HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zMon Mar 11, 2013 6:53 am

Become... Champion? "I'll be honest, I've never thought as far ahead as challenging the Champion. But I will come visit you, either immediately after I become the Champion, or when Pidgeot calls me. Just as you say. I promise you, I will not let you down, and I will be more careful with which Pokemon I challenge." Izzy couldn't believe they actually thought he could become the Champion. The strength he would have to gain between now and then... But this, kneeling in front of an angry Venusaur unflinchingly; that was either proof that he was stronger than he'd been, or that he's been that strong, and he just needs the experiences to use it. Either way, this was a step. And one foot will follow the other, until... until he faces the Champion.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zMon Mar 11, 2013 7:00 am

The father finally backed away and gave a relieving smile. He explained that all Trainers could become the Champion. The mother uses the vines on her back to carefully land his Bulbasaur on the ground. Bulbasaur took a few steps towards Izzy before looking back at his parents who are smiling at him. Teardrops again escaped his eyes because he won't be seeing his parents for a long time; it's so sudden. But he closed his eyes and let out a smirk and looked at Izzy.

He ran towards him and gave a huge and cute smile. It looks like he really is overcoming his childhood; not like he should still act like a child now. The parents give their son farewell as well as Izzy. Would you like to give Bulbasaur a nickname?
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zMon Mar 11, 2013 7:07 am

Izzy sighed with relief. He seriously thought he was going to get trampled. No nickname, he just wasn't that imaginative. "Well, Elekid, Duskull, Bulbasaur, let's go eat lunch, and play around until dinner. Tomorrow, we challenge Brock." He hadn't forgotten the duo in the tree; he figured he'd leave them to join him when they were done discussing... whatever they were discussing.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zMon Mar 11, 2013 1:53 pm

OOC: Gon's turn I guess.
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zWed Mar 13, 2013 1:16 am

((I'm just gonna push this to the gym, since Theo had been interested in that anyway.))

Izzy walked up to the Pewter Gym, as nervous as he could possibly be. Elekid looked up at him, confident in them both, and tugged on Izzy's pant leg. Looking down at Elekid, Izzy knew that they were strong enough, and would walk away from this even stronger. Swallowing his fears, Izzy pushed open the doors, ready for what awaited him on the other side.
Doragon

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zWed Mar 13, 2013 6:35 am

Theo and Trevor were there,waiting and smiling "Nice job, kid, you handled those Venasaur brilliantly, and it paid off, now beat brock!" says Theo as he leans back. "Sir, didn't we promise to keep Izzy safe, but then we left when he was about to get in trouble?" says Trevor, whispering this so Izzy couldn't hear too well. "Shut up Trevor" says Theo, embarresed quite a bit.
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zWed Mar 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Izzy grinned at Theo's compliment. Walking up to the receptionist, he set his trainer I.D. on the counter. "I'd like to challenge the Gym Leader today, if that's possible." Grabbing Bulbasaur's pokeball, he began rolling it around anxiously as he got registered. Elekid seemed completely relaxed, which eased Izzy's nerves a little, but he was still on edge until the lady told him that all he had to do was walk through the doors, and his Gym challenge would begin shortly.
Rori

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zThu Mar 14, 2013 9:57 pm

The arena was completely constructed out of boulders. The floor was made of a hard brown rock, and two boulders towered in opposite corners of the arena. One of the boulders was far shorter than the other, and the second one nearly reached the ceiling. Standing at the opposite end of the arena, Brock stood in an orange shirt with a pokeball in his hand. "Welcome to the Pewter City gym. I'm Brock the gym leader. This will be a 2 on 2 battle. Upon victory you will receive the Boulder Badge. Are you ready?" His mouth was in a light smirk, and he sent out a Geodude while he waited for the opposing trainer's answer.
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zThu Mar 14, 2013 10:30 pm

Izzy nodded, and released Bulbasaur from his Pokeball. "I accept these terms." Turning to Bulbasaur, he whispered, "We may not have much experience together just yet, but we'll do just fine against him. Just remember to listen carefully." Bulbasaur nodded, then trotted to the inside of the arena. Elekid grumbled; he would have preferred to start the battle, but Izzy would rather have the reassurance of Elekid's strength, should Bulbasaur fail.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zFri Mar 15, 2013 8:59 am

OOC: Kay, so I'm back. And uh, who'd mod this now? You wanna do, Rori? Or maybe you wanna choose, Sax. You two talk. :) Honestly, Rori's usage of words and creativity is better than mine.
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 16, 2013 6:25 am

((I don't know about that... seeing as I only had Rori take this RP over was because I thought you were gonna be gone for ages, it would seem appropriate for you to take it back over... No offense, Rori.))
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 16, 2013 2:03 pm

OOC: I'm not really about "appropriateness". So think.
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 16, 2013 4:54 pm

((Again, Rori was just taking it over until you came back; it just so happens that you came back much sooner than we thought. If I had known you would recover so quickly, I would have let the thread sit.))
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 19, 2013 11:21 pm

"A Bulbasaur, huh? Alright. Geodude, Rock Polish," the Gym Leader Brock commanded. Geodude eyes his foe who has the level advantage as his body glows raising his Speed stat.

