HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Bryan
Bryan

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue Oct 29, 2013 3:41 am

Well, Grovyle decided to wait, too. It's just a waiting game now. Quite the suspense. "Alright, stand right there and do nothing," said Bruce.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue Oct 29, 2013 5:19 am

Dratini was getting impatient. She knew that she shouldn't jump it too much in a battle. She quickly glided to the surface, peeked out and slithered out, spilling water everywhere. At least it was better than a rock hard floor. Her eyes glittered magenta again as she conjured a Twister, sucking up all the fog and mist, and hurled it at Grovyle.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue Oct 29, 2013 10:18 am

All the air and gravity sent Grovyle flying towards a rock. He's starting to feel the pain now. "I hate that move! If only I had an Ice-type with me or one who knows Earthquake you'd be dead by now," said Bruce expressing his annoyance. He's starting to get bored from this. "Gro, you okay?"

Grovyle tries to get back on his feet and somehow managed. His legs shook for a bit. But it's probably not because of weakness. He hasn't had that much yet anyway. "That might just be a sign. Alright, I'm pissed. Come at her full speed, try to restrain her and use Absorb," commanded Bruce. Grovyle did so.

Grovyle would jump in the water and try to snatch Dratini, grip her as hard as he can so she won't be able to slither away, and use Absorb. "Yeah, he can fight on his own. He can take it from here. We just have to wait who gets out of the water alive," said Bruce eyeing the parents of Dratini. "I'm surprised you kept your promise of not intruding in this battle."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue Oct 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Dratini's eyes widened as Grovyle came crashing into the water. Unsure if the Thunder Wave effects were still around she quickly tried to glide away but the impact of Grovyle hitting the water played havoc with her balance and the quiet, easily influenced currents of the water and she ended up crashing on the walls. She was quickly in Grovlye's grip and desperately tried to wriggle away.

The two parents lifted an eyebrow each and eyed Bruce evil-like. What did he mean by that? That they were dishonourable pokemon who didn't keep their word? Anyway, this was Dratini's battle. She was the one who insisting on battling. To prove herself most probably. They shrugged as best as a pokemon could.

Dratini slowly felt her strength sapping, both by the Absorb as well as by the thrashing around. She quickly discharged small electric sparks. Thunder Wave. She wriggled around enough to face Grovyle, then tried bashing him on the head with her own head, focusing the power of her Slam on the area which would come in contact with Grovyle.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zWed Oct 30, 2013 6:20 am

Grovyle, still holding his breath, got hit on his eye by Dratini's round elevated nose. Or... mouth? Whichever. Hardcore enough, his right eye bled. What felt like a stab wound to the eye is actually just Dratini. He shouted a cry of pain and water got in through his nostrils and lungs. He could die here. He let go of Dratini and felt all weak now. That was worse than a critical hit.

He tried to swim back up the ground with his one working eye; leaving his foe alone for a while. He MUST get out of the water before water fills his lungs and he dies from it. A bloody death. His blood slowly mixes with the water but the few trails of blood is hard to see from the muddy water they're in. Should he get out of the water, the Pokemon Center can heal his injured eye, right? Right? No one would want to see Grovyle be a cyclops.

((Just realized... I went ALL THE WAY here, lost to Brawly and totally broke my undefeated streak attempt, stuck in Dewford for months just to leveling up... WHEN I HAVE RARE CANDIES >:| I should seriously start reviewing his app... XD)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zWed Oct 30, 2013 11:33 am

(XD Also, that's is all gory and...disgusting o-o Please refrain from posting such posts and irking me. I get irked very easily. :3)

Dratini coughed once as she was released. The impact hurt her too. She was perfectly adapted for water as well as air environments so she was all fine with coughing underwater. Her eyes widened as the mud settled and she spotted Grovyle choking and coughing. And was that a tinge of red in front of her...? She quickly glided over under Grovyle and started swimming upwards, attempting to lift Grovyle out of the water towards the surface, onto land.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zThu Oct 31, 2013 7:08 am

((Eh, I see. XD Kay.))

