HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSun Aug 07, 2011 7:41 am

If you read the early stages of the game Pride, you would see that the original theme was o be generations crossing. I believe we should have a Vortex style starter system but on a regular level. Spinda will be very common obviously, and obviously the Champ will have a full party of it XD.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSun Aug 07, 2011 7:58 am

We should stick to one region's starter set or all besides unova. Unova set can be available aftr E4, maybe.
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSun Aug 07, 2011 8:16 am

Why all beside Unova? You are aware that we have to fit 150 Pokemon inside a game the length of one nornally fitting little more than 200. Having pokemon which should be given out at the beggining given out at the end seems like a waste of time in my opinion.

Unless we are to firstly give out the Kanto startersthen as the game progresses you get the Johto then hoenn, then Sinnoh an after you bet the E4 the unova, that would represent generation crossin nicely. However if people play the game and see all the starters except Unova theyll be like, "WTF THIS GAME IS UPDATED!" *shuts window deletes game*
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSun Aug 07, 2011 8:17 am

..Yeahh...
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSun Aug 07, 2011 8:58 am

You sound confused XD
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSun Aug 07, 2011 9:29 am

No no, you make sense..
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSun Aug 07, 2011 9:40 am

Yay thats good. Well whats Q think since it IS his game. Also has Q added the moves to the game cos thatll be a massive pain.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zMon Aug 08, 2011 12:23 am

I had posted something, but my internet cut out so the post never happened. I'll short form it up.

Spinda is lame. There's only one unique thing about it and that's that there's never two the same. Besides, it was practically the reason the 3rd Generation was so good. Everyone could get their own Spinda. Having Spinda be very common would be very pointless. And if the Champion had a team of Spinda's, I'd burn my laptop, then delete this topic.

Pride's idea of the region being colder as you go in doesn't work. The Dragon gym wouldn't be the 8th gym, in fact dragon pokemon wouldn't be found in cold areas, because Dragons are weak to Ice.

My league idea is a bit more unqiue as it contains an idea from the 5th generation, 3rd generation, and one that's never been used before.

Team Supernova could be something else. Pride's name sparked an idea, based on the Seven Deadly Sins. If someone could come up with a name for that, Quibbloboy would gladly use them as bosses. Yes Pride, that would make you evil, but you don't know what your guy would let people do. I can't release ideas without Quibbloboy's say, wouldn't want to feed false information about his game.
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zMon Aug 08, 2011 8:37 am

I was being sarcastic XD

And yeah the 7 deadly sins...thats alot of bosses though.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zMon Aug 08, 2011 3:16 pm

They are the elites of the team, right?
There'll be one boss, maybe by another code name, I like it. Thanks, Derek! :D
Also, Derek, we dont follow that idea of climate. Maybe we can have a friendly discussion on this? Can we put 4 of my league guys and 4 of yours? Or leave it to debate from quibbloboy?

Also, let's put Spinda as a pokemon common in the region though, they don't look SO bad lol.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zMon Aug 08, 2011 3:58 pm

The only unqiue thing about Spinda is it's looks. Besides, your classing a pokemon that has something unique about it like it's a herp a derp Bidoof/Zigzagoon/Rattata. That's just low. That's an insult on the highest level.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zMon Aug 08, 2011 4:52 pm

No no, I think they look kinda cute in the anime: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 180px-Spinda_anime
Also, why can't we have them as wild pokemon in the region?
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue Aug 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Starters:
Well... What I have set up was just allowing the player to choose any of the 15 starters, as it seemed like it would show off the "this game is current" thing right from the beginning.

Native Pokemon:
I was going to try to put as many Pokemon as possible (if not all Pokemon / their prevo's) in the wild, so that you could fill up your National Pokedex. As soon as we get towns, routes, etc. figured out we can start figuring out where to put what Pokemon (and obviously, we won't be able to strenuously debate over every Pokemon in the world, because there are almost 650 of them ;) ).

Moves:
Yeah, those are going to be a bloody pain in the @$$ and I will no doubt hate it infinitely and I may become a serial killer to relieve the stress. But let's not be too optimistic here.

As for the 7 Deadly Sins bosses idea, it's already sort of been done in FMA.

