HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Diamond Only

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Leo
Leo

Diamond Only - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Apr 06, 2014 2:01 am

She lazily sat down on her bad and looked at the pokemon of Alice who were getting some food or alice was giving them the food. She laughed as zubat swooped down and swooped back up to claim the chandelier again but this time with a bit of froot as she could smell the moo moo milk went to her nose. She got a glass herself and poured some milk in it as she let her pokeball open and ponyta appeared nudging her when the horse like pokemon saw the food cart and she smiled hugging the small pokemon. She looked at the food, there were lots of apples and of course ponyta loved to eat them. She put like five apples on her bed and ponyta started its meal as she began to get a plate and put up some bacon, scrambled eggs and some sausages. It looked mouth wattering and she couldn't wait to take a bite as she had listened to what she was telling. ''That doesn't sound really nice'' She said after each bite. ''I am actually from this island and try to compete in the competition every year. ''You should try and stay here in these regions where you know there are pokemon, there regions are pretty much crimeless'' as she seemed really hungry just like her ponyta as she gave her more apples and she got more bacon.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Apr 06, 2014 2:07 am

Alice raised her brows, cynical as ever, "Nowhere is pretty much free of crime. Don't you get poachers, and criminal gangs? And that's just the stuff you hear about." She reminded the other girl as she ate, "I know breaking onto property is a real problem, too. The S.S.Anne sunk for that reason, and the reserves and all that. But anyway, I am planning to take part in the league here, at least... But I don't know, I'll see how everything works out."
Leo
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Apr 06, 2014 3:42 pm

''Huh well I haven't had any trouble with crime in this region, we dont have poachers or any criminal gangs really or for as far as i know. We hear about it but we dont have it to my knowlegde.'' She replied to alice as she bit a bit of bread of that had layed on the plate that she was carrying around. ''uh if i could ask what is the SS anne?'' She asked. She knew it was a ship but she hadn't heard of a ship sinking for like a long while. ''Oh cool, I am sure it will work out, I wonder what shawn wants to do'' She said thinking.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Apr 06, 2014 7:06 pm

Alice shrugged. She didn't believe Katie completely. The girl struck her as naive and rather oblivious to things of that nature, but she wasn't going to speak it out loud. "The SS Anne was a famous and fancy cruise ship which left Vermilion City. Team Rocket were on it, and they tried to steal the Pokemon of all the guests. A bunch of trainers banded together to stop them, but the ship sank." She explained, adding neutrally, "I'm sure we'll find out once he's up. He said he was busy, so he must have plans."
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 9:29 am

"Oh...history isn't my strong suit, I guess," Katie chimed ignorantly, her oblivious nature shining through in her bubbly personality. She took another bite of bread, finishing off her portion, save for some crumbs. She smiled and glanced around, before crossing her arms. "Where are those boys?!" She asked frustratedly. There was no telling what had happened to Shawn, as he likely snuck off for some early work hoping to let everyone sleep in some.

Storming off to the boys' room, she knocked loudly. "Shawn, Raphael, come on wakey, wakey!" The girl cooed. When she was met by silence, she huffed and opened the door. Shawn's bed was relatively neat, as though he'd at least attempted to throw the sheets back into place before taking off. Raphael's sleeping quarters, however were disheveled, the boy's body buried somewhere in the light micrfiber sheets.

"Shawn...?" Kate was confused, why would he leave them in his hotel like that? "Umm... Raphael. Hey, Raphael, wake up!" Katie walked over to the boy deep in slumber. He didn't budge. In fact, he actually began snoring louder. "I said...WAKE UP!" She yelled, shaking him until he jolted awake. "Great, you're up!" She chimed in her regular tone again.

"Hnnngg....well yeah, I am now!" Raphael complained, rubbing his eyes. His hair was a mess, to which he tried flattening it with his hand to no avail. Though the weather was hot, he was fortunately wearing his boxer shorts to bed, though little else. "Now get out so I can get dressed!" It seemed none of them were really morning people, Kate aside. 

