HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cherry on the Beach

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Cherry on the Beach Empty
PostSubject: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zMon Feb 03, 2014 7:25 am

The sound of the beach was something that the young woman hadn’t heard for a long while. Micro-climates dominated where she lived, the winter season bringing with it heavy rain and howling winds. The feel of fresh heat, a cool breeze that rustled messy, platinum hair and the salty tang of the nearby ocean… It was relaxing to wake up to, until Alice Hope realised that it was also entirely wrong.

She bolted up, heart pounding madly in her ears, both of which were pierced with half-sun bronzeish pieces, both of which complimented her outfit. Instead of pyjamas, her small form was adorned in a backless and strapless cropped blouse, simple and cream in colour, matched with denim shorts that bore floral stitches. Her feet were bare on the grass around her, a pair of brown ballet flats resting beside an abandoned dark-straw tote bag.

The twenty year old was panicking, which made complete sense given the situation. This wasn’t her flat, nor was it anything like England at the beginning of February. Slowly, body aching in protest, the blue-eyed female got to her feet, brushing sand from her face. The area around her was empty now, although looking around again, there was a new addition to this increasingly bizarre scene.

Beside the bag and the shoes, a small pink hippo stared at her, open mouthed and wide-eyed. His tail thumped repeatedly, like a dog or a cat’s might, but Slowpoke seemed cheerful indeed, if not blank as heck. Alice stared back, and then, the silence broke.

“Slow… Poke…”

On the verge of a breakdown, the rookie trainer gawked for a bit longer before turning her nearly-bare back on the creature, manicured nails brushing through her long, soft locks. “Well, that’s it. I’ve cracked. Padded white room, then, yeah? For the love of Arceus and however many other Pokemon exist. Bloody hell…” She rambled, to herself, another sign of insanity just slipping on by. She paced, groaning in despair. This had to be a dream, had to be. A good dream, a very realistic and worrying dream, but a fantasy nonetheless.

And yet, no matter how long she lingered there, this illusion didn’t appear to be going anywhere. “Well, that’ll be a few classes missed then. Third year, too. Sucks to be me…”

Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zTue Feb 04, 2014 1:44 am

"Rambling to yourself like that," a voice called from behind Alice, "and I'd say you were crazy. Unfortunately for me, there's no padded white rooms around here. And as of now about, well, seven hundred and eighteen known, give or take the few thousand probably lurking around. They bloody find hundreds of new ones every year or so, Arceus knows why we keep doubting there'll be more."

The source of the voice was a tall black haired teen, leaning against a nearby palm. He was wearing black from head to toe, and if he had not started speaking, he would be easily missed, as he was with Alice's initial sweep of her surroundings. His paler complexion was enough to force him to maintain his position close by in the shelter of the tree's shadows, but his deep green eyes flashed up toward Alice as a crooked smile crossed his face. "And I guess this could be your dream, I am, after all, the embodiment of beauty that exists in it," an aura of cocky confidence radiated off of him as he continued to observe Alice with slight amusement. "Nice Slowpoke, by the way," he said, "wouldn't leave your side while you were passed out there. Now that's what I call commitment."
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zTue Feb 04, 2014 2:01 am

Alice's jaw dropped, and she spun round to spot the boy that started replying to her little outburst. Her cheeks reddened from embarrassment, and at the mention of the Pokemon, she looked down at the Slowpoke, who was still staring at her in cheerful fixation.

"He... It isn't mine. I don't have any Pokemon. Pokemon aren't real." She added after a moment of correction, shaking her head. She wished they were. Slowpoke would be her first choice for a starter. The arrogant stranger was handsome, she supposed, and she liked taller guys, although being taller than her wasn't exactly hard, "Where is this place, anyway? Who are you?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zTue Feb 04, 2014 2:33 am

"Well, according to you, I'm the great Sir Doesn't Exist, and this," he fished a Pokeball from his pocket, expanded it in his hand and tossed it into the air, allowing a Seviper to appear from the surreal red light that the ball emitted, "is McMakebelieve. Pleased to meet you." The Pokemon looked to his trainer before cocking his head to the side and observing Alice and her Slowpoke. Rolling his eyes, he curled into a spring-like ball, flicked his pointed tail and and turned his nose up.

