HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokemon Stray

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zWed May 01, 2013 12:38 pm

Pokemon Stray Banner

Nearly a century has passed since the humans vanished from the regions of Hevalkin and Serapis. In the following decades, the Pokémon of these lands salvaged their lost technology and worked with what little they could understand in hopes of shaping new lifestyles and communities.

After a series of clan wars have passed, the chaotic Shadow Pokémon came into being, annihilating all that stood in their way. To make things worse, the dragon empire of Serapis sent their strikeforce to conquer the villages of Hevalkin in hopes of bringing about a new world order after a long time of neutrality.

For over eight years, this terrible war ravaged. Caught in the crossfire was a lone Absol, who was labeled an outcast and a curse to those she met. Willing to prove herself to those who wronged her and make peace with herself, she must locate and assassinate the formidable Shadow Alakazam, the apparent leader of the Shadow Pokémon.

Witness the carnage through the eyes of an Absol, and learn of its terrible secrets. This journey is not for the faint of heart. Prepare yourself, and...

Pokemon: Absol
Alignment: Good
Personality: Dark, gloomy; timid to the world; prefers the tranquility of lonesomeness
Description: A Pokémon who is shunned by all due to her symbolism in myths. She seeks the answers on where all the Shadow Pokémon have came from and the origin of their source. Other than that, little is known about her past.
Level: 57

Another quiet morning… why am I not surprised? I scoffed to myself. The self-induced sarcasm amused me. Why would I be surprised, knowing that this miserable world was stuck in the eye of peril for quite a while? Before me, the decrepit woods lied silently in their former glory; there was no sound except for the ones made by brown gnarled leaves blowing away. I gazed at the blackened morning sky, the sun's beauty corrupted by diabolical storm clouds. A bolt of lightning penetrated the darkness with a mild flash, followed by a tremendous explosion of thunder. Through the heavy wind, I listened carefully to my surroundings. Sadly, the woods offered me no assurance of life; no shrieks of terror in response to the thunder, no muttering in angst, not a single peep.

I had once lived a sheltered life at a village under Peacekeeper jurisdiction and I had no memory prior to that, and then I spent the rest of my few living years in the wild. Every ally I had known eventually came to betray me, some of them turning to the very creatures I hated to this day: the Shadow Pokémon. I spent my time now pursuing a particularly powerful Shadow, a mage known as Shadow Alakazam. I felt that his existence in this world was the main reason I lived this way now, for it was he who had fed the war paranoia by sending his legions of mindless and abominable monsters to ravage homes. Not only would I do the world a favor by defeating him, vengeance would be mine. This forest shouldn't even be so much a reminder to me, and yet this deep yearning inside me seemed to grow in size.

I inspected the area, expecting at least one creature to be around. In a grand forest such as this, I would have hoped to see one insect… The other thing I noticed something awry here was that I had yet to even see a body, but this rotting scent was fixed. When I turned to walk over to an empty path, I noticed something on the road. It was a sickly green object shaped like a crescent moon. By then, I realized this odor was being emitted from this thing. It held a rather thick but flaky texture, there were holes on the sides as if they designated where eyes were supposed to be, there were claw marks around it peeling off part of the skin and there was a big gaping hole in the middle. It was a Metapod. The hole held some thick, sludge-like fluids inside, suggesting to me that someone had plucked the poor thing off clear from its shell… and not too long ago too. I scratched the surface of it with my claws, finding that it was as hard as stone. "You must have been desperate to live," I whispered into thin air. "No one was here to move you to someplace safe and you were at the mercy of the one who did this to you… Sleep now." Feeling uncomfortable and disgusted, I left it behind and continued my serene walk across the forest.

The trees seemed to be getting darker with the leaves curling up more acutely as I traveled. I suspected that it was only a matter of time before everything, including the trees here, would dissolve away. What does it matter anyway? I thought to myself. It is inevitable for this place to be annihilated by disaster. After a disturbing trek, I finally found an exit to this place. I followed where dim rays of the sun were shining and came across another dead field. The grass itself was a sludge-like brown color and emanated a disgusting scent. Ugh#133; this place REEKS of death. I scanned the empty fields of brown plain, hoping to find some directive. Suddenly, I heard a moan from a distance. I walked over to the source and spotted an injured Pokémon: round body covered in vanilla-colored fur, sets of two hands and two feet, and a snout on its face that seemed to be out of place. A Mankey. I advanced in closely.

Absol: "Speak to me. What did this to you?"

I seemed to have startled him, judging by his light gasp.

Mankey: "R-run… away…"

He gestured his hand as if he didn't want me to come any closer. At a short inspection, I noticed that his open, bloody wounds were emitting some light dark fog.

Mankey: "T-they… came… neighbors… ran…"
Absol: "Who came? The Shadow Pokémon?"

The fallen primate struggled to nod his head.

Mankey: "Y-yes… but you must go… now!"
Absol: "I'm afraid I cannot do that. I'm not leaving you here to become one of them. I'm taking you elsewhere myself."
Mankey: "But… my h-h-home…"

He started to sob lightly but I paid little mind to it.

Absol: "Your home is destroyed. Get up."
Mankey: "No…"
Absol: "Get up or I will end your pain here."
Mankey: "No…! Leave me alone!"
Absol: "Not unless you let go of your worry. There is no one here besides the two of us, but I can guarantee you that moving away from here will save your life."
Mankey: "It's too late… leave me… go… before… AGH!"
Black smoke suddenly shot out of his wounds. A black aura devoured the warrior and raged like an inferno. Mankey's cries were agonizing to the ears and traumatizing to the heart. The area seemed to distort around me. In the depths of my mind, I could hear a child's scream synchronizing with his and then I found myself screaming as well. Damn it, make it stop… When the screaming did stop, he stood up and glared at me. His wounds just vanished and left behind visible scars. The creature cackled madly and grunted dully.

Mankey: "G-go… away!"

He zipped towards me and smashed his open hand against my ribs. I yelped out, but soon he prepared another Karate Chop with his other hand. I backed away quickly to dodge it, resulting in the Mankey sinking into a tantrum. Another innocent life consumed by the tainted darkness, I thought. He had his chance. I'll end his misery. I watched carefully as he circled me with his hands seemingly to be grasping nothing but air.

Mankey: "Y-you… must DIE!"

He swiped at me again, this time with his claws, but I blocked the attack with my horn. He flinched and screamed like a lunatic, holding out his bleeding hand. He roared at me, seething in pain.

Mankey: "I WILL KILL YOU!"
Absol: "Heh. You're making a big mistake, friend. I fought your kind countless times and frankly, I'm not impressed. A Shadow will not take my life easily. The corrupt darkness can only do so much to a demon like me. Sorry, but I say you have overstayed your welcome in this world."
Mankey: "T-tough t-talk… w-weakling…"

He shook his hand and splattered blood all over the ground.

Absol: "Hahaha… look at you. You can barely form a sentence. You've lost your mind."
Mankey: "Grah… GRAH!"
Absol: "I had enough of this. I live to see another day to see this war through, and today you are destined to be among the innocent casualties."

As his body was flinching erratically, I took the opportunity to attack. I slashed at his belly area, leaving a deep gash behind, and backed away quickly in anticipation of a counterattack. He just took the attack head on, and laughed insanely.