Still, he managed to shovel the girl from the room as he groomed himself, meanwhile it was obvious the girl was beyond perplexed about Shawn's whereabouts. "What should we do, Alice?" She asked, turning back to the young woman.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 7:14 pm

Alice raised her brows as Katie went off to rouse Raphael, switching on the television to some news channel as she ate. The tournament was on the local news, and it was so bizarre to see herself in real life, fighting a Pokemon battle. "I'd say we look pretty snazzy, don't you?" She grinned. Cleffa sounded a bit left out, knowing he wasn't the strongest battler, and she kissed his forehead, "No worries, babycakes. All those TMs we bought yesterday? You'll be just fine. Especially when we go to Trovita Gym.

"Well," She looked up at her roomate, indicating her sleepwear phase, "I still need to get ready, but I just need to get dressed. Oh! And if I could borrow some of your make-up, that'd be grand..." She added. It wasn't as if she wore a lot, so it was fine, wasn't it? "Shawn knows we'll eventually come back here, so let's do what we want for today. I might go and check out the gym, I dunno yet."
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 11:40 pm

"Hm? Oh, sure," Katie responded, going to her bag and pulling out a small makeup caddy. It had everything one could need, only potentially lacking a few unnecessary wants to conserve space. "I'll let everyone get ready, I'm gonna go play with the Pokémon for now," she said, handing over the makeup. She then went off into the other room to bond and interact with the miscellaneous partners of the crew.

Meanwhile, the boys' door jiggled and clicked open, Raphael emerging. He'd managed to clean up mostly, but without wetting down his hair it was still a might mess. He put on a pair of reflective and snazzy sunglasses, as though it were helping his morning 'hair-do'. He nodded in a 'sup fashion to Alice before he took a place on the sofa, placing his headphones on to listen to some mixes while the girls got ready. The messy hairdo was actually a bit becoming with his current outfit and style, really fit his DJ lifestyle.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Apr 07, 2014 11:59 pm

"Thanks!" Alice beamed, setting the make-up pieces down while she went through the clothes that she had hung up. In the end, she decided to wear the clothes from the day before, swapping out the ballet flats for her airy walking shoes, pocketing the fingerless gloves also picked up in the shops. That would do if she did end up mountain climbing, since that was a messy job and not worth ruining clothes over. Cleffa was once again looking away, worried his trainer was still wandering around naked.

"Hey," Alice greeted Raphael as she tied her hair back, starting on her make-up while he sat down and listened to music. It was mostly neutral, her brown eyeshadow given a shimmer, eyeliner a light blue to match the shorts. Once the trainer was all set, her things packed away in the leather bag from yesterday, she called to Katie a thank you for use of her make-up, sprayed on some sweet perfume and greeted her crew.

"Alright, y'all. Let's get moving, I'll see if we're going to do the gym or not later." Alice recalled Slowpoke, but gathered the shy Cleffa in her arms and gestured for Zubat to swoop down. In a trail of glitter, she did, landing easily on the young woman's shoulder. "Alright, I'm set! I dunno what you guys want to do, but I'm thinking of trying the gym!"
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 08, 2014 2:39 am

"Hmm?" Katie glanced up as Alice entered the room to gather her companions. "Oh, we were just having fun. Is it time to go now?" She asked, standing up and brushing off her knees. She followed Alice back into the other room, where she gathered her own supplies for the day while Raphael seemed to remain oblivious.

He finally glanced up, noticing that something was going on. "Oh, you're ready," he said, giving Alice a once over. "Didn't you..." He started, then thought he better not mention the fact that she was wearing the same clothes as the day prior. He shrugged, pulling his headphones down to rest against the back of his neck.

Katie stood beside Alice, though a bit behind her. It was clear the girl was more of a follower, and waiting for her 'mentor' to lead the way. Raphael however seemed in a pretty chill demeanor, slipping on his shoes with ease and opening the hotel room. "I grabbed the key Shawn left us, so we should be good here," he noted casually, before heading down the hall corridor to the elevator. He waited for the others before letting the doors shut for the first floor.