"Pardon the little guy," the trainer said, "he's a cheeky bastard, and isn't easily impressed." Sweeping his hand out in a flourish, he gestured to their surroundings. "This, my friend, is the great Kinnow Island, off the coast of Kanto. Well, it'd be great if it weren't just a hunk of rocky beach, but I like to use my imagination sometimes, like you imagining that a stunning creature such of myself couldn't possibly be real. Don't worry, it happens all the time."

Last edited by Kāptain Ava on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zTue Feb 04, 2014 2:50 am

Slowpoke finally turned his attention from Alice, acknowledging Seviper with the same blankness as it turned its nose up and folded its coils round. The trainer herself was in awe of the great thing, but also wary. It was poisonous and could be aggressive. "Kinnow Island... Oh, the Orange Archipelago." She noted, looking up at the boy, "Well, you might be alright, but that's of no use to me if you're about twelve." She taunted, wondering if he'd come back with his age or not. He probably didn't even realise that she might just be an older woman, "Anyway, you don't understand... Where I come from, Pokemon are just pretend. Stories. They don't exist. And where I live it's winter, and rains a lot. It doesn't make sense that I'm actually here!"

The usually cheerful female both sounded and looked distraught, afraid for herself. There was no better explanation than the fact that this all had to be a delusion, in her head. Otherwise... What was Alice supposed to do?
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zTue Feb 04, 2014 3:04 am

"Now that's a thinker," the trainer replied, and a lighthearted chuckle burst from his mouth at the jab at his age, "I may not be tall, but that's just an insult, my friend. I'm a perfectly legal adult if you must know, and if I'm twelve, then you must be seven. I am, after all, nineteen in all of its glory." He didn't seem to realize that Alice was, in fact, older than he. He was one to talk, for he pegged her younger because of her own height.

"Pretend?" he asked, somewhat fascinated, "first someone taking a snooze in the middle of an island, and now I learn that said someone doesn't even believe in Pokemon. My, what a day. It's far from winter here, and will always be," he said, "and what, pray tell, is standing next to you," he gestured toward the merry Slowpoke staying by Alice's side, "is that? If it's all your imagination, then I couldn't possibly see it, unless I'm a figment of your imagination too. Wouldn't that be just a tragedy to the world, but not to you," he winked with another cocky smile.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zTue Feb 04, 2014 3:14 am

"I like older guys, and I'm twenty." Alice replied. He was taller than her, though, and good looking, so maybe she could let him off. He even spoke well and seemed capable of banter. She just wished her imagination hadn't punished her with the poison type and lower age bracket. Oh, well. "It would make sense, you might be. But if I'd made you up, you'd be older..." She looked to the Slowpoke again, and he returned it. "I don't know. I just. I don't know. And I didn't take a nap here! I wasn't here when I fell asleep! I was at home, in my bed, in my jammies! And I'm not making any of it up!"

She was exasperated, beginning to pace again with folded arms close to her painfully average chest. "Whoever owns the Slowpoke left the bag, too." Alice paused, "I wasn't even wearing these when I fell asleep..." The bag matched, though: a dark brown with a fake, darkened sunflower pinned to it. "I just... I don't know what's going on right now, okay? I-- And... What's your name, anyway?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zThu Feb 06, 2014 2:07 am

"The name's Landon, nothing too special about it. And this," he gestured toward his grumpy Seviper, which in turn averted his eyes and acted as if his trainer hadn't acknowledged him, "Is Sev. I'm not too creative with the whole name thing." He slowly strode toward her, avoiding the sunlight filtering from above as best he could, and reached his hand toward her.

Cocking his head to the side with a lopsided grin, his gaze flashed down toward Alice as he still just inches away. "Do you want me to pinch you?" he asked, "from what I'm aware of, no imaginary figure can touch its creators. Maybe it'll be a shock to us both if you don't feel it," he chuckled, then rolled his eyes, "or maybe you'll pop out of existence when I do, and I woke you up from this spectacular dream. In that case, since it seems I've forgotten my manners, what's your name? It'd be a shame to forget the girl that appeared from nowhere. Or, what region was it again, Eenglend, or something like that."
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zThu Feb 06, 2014 2:19 am

Landon. Alice's lips quirked a bit at the name. How funny. She really was mental, wasn't she? Or, if England had been the fake place, then it would make sense, maybe. "No, it's okay. If I wake up, I wake up. But I've always wanted my own Pokemon and adventure and things, so let's run with it for now." She laughed shyly, taking his hand in a firm shake, "My name's Alice Hope. At least I'm not all alone here." The short female continued, releasing his hand again, "I don't really do too well with heat, though... But if this is an empty island, how do we get off? Or-- maybe we should explore. I don't really know what to do." The new trainer pouted, "There could be wild Pokemon here, or something. Although, I don't know if there's anything to catch them with..."