Absol: "What the hell is so damn funny?"
Mankey: "Hehehe… hahaha! T-that is a lur…lame excusssse of an at-tah-hah-ack!"

He trembled violently with a crazed look in his eyes, all bloodshot and twitchy. I was getting annoyed. Fine. That's enough screwing around.

Absol: "Not good enough for you, huh? You asked for it. Swords Dance."

I circled my neck around and concentrated stored energy into my horn, which began to expel a faint glow. A burning sensation reached through my head, and just like that I felt ready to deliver the finishing blow.

Mankey: "O-oh-ho-ho no you d-don't!"

He crossed his arms together and took speed towards me, babbling incoherently. I grinded my teeth and gave an assuring grin to my target. Then, I moved back as he diverged his arms in a cross-like pattern, hitting nothing but air.

Absol: "Begone!!!"

I showed him no mercy. I rammed straight into him and delivered a Megahorn attack, a clean hit straight through the gut. "Urgh…" He groaned and shook violently, his body feeling stiffer. I held my breath, suppressing the thought of letting him live… but I knew I couldn't. I then pulled the blade out from his body. He collapsed to the ground as his black blood poured out from the hole in his stomach…

Mankey: "AGGGGHH!!! OWAAAGH!!!"

Mankey's body flailed about as his dark aura grew in size. Slowly, his fingers turned into gray ash and flickered off his body. Slowly, his whole body was changing into pale gray and waned. His screams died out into a faint echo as the dark aura reached its climax, the ashes scattering about followed by a sound of an air rush. Finally, there was nothing but blood stains on the grass… the only proof of his existence. Farewell.

It was a pitiful moment. I should be rejoicing to be doing such a favor to cleanse the world, but the Mankey simply looked too young to face such an end. Many like him didn't deserve such a fate. The victims of this "Shadow Energy"… they were bound to madness and evil. When defeated as a Shadow Pokémon, they would reach the end of their existence. Their own darkness would tear away at their carcasses, leaving dust flowing in the wind.
Coffincauf
Coffincauf

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSat May 04, 2013 6:53 pm

Pokemon: Pichu
Personality: Fun loving and usually happy.However,if he finds anyone bad,he is scared.He is shy when meeting new people.His whole life was wandering the area.
Description: This Pichu wears a green ribbon around his ear.He is a coward most of the time.He has been hiding ever since his friends(Wooper,Magby,Smoochum,and Teddiursia) were taken in evil.
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator
Location : Definitely not in the cupboard... what i said not in the cupboard go away!

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSat May 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Pokemon: Emolga
Personality: Emolga is young, adventurous and fun-loving pokemon who can maintain a cool head in battle, using his environment to his advantage. Loves flying around because of the freedom it has.
Description: Wears a red neckerchief. Is extremely naive due to the fact he's only a toddler. Wants to make loads of friends. He's extremely hyperactive almost all of the time. He was raised by Braviary as his parents were captured when he was born, whilst saving him from the shadow pokemon.
Level: 5
youarereta98
youarereta98

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSat May 04, 2013 9:50 pm

Pokemon: Eevee

Alignment: Neutral (if i can)

Personality: usually refrains from showing his opinion to much. Likes to make friends but usually ends up by himself. Has no idea what which form he wants to evolve into, because of this he does not fit into any particular clan or group.

Description: Eevee was born with a black crescent on the white fluf of his fur. Tends to be slightly dirty as he walks for multiple days on end looking for a home. From him lack of opinion he is easily swayed to do things for people be it good or bad.

Level: 13

Last edited by youarereta98 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Card
Card

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSat May 04, 2013 11:15 pm

Pokemon: Zorua
Personality: A Zorua who loves to joke around and have fun. She is always up for a good joke, or to play a game. While she doesn't seem it, she is actually a strong Pokemon and fights to free her fellow Pokemon who have fallen prey to the Shadow Pokemon. Be careful not to make her serious in a fight, for when serious, this Zorua will show just how strong she really is.
Description: A Zorua with odd red eyes. The usual red fur on her paws and 'hair' are yellow instead, and she wears some sort of bracelet on her right front leg. It has some odd symbols engraved on them, as well as a picture of a Pokemon that cannot be identified. No one knows much about her past, as she never talks about it, and always changes the subject when asked.
Level: 57 (Zorua does not wish to evolve.)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSun Jun 09, 2013 4:02 pm

(Everyone accepted~ Oh wait, Coffincauf, could you please fill in your level. Then you shall be accepted~)

I trudged on slowly, almost buried under the harsh blizzard. The black clouds loomed overhead, dropping the darn chill upon me. As far as the eye could see, there were only blankets of snow slowly piling up. I sighed, my breath felt so warm… I knew I shouldn't have strayed so far from the mountains where I could easily make shelter. I was too hasty, and now I were to die for it. I began to dig in the snow, slowly creating a tiny burrow. My paws felt numb and frozen as I dug, but there were fates much worse. I had to survive. Eventually my little 'bed' was complete. I slowly moved myself in, being careful to not accidentally cave in; no, I could not simply allow that to happen. Painfully slow, I worked myself in, holding my breath. I exhaled, I made it with no misfortunes. I curled up inside shivering.

It was still cold, but at least I was safe, for now. I felt my breath upon my paws, so warm, I would soon lose this warmth within me when I obtain what I want. I sleepily shut my eyes, then quickly jerked awake. I couldn't fall asleep now, I needed to make sure I would survive this snowstorm. I forced my eyes open, but slowly they began to close again. I couldn't take the chance, I could take no chances. There was no such thing as luck, there was only misery. As hard as I tried to keep awake, I finally dozed off, left vulnerable to the cruel world; a world which had nothing for me. It was doomed from the very beginning.

I dreamed of a time of sunshine. The air was warm and lively with the cries of kits, and the glorious smells of food and the lush green forest surrounding us. My paradise was taken away from me. Faintly, I could see everyone's faces again. My tear froze against my face as the blizzard raged on. No joy in this world could ever last, pain and suffering were eternal.

A beautiful forest shined radiantly within the mountainous terrain. Flocks of bird Pokémon soared freely in the sea-colored sky, unbound of the evils of the earth. The sea calmly washed ashore of the endless strips of sand. The herds of Slowpoke made their way to the beach, doing their daily routine to fish for food by dipping their tail into the bay. The forest was teeming with grass and bug Pokémon. The local Vileplume bathed in the sunlight as did many other leaf-covered neighbors. The psychics meditated in the deepest and most tranquil areas, away from the sunlight. A herd of Ponyta galloped across the great plains outside of the forest. The young infant Pokémon hatched out of their uniquely-patterned vessels and the more mature ones had gone hunting with their parents to learn the basics of survival. Everything was perfect. Nothing had corrupted Mother Nature. The terrain: rich with wildlife, no signs of death. Fresh fruit literally flowed down the rivers, delivering food to the local Pokémon. Everyone was friendly, greeting each other as if they were lifelong friends. More impressively, even the largest and fearsome Pokémon: Tyranitar, Salamence, Gyarados, Rhyperior... they were so awfully calm. Such a peculiar place... could this be... paradise? No words could describe how gorgeous this world was.

