HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Training of Tooth and Claw

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Dragon Kurai

Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zThu Jan 30, 2014 1:24 am

A note was on the ground near the window, a bit of blood left on a spike that hadn't broken. The arcanine was missing, a bit of clawmarks displaying that she had fought to stay in the room before whatever taken her got her down.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zThu Jan 30, 2014 4:44 am

Amber jolted out of bed as fast as she could, and carefully navigated the floor. All of the glass now strewn everywhere was a hazard to her feet, which only had a thin pair of socks keeping them protected, utterly useless against glass. Slowly and carefully crouching down, she gingerly picked up the note in order to read the note as a cold sense of foreboding crept into her and her pulse sped. Something was very wrong, and she wasn't expecting anything good from the note's contents.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zThu Jan 30, 2014 4:49 am

[Based on your concern shown in the CB, I decided that perhaps a criminal organization is a bit much for right now. As such, I have changed the post and thought of a different branch for this atm o3o]

The note wasn't written in the best handwriting, though there was a circular logo at the top. "CAPA Facilities," was written inside the acronym above the second word. On the note was a picture of a growlithe with a machine-like leg.

Whoever you are,
Back off... The arcanine escaped, and we are simply claiming our property back. We will not hesitate to put her down like the other canines, and we definitely won't hesitate to tranquilize you and your "pack." However, if you were to come quietly and listen to our side of the story, no guns blazing, we will gladly tell you the real story behind this arcanine and her pup...

A picture of her pup is attached for you to reference, as well as a description on the back... Enjoy.
Sincerely, ...

The signature was blotted out, as if the handwriting had smeared. In the picture one could see one of the growlithe's eyes had a bandage over it, and one leg was wrapped. On the back would be handwriting. "Growlithe, Pup, six months. Son of Arcanine, Female, age unknown. After appearance of operation to preserve eyesight, one burnt leg, and restore full walk potential..."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSat Feb 01, 2014 9:04 pm

An obscene word slipped through Artemis's mouth as she read over the note, then she read it again for good measure. What choice do I have? she thought to herself, I can't just abandon them, and if I don't go... She couldn't think of what would happen without shuddering. "There's no real option," she murmured, standing.

"Come on guys," she said to her Pack, "We're going back." All of their eyes lit with curiosity and concern, but none questioned Amber's command. Making their way quietly out of the Center, as to not disturb any other guests sleeping nearby, they stumbled back out into Castelia's busy greets and made their way back to the ominous business building.

Walking inside, she decided to hide her fright. If anything, walking with confidence would confuse them, and that would be a small victory in Amber's mind. "You summoned, and so I'm here," she sarcastically said, bowing as if a servant to the clerk at the desk, "now tell me what I'm doing here."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSat Feb 01, 2014 9:10 pm

When the clerk asked for the note, she was astounded at what she saw. It was obvious the note was in the facility's owner's handwriting, and as such, she simply gestured to an elevator. "He'll be waiting on the top floor... While you travel there I'll buzz him and make sure he knows that you're coming." The woman then picked up a small phone, her preparing to dial after Amber moved off.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSun Feb 02, 2014 1:19 am

"Your wish is my command, well their's is," Amber said, rolling her eyes. With another exaggerated flourish, she made her way to the elevator. Pressing the button, she entered and hit the farthest button up, the top floor. Her Pack and she were a bit crammed into the tight space, but she wasn't about to put them in their balls at this point in time. It seemed best to keep them out, in case any trouble arose. The gentle climb of the elevator put Amber on her last nerve. If this wasn't bad enough. she though, I hate elevators. They're too cramped and inescapable. I prefer a lot of space around me. A ding signified that they had reached their destination, and with a sigh of relief, Amber and her Pack exited the elevator onto the topmost floor.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSun Feb 02, 2014 4:43 am

Someone was waiting at the top for Amber, the guard gesturing towards a set of two open doors. The doors were colored black, as if reflecting the sunlight coming from nearby windows. "This way," the guard spoke, his voice not staggering in even the slightest, signifying he was strong and well chosen for his position. He led Amber towards the room, two people standing by the door pulling it to a close when a snap of fingers occurred from someone in a chair. "You don't think I haven't been watching my cameras," the stranger asked, the voice coming from him calm and relaxed. "Trust me, nothing slips my vision. I can watch the streets below from this high up, and I can even watch the insides of my facility with cameras." He turned in the chair, it seeming to make no noise whilst the man sitting in it set his hands down on the table. "I saw you with that arcanine... Boy, she has grown so clever... We made her able to communicate with others, and she used that for her advantage." He had a stack of files on his desk, with one sitting in front of him open. "If you wish, you can approach. I promise I won't do anything to harm you; everything about the arcanine is in this file, as is information on her pup. I could specify any single thing you want to know about that pokemon, and I can even tell you answers to things that weren't included in this file." He gestured to the open file after he slid it a bit forward, pictures and papers in it with all sorts of writing and typing.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSun Feb 02, 2014 10:47 pm