She passed him, going to unzip the tote bag. Inside there was a purse containing plenty of unknown currency, a pink and lime green Pokedex and a C-Gear with a matching, faintly protective case. There were, indeed, some Poke Balls to catch with, along with an empty badge case. "Well, it looks like I'm equpped after all. If this is mine. So, maybe...? What d'you think I should do?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zFri Feb 07, 2014 2:00 am

"Alice, huh," Landon said, trailing off and not finishing his thought out loud. He pulled his hand back toward him and retreated several steps to give Alice some space, but looked up in time to see her bottom lip curl out in a pout as she seemed to become overwhelmed with the world. This made him smile a little, it felt good to have some excitement on such a droll of an island.

"Well," he started, scanning their surroundings, "considering its your first experience as a trainer, and how you don't believe any of this is real anyway, it's still such a shame," he turned and strode away from Alice, toward the coast, looking over his shoulder with a glint of an unknown emotion in his eyes, "let's go find you a wild Pokemon. I'm sure your first battle is going to be thrilling, to say the least."
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zFri Feb 07, 2014 3:31 am

Alice nodded, glancing to the Slowpoke beside her as she hooked the bag over her shoulder. It repeated its name in a comforting drawl, and she reached out hesitantly to pet him. "Slow!" He called cheerily, seeming especially pleased with a good scratch behind the ears. Finally, she was able to smile herself.

"Okay, a Pokemon battle." The young woman repeated, getting up to follow Landon down the beach. Her Pokemon tottered behind her. They both seemed like 'my-pace' people. "Oh! I use the Pokedex to find out his moves, don't I?" She added, fishing it from her belongings as they searched for an opponent, fiddling with the buttons until it began listing Slowpoke's moves and entry in an electronic voice. "Cool." She remarked, aiming it at Sev next to register him as well.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zSat Feb 08, 2014 7:54 pm

Constant polishing makes the edge of the blade on its tail extremely sharp. It’s Zangoose’s archrival. The PokeDex said in an electronic voice as it stored the information of Sev into its immense collection of data.

The snake Pokemon didn't seem to thrilled about this, and let out a hiss of annoyance, curling himself into a tighter ball than before and flicking his forked tongue in and out with distaste. His pointed and sharp tail also flicked back and forth as he eyed Alice and Slowpoke reproachfully. Landon simply sighed and rolled his eyes at his companion and scanned the area, searching for a suitable Pokemon for Alice to battle. Taking sight of something in the distance, he whistled to catch the other trainer's attention and pointed toward the silhouette.

To a trained eye, the Pokemon's shape could be made out in the shape of a star, giving no doubt as to what it was. Though somewhat of a distance away, a slight red gleam reflecting the sunlight gave further clues. The Pokemon had no idea that it was spotted, and could be taken by surprise from a challenger such as Alice.

Staryu, Genderless, Level 7

"How about that," Landon suggested, "seems like a Pokemon that could put up a fight, but surely nothing you two couldn't handle," he was confident in the strange girl's abilities, and the thought of watching her first battle seemed to be amusing to him. "Now this is going to be interesting," he observed out loud.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zSat Feb 08, 2014 8:28 pm

Alice watched Seviper with caution, making sure to stay at a distance from him. Landon might have been casual about it all, but she felt threatened. Hearing the whistle, the young woman made her approach, placing a hand above her eyes to help shield some of the sun. "Staryu," The Pokedex began this time, confirming her suspicions. She glanced down to her partner. "Okay, Slowpoke. Go in there and use Yawn and Tackle. Sneak up if you can, okay?"