The sky, in an instant, suddenly turned black. Soon, an atmosphere of madness took place. This dream world immediately shattered like ice; the Pokémon wildly attacked each other and fought to the death. The most violent ones that had survived later developed an ominous dark aura around their bodies. Rain started to pick up at a rapid pace and the combination of the presence of powerful gales fabricated a mighty hurricane. The trees were torn from the earth, the rivers flooded the barren grounds, lightning shot down towards the ground, the once-fresh grass was set ablaze... it had become an absolute hell. A cry pierced the air...

"Dad! Dad!" A small quadrupedal creature with white fur, black face and a black scythe-shaped horn tried to escape the chaos. "Dad!!!!" Out of nowhere, another Absol appeared before him in the ruins. "Dad?", the little Absol timidly asked. The larger Absol resembled a demon. His eyes glowed red, an aura surrounded his body, and he took an attacking stance and pointed his scythe at the young Absol. "NO!!! PLEASE!! DAD!! DAAAAAD!!!!!!" These words... they echoed in my head...

I woke up gasping for air. Another nightmare.

Strangely enough, it still felt like I was still in the nightmare. The sky was dark as usual, the wind blew with an eerie sound, the land remained lifeless. I didn't know how long I was out. As horrific as the dream was, it was the happiest dream I had after so long. This one dream's ending was not much different to where I was now. This world was indeed a nightmare after another. But this sudden display of paradise... what did it signify? I stood up and limped across the wind-blown plains. I could still feel my injuries from my previous engagement with the Shadow Mankey. What place must I be at now? Only fate could tell. I must follow my instincts and wipe out any Shadow Pokémon I could find. But wait... what's that in the sky?

A most unusual scene in the gray... an Aerodactyl carrying a Salamence? But from the looks of it, the two had been confronted in a vigorous battle. On a slightly closer inspection, there were great burn marks around their bodies. The Aerodactyl's wing seemed to had staggered as it had trouble flying. The Aerodactyl shrieked and it came crashing down towards the earth. I made a quick reaction and proceeded to evade. A sickening thud followed and shook the ground. The two monsters were gasping for air.

Absol: "Hmph, Blackclaws..."

I observed them as their heads turned towards me.

Aerodactyl: "Hahaha... I will never have expected something like you to appear here..."
Salamence: "Bad luck itssself sshows itsss faccccccccceeee..."

A rather unnecessary remark just before they were at death's forest... The Salamence's jaws were flooding with blood, making it spew out the warm red liquid with each hiss.

Absol: "And I will never have expected to see two injured Dragoons limping out of nowhere. Tell me, what has given you those injuries?"
Aerodactyl: "HAHAHA!!! We have devastated... *chokes*... the psi village. Their defenses have been broken down."
Salamence: "They got ussss good... but our brethren will avenge usssss!"

They engaged in gloating and weak laughter.

Absol: "Hmph, such impudent creatures. A foolish way to die."
Aerodactyl: "The Blackclaws shall have dominion over this world..."
Salamence: "You will never ssee peacce again..."

Suddenly, the Aerodactyl stopped moving. The crash must have shattered its bones. However, its comrade still held its gaze onto me.

Salamence: "You sshall die with the resst of usss!!!"

I knew what was coming...

*Absol dives away from the blast*
*Salamence shoots its Hyper Beam*

A loud explosion erupted and headed straight towards the old forest I was previously in. In a second, it was set ablaze as I would have expected to see coming. When the thundering echo seceded, I took notice of the Salamence. Its neck was limp and blood continued to flow from its mouth, though more steadily. It was over for the both of them. Lovely. Something ugly to look at after having a grotesque nightmare. Just brilliant! Hopefully, this day would end fast. But it wouldn't.... A snowflake dropped from the sky and I watched it touch the ground and melt away. Another floated down and melted as soon as it touched the barren ground. A snowstorm was coming. I could see it... and it would be rough...

Looks like there would not be more Dragoons coming too soon. In my journeys, I discovered that the mysterious lifeforce known as Shadow Energy could affect the atmosphere, altering the weather patterns. The Dragoons couldn't stand the cold due to being cold-blooded creatures themselves. This reason was part of their agenda to destroy Shadow Pokémon, but why did these power-obsessed fanatics went as far as wiping out homes of other Pokémon? I couldn't say for sure but it was nothing to worry about for now. My goal was simply to wipe out Shadow Pokémon, whether once good or evil.
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator
Location : Definitely not in the cupboard... what i said not in the cupboard go away!

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSun Jun 09, 2013 4:41 pm

Emolga, was sitting in a tree in the same forest sleeping among the safety of the branches. Or so, he thought being directly above Absol and the Dragon Pokemon. Falling from said tree when the Hyper Beam went past and landing on the hard ground beneath, Emolga was shaken awake as he looked around and began to cry. It had hurt falling from the tree and Emolga had taken the full force of the fall.
Card
Card

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSun Jun 09, 2013 7:48 pm

Zorua had been walking by, when she heard loud noises from nearby. She had heard the Aerodactyl's shriek, as well as the sound of a Hyper Beam attack being used. She immediately hopped over to see what was going on, and gagged at the sight. An Aerodactyl and Salamance lay limp and bleeding on the ground. Both pairs of eyes appeared dull and unseeing. Zorua tried not to stare at them for too long, and merely walked around them. When she had, she noticed that there was an Absol was standing nearby. She also noticed the snow coming steadily down.
"Um... Hi there."
The small Pokemon waved at the Absol, in hopes that it were friendly. Her ears, then picked up the sound of faint crying nearby. Whipping her head around for the source of the crying, Zorua found that it was an Emolga lying on the ground near a tree. Did it fall out of the tree or something? she thought, as she began to walk quietly up to it, the Absol temporarily forgotten.
Coffincauf
Coffincauf

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSun Jun 09, 2013 8:37 pm

(I guess I'll be level 5)
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSun Jun 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Emolga wouldn't stop crying and never even noticed Zorua approaching him. This was one of Emolga's down falls; if Zorua had been an enemy he'd have been done for. Thankfully though he wasn't and yet he continued to cry.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
youarereta98
youarereta98

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zWed Jun 12, 2013 6:12 am

(Oh man, sorry I completely forgot about this thread >.<)
Eevee heard the crying from a few yards away. Huh, might as well check it out. He quickly wiped away some dirt from above his right eye. He dashed in the direction that he heard the origin of the noise coming from. There in the forest stood a Zorua looking over a crying Emolga. He ran at the two Pokemon, sure that the Zorua was up to no good. "Hey! What are you doing?!" He shouted at the Trickster Pokemon.
Deus El Machina
Deus El Machina

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zWed Jun 12, 2013 7:21 am

Pokemon: Rotom
Personality: He's a jokester, but he is great at protecting those he cares about. Rotom can be serious at times, but he loves cheering people up.
Description: Rotom looks like the typical of his species, aside from the fact that his eyes and his electricity are more blue-green. He used to have a problem defending himself, something he corrected quickly. At one point, he absorbed a bunch of machinery, allowing him to switch between forms freely. 
Level: 59

Last edited by El Kabong on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pooch
Pooch