When he felt the serpentine body of Dratini wrap around him, he quickly reacted to it as if he's under attack. He's completely unaware that Dratini is trying to help him. His other working eye is closed due to the stimuli of being in sheer pain. Instinctively, he responded to a helping Dratini with a full-powered Absorb. That should at least lessen the pain.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zThu Oct 31, 2013 2:39 pm

Dratini flinched but determination shone through her sapphire eyes. Her body may house a small heart, but it beat with bravery. Her swimming slowed down considerably as she felt the Absorb. Mustering her energy, she made a final dash for the surface. The Grovyle was not a water creature, unlike her.

She exploded out of the water, gasping with the effort before nearly getting squashed under the Wood Gecko. Her fragile frame could support it fine in the water, but not on land. She wriggled under him, trapped.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zFri Nov 01, 2013 9:58 am

Grovyle made it up back the surface.

"Wait, what?!"

Bruce exclaimed and ran towards Grovyle. He knelt and rolled Grovyle aside so Dratini is no longer trapped. "What happened? Grovyle, buddy, are you okay," he asked. The Grass Pokemon couldn't answer. He laid there as his energy get drained. Even though he just tried to refill it back with Absorb, the pain is just too much for him to bear. Still, he rolled over again and tried to stand. He managed to get himself to one knee and looked at Bruce. Blood is still streaming down from his left eye as he start to tell Bruce the story.

"I see. Wow. I gotta say, hey, thanks for your kindness, Dratini," Bruce said. Grovyle also apologized for attacking. He only realized what Dratini was doing when he reached the surface. "Well, since you both are hurt. Well, Grovyle's more terribly hurt. Can we call this quits or something like that? We have to bring you to a Pokemon Center, Grovyle. Dratini, I'll take you, too. Just a thank you for saving my Pokemon. ...If that would be okay to your parents..."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zFri Nov 01, 2013 2:42 pm

"Dra?" The little blue dragon cocked it's head. She raised her head to her parents. Dragonair gave a serene nod while Dragonite went so far as to give it a wink. So she was free to make her own decision. She nodded happily as Dragonair floated down to briefly nuzzle Dratini before giving her an encouraging nudge. She quickly slithered over to Bruce's side.

(Ah this is so infinitely cute! <3)
Dratini and Dragonair:
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zFri Nov 01, 2013 5:13 pm

OOC: I'll give it a 3.5/5 rating. Cute, yep.

IIC: Bruce bent over and happily picked Dratini up and rested her on his arms. He may be a person who talks straightforward and a trainer who shows no mercy, he's still a human who has a heart. He felt weird happiness in thanking a foe for her kindness; nothing's personal when it comes to things like this.

"Okay. Don't you worry now, I'll return your daughter in no time. Grovyle, hold on, let's heal your eye," he said as he held the Dratini with his left arm and unattached a Poké Ball from his belt. He focused it on the bloodied Grovyle and tapped the ball. It fired a red beam of laser towards Grovyle which materialized him to energy before the Ball sucked him in.

"Alright, we're going now. You can come if you want," Bruce shouted as he ran off towards the entrance and will head for the Pokémon Center. Once there, he will explain what happened and hope that they will be able to heal them both back to perfect health.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSat Nov 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Nurse Joy was in, mercifully, as she always was and always will be. She turned and looked at Bruce and the Dratini in his arms. "Lazette?" She asked with evident surprise in her face.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSat Nov 02, 2013 5:45 pm

"Huh? You know each other? Whatever, let's please cut the chitchat. I seriously need my Grovyle healed. And Dratini. Mix some of my friends as well," Bruce replied as he carefully placed Dratini on the counter followed by his Poké Balls one by one.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSun Nov 03, 2013 1:36 pm

"Oh yes. Lazette is literally the local pet here. Born and brought up here. We all drop over from time to time. Wouldn't have thought she found a trainer." She frowned, misinterpreting it all. She quickly cradled the Dratini and plucked the pokeballs up and disappeared. Moments later she came back and deposited Lazette and all his pokeballs except for one.