"I wanted to check some of the record stores today, so I might split off for a bit at some point. Just sayin'," Raphael warned the others. His drive and passion for music was pretty apparent, at least. "Prolly just depends on where you girls are goin' first. I'm not about to stick around for some tutu shopping, not that you'd wear tutus," he said, again aiming it at Alice. She didn't seem like the type. Sure, she wore nice clothes, but the frilly stuff would likely be awkward. He smirked, "not that ruffles wouldn't add some appeal," he sniggered. 
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 08, 2014 2:46 am

"Hey, I know ballet. I can do tutus." Alice teased in reply. They were good for neon parties, too, and very idol-like. "I was thinking of doing the gym, that's why I'm wearing these again. If I have to climb and sled down a mountain, I might as well mess these up again." She'd woken up in sand, it made sense, after all. Raphael's gaze hadn't gone unnoticed when it came to the majority of her outfit.

Heading into the lift, Alice pressed the button for the ground floor, two of her Pokemon in physical tow as the box made its descent. She stepped out into the foyer, returning the greetings to the staff around them. "But yeah, I think I'll head the gym way, and meet up with you all later if you don't want to come." They could take the cable car to the summit, but climbing was not her forte, so Alice had no idea how long her challenge would take to complete.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 08, 2014 7:32 am

"Yeah, I don't feel much like being shown up again just yet, if you know what I mean," Raphael chuckled. "Peace out, Alice. I'll catch ya later." With that, Raphael waved off his companions, and set out into town on his own journey-for music. Katie seemed a bit distraught about the crew seeming to break up like this.

"I umm..." She stuttered, just before Raphael headed out of site. "I guess I'll stick around to root for you, Alice," the girl said meekly. "After all, it's always helpful to have support, even if. I can't do much! Ponyta and I will be there to cheer!" She assured, smiling at the older trainer. Now all that was left, was to make their way to the Gym to begin one of the most taxing challenges Alice had faced yet.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 08, 2014 7:36 am

Alice glanced back as Katie started to follow, smiling and shrugging. "Sure! But we'll have to find it first." She admitted. The mountain in the distance seemed like a good direction to go in, so she headed in that general direction, "I don't mind if you want to go with Raphael, though. I mean, I've never climbed a mountain before, this could end up being a two day trip."
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 08, 2014 8:21 am

"Oh, uh...you sure?" Katie asked. Had it been that apparent that she wasn't truly too enthused about the ordeal? She didn't want to upset Alice. "Well, there are a few things I wanted to pick up in the shops, so if you're sure you're alright..." Katie said, drawing it out. "We'll meet up after for the photo shoot anyway, right? I'll see you later, Alice, good luck!" Katie was cheery, as she ran off after Raphael to catch up and go to the market.

Alice was now on her own, faced with the road ahead. Soon Alice would find herself exiting the city scape, and headed down the mostly open beach path leading toward a peaceful village. Just through there were the gates to Navel Gym, and Alice's next destination. The sea breeze blew through her hair, assaulting her nose with the salty spray.

"Ahoy!" A voice called from the water. Alice could see a man seemingly surfing with a sail attached to his board. Windsurfing, quite a popular sport in this area. He came toward shore, hopping off his board and letting it hydroplane onto shore before he clasped the mast in his firm grip. He was rather handsome with brown hair cut into a short crop, made messy in the surf. He was currently shirtless, showing off his toned body, no doubt from all the outdoor play one could get here.
Diamond Only - Page 2 100px-DannySmall "You look like a trainer, am I right?" He asked, brushing some of the sea water from his hair in a swift motion. "You must be here to challenge Navel Gym. My name's Danny," he offered out his hand. "And what's a sweet little thing like you call herself?" He cooed. If Alice were to accept his handshake, he would quickly grasp it with a firm but gentle squeeze. Turning her hand, he bowed and placed a kiss upon the back of it. He then looked back up at her with a sparkle in his eyes, almost as if she had been swept away into a chapter of some cheesy romance novel.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 08, 2014 8:31 am

Zubat fluttered along at her side, occasionally taking a sweeping detour to snap up a berry that she spotted. Alice had put her trainers and socks away to walk along the beach, feet paddling in the water as she went. It was so different to be by the shore here compared to cold and rainy England, and she couldn't quite get used to the heat.

