HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
MaximumMajin
MaximumMajin

Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] Empty
PostSubject: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zThu Jun 02, 2011 12:49 pm

Chez half-ran inside the Pokecenter, trying not to break the eggs in his backpack. He followed the orders of a nurse who had seen him, and sat down in a waiting chair. He wanted to move on-Pewter had a Gym Leader, and he was going to beat him! But first he'd have to get through the Viridian Forest. His excitement was only broken by the calling of his name on the loudspeaker.

"Chezlaw? Chezlaw Calhook, the nurse is ready to see you. Please step up to the counter." Chez moved to the counter, and wondered how they where going to heal his Pokemon...they had a back room, but only for serious injuries. He complied as she asked for his Pokemon, and he handed her the three Pokeballs. She put them on a tray-like object, making sure each one was on perfectly. What was she going to do?

The tray began to glow, red, then white, then red, then white...Until it "dinged" like a toaster. She went over, scooped up the eggs, and handed them back to a puzzled Chez.

"What did you do to them? THAT was your healing capability?" Chez raised an eyebrow as the nurse explained the machine and what it did, not believing his ears. Was the Pokemon League really THIS high-tech? Cool! But he had to be sure, and opened the three pokeballs in front of himself. Sure enough, he was replied with very-healthy, Squirts, coos, and purrs from Squirtle, Pidgey, and Rattata. He waved good by to the nurse, and turned to leave the Pokecenter.

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zThu Jun 02, 2011 8:28 pm

A young boy, probably about ten years old was walking in right as Chez was leaving, and bumped right into him! The boy fell backward to the ground with a thud, rubbing his head from the collision. "Dude, you should watch where you're going..." the little rude tyke said, picking up his pokeball and heading to the counter. The nurse took his ball, healing the Pokemon within in a similar fashion as she had done to Chez' own Pokemon.
MaximumMajin
MaximumMajin

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zThu Jun 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Chez was surprised and stumbled back a bit from the collision, noticing the small boy who had crashed into him. What was it about Chez that attracted small children?

"Err...sorry?" He said, rubbing his head. He watched as the nurse carefully healed his Pokemon as well, and waited for him to get done.

"Hey, I'm going to challenge the Viridian Gym Leader! But...do you know anything about him?" Chez rued the day he had to ask a kid this question, but he held out strong and swallowed his pride. His Pokemon trailed behind him, Squirtle and Rattata giving the boy an territorial glance. Pidgey rested on his shoulder, and ignored all of the fuss.

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zThu Jun 02, 2011 9:31 pm

The boy took his pokeball, glancing back at Chez with an 'Are you serious?' look on his face. "You challenge the gym leader here? Hah! How many badges do you even have? None? Thought as much," he rambled, tucking the pokeball safely away. "The gym leader here is very reserved. You better get a few badges under your belt before even DREAMING of challenging him newbie," the boy said with another degrading laugh.
MaximumMajin
MaximumMajin

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zThu Jun 02, 2011 9:49 pm

"What was that?" Chez' blood, along with Squirtle's and Rattata's, began to boil. Was this kid, a new trainer trainer with one Pokemon by the looks of it, saying that HE couldn't take on a Gym Leader? Who does he think he is? Gym Leaders can't be THAT strong, can they?

"I'll make ya eat those words!"
"Tatta!"
"Squirt!"
The nurse sighed, remaining calm.
"If your going to fight please do it outside..."
Chez cooled down a bit.
"Fine, if he's up to it!" And he triumphantly left the Pokecenter, waiting to clobber the snot-nosed brat!

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zThu Jun 02, 2011 10:59 pm

The kid scoffed, brushing his bangs off to the side, though they quickly fell back into place anyway. "You're on!" he said, rushing outside to take on the foolish challenger. "One on one, choose your strongest!" the boy claimed once outside, his thumb gently rolling over the button on his single pokeball.
MaximumMajin
MaximumMajin

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zFri Jun 03, 2011 1:17 am

"Heh, if you want me to, kid!" He motioned for Squirtle to join the fray, who was anxious to have some kind of action.

