HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Gallade!
Gallade!

Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jun 30, 2011 11:26 pm

If you haven't got a name yet, I've got an EPIC one

Pokémon

UNUNUNIUM!

It's a manmade chemical... Well, it has a different name now, but you can't say 'Unununium' isn't an epic name!

I may be able to help on my old computer, but my laptop is 'too new', and it's saying I need a 64 or 32-bit processor "/
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Jul 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Its called rutherfordium now...

Theres ununoctium or ununonium, elements 118 and 119, but that sounds wierd. Go for an element everyone knows like titanium or Mercury.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jul 02, 2011 11:43 pm

Yeah, these are very good suggestions. But, I guess this is an issue best left to stew in my head.

I feel like all my people who said they would help test have deserted me :(.
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jul 02, 2011 11:49 pm

Dont worry I started testing but see I havent had much spare time with exams and stuff but Im free now so Ill help test more once i get my comp back.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jul 02, 2011 11:57 pm

Ok, thanks. I have a new version in the works, but it's not much of an update; it simply adds a dialog box where you can enter a number and jump to that Pokemon. I'll upload as soon as I can.
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jul 03, 2011 9:08 am

You know? Where you thinking of embedding the game inside a Visual Studio Applicayion in the end.

Benefits of that would include the ability to control the game from a console, and search the game, you couod swap between graphics modes or one and two screen. You could make a second screen able to come out during a battle which coul be the PokeDex. Think about it, it should be a good idea, I think.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 06, 2011 5:53 pm

Eventually I may be able to release it as HTML5, but Visual Studio isn't currently being considered. And wow, I sound like a lawyer answering questions about an upcoming game.
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 07, 2011 12:46 am

XD well in return for ur answers I checked the first 100 Pokemon. The stats seem to be in order.

Ill do the next 100 tommorow...
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jul 09, 2011 2:25 am

Thanks, you're a champ.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Jul 22, 2011 8:12 am

BAH, everyone's deserted me. I'll just do it myself from 101 on.

I'll credit you, DL.
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Jul 22, 2011 8:15 am

Im still here dont worry just ben unable to get on comp to test next 100 Pokemon.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Jul 22, 2011 8:19 am

At least you haven't left me.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jul 31, 2011 3:58 am

New version, names added, and a dialog box. Controls:
F1 brings up a help screen and takes it away again.
Pressing F9 takes a screenshot and saves it... Somewhere.
Pressing F5 saves the game, and F6 loads it.
F4 toggles full-screen mode.
Esc exits.
S brings up a box where you can enter a number and jump straight to that Pokemon.

DOWNLOAD HERE
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jul 31, 2011 6:59 am

What can u play that in? Is it a hack or a game that works on it's own? I cant open it , thats why i ask. If it IS good enough, i'll help officially lol
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jul 31, 2011 5:12 pm

It runs on its own, yeah. I'm making it from scratch with Game Maker, and the reason I need you guys is because it's possible I made mistakes (typos or whatever) when I was entering the base stats, and the task of checking their accuracy is too much for one person. And it's an .exe (primarily a Windows format) so if you're running a Mac it may not work. Are you on a Mac?
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jul 31, 2011 5:24 pm

No im on windows 7. o.o
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jul 31, 2011 5:28 pm

Weird... Does it give you an error message? If so, what does it say? (Screenshot preferred.)
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jul 31, 2011 7:04 pm

News!
Okay, I was struck by brilliant inspiration earlier (Pride was there to see it). I decided that my region will be shaped like a spiral. You start at the outside end and travel on towards the middle. The cities and towns get bigger and busier as you travel towards the center, and at the very heart of the spiral is the Pokemon League. And I decided on a name, too: Pokemon Spiral! If you want to work on a map of the region go right ahead- there's a good chance I'll use it in the game.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Aug 01, 2011 7:40 am

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img850/6906/53596128.png

Theres the screenshot. Also, i can help., yeah.
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Aug 01, 2011 11:58 pm

I can help also nice map idea too.

Anyways the problem is Pride, that Q uploaded it as a .gmk not .exe. Gmk is the fornat for editing not playing, he shoulda loaded the .exe.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Aug 02, 2011 5:32 am

CRAP I uploaded the .gmk! Okay, I'll fix it now.

Edit~ Fixed! Now it'll work. Also, please don't hand out that .gmk file- work theft and whatnot, you know. You can keep it for reference if you ever get into game making and you decide to make a Pokemon game, but it would be best to just delete it if you ever downloaded it in the first place.

Second edit~ XD I think we know what Pride's next character will look like:
Spoiler:
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Aug 02, 2011 1:16 pm

Downloading now. also, I changed my mind, was gonna choose that guy for Wallace Stone lol

Edit: It's not a game, is it? It has only pokemon....

EDIT2: My FIRST try at this kind of map lol. I just couldn;t do the trees around it, i'll try find solution:

Spoiler:
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 03, 2011 12:08 am

Pride you should use mapping software to map not Paint/Photoshop and youll findmapping much easier.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 03, 2011 5:46 am

Yeah, Pride, the point of the "game" I've uploaded is for people to check if I've gotten all of Base Stats for each Pokemon correctly. You can start at #101 (Electrode) and go from there. Also, I might be able to use that map in the game, but there seems to be something wrong with it- you see, what kind of town has a gym but only two houses? Also, it seems kind of small... And any suggestions as to what those other two buildings are? And Darknesslord is right- mapping software is better to use in general.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 03, 2011 7:01 am

I'd like to be able to test the game once we've agreed on the gym leaders. It would be good to test out against them. We'll just have to discuss their moves in PM's Quibbloboy. Also, you should get someone to write an Official Guidebook to Pokemon Spiral Version.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next