Spinda will be another pain to program. I've never even heard of a single line of Game Maker code that could edit sprites at such a minute level, so I'll probably have to use someone else's Spinda generation code (yes, they're out there) in HTML or whatever, and import / translate /whateveryouwanttocallit into Game Maker using GM's nifty DLL tool.
But that doesn't influence how common it is, mind you- yes, we'll most likely be able to make Spinda as common - or uncommon - as we want. However, I don't think Spinda should be WILDLY common- perhaps it should be moderately-particularly common in one certain, small area towards the center? Because while Spinda looks cute in the Anime, and its eyes match the shape of the region, so does the Poli- family, and one Pokemon loses its cuteness factor VERY quickly when you run into one of them every 3 steps. Then it becomes incredibly annoying.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue Aug 09, 2011 4:49 pm

Quibbloboy wrote:

Spinda will be another pain to program. I've never even heard of a single line of Game Maker code that could edit sprites at such a minute level, so I'll probably have to use someone else's Spinda generation code (yes, they're out there) in HTML or whatever, and import / translate /whateveryouwanttocallit into Game Maker using GM's nifty DLL tool.
But that doesn't influence how common it is, mind you- yes, we'll most likely be able to make Spinda as common - or uncommon - as we want. However, I don't think Spinda should be WILDLY common- perhaps it should be moderately-particularly common in one certain, small area towards the center? Because while Spinda looks cute in the Anime, and its eyes match the shape of the region, so does the Poli- family, and one Pokemon loses its cuteness factor VERY quickly when you run into one of them every 3 steps. Then it becomes incredibly annoying.

Thank you! It is such a pain to see Spinda in the R/S/E game going to Meteor Falls and back, even when you want one. They are the most common pokemon in that one area!
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 10, 2011 2:45 pm

About 7 deadly sins, they'll be completely different in this game. For one thing, they were real names in FMA but will be code names here. 7 deadly sin is also common, not fma only, remember digimon sometihng?
Also for the fact they don't have something like special powers, instead they can specialize in types. For example:

Pride: Fire, Dragon and Ice (Focuses on a balanced strategy)
Wrath: Dark and Ghost (Focus on Attack and Sp.Attack)
Lust: Bug and Flying (Focus on Speed)
Greed: Electric and Psychic (Focus on right moment to get all)
Envy: All (Focus on status ailments)
Gluttony: Grass and Water (No strategy)
Sloth: Normal (No strategy)

Their boss has a plan to take over the world, he does not seem very threatening at first, which is why the members had agreed to join.

First off, this team is a good, skillful one, unlike Team Rocket. The team has a good, fixed plan to do what they are doing. They do not always FAIL though not always SUCCESS.

Suggestions and Thoughts:

"final battle": The battle with them that occur just before the E4.

Sloth starts off weak, and is the first commander you fight. By that time he would only have a slakoth. He hates to follow orders, and only fights when forced to do so. He would appear again later with a vigortoth, loudred, and herdier, where he would team up with Gluttony. He would then be heard of in a village (final one before league where 8th gym is, the guy tells him about all the people) for a long time again and appear at the final battle where he is on the leader's side with a Slaking, Stoutland, Exploud, Ursaring and a Lickilicky.
He can appear later in some place with a full 6 pokemon party of an added Sawsbuck and Final form bird.

Gluttony is usually paired with Sloth in missions, and starts off weak as well. During the first battle which is slightly after the battle with Sloth, Gluttony has a Lotad. Gluttony is also rather lazy. He appears later in the game teamed with Sloth, with a Lombre, Ferroseed, Horsea and Snover. HE is then battled at the final battle when he has a Ludicolo, Ferrothorn, Kingdra, and Abomasnow. He can also appear later somewhere with 6 pokemon party with an added Shiftry and a Gastrodon.

Envy is a rather annoying person in game, for one thing, she keeps using status ailments and whirlwind to take down pokemon with status effects. Since she usually appears at areas with many strong wild pokemon, it is hard to make his way out after a battle with Envy. She first appears a little later than Gluttony and Sloth. She appears with Greed, at a gym or cave maybe, trying to retrieve something. They battle the user and the gym leader of the town in a tag team battle. Envy appears with a Kirilia, Golbat, and Haunter. She appears in the final battle with a Gardevoir who knows Hypnosis and sleep induced moves, Crobat who infects and whirlwinds, Haunter who confuses and licks, -WiP-
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Actually.......Even Quibbloboy felt that there's no direct final battle before the E4. When I showed him the concept of the Team allowing the player to capture a certain legendary, he shortened that part to where each leader could potentially allow the player to catch a certain legendary that the commander had captured.

Besides, you can't just start off creating an entire plot for a group that we have no clue whether they will make a cut or not. It takes careful planning and consideration when you also consider the factor that one of my Gym Leader ideas involved a Gym Leader being Affilated with the Team. Also I wanted to throw Shadow into the pot.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 10, 2011 6:30 pm

As i had said, im only suggesting to give u guys more ideas. By final battle, I mean the last battle he fights with he player before the E4, not specifically everyone in one area. I just suggested to giv u udeas on pokemon and types to keep the 7 sin codes unique rather than a copy from FMA or digimon. I like the idea of a gym leader being secretly affiliated with them.

Also, let's not keep them total enemies, more like Plasma where the player is secretly treasured.