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zWed Jun 12, 2013 3:01 pm

Pokemon: Cubone
Personality: Likes being alone and likes using his head and bone in bad situations.
Description: A normal old Cubone with a shadow skull of his mother and one of her shadow bones he used as a weapon which was bent. This was because of his mother becoming a shadow pokemon.
Level: 27
Espeon
Espeon

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zFri Jun 14, 2013 9:10 am

Pokemon: Quilava
Alignment: Neutral
Personality: Is very quiet and doesn't speak much at all, but when he does he can be quite judgmental. Rarely ever shows emotion.
Description A black quilava who wears a white bandanna with a black star in the center.
Level: 32
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zFri Jun 14, 2013 3:36 pm

(Okay, Coffincauf accepted. Hold on, Da Bomba, how can you be Shadow and Shiny at the same time? And please don't overlevel. Make the maximum...60. Higher level people tend to godmod...>>)

It is snowing heavily. A tired Vulpix trudges through the blizzard. A single tear escapes her. It freezes against her cheek. Suddenly a dark shadow passes over her. She looks up with fear-filled eyes.
Shadow Gengar: You didn't think you could outrun me, did you? Certainly not in this storm.
Vulpix: P-please s-spare me.
Shadow Gengar: *Chuckles* Eh? What's that? I am having a very difficult time hearing you
Vulpix: ...
Shadow Gengar: See? You are too tired to even form a sentence properly. It's best that you join us *Laughs evilly*
Vulpix: I'd sooner die than join you!
Using the last of her strength, she broke out into a Quick Attack, tearing away through the dark trees looming omniously above. After about fifteen minutes, she collapses, her paws numb with cold, unable to proceed further. Shadow Gengar floats closer.
Shadow Gengar: Hahahahaha! An admirable effort to escape. But, clearly that is not enough, is it?
With that, Shadow Gengar unleashed a Shadow Fire.
Vulpix: Aargh!!!
The Shadow Fire leaves a huge gash on her side. Vulpix falls to her side. Black aura eminates from the gash and absorbs Vulpix. She opens her eyes once more, but this time, they glow sinister red and there was a menacing black aura around her.
Shadow Vulpix: *Gasps* What have you done to me? I feel strangely...rejuvenated.
Shadow Gengar: *Cackles madly* Well, well, so you have joined us and you like it?
Eevee's eyes fill with fear. A searing pain shoots through her mind and she heard Shadow Gengar say "You are under our Master's control now..". Then she blacked out.

Shadow Gengar"Kekekeke! ANOTHER portion of my next meal! Oh, yes, you will definitely do... for dessert..."

The creature charged at me with a crazed expression. I reacted quickly and ducked underneath the rocketing shadow. From there, I seized the opportunity and grabbed the fallen Eevee. Immediately, I took off and ran until I see a dark aura developing ahead. I stopped and set the Eevee behind the nearby bushes. I shifted into my battle stance and waited for the figure to materialize. Shadow Gengar stood there, cackling.

Shadow Gengar: "You can't run! This is MY territory! Those who cross my territory will be devoured!"
Absol: "Hmph. You talk big but you are a weakling. You won't dare take me head on."
Shadow Gengar: "Hohoho! I beg to differ. I have embraced the shadows and look! It has made me more powerful than you can ever imagine. You should fear me as the superior species."
Absol: "You wish. It will take more than fear to faze me."
Shadow Gengar: "Oh? But it will. I can peer into your heart and I can see your memories... you have become the symbol of death to all you meet, haven't you?"
Absol: "Shut up!"
Shadow Gengar: "Hahahahaha! You have destroyed the lives of many innocent creatures. Many have fallen before that horn of yours! Oh, yes! That horn will especially taste sweet! How polite of you to drench it in the blood of the innocent! That is how I like my meals..."

My fury had arisen, a demon took possession of my body. I felt absolute hatred towards the fiend.

*Absol charges at Shadow Gengar*
*Shadow Gengar moves aside, cackling wildly*
Absol: "RAAAAGHHH!!"
Shadow Gengar: "YES! Let the anger consume what is left of your frail heart! Let your bloodlust be set free!"
*Absol wildly slashes away at Gengar*
*Shadow Gengar defends itself using its claws*
Absol: "BEGONE!"
*Absol attacks with Megahorn*
*Shadow Gengar vanishes*

Huff... huff... did I get him?

Shadow Gengar: "Eeyahahaha!"
*A dark wave struck Absol*
Shadow Gengar: "So that is your father's signature attack! He must be very proud, using it to slay his own allies!"
Absol: "Why won't you SHUT UP?!!"
Shadow Gengar: "Tsk tsk tsk. That won't do. That potty mouth of yours will make your flesh quite gamy. Let me be the first to say, welcome to my barbecue!"
Absol: "Huh?"
Shadow Gengar: "I shall fry your insides! GO! Shadow Bolt!"
*A blast of blackened lightning hits Absol*
Absol: "AHHH!!! Urgh..."

My body... it wouldn't move...

Shadow Gengar: "Hahaha, you smell ni-iiice! It's too bad, you should have yielded to the force of Shadows. After all, your past has met the requirements for you to be one."

My body was too numb to respond. The combination of the shock and the cold left me immobile. My vision was failing me... my wrath could not save me...

Shadow Gengar: "HA! Now that you have been silenced, I shall revive your memories. I will like to see my prey scream before they die. I shall send you to a nightmare, where you will wander for all eternity!!!"

Suddenly, I could feel my memories slide right past me. The nightmare I had before was repeating itself. My home, blown away by the great storm... my comrades, clashing each other... my father, transforming into a monster... staring at me... with those glowing sinister eyes... no... no... NOOOOOO!!!!!

Shadow Gengar: "What's this?!"
*Absol blasts Shadow Gengar with Shadow Ball*

I felt... strangely rejuvenated...

Shadow Gengar: "But... how can this be? You shouldn't be able to move at all!"
Absol: "These are my memories. I will never forget what your kind has done to my life. I will never forget the face of my father on that day. You will regret hacking into my mind."
Shadow Gengar: "EEYAAA-HAHAHA!!! Is this a joke?! What can YOU do? You are just an empty shell consumed by vengeance, yet you refuse the shadows. You don't even remember what you have done to toss aside the anguish! Who are you to say that you remember what WE have done? You are WEAK!!! You shall fade into nothingness!"
Absol: "You forgot that I am born of darkness. Perhaps you are the weak one, putting his dependence on a corrupted form of darkness. You hide in the dark but cannot effectively control it. You fear it. Without that precious Shadow Energy, you have nothing on me."
Shadow Gengar: "Heh, you're persistent but it will take more than snappy banter to faze me. We shall see who is weak! I am at the top of the food chain now and I shall burn you alive! Shadow FIRE!!!"
*A burst of blue flames erupted from Shadow Gengar's hands*
*Absol runs around as the flames pursue him*
Absol: "Swords Dance!"
Shadow Gengar: "Run run before you are well done! Hahaha!"

I felt energy gathering into my horn. I continued to dart around the area, trying to store enough energy for the finishing blow. The snow-covered trees bursted into flames as the cyclone of the violet inferno circled the area. Next thing I know, I felt a sudden surge in my horn. It's ready.