"Squirt!" Rattata and Pidgey where retained in their Pokeballs for the time being, as Chez did not think he would need them yet.

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zFri Jun 03, 2011 7:35 pm

"Remember, this is one-on-one," the boy said with a grin, clicking his pokeball to enlarge it. He tossed it out into their fighting 'arena' where it opened up. A red beam of light shot out, quickly taking the form of a Pokemon before the ball clasped shut, and retracted to the boy's hand. Now in front of them stood an odd looking floating eel type...thing. It was small, and nearly white in color with sparks all around on its body. "Tynamo, I choose you!" the boy called out, a grin across his face. "Your move, stranger..." he chuckled a bit. He might be small, and only have one Pokemon but he seemed to know what he was doing. Sure you want to get into this?
MaximumMajin
MaximumMajin

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zFri Jun 03, 2011 9:50 pm

Chez stared at the odd Pokemon in awe. This can't a Kanto region Pokemon...time to use his trusty-old Pokedex! He whipped it out and aimed the lens at Tynamo, clicking the button to unlock the unknown secrets of this Pokemon.

POKEDEX #602: Tynamo, The EleFish Pokemon

These Pokémon move in schools. They have an electricity-generating organ, so they discharge electricity if in danger.

Ele...ELECTRIC?!?!? His two strongest Pokemon where both weak against that type! His only option was Rattata, but who knows, maybe this was a good time to train em'! Although he couldn't let his emotions show, so he'd casually bring out Rattata.

"Heh, Tynamo? Alright, then lets match it with something more it's speed! Go, Rattata!" He flipped out his Pokeball, recapturing Squirtle, and threw another orb out to the battlefield, releasing the mouse Pokemon. The commotion attracted a small crowd-children, passing tourists, other trainers. It was time to begin.

"Rattata, begin with Quick Attack!"
"Ratta!"
Quick as lightning, the Pokemon zipped along the soft grass, aiming to smack the floating fish when it wasn't expecting it.

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zFri Jun 03, 2011 11:43 pm

The boy sighed, rubbing his temples. The guy obviously didn't know what one-on-one meant, but he'd let it slide...this time. "Go Tynamo, use your thunder wave!" he called out to the floating fish. It generated sparks, waiting for Rattata to make contact before discharging in an attempt to paralyze the mouse.
MaximumMajin
MaximumMajin

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zSat Jun 04, 2011 1:24 am

Rattata jumped back by the jolt, spazzing slightly on the ground. He stumbled to his feet, and didn't change the intense expression on his face, even though it hurt. He glanced back at his trainer as a way of saying, even though it wasn't true: "I'm fine, continue"

"Alright..." Chez needed to ponder, he didn't know how he would counter a pokemon like that with Rattata, but he needed to have one good hit. He wouldn't get any others in, and he needed Rattata to stay conscious in order for him to really gain the bonus of battle. But there was a way, there always was.

"Rattata, use tail whip!" Tail whip? Rattata hated that move. It made him look like a girl, and why does any tough guy want to look like a girl? But, Chez probably had some convoluted idea, so he complied by sloshing his tail back in forth slowly, making it almost dance in the air.

"Perfect!" If he kept this up, then maybe, they'd have a chance at winning.

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zSun Jun 05, 2011 7:21 pm

{Tynamo, level 9}
The boy cocked his head at the rattata. Thunder wave was a paralysis inducing move, after all. He wondered if it had in fact been paralyzed as it wagged its tail back and forth. Lowering Tynamo's defenses, huh? He said within his mind, grinning. "Charge beam," the boy said calmly, crossing his arms in mild amusement. Tynamo began to glow, body sparking before it quickly shot out a beam of electricity at Rattata, the leftover electricity raising Tynamo's Sp Attack stat!
MaximumMajin
MaximumMajin

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zSun Jun 05, 2011 9:40 pm

"No, Rattata!" The Pokemon had no time to react as the electricity coursing through it's body was slowing his movements, and the attack landed right on Rattata's chest, sending him backwards and onto he ground. The helpless Pokemon mouned, and tried to get up, but ultimately collapsed on the dirt, unconscious.