Spoiler:
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 19, 2013 11:30 pm

((Rock polish is two stacks of speed, I think...))

Hm. Enhanced speed would allow him to dodge attacks better... "Bulbasaur, use Leech seed." The bulb on his back fired off a few seeds, which rapidly grew roots into a net of sorts. The "net" flew towards Geodude, but Bulbasaur's inexperience meant it was not very tightly interlocked - a direct hit may not even have all of the seeds stick.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 19, 2013 11:36 pm

OOC:
Yep, missed that one.

IC:
"No way. Geodude, Mud Sport," Brock commanded pointing his index finger towards Bulbasaur.

Geodude raises his hands in the air and both of them start to glow red-orange. He then slams his hands into the ground, releases a wave of mud from it at Bulbasaur and the incoming "net". As the wave travels, it leaves behind a trail of slippery mud.

While the move is not intended to intercept attacks like it, it could still work.

Spoiler:
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 19, 2013 11:45 pm

The attack was broken up, but Izzy was only getting started. "Poisonpowder! Aim directly above him!" This time, the bulb released a puff of purple spores, accompanied by "Bulba!" The spores drifted down towards Geodude, so Izzy watched to see where he'd try to dodge to.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zWed Mar 20, 2013 2:18 am

Geodude was too distracted by his own attack that he didn't notice the poison spores until he sniffed it poisoning him. "I thought you saw it? Tackle," Geodude headed towards Bulbasaur to smash his hard boulder body against him. Or head?

Spoiler:
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zWed Mar 20, 2013 11:02 am

Izzy didn't expect a full on attack, so Blulbasaur took that Tackle head-on. "Bulbasaur, use Vine Whip!" He watched the tendrils snake out towards Geodude, and begin swiping at him.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zThu Mar 21, 2013 6:55 am

The Poison kicked in and Geodude was surprised by it. Thanks to the Poison, the Vine Whip hit. Geodude moved away from them to breathe. The battle is now on team Izzy's favor. Still, better not forget that the Gym Leader still has his Onix.

"We will not give up, Geodude. Tackle," commanded Brock. He knows his Geodude only has a short fight left in him. The Pokémon’s face and body language perfectly tells he's weakened. Geodude has no choice but to keep fighting; neither does he want to quit. He charges towards the Bulbasaur with all he's got.

Spoiler:
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zThu Mar 21, 2013 7:38 pm

"Bulbasaur, use Vine Whip one more time!" His Elekid crossed his arms, happy that the battle was going well, but upset that he didn't get a chance to fight. Izzy wasn't so sure it was over, that Geodude had enough speed that - sure enough, he collided with Bulbasaur, but with the space now between them, Bulbasaur was able to fling his vines towards Geodude. "Bulba-bul!"
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zFri Mar 22, 2013 2:04 pm

In a very risky attempt, Geodude would try to counter and catch the vines with both of his rocky arms. Should it succeed, he would grip the vines real hard and try to pull Bulbasaur closer to him. Then, he would take advantage of his hard body that it would seem as if Bulbasaur crashed into a brick wall. It's the same as using Tackle, only modified. He acted on his own.

"I'm not so sure what you're doing but I believe in you."
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 23, 2013 7:27 am

Izzy's jaw dropped when he saw Geodude try to grab the Vine Whips. "Bulbasaur, make them cross! If he does grab on, pull them apart and fling him over you!" Bulbasaur jerked his torso, altering their paths, and when Geodude grabbed on, he heaved as hard as he could. Izzy crossed his fingers- this was now a match of raw strength. He had to hope Bulbasaur had it in him to win it.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 23, 2013 9:19 am

OOC:
You mean like vine-of-war? Oh and I'm tossing a coin. Heads or tails, compadre?
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 24, 2013 9:32 pm

((Haha, yes! And, erm... let's go with heads.))
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?   The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone? - Page 4 H6Q0F8z

The Journey Continued - Stronger than Stone?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next