The dual type nodded, ambling over to the creature to let out a great, tiring yawn in hopes of making his opponent drowsy, moving next to unleash a painful tackle on the Staryu. Of course, with his speed... Well, it was probably a good thing it took his species an extra eleven seconds to feel pain. They clearly had a speed disadvantage. Staryu could be quick, after all.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zSat Feb 08, 2014 9:41 pm

The unsuspecting starfish Pokemon was an easy target for Slowpoke, even slowed and groggy, the Pokemon wasn't braced or aware of the surprise attack. It shifted its body as it took in the effects of the yawn, and only managed to curiously turn toward Slowpoke as the pink Pokemon collided with it. Sent flailing back, Staryu landed with a thump onto its back before flipping up and standing on two spikes, facing Alice's Pokemon.

Knowing the effects of the Yawn would soon take place, the starfish's gem gleamed with energy before a torrent of water was sent hurtling toward Slowpoke, a Water Gun aimed at the slower foe. Staryu was attempting to get one attack in before it was overcome with exhaustion and sleep.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zSat Feb 08, 2014 9:52 pm

"Slowpoke, just brace the attack!" Alice called out. It was their best bet. For one thing, it wasn't going to be very effective anyway, and secondly, Staryu was too fast. The small hippo's jaw slackened, as if to drink some of the torrent in, although whether it just wasn't really thinking about it, that remained to be seen. "Then go in for another tackle! Tackle until it faints!"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zSun Feb 09, 2014 4:34 pm

After its successfully launched attack, the drowsiness overcame the star-like Pokemon, and it flopped onto the ground, asleep. Because of this, it was quite an easy target for Slowpoke's rather sluggish but continuous attacks. After the third tackle, the Pokemon was sent skittering back and hit a nearby rock, jutting out from the sand beneath it. With this, the Pokemon finally slowed in its breathing as it fainted. Slowpoke and Alice had won their first battle!

Slowpoke gained 7 exp!

"What a show," Landon said with a wry grin, walking toward Alice with Sev not following too far behind. "Great job, I wouldn't expect anything less from the people kept in my company, I sorta rub off on all of you, y'know. Congrats, anyway."
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zSun Feb 09, 2014 5:18 pm

Alice felt concerned for the Staryu, she had to admit, and ended up meeting her proud Slowpoke halfway. She crouched down to pet his soft fur, manicured nails scratching behind the crooning Pokemon's ears. "You know, it devalues the win and feeling of everything when you take credit. That had nothing to do with you." She replied back a little coldly before passing to the fainted Staryu. She cautiously and carefully picked it up to move it into the water, hoping that would recover the Pokemon faster. "But thank you, anyway."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zWed Feb 12, 2014 12:29 am

"I'm sorry," Landon said, actually sounding sincere for once, "I get a little condescending when I'm happy for others. I call it low self esteem," he breathed in then back out, as if trying to get back into his usual character, "it was still a great battle." Reaching into his backpack, he picked out a gleaming yellow object that almost looked like a shard of some weird stone. Tossing it lightly toward Alice, he motioned toward the Staryu. "Mine as well let it wake up early and get out of here, that Revive should do the trick."
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zWed Feb 12, 2014 2:32 am

Alice frowned at Landon's explanation, her heart sinking. That was something she could relate with entirely. "Hey, I'm sorry, too. I know how that feels." She smiled sympathetically, but doubted that he wanted her pity. Instead, she thanked him for the Revive and used it on the Staryu, which she propped up carefully in the palm of a hand. "I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me for that. You're the second Pokemon I've ever met, so I won't forget you. Or hold it against you if you try to stab me in the back." She laughed lightly and apologetically, setting it down one the medicine had run off, tucking the empty object away to bin later.

Standing back and out of the way, she added, "If this place is so empty and boring, what're you even doing here? Were you training?" The rookie asked, beginning to wander further down the shoreline.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zFri Feb 14, 2014 2:39 am

The Staryu seemed to hear Alice's words, but didn't react to them. Instead, it bunched into a small ball and pushed up off the ground and dove into the nearby water, quickly disappearing into the darkened waves beneath.