In the ocean, there seemed to only be one person: an incredibly tall and handsome man, thankfully wearing no shirt (Arceus thank the tropical climate!) as he windsurfed along. When he greeted her, she grinned, waving and calling out a 'Hi!' in response, now holding her cuddly baby in one arm. Surprised that he came ashore, Alice was even more surprised to find that he was the gym leader of the island.

"Oh, yeah," Alice took his hand to shake, blushing a bit as he squeezed it. It was weird to see all of these characters in real life and hear their voices, instead of in some anime, "I'm a new trainer, but yeah-- I'm Alice. It's nice to meet you." She pursed her lips to suppress a grin as the trainer kissed her hand, "Is it okay to challenge you now, or are you busy...?"
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 08, 2014 8:57 am

Danny stood up, smiling at Alice lightly. "Straight to the point, why can't more girls be like you?" He chuckled, folding his board down to carry under his arm. "Come on, I'll show you to town so I can at least get dressed first," he spoke calmly with light hint of teasing as he gestured with a nod for Alice to follow him. 

He led her down the beach, trying to make small talk along the way. "So what brings you out here? I mean, aside from the Gym. Most trainers stick to the homeland like seasick dogs," Danny went on. If it weren't for his smooth voice he would almost sound like a pirate with his 'ye land lubbers' talk.

Finally they approached the village, it was small an quaint, and would be an ideal place to live for anyone who loved the sea and couldn't stand the bustle of city life. Approaching one of the log houses, Danny pulled a towel off the deck rail and dried himself off. Even just the act was like a bit from a scene, the sun glistening on his chest as his muscles rippled while drying his hair. He smirked at Alice again.

"Like what you see?" He nodded to the village a moment later, waiting just long enough to let Alice be confused about what he meant. "This village is a beauty. Originally they wanted to build that city resort right over this place. I refused to let anything like that happen, though." He found a shirt, red with a geodude print, and pulled it on covering his torso indefinitely. 

"So Alice, you think you're ready to take on my challenge? If so, meet me at the gates in one hour. I need to go dry off and change," he laughed again. "Wouldn't want to do that in my suit, after all. If you're hungry you can catch a meal with Grams. She's not really my gram, but she'll feed just about anyone like she was. Trust me, you'll need the energy." With that, Danny pointed to the log house belonging to Grams, and headed inside his own abode to change and gear up for the challenge.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 08, 2014 9:03 am

"Oh, mostly just the gym. But it is really pretty out here, I think it'd be a good place to train and find wild Pokemon." Alice said as Danny spoke to her. She wondered how old he was. He was definitely older than her, but she couldn't imagine him being in his thirties at all. Joining him in the village, Zubat waited on the railing, Cleffa nosing about from his place in the girl's arms. At Danny's question, she turned bright red, a little speechless until he finished off, perplexed at what to think. He was a real flirt - worse than Rudy had been depicted, in fact.

"It's a good thing that you didn't stop fighting. It'd be horrible if this village got built over, I think one of the Archipelago's charms is that there are small places like this, and I'm a city girl." Alice insisted, thinking it was a shame that he had covered his wonderful body. It was like she was in a drama of some kind. Still, if he was going to wait for her atop the snowy mountain, then he couldn't afford to get sick. "Okay, thank you!"

With that, Alice offered a hand for Zubat to land on, going into the small wooden home that the supposed 'Grams' lived in, intrigued at the thought of possible homemade food.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 08, 2014 10:02 pm

As Alice went to Gram's, Danny was busy getting ready for the upcoming challenge. He prepped his gear, dressing for the occasion. He made sure his team was fresh and ready as well, clipping each of their pokeballs to his gear. He did his best to eat up the hour prepping for the challenge before going to wait by the gate.