Shadow Gengar: "You are starting to ANNOY me! Hold still so I can cook you, medium rare!"
Absol: "Guess again! Shadow Ball!"
*Shadow Ball hits Gengar and the blue flamethrower is canceled*
*Shadow Gengar staggers from the attack*
Absol: "This ends now! MEGAHORN!"
*The blow pierced through Shadow Gengar's body*
Shadow Gengar: "ARRRRGHHHH!!!"

A blood-curdling scream echoed across the bright forest. The fire on the burning trees died out, most likely due to the temperature drop. Hopefully, it was safe from harm (not in flames, thank the gods). I looked at Gengar and its body was fading away. The creature, however, still had the diabolical grin on its face, laughing.

Shadow Gengar: "Hee-hee-hee... your effort is futile. I have known you have it in you, killer. This is not over though. Not by a long shot... I foresee a tormenting future for you, a grizzly fate worthy of your being. Your beloved paradise is long gone and you will only find happiness in power."
Absol: "What do you mean?! What future?"
Shadow Gengar: "Fufufu... wouldn't you like to know?"

I stood there as Shadow Gengar's being was consumed by the dark mist and eventually, the demon vanished from existence or so it seemed.
Espeon
Espeon

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zFri Jun 14, 2013 4:51 pm

(Am I accepted?)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSat Jun 15, 2013 6:35 am

(Yes, Fubuki.)

A chilling silence fell upon the darkness. The gloom of emptiness overshadowed reality. A requiem, in the distance... cried out, uttering, "Eternity." My body felt strangely numb, yet I could move around. The widow known as melancholy wept, her tears overflowing the darkness. I could hear the echo of despair; the unbearable grief of the beloved, crying out for the fallen ones. I could... listen to the spirits, whispering. Reality was non-existent; only nothing in the void. A world of no bliss, and one could only find happiness by "being" in the world. But how could one "be" in nothingness?

I am... nothing. I am... emptiness. These strange thoughts were whispered into the twilight. My mind echoed it to me, "I am nothing. I am emptiness." These words cycled my head, effectively bringing the mind itself into depression. The requiem walked towards me, staring at me with eyes of indigo. Eyes representing... the meaning of life? But, what was the meaning of life? Why did I know this was what it symbolized? Melancholy, why must you shed a tear? For whom were you mourning? There's no one or nothing to weep for here. Why must you be sad? I looked at her fair eyes, still brimming with tears. She glanced at me, an eternal gloom in front of my face. Her beautiful lips released a sigh... whispering... repeating... breathing, "Life is wonderful."

Life... is wonderful? But how could life amount to anything, in this world? A world where only nothing could exist? She repeated over and over, "Life is wonderful." The requiem stood there, singing its eternal melody. What does life mean to me? Why is it wonderful? What does it mean, to "be"? These questions cycled my thoughts. It did not make any sense, what meaning could exist in eternity besides eternity? Was life meant to be? Was I, to be? Melancholy stood there, staring at me with a warm smile. Her complexion was beyond anything I could describe... it was so beautiful, a face representing all of the good deeds by "beings" and the light of eternity. Wait, how did I know all this? Eternity... wait. Her appearance, she was different! No longer did I feel emptiness, but... the warm embrace of light? Light... she was brimming with it, rays of it shining upon her already lucid body. I couldn't determine the appearance of the lady... it's beyond my reach. Requiem's feet suddenly lifted off the glass-like ground and moved towards the light. Had I just felt... happiness?
Espeon
Espeon

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSat Jun 15, 2013 7:01 am

Somewhere in the distance I sit alone. The mossy stone slab providing a perfect place to scan for danger. After thoroughly scoping the area I set out forward on my perilous journey. As I trudged forward I soon pick up the scent of another pokemon and immediately set my gaurd, unsure wether this pokemon is a shadow or not. But after patiently waiting for my assailant to attack, I begin to search for the pokemon my self.

What I find is not what I expected. There in the middle of a group of smoltering trees stands a lone Absol, the tip of it's horn caked in blood and judging by the tint it was a Shadows blood. Also the fact that the blood is still wet shows that this exicution was recent. I eye the larger creature that stands before me before moving in cautiously. "Who are you?" I question the Absol.
Gondohar
Gondohar

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSat Jun 15, 2013 7:08 am

Pokemon: Gallade
Personality: Good,Loyal, Protective, and hates shadow pokemon with all of his heart.
Description: A Gallade that wears a mask that cover his face except for his left eye. When he was young his parents and friends were turned into shadow pokemon and he started his hatred of them then.
Level: 39
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSat Jun 15, 2013 7:25 am

(Accepted~)

Absol: "Life is... wonderful. Huh? Where am I?"

Had I just said something? Why is it so cold in here and what is this place, I thought to myself. Wait, this familiar breeze... the place drenched in snow... the forest! I must have passed out from the poison. And there was a Lucario. I tried standing on my poisoned foot. Too painful.

But... something felt odd. I picked up a few interesting odors. I could feel life enchanting this forest, calling out for a gathering. It was difficult for me to identify these targets but one of them felt familiar yet vague; one figure, ladled with conflicting emotions. I sensed avarice and gluttony, but I also sensed guilt. As I tried looking deeper into this, I heard a distant crunching sound. A small figure was trudging from the opposite direction, its tiny feet making contact with the crackling snow. Could it be? Vulpix?

Vulpix turned her head towards me with a blank stare. No light in her eyes, only emptiness. How could I had missed this? Her body was now engulfed in Shadow Energy. Had my senses failed me? No matter. There was no turning back, she's now one of them.

Absol: "I don't want to have to come to this, but I have to put you out of your misery."
Shadow Vulpix: *giggles* "But will you be able to? After all, you will be slaying another innocent life."
Absol: *chuckles* "Doesn't look like I have much of a choice now, does it?"
Shadow Vulpix: "Hehehe... you are a killer. How cold is that?"
Absol: "Not as cold as your ruin will be when I'm finished with you, demon!"

Absol: "Say good night!"

I charged at Vulpix headfirst but she quickly moved out of the way. This one's fast...

Absol: "You will not escape that easily!"
Shadow Vulpix: "Heehee... who says I want to escape?"
*Absol attacks with Slash but it misses*
Absol: "You do realize you have no chance against me."
Shadow Vulpix: "Oh? But this is not what this is about. Can you live with yourself, knowing that you are a murderer?"
Absol: "I suppose I can, Gengar."
Shadow Vulpix: "Very clever mammal. How do you figure it was me?"
Absol: "Oh, the fact that you smell... really bad. There is no mistaking that smell of death, plus you talk too much."
Shadow Vulpix: "... ... ... HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME THAT WAY! I SHALL INCINERATE YOU!"

The Vulpix screamed with a distorted, menacing voice. The atmosphere felt as if imminent doom was approaching.

*Shadow Vulpix attacks with Shadow Fire. The attack hits Absol*
Absol: "Urgh..."
*Absol counterattacks with Slash*
Shadow Vulpix: "Pant... pant... you are a persistent one. Stopping my attack is a wonder. You should not be able to survive!"
Absol: "Maybe so but I am of the darkness. I can find you even if you penetrate my mind. This is a trait we Dark Pokémon share. There is a reason why we are known as ‘the Dark types.'"
Shadow Vulpix: "Hahaha... it seems I have misjudged you. You are a foe worthy of my glory! If it hasn't been for this body, the cold would have finished me off. Still, this does not change my view of you, as nothing more than a wandering murderer. You will make a powerful soldier under the master!"
Absol: "And my view of you still hasn't changed. I still see you as an unfunny, ugly, annoying, blathering monstrosity freak of nature!"
Shadow Vulpix: "..."

