HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next
Dragon Kurai

Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 23, 2013 7:43 pm

The guard turned his head looking at Evangeline. "What would you want to know," he said, willing to talk so that he wouldn't be killed. "Just spare me. I'm only in this job so I can provide for my family. I don't necessarily agree with what they are doing, but if I go against it, I'll end up shot..."

One of the technicians walked into the room, looking at the director with Dark walking beside him. "He's been asking me different questions about what we do sir," he said to him. "A wolf can't be curious," Dark asked, sighing.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 23, 2013 7:44 pm

"How, where, and on who?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 23, 2013 7:54 pm

"Go find me our missing Subject, and I'll consider. Don't come back if you do not find her. You will be eliminated, because we will not have use of you." The Director turned toward Dark. "And what do you want to know that hasn't been explained to you already?"

"I don't like killing, unlike your lab," Evangeline said, relaxing slightly. "I want to know what they're planning, and why they want me back. After that, you would stand a better chance of getting far away from here. They think you're dead, they won't search for you. You can find a less hazardous job, and disappear with your family. I never spoke with you, and just assumed you were dead."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Dark just shrugged as the technician left. "I was just curious about what they were making," he said to the director. "They kept telling me it was a secret, though it isn't..."

The man looked at Evangeline. "That, that wolf. They brought him in and are planning on bioengineering machinery to him to make him a powerful weapon. They wanted you back because they wanted to do the same to you, except with pokemon abilities.'
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Shade came out and threw the man aside. She looked seriously at Evangline. "Play along, alright?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 23, 2013 8:10 pm

"You'll find out in due time," the Director said. "You don't need to know at this moment."

Evangeline glared at Shade when she threw the man aside. "Thank you," she said to him, "you're free to go." She then turned back toward Shade. "Play along with what?"
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 23, 2013 8:13 pm

Dark only nodded, and he sat down in a chair falling asleep. One of the other technicians came in, and looked at Dark. "He seems about the right size... Luckily we're fast workers," the man said, turning to the director. "We're almost done with the machinery... You did the right thing hiring multiple engineers and technicians sir." He turned his head looking at Dark a moment when the chair he sat in caught on fire. "Sir!"

The man got up and he looked at Evangeline. He scrambled away, running from the two having gotten his freedom.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 23, 2013 8:20 pm

"Just don't fight back." She dragged Evangeline by the wrists to the director's room. "Here she is."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 24, 2013 4:42 am

Evangeline was dragged into the Director's room, but remained apprehensive. One wrong move on Shade's part, and she's going to have an icy experience. Smelling smoke, she noticed the burning fire and Dark for the first time. "Fire and ice," she commented, "today seems to be your lucky day Director."

The Director immediately grabbed for an emergency fire extinguisher from a holding container near his desk. Ignoring Evangeline for now, he tried to put out the blaze. The other scientists in the room focused a variety of weapons on Dark, Evangeline, and Shade. "Don't move," one of them said.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 24, 2013 4:44 am

Dark looked at the scientist that was holding a weapon at him. "I'm not dangerous," he sighed to them. "My aura just gets a bit funny sometimes. Why would I do anything against you..." He got up slowly, walking towards the director.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 24, 2013 4:47 am

"I'm on your side, and I'm not going anywhere...Meaning she's not either...So what do you want me to do now?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 24, 2013 4:12 pm

The Director put out the blaze and looked at Dark apprehensively. "If you say that, then leave. Once I am done with this," he motioned toward Shade and Evangeline, "I will help you deal with your aura." He gave a dismissing look toward Dark, and pulled a syringe out of his pocket. Walking toward Shade, he was meaning to inject Evangeline with something. It wasn't the same thing the scientists used to knock their subjects out, it was different in color and effect. "Hold her still," he said to Shade.

Evangeline tensed against Shade's grip. "If you don't do something in one second," she breathed as quietly as possible, "I'm going to have to hurt you."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Dark nodded at the director, leaving the room and standing outside thinking. He didn't want Evangeline hurt though, but he had to let things be how they were, elsewise he wouldn't be protected as promised.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 24, 2013 4:29 pm

She held still, but Z sprinted in and knocked it out of his hand. "How's that for timing?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 24, 2013 4:46 pm

"You little-" the Director started to say, but his anger made him cut off, his face a bright red. "KILL THEM!" He shouted, pointing at Shade and Z. Guns rapidly fired toward them, shot by all of the scientists. The syringe laid undamaged by the Director's foot, and he picked it up. His eyes scoped the room for Evangeline, but she was suddenly gone, the exit door swung wide open, showing she had used the distraction as an escape.