"Lazette, you know better!" She tapped the Dratini on her nose. "Your Grovyle appears to be injured. We can fix it, but it will take time." She bowed and walked back to the treatment room.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSun Nov 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Bruce wanted to explain to the nurse that what she thought was wrong but the nurse just moves so fast and busy. "At least, she's working hard," thought Bruce. She smiled at Dratini, or Lazette as Bruce pinned all his Poke Balls back to his belt. Then, he would try to grab Dratini, find a seat, sit and wait for Grovyle's operation. "Eh, I see. I'm sorry. I didn't knew you were the local pet here. I feel so ashamed, eh, well, don't worry. I don't blame you for what happened to Grovyle. I actually owe you for helping him. So, well... Operation on injuries should be free as well I guess. Eh, how you feel now?"
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zSun Nov 03, 2013 3:43 pm

Dratini listened attentively, then slithered off to a seat, curled up and fell asleep.

(Time skip~ Yes, I switched back to my short posts :3 Maybe I'll occasionally switch to long posts.)

Nurse Joy stepped out with a pokeball in her hands. She gazed at the falling twilight for a moment, then headed over to Bruce, pausing only to smile at the snoozing Dratini. "Here's your Grovyle. Hope to see you again~" She smiled sweetly and started to head back, but suddenly turned, to be met with the sight of Dragonair and Dragonite trying to squeeze into the Centre.

"No! Out!" She barked. The two pokemon stopped and apologetically retreated. She scooped Dratini up and headed for the door.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zMon Nov 04, 2013 8:07 am

OOC: Eh, it's okay. I won't really be able to keep up with your long ones anymore. I'm a mod now, so yeah. Ya know, time is cheeseburger. Yeah, well, it's "time is gold" but cheeseburger is also the exact same thing as gold. :3

"Hey, no need to be so mean, beautiful. That's Lazette's parents," Bruce interrupted. "Anyway, your child's safe, mister Dragonite. I didn't kidnap her or something. Eh, just kidding. Well then, I suck at words but it's a good thing to have met your family. Sadly, I'd like to find another foe. We can finish that fight as a draw. Hope to see you again, Lazette! I hope whoever captures you in the future will take good care of you," Bruce said and turned to the nurse. "So did you heal him perfectly," he asked and tapped Grovyle's Poke Ball. Out comes the Grass type. He looks...
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zMon Nov 04, 2013 11:35 am

(:3)

Perfectly fine. Nurse Joy had managed to patch up his eye beautifully. It was all a job of stitching up a small wound that Lazette had made.

Outside, dusk had fallen. The pitch darkness complimented the star-spangled night sky as the last rays of the sun gave a parting peep over the horizon and then slipped past. A cold, chilling mist settled over the island as a cool sea breeze blew. Pokemon settled in for the night as a single Hoothoot monotonously chirped. A Pidove fluffed it's wings as a Furret scouted for any of it's companions that may have been left behind. Satisfied, it disappeared into it's burrow.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zMon Nov 04, 2013 1:08 pm

OOC: Yeah, party now and wow me with your long posts all you want, kiddo. Wait, "patch up his eye". You mean, he only has one eye working for the rest of his life? If so... ARRR!!! Pirate Grovyle FTW!!! ARRR!!! :P

"Grovyle... I'm happy to see you recovered. Well, see, you only have one eye now. At least the nurse healed it," said Bruce feeling sad for his buddy. Back when Grovyle was a wee Treecko, they were the best of friends anyway. If bikers go round the alleys beating up hooligans then Bruce and Treecko would be walking round routes pwning every single one that dares challenge them. Well, that one eye cyclops of a Grovyle will just have to get used to it.

Grovyle smirked and just replied with a joke, "Cyclops Grovyle. For the win."

Sadness and disappointment can be heard from his voice. But he's obviously trying to hide it. They both know that. "Eh, nurse, how about an eye transplant? Think we can do that," Bruce consulted.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue Nov 05, 2013 5:40 am

Nurse Joy looked at him sternly. "Now then, you're having delusions. It was only a small cut above his eye. I stitched it up and put a patch there so it doesn't get infected. It can be removed in a couple of days." Sge walked back, then turned. "That eye will be good as new. Don't worry about your Grovyle." She smiled, bowed, and disappeared.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue Nov 05, 2013 5:53 am

Grovyle smiled when he noticed Bruce's face turn red from that embarrassment. Bruce just realized how overreacting he was. "Erm, forget it! You're healed now, that's it! End of story," Bruce said. Something Grovyle understood and just chuckled. "Er, well... I'd take you for a break until your cute wound's healed. Don't worry, pal, you'll be okay soon. That's what she said. No pun."