Amber hesitantly approached the desk and grabbed the file, unsure of exactly what she wanted to know. Before she even read any of it, there was one question she needed answering. "Where is she?" Amber asked, "I won't play into any of these games or whatever it is you want from me unless I know she's safe." Looking up at the man behind the desk with defiance, she crossed her arms and awaited an answer.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSun Feb 02, 2014 11:05 pm

"She's safe," the strange man told Amber. "We have her in a cage away from her pup... You know, she was nearly the reason he died." He gestured to the file again, knowing that was in it. "We performed surgery for hours trying to help him. She had a fit while we tried to strive to keep him from going blind or losing the ability to walk..."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSun Feb 02, 2014 11:08 pm

Amber didn't quite trust the man's words, but she had little choice in accepting them. She knew she wouldn't get any other answer. She just nodded toward him and murmured, "okay." Unsatisfied, but moving on, she took a look at the file, beginning to read whatever contents were stowed inside.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSun Feb 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Inside the file were horrific pictures of the arcanine snarling and roaring, others of her pup in dire need of assistance. Papers were there detailing everything that had happened from start to finish, the strange man staring at Amber whilst she looked through it all. "There is a tape included. If you want to play it, you can hear her roars for youreslf."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSun Feb 02, 2014 11:14 pm

"I don't need to hear that," Amber replied, the file had left her even more befuddled and confused than she was before. She set the file gently back onto the desk and looked to her Pack. "While it shows her angry at something," she started, "it didn't say how or why. Her pup was obviously in need, but no canine gets that hostile without good reason. What did you do?" Her eyes turned up toward the man and her hand gently rested on Ash's head.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSun Feb 02, 2014 11:23 pm

"We simply took in the growlithe and tried to save it," the strange man told Amber. "I was really hoping that you'd listen to the tape. After all, it does tell the answer to your question." He looked to the file, a small tape attached to it. There wasn't really any video that would be shown with it, but it was enough to clear the man's name. "I know what that arcanine has been telling you seems negative of our corporation, but tell me; do you honestly believe the first thing you hear out of someone's mouth?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSun Feb 02, 2014 11:44 pm

"It depends," Amber said, "if it's from a person, then never. I'm inclined to believe Pokemon much more easily than people. They tend to be less deceptive, but I'm not completely stupid. So I'll give you a chance," she stepped to the side and leaned against a nearby wall, "if that tape will convince me, well that's your one shot before I'll be on my way." Her eyebrow raised as she waited for his reaction. She truly wasn't sure what to believe anymore, but she still wanted to put faith in Arcanine, who seemed so concerned for others, whether they be her pup or her master. This man was a stranger, a figure in a powerful organization, not someone that she wanted to trust. But... something about him seemed desperate, as if he wanted nothing more than for her to believe him. She'd give him a chance.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSun Feb 02, 2014 11:50 pm

The strange man stood, him taking the tape that was attached to the file. "Then I'll make sure that you trust me," he told her, putting the tape in a player. He pressed the button to make it begin, and it really didn't seem like much at the start. All it started with was the date and what was going on, though not much later roars were coming from it. As if the arcanine was speaking in clear English, her roars were making few words about her wanting the pup left to die. The strange man simply sat back in his chair, multiple voices coming from the tape about different things; tools needed during the operation, remarks of cruelty towards the arcanine, and some remarks to settle the pup when it whined. "Mama, why," was clearly spoken, the arcanine seeming to not be the only pokemon that was special. The man stopped the tape before long, him knowing there was more left. However, he looked to Amber. "Should I play the rest," he asked. "Or are you getting part of what was happening that night?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zSun Feb 02, 2014 11:59 pm

Amber and her pack were visibly shaken, but something was still at the back of her mind. "Th-The tape is convincing," she said, taking a deep breath to regain her composure, "but you still haven't answered what lead up to it. Why were they in your care in the first place, what lead up to the recording?"
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zMon Feb 03, 2014 12:01 am

"Well," the strange man told Amber. "I found the pair outside... The growlithe was clearly injured, and the arcanine was attacking him." He had someone bring in another tape, it thicker than the other one. He stood up again, taking the tape to a nearby television. "This is a recording of what happened just before the recording you heard moments ago." He slid the tape into a VCR, letting a bit of static play before an image of a camera pointed down showed up. It was obvious it was the front of the building, the strange man leaving the door. The arcanine was in front, attacking her pup for whatever reason.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Feb 04, 2014 1:57 am