When Alice approached Gram's place, the door opened and a stout old woman showed up. She had to be close to eighty years old, the decades having taken a toll on her wrinkled body. Her eyes had deteriorated, and she was now forced to wear bottle thick glasses to make up for it. The glasses caused her eyes to appear larger than they should, with a large nose and her grey hair pulled up into a bun. 

"Hello?" She cracked, her voice worn from the years. "Oh, hello dear! Well aren't you a cute little filly. You aren't Danny's girlfriend, are you? Tohoho, that boy. Oh, you're a trainer? You must be here to challenge the gym then. Come on in," Grams stepped aside to invite Alice in. For her age she was quite spry and her devious perverted nature must have only grown as she did. "Let's get you all fed, and get some warmer clothes for you!"

The small woman scuffled into her home, which wafted with the scent of home cooking. She showed Alice to the table, and offered her a glass of MooMoo Milk. "I'll go get you some food good for energy! Tohoho!" The woman scuffled into the kitchen laughing cheerily. When she came back, it was with a platter of food. 

On the platter was a small braised turkey breast on top of romaine lettuce and drizzled with a savory glaze. As a side platter there were mashed sweet potatoes, with a mixture of bread and spices and some homemade brown gravy. It was high in carbohydrates, with some protein to hold. It was obviously meant as a meal for energy now, similar to olympians eating noodles the meal before they perform.

She set down the meal before Alice, her hands old and worn. She had clearly been a working woman, based on the callouses and wrinkles. You earned those battle scars. "Enjoy, dearie, while Grams goes and gets you something warm to wear," the woman shuffled off down the hall to a closet. She pulled out some mitts and a scarf, as well as a winter hat and leg warmers. 

It was a good minute before she returned, allowing Alice to get some food in her. "Here we go. Now, Grams doesn't have many tops or bottoms in your size, but these'll help you out, at least," she hung the garments over the back of a free chair.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 08, 2014 10:31 pm

Alice laughed, waving her hands dismissively when she was asked if she was Danny's girlfriend. The humour resonated with her, even if Grams was obviously very old and frail. The fresh, clean air of the island village must have done wonders for the woman, and she went inside, keeping up the small talk from the dinner table as food was served up. Mashed textures tended to make her feel sick, but Cleffa and Zubat didn't seem to mind, so with an apology in her sweet voice, the trainer took to eating everything else. Hot food in a hot climate was a bit tough, but Alice thoroughly enjoyed the food given.

"It's okay, I'm sorry, I know I'm tiny." She laughed, "These are all really brilliant. I didn't expect anything like this, I'm really grateful, so thank you so much! And I promise I'll bring them right back to you once I'm done." The young trainer assured her. Alice really was overwhelmed with thanks, and her Pokemon were, too. Slowpoke was going to be the main game changer here, but these two were vital once it came to carving. "Sorry, you two, but I can't take you up with me. Say thank you to Grams, okay?"

They did, Cleffa bouncing up and down and waving his little arms, the shiny Zubat hovering with a few happy croaks before returning to their Heal Balls, safe and sound. Alice had washed her feet before eating, putting her socks and practical footwear back on, saving the colder items for later. She'd stop part way in the ascent when things started to get chilly and put things on, "I really mean it, though. Thanks a bunch. Please take care of yourself, and I'll see you soon, hopefully!"

With a respectful bow and cheerful way, the beginner trainer made for the wooden archway by the foot of the mountain, heart racing with exhilaration. This was going to be crazy, and Alice only hoped she could pull it off. She wasn't Ash, after all.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Apr 08, 2014 11:56 pm

"Good luck, my child!" Grams called, waving to Alice as she ran off to her destiny. She placed a withered hand over her chest, "That girl has something special inside her. I can see it in the bond with her Pokémon. Isn't that right, Juju?" A haunting presence manifested beside her, intangible and indistinguishable. Though Alice was far off in the distance by now, she would feel a slight chill creep up her spine.