"Urg...Rattata..." Chez clasped his hand in a fist and cursed silently. Did he just...lose? Well, yeah, it was bound to happen, but he hadn't really landed a single hit on the Pokemon! And it looked so vulnerable! He needed a good ground type, his team didn't even out. But where was he to find one? The thought was drowned out by the emotion of his hurt Pokemon, whom he rushed to and held in his hands.

"Hmmm...I guess I'm not ready for the Gym..." Chez started to chuckle, forcing tears from his eyes by blinking.

"But just you wait! I will get that badge-I'll get em' all, and when I do, I beat you so hard you'll wish you never crossed my path!" He returned Rattata to it's Pokeball and made his way back inside the PokeCenter to reheal his battered friend.

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zSun Jun 05, 2011 10:01 pm

"Hmph," the boy said, returning his Tynamo to its ball. "Told ya you weren't ready," he mumbled, clasping the ball onto his waist and walking off into the distance.

Nurse Joy inside immediately recognized Chez since he had been in there not too much earlier. "Oh dear, I was afraid this would happen...That boy isn't much more than a novice trainer, but he still knows what he's doing," she said, setting out a healing plate for Rattata's ball to be placed in.
MaximumMajin
MaximumMajin

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zMon Jun 06, 2011 2:35 am

Chez scowled. Where did that kid get that good? Or maybe it was that Chez was just that BAD?
He didn't know, but he did need to find a few more Pokemon to even things out, at least.

"Hey, does anyone know where I could find some Pokemon around here that aren't Rattata or Pidgey? I'm sorta...screwed at the moment, aheh." Chez looked around at the light crowd of people waiting in the chairs off to the side.

"Oho, different Pokemon, you say? Well, I'll have you know that there ARE two kinds of Pokemon found near here that aren't found in many other places-unless you plan on visiting the forest first." An old man in a tuxedo and matching top hat spoke up, happy to address the young fellow.

"You do! What are they?"

"Well, technically they're only one Pokemon, but two different genders that branch off into different evolutions. They're called Nidoran, and you can find them at the small route leading to the Pokemon league to the west of the town. But remember, you can't enter the Pokemon league unless you have obtained the seven Gym badges first."

"Nidoran? I've never heard of them before..." But they did sound like something worth investigating. Behind him, he heard the Ding! That signaled his Pokemon's recovery. He took back his Rattata, and looked out of the sliding doors, towards the opening in the wooded area around Viridian.

"Nidoran, here I come!" And he shot off, out of the Pokecenter and into route *2!

*(Not sure, think It's route 2)
AliceRage
AliceRage

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zThu Jun 09, 2011 1:26 am

Alice walked down the route, Rilou trailing beside her. "I just don't get what's so hard about it.." He said to him, turning a corner. She was knocked into by a boy that was running down the path. "Hey-!" She called out, falling backwards. Riolu shreiked and jumped out of the way, narrowly being squished by her. Alice moaned. "Ugh.."
MaximumMajin
MaximumMajin

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zThu Jun 09, 2011 12:58 pm

Smack!
Chezlaw supported himself by his back-leg, refraining him from falling. He was quite used to doing this already, he banged into more people than he'd gladly admit. But never a girl, and this time, she didn't seem like she was 10. Chezlaw stood up straight, and held a hand out to the fallen mistress in front of him.

"Hello, sorry for that...My name's Chezlaw, but you can call me Chez."