As if I had not expected what would come next. The Vulpix entered a berserk rage, wildly screaming and firing Shadow Balls in all directions. I took cover behind the trees. The battlefield started to shift; the air was filled with diamond dust since the energy blasts impacted the snow and caused the trees to fall down. Intense explosions overflowed the area, leaving this part of the forest in ruin. While Vulpix continued her relentless attack, I charged at her at full speed.

Absol: "Farewell!"
*Absol attacks Vulpix with Slash*
Shadow Vulpix: "Agh!"

The battle stopped.

Absol: "Your time has run out."
Shadow Vulpix: "Hahaha! You still haven't killed me yet! Finish me!"

Even though my purpose in life was to destroy the Shadow Pokémon, this was indeed difficult for me to bear. No, I must not be hesitant! Still... I felt lament, having to end this child's life. It's time... for you to die. As I prepared myself to land the final blow, the air had changed. Why's it so warm? The sun's coming out! But how? The snow around the area proceeded to melt as this newfound companion shined brightly in the sky. Suddenly, Vulpix let out a shriek.

Shadow Vulpix: "EEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAHHHH!!!!"

A monstrous shadow forced itself out of the tiny body. Smoke engulfed it as it struggled itself out.

Shadow: "RAAAAAAGGHHH!!! You haven't seen the last of me! I shall have my sweet vengeance!!"

The shadow quickly darted around the forest, vanishing into the shade of the trees. It was finally gone. I couldn't believe it, what the hell was that Gengar? How could it have survived the Megahorn?

I had forgotten how great the sun felt. How long had it been since I snuggled into its warmth? So wonderful... it almost reminded me of... home. But then, it also reminded me of the bad memories I had of home. The rays of the sun suddenly felt like ice. But what had ended the snowstorm and brought the sun here? And how? Lord Darkrai, is this a sign? Then, I heard a soft sound. Vulpix appeared to be coming to and she miraculously stood up. After all that, she stood up as if nothing had happened? She glanced at me, but quickly looked down at the ground. She seemed to be enjoying the sun's warmth, but her stare was unusually cold.

Absol: "You there? Are you yourself again?"
Vulpix: "... Yes."
Absol: "Good. You need to get out of here. It is dangerous for your folk to be out here."
Vulpix: "No... not until I find what I need."
Absol: "What is it that you seek?"
Vulpix: "That is none of your concern."

Her reactions puzzled me. Vulpixs were usually docile and friendly creatures, but why was she different? Perhaps... this world had affected her greatly as well...

Absol: "Look, this is not the right place for you to be at. Wandering alone, inexperienced in combat... you are susceptible to any crazy maniac waiting to jump out."
Vulpix: "What do you care? I only answer to me, not to some assassin."
Absol: "Hmph, touché. Go home. Go back to your parents, I am sure they are worried about you."

Suddenly, Vulpix let out a sharp cry. She turned away from me, looking flustered. Could it be...?

Absol: "I'm sorry. That is rude of me. I have not realized it...
Vulpix: "No... it's not your fault. I shouldn't have surprised you like that."
Absol: "Okay. Still, you need to leave now. You are heading straight to your own death if you continue to wander alone."
Vulpix: "No... I must get stronger. The Shadow Pokémon... I hate them."
Absol: "Hmm... I guess there is no stopping you. In that case, I am coming with you."
Vulpix: "Huh? Why?"
Absol: "What do you mean 'why?' I cannot leave a comrade behind."
Vulpix: "Com... rade?"
Absol: "Yes. Whether you like it or not, I am coming with you. See? I can be stubborn too."
Vulpix: "O... kay..."

It had been a long time since I had any company. Well, any company that was not set out to kill me. It felt great to communicate with a fellow creature in what somehow felt like eternity.

Vulpix: "Can I ask you something?"
Absol: "Sure."
Vulpix: "Why are you doing this?"
Absol: "The same reason as you. The Shadow Pokémon have taken everything I have, except my life."
Vulpix: "Don't you have a home?"
Absol: "Nope. Destroyed. I am just a wandering stray."
Vulpix: "Oh. Well, where should we go?"
Absol: "Wherever fate takes us. If a Shadow Pokèmon is there, I will be ready to slay it. In the meantime, you will go get what you are looking for. Deal?"
Vulpix: "Yes, but don't think I will be helping you out. I only help myself and you will help me until one of us dies."
Absol: "Fair enough. Let's go, but be careful. We are not alone."
Vulpix: "Pft, I can take care of myself."

This felt really strange; I was overjoyed to have someone to talk to yet my comrade seemed like that she did not want to talk at all. She was surprisingly stubborn, even cruel. She must had been hurt badly to break out of the norm behavior. I thought to myself, this might make my job easier. As long as a young prey remained with me, the ones who fell to the Shadows would be drawn to us like Rattatas to a berry patch. As cruel as it may sound, this would take me closer to my goal and investigate the phenomenon known as Shadow Energy... and destroy it. However, I felt that we would not be leaving this forsaken place that easily...

Absol: Huh...? I'm...

I turn to the Quilava. I had already found my place in this world and I know what I am. I am a warrior whose purpose is to aimlessly wander this devastated world, determined to annihilate the burdens set in this land. As these thoughts thrashed about in my head, I figured what concerned me the most were those Shadow Pokémon and this "Shadow Energy". Somehow... I felt so enraged whenever those things were in sight. I could feel them... I could feel their rage... their anger... the endless greed of a true monster. What piqued my curiosity was if it were the doings of mother nature... or something else. There were so many Shadow Pokémon in this world, each with burning hatred, bloodlust, and set with a disposition to obliterate all life. Had such hatred been hibernating within us for a long time, waiting to grasp the opportune moment? To me, this could not be a natural occurrence. And so, I dubbed myself a new purpose... to find such answers... to know the origin of these feelings of regret and malice. Since no one cared for me, I no longer cared for them. This was my own goal, not to save the world but to grant a purpose to my being. The dying could not find true peace as long as this war carried on and so I held no intention in dying. What if I truly lost my mind, to sink into their level? Regardless of what my past was, I should not betray my own intentions to burn away the darkness.
Espeon
Espeon

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSat Jun 15, 2013 7:48 am

The Absol turned to me only to remain silent. Now my patience was starting to wear thin. "Who are you?" I ask again, this time being much louder than before. As I wait for the pokemon to answer I think back to my previous encounters with strange pokemon in the woods. Not all of them were so pleasant and some infact even ended in a few of the scars that still mark my body. I shake the memories out of my head. No reason to be wary.....yet.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSat Jun 15, 2013 7:55 am

Time, such a fearful element. None can ever predict its nature, not even Lord Dialga himself, but he can bend it to his will. The river of time ebbs and flows without bounds and whatever follows, it cannot return. The stream follows a twisted path, symbolizing its instability and unpredictability. Torture! It is indeed pure torture, to be able to remember time but not change it; then follows the frustration that gathers as time passes, the very same frustration to be felt in hopelessness. How envious I am of Lord Dialga, for he holds no need to feel such a thing. What kind of "merciful" deity would abandon its own followers? Not only that, what happened to the other deities that we worship? The world burns away and the guardians that are set to defend peace have forsaken us! There is no god! We can drown ourselves in the vicious lies and this so-called "hope" for eternity but we will not be helped! The lies, the shrieks, the blood, the tears, the claws, the flesh...; no one is there to stop these from happening. Eternity has doomed us all to a grizzly extinction. Judgment, it is here...