It could have been mistaken for excitement though, for now just before her were the gates. A large pokeball symbol was etched into the gate where the doors met. Danny was standing off to the side, looking mighty adventurous in his new gear. He looked like a cross between Indiana Jones and a G.I. Joe figurine.

"Ahoy, Alice!" Danny called, waving her to him as he walked forward to meet her in the middle. "Glad to see you didn't chicken out. You wouldn't believe how many trainers run away after the free meal," he laughed. "I know Grams cooks like its winter at the north pole, but believe me you'll be glad for the hot meal later on!" 

He threw an arm over Alice's shoulder as he walked back to the gate with her. The terrain had turned more rough, the foliage turning more scarce as they began to walk on to the foot of the mountain. The large gates were opened as they walked on. Danny stopped, looking up toward the peak. He had to shield his eyes with one hand.

"Pretty impressive, eh? This mountain is one of the tallest around. Look, you can't even see the peak! Goes right into the clouds!" Danny laughed as he practically rubbed in how hard the next task was going to be. "Well, this first part of the test is to meet me at the top. If you use any of your Pokémon in the ascent, you'll be automatically disqualified. Ready? Let's do this!"
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 09, 2014 12:30 am

Alice had no idea how she was going to manage this thing. Looking upward, the whole task was quite daunting. Maybe she should have come back later and tried this gym last? "Yeah, I bet they do." She mused, in reference to the meal. It was honestly tempting to do the same, but instead, she was going to fight on. What if this dream, or this reality, was suddenly taken away? The challenger knew she wouldn't forgive herself if she backed out now.

"Yeah, okay, let's go." Alice smiled weakly, hiding her fear as best she could before starting up the long, winding trail upwards. At least to begin with, it was just a simple path, steep as it was. Alice could manage that much, but when she eventually made it to the top of that, it was time to begin the climb. Withdrawing the fingerless gloves from her pockets, Alice made a cautious start, biting her lower lip in concentration. This was going to take some time, but it would be worth it. This was the hardest part, after all. They always said that to have strong Pokemon, the trainer needed to have equal strength - so she had to win this challenge!
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 09, 2014 1:10 am

Danny started up the mountain at a hearty pace. Cardio was apparently part of his general routine. He reached the base to start climbing several minutes before Alice, but what else could be expected? He'd done this before-probably plenty of times. "Come on Alice, don't fall too far behind," he cheered, though it sounded awfully backhanded.

He continued up, grasping onto rocky ledges and protrusions to haul himself up further. It was a good way up until, the next rest point. Alice had to climb up for a good twenty minutes before she found a ledge large enough for her to sit. It would give her hands a rest, as they well would need it. The rocks were not forgiving, micro cuts and minor abrasions showing up on her fingers.

They were rubbed red so far, and would likely be raw by the time she reached the summit. Danny waited for her at the first landing, when she got there he pulled her up onto it. "I know I said your Pokémon can't help you, but I figure it wont hurt if I help you. Just this once," he gave her a wink. He then went on his way back up climbing toward the top, where the next challenge awaited.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 09, 2014 1:17 am

When Alice reached the first rest point, she thanked Danny for helping her up, lip twitching at the remark he made.His cheer before had indeed felt awfully backhanded, but it was incredibly clear to her now that the gym leader was flirting hard. Had he done that with other ladies, too? She had to wonder, fighting the temptation not to flop onto her back. If she conked out completely, getting back up was going to be absolute hell.

She nursed her poor fingers, but it wasn't cold enough for her to switch to the full gloves yet. Instead, Alice drank some water she'd taken from the hotel room, wishing it was as cold as it had been earlier, finishing off the bottle and getting up, beginning to follow. At least one thing came of this climb. Danny was always ahead, which meant she always had a divine view of his arse.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 09, 2014 3:19 am

The climb up was hard and treacherous. Every now and then Alice would grab hold of a loose stone, her weight pulling it free to send it toppling down the mountainside. Several times her foot would slip, causing the rocks to dig into her knees and hands as she clung on. This happened more as she rose, and temperatures became frigid. The only solace was that every now and then, there would be a ledge to rest on.