He smiled. These social encounters where still a little awkward for him, but he pressed on no matter how weird it seemed. Who knows, maybe it was a wonderful thing that Alice bumped into him?
AliceRage
AliceRage

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zFri Jun 10, 2011 6:33 am

Alice sighed and grabbed his hand, pulling herself up. "It's fine." She grumbled, dusting herself off. Her Riolu growled. "No, stop." She said, looking down at him. Riolu crossed his arms and pouted. "I'm Alice."
MaximumMajin
MaximumMajin

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zSat Jun 11, 2011 2:47 am

Chezlaw pulled the girl up, noticing her odd Pokemon at her side. He had never seen such a Pokemon...

"Um, miss...er...Alice, what kind of Pokemon is that? I've never seen anything like it..."

He crouched down, looking at Riolu with eyes filled of wonder.
AliceRage
AliceRage

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zSat Jun 11, 2011 7:55 pm

"Rilou. He's my partner." Alice said, looking down at him.

Rilou puffed out his chest in pride.

Alice giggled as he jumped up and sat on her shoulder. "We're Aura Training together. What about you?"
MaximumMajin
MaximumMajin

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zMon Jun 13, 2011 9:28 pm

"I'm off in search of a special Pokemon! It's supposed to be native to this area, and I need it to even out my team. Although they are pretty strong!"

Chez kicked back, smiling very widely. He had to say, even though they had not been traveling for long, he took great pride in his little team, although they did need a lot of work to get ready for the Gym Leaders, let alone the Elite Four...
AliceRage
AliceRage

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zTue Jun 14, 2011 12:49 am

Alice cocked her head. "Which pokemon do you have?"

Riolu looked over, curious.
MaximumMajin
MaximumMajin

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zTue Jun 14, 2011 3:01 am

Chezlaw counted on his fingers, although he didn't need to.

"Lets see...Pidgey...Rattata...and Squirtle!"

He Proclaimed this triumphantly, although he did know that Rattata and Pidgey weren't exactly Pokemon you'd want to brag about. Oh, he almost forgot! He flipped out his Pokedex, and aimed it at Riolu, snapping a picture faster than he could react.

"Gotcha! Riolu...lets see what the Pokedex says about ya!"

POKEDEX #447:RIOLU, the Emanation Pokemon

It has the peculiar power of being able to see emotions such as joy and rage in the form of waves.

"Oh, Cool! Your Pokemon can tell what humans are thinking?"

Another amazing discovery that just proved how fascinating Pokemon truly are!
AliceRage
AliceRage

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zTue Jun 14, 2011 4:53 am

Alice smiled as Riolu puffed his chest out again. "He's got a lot of pride...and he's overprotective." She laughed. Riolu peered at Chez, and cooed. "Happiness. Riolu reads that you're happy." She said, scratching his head. Riolu's tail swished back and forth, and he smiled.
MaximumMajin
MaximumMajin

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8zWed Jun 15, 2011 12:57 am

"Wow! He can really do that? Amazing! this machine isn't useless after-all!"

It was true that Chez got too hyped-up and was too obviously amazed by Pokemon, but he couldn't help himself. Pokemon are so mysterious and exciting, so how could anyone not be interested as intently as Chezlaw is? It filled him with great anxiety to know that eventually he'd be traveling regions, exploring new places, and catching every Pokemon. Every. Even if the stakes seemed too high or the challenge too steep, he'd be there. Him and Squirtle. And Pidgey. And Rattata. And his three mysterious eggs that he couldn't wait to hatch-it was all so exciting!

"Hey, you know...you have a Pokemon, and I have a Pokemon...would you like a battle?"

Fires ignited in Chezlaw's eyes. The Embers of passion and bravery acted as fuel to edge this flame on, keeping it at a constant burn-rate, and making his heart bounce harder than an air-born Wailord. He held out a Pokeball-Pidgey, since he had yet to fight with it-and awaited her response. He knew she'd probably say yes, that was the trainer pact. Never back down!
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]   Passing Through Viridian[Open to all] H6Q0F8z

Passing Through Viridian[Open to all]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next