HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next
Pit
Pit

Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 8:53 pm

"Can't do that...But I'm not stopping you...Or anyone...You do what you want..." Shade's voice seemed rather emotionless towards them now, as if her brother was ll she cared about right now.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 9:00 pm

"Aaaggh!" she screamed, her hand uselessly touching the guard and having no effect. Sheer anger seared through her, and she put all of her might into a punch straight to the guard's temple. It would be a deadly blow if done with enough strength. Nev jumped onto another guard, and shocked them as well.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 9:03 pm

The third guard jumped from Nev, not in the mood to be shocked. "Well, restrain them you idiot," the guard yelled at Shade. The other guard, whose temple had been punched, flew back a bit from Evangeline's strength, effectively shutting the door on everyone as it locked. "Nice try Evangeline," the director said to her over an intercom. "But even you can't get passed a locked door, can you? And Shade, Shadow would be disappointed. I suppose I'll have to inject the sleeping boy now."
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 pm

"Fine..." Shade did as she was told, still seeming emotionless.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Evangeline growled as Shade restrained her, and ruffled her wings threateningly. "I guess you can't earn my trust after all," she hissed. "I would have helped you save your brother. Don't you get it? He's bluffing. If he kills your brother, he has no hold on you. He needs to keep your brother alive to make you obey, he won't kill him now."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 9:29 pm

"That's very true," the director said to Evangeline. "But if he never awakens, I suppose it would be better to have him killed anyway," he chuckled. "If you don't obey and keep her restrained Shade, I will inject him. You can be guaranteed that." He then handed the microphone to a guard. "Keep her in there," he said, his voice a bit quieter showing he was leaving. "I'm checking on the wolf to see if his machinery is attached."
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 9:33 pm

Shade did as told, continuing to restrain Evangeline. "You wouldn't understand..."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 9:42 pm

"You're right," Evangeline muttered, "I wouldn't. You know, I never had a family, they gave me to the scientists right when I was born. They didn't want me. I grew up almost alone, and I don't know the loving touch of a mother or the protective gaze of a father. Never had any siblings either. I guess I'm luckier than you, my family is a bunch cowards. Yours is just unlucky." Evangeline was wracking her brain trying to figure out how to get out of the situation, but every scenario was just as unlikely as the next. Guess I'll just have to rely on luck...

"The machinery is attached Director," the Administrator said over a radio. "You can observe the subject at once."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Dark looked at the administrator, a bit numb as he looked at him. "What happened," he asked him, holding his hand up with was covered with metal. "What did you do to my body?" He looked down, noticing his leg was covered with metal as well. "Did you meld armor to my bones or something. My leg feels heavy..."
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 9:49 pm

"I have to do what the director says...For my brother..." Shade seemed emotionless, as if giving up her free will.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 9:59 pm

The Administrator remained silent, and and only spoke as the Director entered the room. "It is done," he said, before taking his leave.

The Director looked at Dark with pure glee, and an evil smile crept across his lips. "I believe a test is in order," he said, "Dark, knock Evangeline out and bring her here. She needs to be fitted and modified as well." The machinery read the command, and if working properly, would force Dark to obey.

Evangeline fell into silence, her mouth in a strait grim line. After several silent moments, she decided to say one last thing. "You know what's beyond idiotic? Giving up. It leads to more problems than it's worth. I know why I survived while countless others didn't, and it's because I'm pathetic. I gave up and allowed the scientists to do whatever they wanted to me. I didn't resist, and didn't try to stop them. When it comes to something like what they did, even the slightest resistance will spiral your body out of control and into death. That's why I fight now. In some ways, maybe I'm hoping it'll kill me."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 10:03 pm

Dark looked at the director before his eyes dimmed. "Yes director," he said to him, standing up and walking down the halls. The metal that was attached to his leg clicked probably just as bad as his other paw when it hit the ground, Dark moving towards the locked room. He opened the door, looking at Evangeline with little emotion left, reaching his hand at her before a dart shot in her direction.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 10:06 pm

The dart hit Shade when she went to walk away, knocking her out. She fell onto the floor unconcious.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 10:13 pm

Evangeline, now out of Shade's restraint, took one look at Dark and knew something was very wrong. Before he could reach out to her, she grabbed Nev and rolled under his arms and out the door, which was left open. Slamming the door shut, she smiled. "It's locked from that side, should keep them occupied for a while."

Letting Nev climb onto her shoulder, she started toward the Director's room. "I'm going to finish this once and for all..."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Dark turned his view looking at Evangeline having escaped. He put his hand on the door, hacking it until it opened, him walking through and shutting it. "Evangeline," he mumbled before he started running, tackling her halfway to the director, grabbing her neck with his metallic arm and squeezing a bit.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Shade showed no signs of waking up any time soon.

(Could the director machine her or something?)
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 10:25 pm

Evangeline was tackled, and tried to ram her elbow into his face in an attempt to get him off of her. She also tried to summon up her Pokemon power, but it was still out of her reach.

(Maybe, I'll think of something evil >:3)

A guard picked up Shade's body, and put it into the gurney Evangeline had been in. Wheeling it out of the room, he started bringing it to the Director. "They don't pay me enough," he muttered while he walked. He ignored Evangeline and Dark completely.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Dark looked at Evangeline before he sedated her with his hand. "Evangeline captured..." He picked her up, walking to the director and setting her down before his aura started messing around, making the machinery act funny. "He probably needs more modification," the scientists told the director. "Do you want us to prepare him for a full machinery cover whilst we prep Evangeline and the other one for theirs?"
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 10:33 pm

Shade seemed as if she was fighting to wake up, but then stopped.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 10:43 pm

"Yes," the Director replied, "Make it swift. I want all of these inefficiencies delt with by the end of today."

Evangeline went limp, and was at Dark's mercy. Though an unknown watching pair of eyes seemed to be planning something. They were among a large group of guards, and virtually untraceable because of it.

When the scientist got to the Director's room, he was instructed to bring Shade into an empty operating room. Sighing, he turned around, and started wheeling her toward one.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 10:46 pm

Operators in one room started preparing Evangeline, measuring her size overall. In another room, more operators were attaching metal to Dark, alongside the same technology. One of the operators took some of the technology needed to those in the other room, telling them to be careful when dealing with Evangeline's. Guards kept a watch on the rooms, making sure no one would get in.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 10:59 pm

The operators began fixing Shade up with the technology first. Some of it was fitted on top of the skin, some grafted straight to the bone. They had no concern with the pain or any slip ups they had. They continued to work, getting halfway done without any big incident.

Evangeline was still knocked out, useless to resist anything. She would be the next operation after Shade's was complete.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 11:02 pm

The director kept an eye on Evangeline whilst he waited for reports. The first to come was Dark, since he didn't need to be measured or put down, but rather told to obey. "Good. Get the operators in the other room and work on that girl," he said, rubbing Evangeline's head as he waited for reports on Shade's operation.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 11:09 pm

Shade woke up. "Wha...Why am I in this room?" She noticed machinery on her body. "What are you doing to me???"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 26, 2013 11:17 pm

"Quiet," one of the operators said, "we're almost finished, and if you move around, we may accidentally damage your body." Four of the guards in the room stepped forward, and held Shade down as the operation continued.

Evangeline slowly blinked awake just as the Director gave the order. "She glared at him, and tried to get up. Unfortunately, her body wasn't fully awake, and she instead only managed to flop onto the floor.

Dressed up as a guard, someone began following Dark. The remained a safe distance, but got closer and closer with every corner.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 11 H6Q0F8z

Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next