The night comes close and the sudden feeling of boredom just stroke Bruce. "Eh... Too dark and too bored. Let's hit the sack and call it a day, eh," Bruce asks. Grovyle agrees to it and sits down. "Well... Been heck of a day. Didn't really make much progress. I swear, I'm sick of this island and all of it. But that Lazette was cute though. Wish I can see her someday when I become the champion. Anyway, want a candy? I mean... RARE Candy?"

Grovyle's eyes widened and he immediately jumped up. The taste of a Rare Candy and the power that surges through the veins is addicting. It's like drugs for Pokemon. Steroids.

"Okay, you all come on out, losers," Bruce jokes as he taps all his Poke Ball one by one. Each unleashing a red beam of laser which all released his Pokemon. "You guys look healthy. See, we be calling it a day. 'Kay," Bruce explained. They all agreed but Squirtle. "Come now, Squirtle, there's always tomorrow, champ. Well, thing is, your friend Grovyle injured his eye. Nurse said he should be fine in a few days. So, yeah. In the mean time, we'll rent a room in here to spend the night. Enjoy your rest, warriors. Before that, let's give you treats."

Bruce smiled as he took off his backpack and put it on a chair. "DANG! When was the last time I took this bag off... I like that feeling of taking a bag off your back... Anyway..."

He unzips the bag and takes out 10 Rare Candies. All the Pokemon smile and growl in joy and excitement upon seeing it. "I don't really know where this came from. The admins gave me this."

'Admins'? The Pokemon were confused. But, let's let that pass.

"Erm, nevermind. Anarchy and Flame are gonna screw me but oh well. Have some candies. Squirtle, time for you to evolve."

Squirtle eats a Rare Candy.

"Take one Monferno."

"And you... And you."

"You."

So after the distribution was made... Here's the summarized of who ate how many:

Squirtle ate one.
Monferno ate one.

Eight candies left.

Grovyle, Squirtle, Monferno each ate another twos.

Two candies left.

"Two candiest left. Let's save those up for our future team member."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue Nov 05, 2013 6:58 am

Squirtle grew by three levels!
Monferno grew by three levels!
Grovyle grew by two levels!

(Tell me if I made a mistake.)

Squirtle is now level 18!
Squirtle learnt Bite!
Monferno is now level 18!
Monferno learnt Fury Swipes!
Grovyle is now level 18!

(You can evolve your Squirtle. Would you like to?)
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue Nov 05, 2013 7:42 am

OOC: Shell yeah, I'd like it to! Hey, don't forget to edit my app, 'kay?
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue Nov 05, 2013 11:13 am

(Sorry, my account timed out just as I was going to edit it. I'll do it now.)

A dazzling white light enveloped Squirtle as it grew significantly in size and bulk. Large feathery appendages sprouted at the sides of it's head as it's tail grew fluffier and more luxuriant. Two small fangs protruded from each side of it's mouth as the light slowly subsided, revealing it's new, evolved form.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue Nov 05, 2013 12:09 pm

OOC: Flame, as soon as I became a mod I'm pretty sure I've shoved a lot of weight off your back. So, what I'm saying is, you probably can take another topic? If you can't, it's completely understandable. Here. Thank you very much for everything. Oh, one last thing. Really. Ring me up on the shop. I need the item I bought there to get another Pokeymanz. Thanks a real lot! Anyway, is Twilight Yuri even playing at all?

IIC: Bruce and the other Pokemon watched the evolution of Squirtle. The Pokemon altogether congratulated him. "Well, nice. I'm going to miss the cute Squirtle. But alright, you're just an evolution away from becoming a big bad tank. Okay, let's go up and get us a room. It's a little bit early to sleep so you can play if you want. I'm going to sleep as soon as I see a bed. Don't stay up to 10 PM."

A few minutes later, they found their room and rested.

The next day.

Bruce and his team left the Pokemon Center after doing all their morning rituals. They're back on the cave again. Who knows if they'd see Lazette again? Or perhaps a Trainer that will try to whoop their backsides? Or a wild Pokemon to be beaten? Who knows.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained   Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained - Page 4 H6Q0F8z

Bruce Mathers: Chapter 9: Spirit Regained
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next