Below the cloud line the sun was setting, marking the end of the day. It was to be expected, the mountain was rather tall. It wasn't a feat one could expect to complete in a mere few hours. But now Alice was above the line, where it was twilight. The air was thin and crisp, stars more clear and bright than Alice would have ever seen. Danny helped her once more onto a ledge. The summit was visible, but still a good ways up. 

"Hey, you're doing great!" He said, muscles bulging from the blood being pumped to them. It was like he had just been weight lifting which, in a way, he had been. "Bet you're sore by now though, eh? Don't worry we're gonna stop here and rest for the night. You didn't think this challenge was gonna be so quick, did you?" He laughed, nodding to a tent he'd set up.

"Don't worry, Grams packed your own sleeping bag. But there was no way I was carrying TWO tents!" Inside he had a battery operated heater, and a canister of soup which he offered to Alice. "Grams packed two, she's always nicer to the girls," he joked. He slipped into his sleeping bag, still completely bundled up. "Best to get some rest though, your muscles will need it." By this time it would be true, surely her muscles would ache and throb, screaming to be put down.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 09, 2014 3:35 am

Alice was glad, by this time, that Danny was offering to help even the tiniest bit. She was shattered, and this whole escapade had her feeling dizzy. It was hard enough for her to even contemplate climbing a mountain with lines, but just to be freely scaling it? She had a modelling job coming up, and she was going to be covered in bruises! Make-up would hate her!

"Thanks a bunch." By now, the leg warmers and other warm pieces of clothing were on, and when the food was consumed, Alice retreated into the tent and her own sleeping bag. She wondered if cuddling with the flirtatious gym leader was a possibility, complaining about the cold or some such, but it didn't take long to fall asleep after all given her energy level. The thin air was a problem, though, something to make the anxious climber panic.

When morning came, she tried to sleep again, as usual, but it was on Danny's schedule If he wanted to move, they moved, and one inspiration was the lodge at the top and the possibility of a shower. Strength renewed with the drinks she had (her other drinks were cold again thanks to the temperature drop), the challenger made her ascent once more. The rookie was extremely proud of herself to get this far, but knew she wouldn't forgive herself for failing now, and put all of her determination into this. It was the Pokemon world, and Alice had to succeed!
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 09, 2014 4:24 am

Danny chuckled as Alice flopped worn out clearly. He dimmed the lantern, and the two of them fell asleep. As much as Alice wanted to sleep in, Danny inevitably was an early riser. He began packing up the tent around her, finally waking her when he needed to pack her sleeping bag and fold the tent. "We should make it to the Summit in a few hours. They'll have a meal for us at the lodge, but we can only spend an hour there before the next trial starts. Good luck, Alice," Danny said, giving a nod before he began hefting himself up the steep slope once more.

He wasn't wrong about the timing, as just a little over three hours of climbing and short breaks let Alice finally reach the summit. It was a glorious view, the clouds beneath swirling with colors as the sun rose to greet them. Danny waited in the Lodge for her, his Pokémon waiting with him ready for the next challenge. Most notably, his Nidoqueen. All of his Pokémon appeared quite buff and intimidating. It was probably a good thing this gym was a challenge rather than a battle, else Alice might have her arse handed to her.

The lodge offered a complimentary breakfast buffet, customizable omelette station included. After the meal and potentially a hot shower, the challenger was to meet Danny outside near the geysers for the next step. The road to this badge was not an easy one. Danny stood by, with his Nidoqueen beside him. He smiled at Alice, as he explained the rules. 

"You can only use one Pokémon to freeze the geyser. After that you cam use as much of your team as necessary to carve a toboggan. Good luck, challenger," he gave a wink, before signaling the start of round two.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Only   Diamond Only - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

Diamond Only
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next