The abyss devoured my body and I descended into a light-filled world. Making a painful landing on something hard, I stood up and gaze in despair. From where I was standing, the smoke was billowing across the brightened sky. Wind blew in gusts and lightning struck down to the never-ending darkness. The horizon was completely empty, appearing to be nothing more than a brown layer of fog. The ground felt so familiar, solid and dry like stone; it was a mountain formation. Unlike ordinary clouds, the smoke was moving across the sky like flowing water. I stared at the break of sunlight in the smoky clouds and from that moment on, an image flashed before me (the memory sealed away). Prospa... A voice was calling out... "Over here!" It's all coming back... I am dashing across the jungle with my best friends by my side; Gerta the Furret and Gimlen the Dunsparce. We... we are... we are looking for someplace. Is it... a cavern? "C'mon, Slowpokes! I know it's here somewhere!" That snarling voice sounded so familiar.

Far ahead of us stood a Poochyena, tapping his paw on the ground with impatience. That's... that's Fang! "I can smell it! That strange cavern!" exclaimed the young pup. The three of us stopped for a breather. "Fang..." I muttered. "This is forbidden territory! Don't you think we'll get in trouble for this?" He snickered in response, "That's a good one, bud! What's the harm? C'mon, don't be so scared, Orion."

Gerta responded in a high-pitched, but sassy, voice, "Don't be so mean, Fang! He's still the youngest. Leave him alone." The Poochyena snorted and scoffed, "Whatever." He sniffed around and faced a small muddy path. Maybe this leads to the cavern? "Something stinks about that place," he muttered. "It smells like... metal but I have not seen any steel Pokémon here..." Gimlen took a deep breath in order to gather up his response. He spoke in a slow and dull manner, "What does it look like from the inside?" Fang looked down and stated, "It's dark... and there are these markings on the walls... at the end, there is some strange pad on the ground. It has this freaky drawing on it."

This all sounded weird but at the same time, I was feeling scared. There was no telling on what could lie inside of the cave. Monsters? Demons? Before I could continue to ponder over the possibilities, Gerta sassed, "You're just trying to scare us. There is nothing bad in there." Then, Gimlen mumbled, "Uh, maybe we should turn back." The determined young Poochyena growled in disbelief, "Oh, c'mon! I've been inside myself. The place reeks but the drawings look cool! You have to see!" At that note, he took off. Gimlen pursued him through the muddy path. Gerta groaned in annoyance, stating, "Well, let's hurry before they leave us behind." She sped through the path herself and I follow closely. The tree branches repeatedly slapped my face, but I took notice of a rocky formation up ahead. The others were standing before a stout, oddly-shaped mound. "It's here. Can you smell it?" growled Fang. It looked small as if an Arbok buried through it. The very thought of encountering one made me shudder. "I don't know about this place," mumbled Gimlen. "It gives me the creeps." Fang engaged in howling laughter and responded, "Everything gives you the creeps, Gimlen! Look! There's nothing else in there. Count on me!" He moved through the opening and we followed him inside. Gerta whispered to me, "Be brave, Orion." The light died out and we sank into the murkiness...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I gasped back to the present. Gimlen...Fang...Gerta...

I twisted my body around to face the lake and sank into deep thought. That place... those Pokémon I was with... those strange symbolic creatures... were those all real? It can't be... but those three Pokémon... were they my friends? How could I have forgotten this? Have I lost so much of myself as I explored this world alone...?

I shook my head, trying to dispel my memories but one kept nagging me.

"But Rekkurai!! It's scary out there! I don't wanna learn how to hunt!" I whined miserably, as I was dragged along the ground, leaving six small lines where my claws dug into the dirt. As I blinked back tears, I cast my eyes towards the sky. It was terribly early in the morning, still dark, and a huge maelstrom was brewing. The air itself seemed taut with excitement. Rumbling thunder in the distance promised satisfying flashes soon, and looming, grey clouds rolled and tumbled across each other. Unfortunately, I couldn't enjoy it because I was being pulled through the grassland by my brother's sharp teeth.

Rekkurai's deeper voice was muffled through my black sword-shaped tail in his mouth. He was pulling me slowly towards the hunting grounds, grunting with effort. "C'mon, you need to learn how to do this. I won't always be here to hunt for you. You're growing up, and soon, you'll need to hunt for yourself. Show some courage, Orion."

I winced as I heard my name. Orion. It made absolutely no sense. I hated it. It was embarrassing. My brother had been blessed with one of the most honorable names a Pokémon could receive. He had been named after Lord Raikou himself. Rai. And all I got was a dumb name. What's next: a Feebas named "Legs"? I had asked Rekkurai constantly why our parents had given me such a weird name, as they had both been killed when I was too little to remember.

He always just said, "They gave you the right name. I'm sure of it."

To be honest, I didn't even remember what our parents looked like. When I asked what they were like, Rekkurai always brushed me off with the same "I don't want to talk about it" routine. It was frustrating, but perhaps no news was good news. Rekkurai released my tail as I stood up and followed him pessimistically.

"B-b-but...what if we don't find anything to eat? What if the storm scares them all away?"

"Don't worry Orion." Rekkurai replied distractedly.

As I stared at the clouded sky, it reminded me of yet another danger of the hunting grounds: Shadow Pokémon. They had been seen there recently. I didn't know much about them...all I knew was that they had devastating power and attacked without provocation.

"What if those shadowy monsters try to gobble us up?"

Rekkurai stopped and turned to face me, adding a gentle tone to his voice. "Stop worrying, Orion. I'll protect you. They won't even get near you. And if they do manage to harm you, I'll unleash a wrath upon them tenfold." Rekkurai's body bristled with sparks, and I could tell he meant what he said.

Rekkurai's strong resolve made me go silent. I wish I could be more like him. He was so strong and sure of himself...he had more bravery in his smile than I did in my whole gold-green body. And if he said he would protect me, I had nothing to worry about. I smiled as my fears were temporarily put to rest.

Rekkurai nodded, and led the way once again.

"Orion, focus," Rekkurai whispered. "Use the clues all around you. Your senses were made for hunting, learning the terrain. Listen to the signs in the land. They will hunt for you." My head was pounding; I didn't understand. How could the land hunt for me? It was just stupid rocks and grass! It was so confusing...

"Rekkurai...I don't think I can do this..."

Rekkurai glanced back at me and smiled. "Don't think. Feel. Use your senses." I grimaced, but relented. I squirmed my paws on the grassland habitually as I closed my eyes and sniffed at the cool, tense morning air. At first, I smelled nothing and I wanted to give up. But then, there was the slightest flicker of a scent to the east, and it seemed vaguely familiar, but I couldn't be sure. When I opened my eyes, I kept my nose in the air, trying to hold the scent as I headed east slowly. I stopped for a moment to glance back at Rekkurai. He was following in silence, giving no hints or indication that I was going the right or wrong way.