"Actually," Landon replied with a slight grimace, "I was visiting my cousin. Apparently he had needed a favor and none of my other family wanted to oblige, so," he sighed, "I was the only one there. It's taken care of now though," his dour expression turned light once more, "he's the kinda guy everyone just loves to hate, a real problem child. You can't pick your family, but you can pick to ignore them, if only I weren't such a nice person," he chuckled, "I'm about done with Kinnow, though, not sure where I'll head next. What about you, oh so mysterious dream, what do you plan on doing now that you're in the world of Pokemon?"
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zFri Feb 14, 2014 2:47 am

Alice related to everything that Landon said, so much that it hurt. Her parents caused her so much stress, and it was harder when she had spent so long burying her feelings and insecurities. It was to the point that she barely remembered her childhood, and Alice instinctively dared not to look back. "I get that, too. I'm lucky I ran into you, then. You must be really lovely." She sympathised with a smile as Slowpoke brushed around her legs, like a Meowth in slow motion.

"I don't know. It's funny. I spent so long of my life wishing I could have my own Pokemon and be here, and now that I am... All I can think about is that I need to find out what's happened and go home." Alice continued sheepishly, shrugging, "But-- getting badges, ribbons, Pokemon, the whole journey thing. If I have to stay, and it's okay with-- whoever, I suppose-- that's what I want to do. And I love the Orange Archipelago the most out of all the regions! So, maybe I could start here..."

She felt so lacking in confidence, so unsure. It was unlike Alice's usual demeanor and so scared, but what else was there to do? At least she wasn't all alone, or not yet, anyway.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zSun Feb 16, 2014 7:49 pm

"Lovely, huh," Landon pondered, "I guess that's one way to say it." His gaze cast downward toward the merry Slowpoke waving its tail slowly back and forth in a show of happiness and affection, "man, I wish Sev would be more like that toward me," he said jokingly, making his Seviper roll its eyes and hiss, tasting the air rapidly with its forked tongue before intertwining with its trainer's leg and squeezing slightly. This made Landon force out a quick and startled cough before pushing all of his weight into the other leg and shaking the one the snake Pokemon was currently wrapping. "You know I hate when you do that, it makes my leg fall asleep," he laughed toward his Pokemon, that released its grip and fell back to the ground below, "he's such a jerk," he said it fondly, glancing down toward his now smiling Pokemon. Of course, a smiling Seviper was still a very creepy and menacing sight.

Listening to Alice's pondering, Landon gave a slight smile and pat her on the back. "There's no rush to decide right now," he said, "it's only your first day here, after all. Well, I do know you'd need to get off this hunk of rock to do any of those, so why don't we do that first? There's a ferry that can go from island to island, and it gets to the docks around this time, if we're lucky, we may just catch it, if that's what you want to do."
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zMon Feb 17, 2014 2:31 am

"Well, I think he is trying, to be fair." Alice noted, smiling at the Seviper. Its cheery expression certainly was menacing, but then, it wasn't really her kind of Pokemon anyway. Although, the patterns of a shiny were very pretty. "Yeah, okay. Let's go and get the boat.

"But you know," She added, scooping up her Slowpoke, who said its name as the new trainer ruffled its fur. Alice started walking briskly along, although her strides obviously weren't as great as most people's, "You're taking my situation really well... I can't tell if you're just playing along or really do believe me." Alice hoped for the latter. Anything else would just hurt after all that.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zMon Feb 17, 2014 5:56 am

The two walking along left a trail of footprints, crystallized sand rolling off the neat prints. Suddenly, a lump sifted a bit. Another twitch. An orange body emerged from beneath the sand with a frown on it's face. A sleek, weasel-like body and an inflatable float characterized the pokemon. It was a Buizel, until recently had been napping under the sand, but the trainer had trodden on it's tail, and it seemed noticeably annoyed at that. Looking around and spotting the trainer, it dropped down on all fours and scampered after it.

Cherry on the Beach 418f
Level 11
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8zMon Feb 17, 2014 6:00 am

The Slowpoke that was resting comfortably in his trainer's arms noticed the Buizel before Alice did, but his mind wasn't exactly the quickest. He was too relaxed with being petted as the duo headed for the pier, and when he was finally able to speak up, she didn't understand what he was getting at. He started flailing, and the adult groaned.

"Hey, quit it, Slowpoke, I'm gonna drop you! You're a heavy lump already!" She complained, forced to put him down. He dropped onto the sand, and that was when Alice noticed the Buizel, aiming her Pokedex at it with a smile. "Hey, a Buizel! -- He looks moody." He did, Slowpoke noted, and that was why he braced himself for a fight. Not all Pokemon were as docile as the Staryu had been.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cherry on the Beach   Cherry on the Beach H6Q0F8z

Cherry on the Beach
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next