HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 03, 2011 8:50 am

Derek has an idea there. With the mapping, you wouldnt need mapping software as Game Maker mapping tool would be suffice. Just make each tile a seperate object (as tempting as it is dont make trees a single object)
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 03, 2011 2:04 pm

We can create the E4, trainers and other stuff after we finish the maps and stuff. I have a list of suggestions for trainers, rivals, blah blah blahh im excited!! :D

looking for mapping software..

EDIT: cudnt find a map maker, only map editors! D:

Suggestions-

Rename. We can let the game's name be Pokemon Spiral, but keep the region's name different, maybe a combination of words, or something in another language. I'll make some badges and submit gym leaders to be checked upon.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Oh Pride, Quibbloboy agreed to let me assist in storyline planning and gym leader stuff. Sadly enough I came up with an entire Pokemon League yesterday. And a set of Team Supernova, and their 8 leaders. Yes, I went there with good reason. If Quibbloboy wishes he can post here what I sent him.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Whole league?! -.-
What about the E4?

Can I AT LEAST create few minor rivals?

Also, can u type what type you used to the gym? My be I can make some badges. I heard theres a way in paint.

Heres a guy a made to be a gym leader, but obviously, since u made them, no longer in slot: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 Spark

Maybe u can get some help designing the trainer sprites of ur leaders?
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 04, 2011 12:15 am

If you want to implement that lonely kid guy you suggested me I will implement him, byt remember most games only have 1 or 2 rivals.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 04, 2011 3:16 am

They don't have images. However, only one gym was based off of anything on this site. Drake Light and Alexis Light may serve as gym leaders in the same gym pending on how coding and scripting works.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 04, 2011 5:57 am

Pride, if you want to you can create as many NPC Trainers as you want (You know, just random people out along the road). Just write up a team for them, and give them a name, type (Pokefan, Young Boy, Bug Catcher, etc), the text for before battle, the text for losing and something to say when you talk to them on the OW after you've beaten them. And if Derek feels that that sprite can work with one of his Gym leaders or E4 members (which isn't an unreasonable request) then we can use it. Since you're sort of my graphics guy, I'd like to ask you to do some OW sprites for the player. Just three frames for up, three for down and three for the side (or, if you want to go above and beyond, a different one for the other side, too). (Frame one- first foot out
Frame two- neutral
Frame three- other foot out.)

Darknesslord, having a separate object for each tree would consume enormous amounts of RAM. No, what I was thinking of doing was just using town images he makes as backgrounds then placing invisible collision objects wherever there was a wall or whatever. Also I'd place an invisible object on top of doors, which take you to a room when they collide with the player. I could even just have one object for all doors, then make the player go to the right room depending on the X and Y coordinates of the door the player collided with.

Derek, I don't think I'll be revealing those things quite yet- even just to these guys, because nothing is totally final yet. There weren't even levels on the Gym Leader/E4 Pokemon (I haven't checked your other PMs yet). Also, I won't have the battle system up and running for quite some time-it could be months. (Or weeks if I work solely on that.) But at that time, I'll create a nice little engine where you can select which gym leader?E4 member you want to fight, choose your Pokemon and their levels and moves, then fight. Obviously this won't be part of the full game, but just a test (like the thing I've already made).
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 04, 2011 7:16 am

The levels are debatable due to the fact you end up fighting others along the way. Maybe some Spoilers could be revealed about Special "Characters" featured?
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 04, 2011 8:43 am

Didnt think of the RAM thing, yeah thatll work. For mapping I use Advance Map which is a ROM editor but ROMs arent hard to get an you can import ur own tilesets if you must. Collision objects is how Advance Map works too and I just discovered why.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 04, 2011 2:01 pm

You gotta release the info in pms quib, we're helping after all. That'll really help me design sprites and badges. Also saying, I;ve been designing the main characters. I made the female one. If she's ok, i'll proceed to make the OW and back sprites (also, first try).

I was thinking of this girl with natural black hair, dying the end of her hair yellow, and has a strict feeling for fashion.
Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 84322628
Please note I designed them to be elder than 10 years old :P

Got bored, made more; VS sprite and Back Sprite

Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 Fmt
^So you can copy it and get whatever color you want in the bg, do not add black, it'll spoil the borders of the sprite.

Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 Rendered
A rendered one with transparent bg for show off purposes, white border was a mistake, just focus on the quality of my trainer instead of the border :P

I will separate them ready for use once u reply with a positive response lol
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 05, 2011 1:36 am

@Derek I think that those characters are the ones we should be keeping the most secret. You can reveal the Gym Leaders/E4 genders/types, but names are still to be discussed between us.

@Pride That girl is a little bit messy- there are stray pixels all over it, the ponytail thing on the back of her head looks like weird highlights from the front, she doesn't have a nose or mouth in the close-up (which is the same shot where her arm looks like it's falling off). The outlines could use more definition as well.

A big thing we should discuss: Region name. Preferably two syllables, nothing from another TV show/book or anything, nothing that sounds too much like another region, etc. You guys suggest names, and I'll use one we all like.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 05, 2011 3:38 am

Pride wrote:
You gotta release the info in pms quib, we're helping after all. That'll really help me design sprites and badges. Also saying, I;ve been designing the main characters. I made the female one. If she's ok, i'll proceed to make the OW and back sprites (also, first try).

I was thinking of this girl with natural black hair, dying the end of her hair yellow, and has a strict feeling for fashion.
Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 84322628
Please note I designed them to be elder than 10 years old :P

Got bored, made more; VS sprite and Back Sprite

Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 Fmt
^So you can copy it and get whatever color you want in the bg, do not add black, it'll spoil the borders of the sprite.

Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 Rendered
A rendered one with transparent bg for show off purposes, white border was a mistake, just focus on the quality of my trainer instead of the border :P

I will separate them ready for use once u reply with a positive response lol

I like it. But yeah, it could be editted to be better....
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 05, 2011 4:07 am

(Sorry for Double-Posting)

Pokemon Spiral League

Zero - Normal Type

Mandy - Water Type

Allison - Poisin Type

Drake or Alexis - Electric Type

Mist - Ice Type

Mort - No Specified Type

Blainely and Candice - Fire and Psychic Type

Ivy - Grass Type

Elite Four

Steven

Raven

Mace

Tara

L
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 05, 2011 8:28 am

Make your self champ why dont you XD

Also ive never seen a dual typed Gym or a no specified type Gym.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 05, 2011 1:43 pm

please Derek, change the L name, its a character from another series. Also, we need to remodel Tara. Just a little different to avoid rip offs, it is most likely someone else's art anyway... And I would like to add a member to the E4 in place of one you have made, I want one similar or parallel to one of my characters..

The girl close up has a mouth, u do not notice it. I do not notice it much either, so i'll have it replaced along with a nose. Her arms, are not falling -.-
And i'll try fix the pixels.

Also Derek, we need images for your leaders, can't keep it blank can we?

And quiblo, my idea for the name: Pokemon Spiron

EDIT:
Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 Fmtp
Modified:
-Eyes of the vs sprite , turned brown like the others.
-Deleted pixels, a little more better there now.
-Modified Hair, not so messy now
-Added Nose and Mouth.

Also, my 'original' name for her: Sara ;)
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Um, no, I put your name somewhere else. So don't be so hasty as to do something like that just yet.

And of course the names are debatable*

Last edited by Derek on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 05, 2011 5:09 pm

You have two names followed there! D:

Also, is the character good? I will proceed to make the rival and male player too. The OW sprites.... I'll consider doing them soon, maybe for beta 3..
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat Aug 06, 2011 3:32 am

Yeah, about the names...
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat Aug 06, 2011 9:38 am

Theres also Misty(close to mist) and Ivy was the Proffessor for the Orange Islands.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat Aug 06, 2011 9:45 am

Quibbloboy is the character good? If she is, I will continue to make the male character, Rival, and a second rival. MY Idea for names.

I have suggested this to Qboy in PM:

"I also suggest the non-land parts of the spiral to be considered water bodies. also, the region gets hotter as you move to the heart of it. In the center, the league can be a rather hot place, a volcanic area whereas the user will start in the end of the spiral where there is a snowy mountain. "

So here goes my Idea for the league:

1st Gym: Normal Type - Zero (Derek's Idea, yes)
2nd Gym: Steel Type - Steve
3rd Gym: Water Type - Shin
4th Gym: Ice Type -insert female ice type name here-
5th Gym: Ground Type - Lan
6th Gym: Rock Type - Don
7th Gym: Fire Type - Blaine/-insert female fire type name here-
8th Gym: Dragon Type (has 4 dragon pokemon and other random) - <?>

Elite 1: Electric Type - Spark
Elite 2: Dark Type - Dawn
Elite 3: Flying Type - Sora
Elite 4: Psychic Type - -?-

Champion: No Type - -?-

If we follow the gets hotter as you move in ^

If you follow gets colder as you go in:

1st Gym: Normal Type - Zero (Derek's Idea, yes)
2nd Gym: Rock Type - Don
3rd Gym: Ground Type - Lan
4th Gym Badge - Fire Type - Blaine/-insert female fire type name here-
5th Gym: Water Type - Shin
6th Gym: Steel Type - Steve
7th Gym: Ice Type - -insert female ice type name here-
8th Gym: Dragon Type (has 4 dragon pokemon and other random) - -?-

Elite 1: Electric Type - Spark
Elite 2: Dark Type - Dawn
Elite 3: Flying Type - Sora
Elite 4: Psychic Type - -?-

Champion: No Type - -?-

Our next debate will be wild pokemon and city/town/place maps. Region map will be next, and after that, our OW sprites of the main trainers and rival trainers blah blah blah.
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat Aug 06, 2011 9:52 am

Blaine is too similar to Blainie, the fire typ leader of Kanto
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat Aug 06, 2011 9:54 am

We can change the names. Just make sure they sound like a trainer of their type.
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat Aug 06, 2011 10:29 am

I like the idea and the front and back sprite look great. Just the VS sprite the surroundings of the eye i too white, I would suggest making it the lighter skin tone, and highlighting the ends of her sleeves with black.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Aug 07, 2011 5:37 am

It would be hard to stay consistent with the temperature change thing, and it would have to be a central theme of the storyline to not seem out-of-left-field- and unfamiliarity drives people away. Maybe if we make a series of Pokemon games we could do something with the temperature in one of them, but I don't think that would be ideal with this game.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSun Aug 07, 2011 6:05 am

Fine, let's move on to starters and native pokemon (includes legendary). PS, check the modified female trainer now please.

First of all, SPINDA. The pokemon should be common in this region, no doubt.

Starters: We can either offer a whole list of them or other pokemon who has 3 stages of evolution with dream world abilities and stuff to be unique. Like:
Pidgey/Starly/Pidove
Ralts
Shinx

Ofvourse, we have to follow the grass/fire/water's pricipal as well.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)   Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper) - Page 3 H6Q0F8z

Pokemon Spiral (Prev. Bronze/Brass/Copper)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next