"And," Amber continued, finding a new question as doubt of her motives continued to slip into her mind and latch onto it, making her even more doubtful of what was true and what was false. "Do you know why she was attacking her pup and where he is now?" Her eyes looked to her pack, to see what they were thinking of the situation, but all but Lavender seemed to be listening. Ash was too busy glancing about the room every few seconds for any hostile figure while Amethyst shyly hid behind Amber's legs. Azure, on the other hand, was slightly dozing as a wave of his puppy energy finally washed away from him. Lavender, looking up to Amber, tilted her head to one side. She knew her trainer wouldn't understand her, they weren't familiar enough with each other yet, but she wanted to remind her of what she had said to the Houndoom that seemed now like a distant memory. There is a side to every story, both rarely paint their opposite in a good light. It is wisest to listen to both before truly forming an opinion.

Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Feb 04, 2014 2:02 am

The strange man shrugged. "I don't know why or why not she was attacking the pup," he told Amber, pulling the tape about before it continued on much longer. "But I can definitely tell you that the growlithe is safe. We have him a bit lower down, and if you wish, I can easily give you an access card... Or are you so untrusting, you'd rather have me show you?" He pulled open a drawer, pulled out a card, and held it up for Amber to see.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Feb 04, 2014 2:37 am

"I'd prefer to go alone," Amber said, reaching out and taking the access card. "What do you plan on doing with him?" she asked, "surely if he's treated and healthy, he's good enough to be released into the wild or adopted out, whatever you guys say you do for canines," her hand stroked the top of Azure's dozing head, who opened his eyes and blinked awake, straightening his sleep heavy head. His tail gave a slight wag and he looked as if he too was itching to get out of the cramped room. Turning from the desk, Amber looked over her shoulder as she made her way out of it. "What floor?" she asked, intending to take the elevator down there as soon as her questions were answered.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Feb 04, 2014 2:47 am

"Not many people have a fondness for a pokemon with a machine leg," the strange man told Amber in cold fact. "We've tried. We've had a few people come by and check the growlithe out, but no one really seems to want him. We've made him comfortable and everything. Check on the fifth floor if you'd like."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Feb 04, 2014 2:52 am

Amber nodded, glancing somberly down. "Every canine deserves a home," she said, "I'm sure he'll find his, and I'm going to see him." She said, finally exiting the room and making her way to the elevator. The thought of the poor dog: abused, caged, and alone brought a small layer of moisture to the packmaster's eyes, and she pressed the button for the fifth floor once her Pack had filed into the cramped elevator. There was no time for her petty claustrophobia, making her own focus strictly on the pup. Once the electronic ding signified that she had reached her intended floor, she stepped out and looked around, trying to locate where the Growlithe was being held.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Feb 04, 2014 2:56 am

The strange man had apparently buzzed for someone to lead Amber. The person was waiting at the front of the elevator. "Madame," he spoke, being very kind and proper. "I've been requested to lead you somewhere." He then gestured, taking Amber to a door with a picture of a growlithe on it. "I was told to tell you that even if most of our other canines are caged, you'll be caught off if the arcanine told you anything." A happy bark came from inside, a couple of people there taking care of the growlithe. The room had been dedicated to him; there wasn't a cage in sight in the room when the door opened.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Feb 04, 2014 3:16 am

Amber hesitantly stepped into the room, and upon seeing the Growlithe yipping in happiness, her nerves slowly washed away, and a sigh of relief escaped her. Kneeling down, she held her hand out toward the little pup to sniff. "Hey little guy," she said with a soothing and friendly voice, "I'm a friend, and this is my Pack. I'm sure they'd like to meet you."

Indeed, her Pack shuffled into the room, and each took a different place. Ash stood between Amber and the door, eyeing it cautiously in case it was all some sort of elaborate trap, and he would be able to leap into action to aid his pack. Amethyst maintained a shy position behind Amber's legs and Lavender approached the Growlithe slowly, curiously studying him. Azure, with no need for familiarity in his puppy mind, barked happily and wagged his tail, bounding toward the Growlithe in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, as if the two had been friends for years.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8zTue Feb 04, 2014 3:25 am

The growlithe jumped before the pokemon known as Azure could get near him. He landed after the pokemon had passed, him walking over to Amber barking happily. One of his legs was clearly metallic and shaped like the other front leg, which had a scar from treatments he needed. The two that had been playing with the pokemon sat back and relaxed for a bit, it seeming as though he had finally settled down a bit. "Did you come to play," the growlithe barked to Amber in her head, his tail wagging a bit. The eye that wasn't able to see, or rather, was fake, was covered with a small patch.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training of Tooth and Claw   Training of Tooth and Claw - Page 5 H6Q0F8z

Training of Tooth and Claw
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next