I growled angrily. What if this just turned out to be nothing and I was leading us around in circles? What a waste of time! And then, of course, expert hunter Rekkurai would swoop in and save us from starvation with his expert tracking and expert maneuvers. That's all he needs, another reason to make me look like an idiot.

I lifted my nose in the air once more. At first, I thought I was imagining it, but the smell was actually becoming stronger. I followed it slowly, turning as the scent changed directions. Eventually, it became so strong, I stopped, for I knew that we must be standing right in front of a Stantler. I looked around. No Stantler, but there was a fresh hoof-print directly below me. It was, in fact, headed east.

"Whoa! I did it! Look at-" I cried out, but I was silenced by a stern look and a paw clapped to my mouth. I gave an apologetic grin, but Rekkurai's expression remained grim.

"Something's wrong." He whispered, pausing for a moment. "We have to get out of here. Now!" Suddenly, he swiftly bolted into the thicket.

"Rekkurai, wait!" I whispered urgently, racing after him. "I can't keep up!" At first I thought this was just Rekkurai showing off his running prowess. He knew I couldn't keep up.

Then I heard Rekkurai's voice again. It was wild, panicking, and showed no signs of being just a simple game. "We're not alone! Orion, don't stop! Keep going as if your life depended on it!" My paws pounded into the ground as I dashed through the tall grass, following the bent tOrionls of grass left by my brother. I had never seen Rekkurai like this. What was happening? What were we running from? Rekkurai's face...it was more intense than ever. I will never forget that look on his face just before he ran.

The face of one who realizes they are in mortal danger.

"Rekkurai! What are we running from?" I called out quietly. "Re-" I stopped as a fierce growl echoed around me.

"...Rekkurai"

As I peeked through the last of the tall grass, a wide clearing met my gaze. Rekkurai was growling furiously ahead, taking up a defensive stance and glowing slightly with white-hot energy. However, he was looking left and right, as if unsure of where his opponent's exact position was. But I could smell it...a thin, musky scent usually accompanied by abandoned nests and burrows. It was the smell of a ghost Pokémon.

"Begone," he barked angrily, still gazing around restlessly.

"Well, you're a cute little puppy, aren't you?" A cool voice snickered. It sounded strange, as if the words themselves were looping and twirling throughout the air before entering our ears.

Rekkurai's growl went even deeper, if possible, and he cried out once more. "Show yourself, cowardly ghoul!"

The voice seemed to swirl and dance on the darkening atmosphere. "My, my, my...we are feisty, aren't we? Don't worry...I'll play with you..."

I gasped. Suddenly, Rekkurai was lifted into the air. His eyes grew wide with shock as a dark energy enveloped his body. He howled fiercely and struggled to free himself of the devastating assault, but it was no use. Chortling laughter echoed all around. His body sparked as his life force dwindled...I watched in horror, hidden in the tall grass. Immovable. Stricken with fright.

He screamed out, "ORION! HELP ME!!"

Silent. Still. Scared. He cried out in agony, pleading me to save him. "ORIOOOON!! PLEEEEASE!"

I remained silent, still, scared. I wanted to help, but I couldn't. The laughter continued, growing into a cruel cackle; it was the laugh of a madwoman. My legs...I was too afraid...summoning a last, forceful effort, he turned in mid-air and gazed down at my barely visible eyes in the grass.

"Orion..." he whispered, unable to finish his sentence as his body went limp.

I trembled. No...this couldn't be happening...it just couldn't...Rekkurai couldn't be dead...my brother...I wanted to escape this. I wanted to turn and run forever but my legs were still locked in place. I shivered in wild shock, and my throat suddenly went dry. I felt as if I were floating above my own body, watching, but unable to take control.

Suddenly, a pair of glowing, yellow eyes with crimson pupils apparated directly in front of mine. It was the ghost that had killed Rekkurai. It was a mauve creature with a large, sinister hat upon its head, and a flowing, otherworldly cloak. Upon its neck was a blood-red, beaded necklace that shimmered in the light. There was something...evil about its appearance. It was coated in the same dark aura that had killed Rekkurai, and yet, it didn't appear to be in any pain. Quite the opposite, in fact. It seemed to be enjoying itself.

The ghost peeled its lips back in a wide smile before whispering, "I'll give you a headstart, pipsqueak. Run."

I backed up slowly first, then faster, then faster, then I turned around and sprinted as fast as my fear-driven legs would take me. Run...run...run...it echoed in my head and crashed against my mind, choking it and corroding it with fear. I could hear the monster's voice off in the distance, taunting me...and it only drove to run faster.

"That's it! RUN, COWARD!! FLEE! SHOW NO COURAGE!!" She shrieked in delight.

I wept two tears. One for my brother...and one for myself... ...when faced with my brother's life...I just fled.

Absol: “O – Orion”

(As I said, she had forgotten her name~)

Last edited by Flamelunar on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Espeon
Espeon

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSat Jun 15, 2013 8:07 am

"Orion"I whisper to myself. After hearing this I stay quiet for a few seconds before retorting back."What are you doing Orion?".
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8zSat Jun 15, 2013 8:20 am

"Nothing." I simply answered. I didn't trust the strange Quilava. I gazed to the darkened sky as I slowly sifted through my memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was still standing on the field, terrified to the soul for nothing more than a feeling, an intuition.I felt throughout my whole body something terrible was going to happen soon. But what? I tried to look around, tried to see something in this dark place. Nothing. Or... it seemed as if there was some sort of star, shining from a distance. I decided to go there, seeing if it would give me some answer on what was about to happen. Coming closer, it appeared to be some kind of Pokemon... It was Mesprit! I remembered from the temple in our village. Most of our kind were worshippers of Uxie, knowledge itself, being the very source behind our power though some worship Mesprit. They claimed emotion was the real reason behind our existence, and that without emotion, life would have no purpose. There's truth in that.

I looked closer at the Pokémon. He seemed to look somewhere, as if something was happening but I couldn't see what, it's too dark. And suddenly he looked at me. It startled me because of his sudden knowledge of my presence. I decided to not move and I watched what he would do. He kept staring at me, right into my eyes, like if he's reading my very soul. He looked sad. He knew I was going to die. A tear formed itself in the corner of his eye, slowly flowing down from his cheek to his mouth. And he swallowed it. More tears formed. They were streaming faster and faster, but he swallowed them all. He didn't want them to fall off and touch the soil. The earth must not know he's crying. The tears kept streaming, he couldn't stay swallowing them all! And it happened. He grabbed himself by the neck, then punching his breast with one hand. He's choking. But the tears kept streaming and streaming and he kept swallowing them all. He fell down to the ground, trying to gasp for breath, but he could only gargle. And he lost consciousness. Was he dead? I went closer; the tears had stop flowing, he just lied on the ground. I tried to shake him a bit, but I didn't get any response, not one single movement. And suddenly movement... one last tear, a tear of blood... forming in the corner of his left-eye. It dropped on the soil.
Sponsored content

Pokemon Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Stray   Pokemon Stray H6Q0F8z

Pokemon Stray
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next