Here is another idea, to give a reason and story to how they gave the player to capture a legendary:

Maybe the 7 leaders are on the boss's side at first, when they hear good things from him or her, and slowly turn around when they find the truth. Slowly, Pride may find out the truth, inform Wrath, and team up with the player on a couple of battles to defeat two other people of the 7 guys, who were still loyal to the leader. Then, on the other side, the player rival maybe teamed up with Greed and Envy who were also no longer loyal to the team. They could go to hunt for something, maybe someone kept prisoner. Then, they could reach the leader where they truly become friends. Since the early side of the games, Pride, Greed, and Envy were not exactly bad to the people or the player as the others probably were. Here, after the battle, Pride will tell the player to meet him somewhere. In somewhere, Lust will ask the player to battle him again, and once teh player beats him, he will heal the player and let him/her take the legendary hiding there. Once the battle with the legendary is over, Lust will give him the location of Greed, Envy, and Wrath. Greed would battle the player one more time, greedy as always for better power. If and once the player defeats him, Greed would let him through. Same to Envy and Wrath. Wrath would however, inform the player that Pride was somewhere. Pride would be waiting, and will once beaten, heal the player and let him through to the legendary. Pride would tell the player that Gluttony and Sloth were somewhere. They are not as friendly as the others though. Gluttony will try to stop you in where he is, once you defeat him, he will flee, allowing you to pass. Sloth would also flee once the player beats him, allowing the player to go catch the legend

^there
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 10, 2011 7:04 pm

It was more or less orginally designated that, after the main leader is defeated and you beat the E4, that you caould battle each boss once more, then have the option of capturing a legendary pokemon of your choice.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 10, 2011 7:22 pm

We can have a weekly/daily event like black's cheren per day bianca per staurday, 7 days of the week, leaders of the team. Also, do you agree that the 7 leaders shydn't be total enemies to teh main player?
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 10, 2011 8:43 pm

I still very much dislike the idea of using the 7 deadly sins as names. Although I did come up with this: They aren't named after the 7 deadly sins, but their personalities are based off of them- for example, one could be very fat, always shown eating things and talking about food (or talks about eating the player's Pokemon), representing Gluttony. One could be horribly ruthless and mean, only using Pokemon that are extremely strong and bad@$$ looking, representing Wrath. One could be very lazy, half asleep all the time and using Pokemon like Darkrai (based on sleeping and Nightmares), Slowpoke, Snorlax, etc., representing Sloth. Although come to think about it, people might think we were trying to represent the 7 dwarfs XD.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 10, 2011 9:34 pm

No using Darkrai. He can be purposeful to a side-quest after the Elite Four.
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 11, 2011 12:11 am

Agrees with Derek. If we are to use the Deadly Sins, just make sure the leader mentions that they re the deadly sins at some point. Even to the extent of calling them his 'Deadly Sins'
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 11, 2011 1:50 pm

So yeah quibbloboy, much better ;)
Also, darknesslord, they shun't mention that.

Let me "design" the guy for Pride:

One could be very proud. The proud guy has pokemon of "pride" and "power", specializing in Dragon and Fire types. Maybe having some dragon-type Pseudo legends like Salamence, Garchomp, or Hydreigon. He could have a fire type pokemon like Volcarona/Arcanine. He would be proud, a lot at first of them game. He always mentions sayings, quotes from books, and is insane, doing anything with pride.

He could later be considered an ally, where he can fight his own leader with pride, to protect someone/thing, weakening the leader in the process, the leader would then fight the trainer with 4 high levelled pokemon (80s) in perfect health and 2 others fainted/half hp/status ailment he applied. Yeah, I need this guy to be slightly more major than the minor guys, more like a second rival.

Greed:

Greedy, although he was working under a boss, he likes to get his fair share, doing a few jobs of his own sometimes, getting into trouble while doing so. He easily admits his love for money, and never lies. Honest yet greedy, he would still be into trouble, always. Also kind of lucky to get away each time. He can act like a rather funny character of the game, getting under trouble each time. He focuses on pokemon of luck like Persian (Prevo meowth was based off Japanese legend of the 招き猫 Maneki Neko, also known as the lucky cat or beckoning cat.) Other pokemon he could carry can be One shiny pokemon, Dark type pokemon with item stealing moves, Grass pokemon with draining moves, etc.

Lust:

Doesn't have any self-control, at all. If he loses a battle, he would scream and yell and attempt to do anything wild. He often mentions secrets of the team. He also focuses on power, using moves like Outrage, Thrash, Giga Impact and Hyper Beam. From this, pokemon like Rampardos and Aggron. He gets some self control towards the end of the game.

Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSat Aug 13, 2011 8:43 pm

Your "lust" sounds more like Wrath...
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSun Aug 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Sorry, I went overboard :P
But he/she should have aggressive pokemon with Thrash/Outrage which the user attacks uncontrollably for 3 turns and then gets confused. Maybe even an Exploud with Uproar lol
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 4 H6Q0F8z

Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next