Evangeline burat out of the room just as the barrage of bullets started. Ignoring them, and Dark for that matter, she sprinted down the hall and toward the wreched smell of blood and chemicals that was all too familiar. Finding her way into an operation room, she quickly knocked out the guards, and stood horrified at what she saw. A body of a girl and Poochyena laid on the table. The Poochyena was mutilated beyond recognition, and the girl was clearly dead, the ghost of her horror still showing on her wide and frightened eyes that now had no focus. "I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up," Evangeline said with a heavy heart. She walked up to the girl and slid her hand along the eyes, shutting them. "Those damned scientists are going to pay."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Dark chased after Evangeline, grabbing a syringe from a shelf as he ran down the halls. He knew he ony had one chance to make the director happy, and that chance was to grab Evangeline for him. He ran in, forcing the door shut with his aura, and pushing the other two people away from her. "Listen," he said to Evangeline. "I'm sorry. I"ve just been picked on my entire life, and this is my only escape. It wouldn't matter whre I go, I'll be picked on, unless it's here." He jumped at her, attempting to stab her with the syringe and knock her unconscious.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 24, 2013 4:54 pm

Shade jumped behind some scientists. "How's this-I join you...Or I kill you...What'll it be? Death or a superweapon?" Her voice and face seemed honest, that she would kill if she didn't get accepted.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 24, 2013 5:00 pm

"You interfeared with my business. It will be you who dies." He waved his hands, and the guns once again all fired at Shade and Z.

Evangeline wasn't expecting the attack, and couldn't fight before Dark had hit her. She slumped uncontious onto the floor, useless to resist anything now.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Dark grabbed Evangeline before she fell completely to the floor. "I'm sorry," he said to her again, picking her up after he bound her hands and feet. He also covered her mouth to be safe, knowing she coudl freeze things and possibly breathe ice. He carried her to the room with the director, holding her tight so that nothing else could take her from his hands and run off. He heard gunfire, and when it ceased, that's when he walked into the room.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 24, 2013 5:05 pm

She jumped and stood on the director's desk. "I've been trying to help, how is that interfering? This is your first warning."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 24, 2013 10:01 pm

As the group of scientists and guards reloaded, the Director held out a restraining hand, and they stopped. It was then Dark walked into the room with the unconscious Evangeline. He turned toward Shade, "if you truly want to help, grab that syringe and bring it to me," he said to her.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 24, 2013 10:07 pm

Dark was starting to think of everything in his head. It was truly Evangeline that had been so accepting of him, but so did the facility. However, she didn't want anything of him but his trust,and the facility wanted him to be a slave practically, though they could also make him strong. "But aren't I strong enough on my own? Do I really need modification," he thought to himself in question as he walked towards the director. He stopped in the middle of the room. "I need to just make up my mind. Do I want Evangeline as a friend, or do I want to have her as an enemy and help a facility that mutilates creatures..." He knew he had to make a hasty decision, and thinking of how he was treated in the past, he looked at the director ripping the keycard and collar from his neck. "I've made another decision, as if I haven't made enough," he said to the director, holding Evangeline. "You're a cruel and mischievous person that is cruel to humans alike, just as much as pokemon." He immediately turned before the director could react, running out of the room with Evangeline in his arms. He kept the keycard in hand, rushing for the exit where the director said he could get out of, using the keycard. He didn't necessarily think of Nev, but he got out of there as fast as he possibly could, running quick hoping to get away from the facility before anyone could get out and start chasing him down.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 24, 2013 10:23 pm

She handed him the syringe. "Too bad...Anyway, what now?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zMon Mar 25, 2013 8:22 pm

(Nev is still in the forest. I forgot to mention that Evangeline told him to stay XD)

"Now you go after them." the Director replied to Shade, handing her the syringe back. "I don't care if you get them here or not, just make sure Evangeline is injected. She's weak as she is. Her power needs to be improved." He dismissed her.

Evangeline remained unconscious in Dark's arms. She occasionally twitched and mumbled, but otherwise didn't show any signs of being close to waking.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8zMon Mar 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Dark turned his head back as he kept running. 'Sure enough, if I turn back, I'm dead,' he thought to himself as he kept running. He pried a syringe from hs pocket he had snatched on theway out. 'This should wake you up,' he told her, stopping for a split second and injecting the medicine into her before continuing to run. 'Nev, Nev! Nev, are you out here!'
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths - Page 7 H6Q0F8z

Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next