HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Editing Approved Characters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Bryan
Bryan

Editing Approved Characters Empty
PostSubject: Editing Approved Characters   Editing Approved Characters H6Q0F8zWed Aug 07, 2013 11:27 am

This repetitious suggestion of mine is probably being a pain in the ass of the staff. However, this isn't even my final form yet! I have another idea! Last time, you guys said that it could lead to cheat (obviously, that's possible.) So how about this, you guys start an official thread for those who wants their app edited. Like they fill it out: which character to edit, what sections would they edit, screenshot/copy-pasted cheat-able sections of the original app before editing (level, items, etc.) and reason why. I'd also suggest a minimum number of users and characters to request per day so it won't be too hard and chaotic for the staff.

In that way, the staff will be able to monitor the changes and whether or not the user cheated. Because, come on. Look at the apps, they can be visually improved. Like, changing the picture to a better one (has to be the same face claim and realistic change in the body build if ever), improving the grammar and wording (without changing what it originally meant), etc.

PS: It's a three-two vote in favor of "yes."

Also, "Look, I'm a mod on a few sites, and yes, maybe it's some extra work, but really, if a mod forgets to add a Pokemon, its level, or a trainer's money, and the user forgets, then remembers later, what happens? They leave, they tell their friends the place sucks, we don't get anyone else as the matter spreads through real life and the internet. Would you rather have no new members or would you rather let people change their own trainers? That's the question. I know from experience. Maybe it's possible to cheat, but I know a few people on this site well enough to know they ain't cheaters. I doubt anyone would cheat anyway. I vote yes, though the poll was closed. Just give it a small something like 1 week trial, if something happens or someone cheats, then I could understand you removing their right to change it. But just give it one chance. Seriously. I killed my fingers typing trial and error messages doing this. e-e" - Biyomon

I owe you one, Biyomon.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Editing Approved Characters   Editing Approved Characters H6Q0F8zWed Aug 07, 2013 2:26 pm

You know you can simply ask a Mod to change something if you needed it. I've done it several times when someone's asked me, things like updating their trainer picture or extending their history with more text provided. Frankly, the members don't have to be the ones who edit it in, the Mods can do it just as easily without having to shuffle permissions for a single user around any time they want something changed. And from what I see, almost every RP forum doesn't allow members this, and for a reason. Sure, there's a lot of honest people, but what you listed seems like a huge effort for a member that could easily just be asked of a Mod to edit. As for no new members, well, we seem to be getting a bunch of them, and if they forget something, we usually remind them of it on their trainer app before approval, so there's little chance of them leaving because of it. If they did miss something, again, it's easily added back by a Mod if they request it. I still vote no.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Editing Approved Characters   Editing Approved Characters H6Q0F8zWed Aug 07, 2013 6:16 pm

^ This.

Look, here's the way I see it. It's not that the staff doesn't trust the members on the site, but it's the impracticality of this idea.

Quote :

Also, "Look, I'm a mod on a few sites, and yes, maybe it's some extra work, but really, if a mod forgets to add a Pokemon, its level, or a trainer's money, and the user forgets, then remembers later, what happens? They leave, they tell their friends the place sucks, we don't get anyone else as the matter spreads through real life and the internet. Would you rather have no new members or would you rather let people change their own trainers? That's the question. I know from experience. Maybe it's possible to cheat, but I know a few people on this site well enough to know they ain't cheaters. I doubt anyone would cheat anyway. I vote yes, though the poll was closed. Just give it a small something like 1 week trial, if something happens or someone cheats, then I could understand you removing their right to change it. But just give it one chance. Seriously. I killed my fingers typing trial and error messages doing this. e-e" - Biyomon

No. This is possible one of the worst arguments I've ever seen for something, but points for trying to give a reason. Of all the moderating I've seen done here, the staff have always added the Pokemon into the application. Why do you think you need a link to your applications in your signature? So we have quick access to the character we're moderating for. And for fucks sake, you bring up such a thing so why the hell are you still here if you've seen this thing before Biyomon?

_____

As for this idea in general, if you are having such an issue with the staff, we can make a request forum under the Creations section where you can provide exactly what you want edited in, be in additions to the history, a new character image, etc. Hell, we all have Private Message boxes that you can message too. But you have to remember that we all live our own lives, no matter how dedicated we are to the site. Because just as fallible as the staff can be, the members are just the same. You can all forget things just as we.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Editing Approved Characters   Editing Approved Characters H6Q0F8zThu Aug 08, 2013 5:00 am

Fennekin, the thing is, sometimes they don't get it so I'm like embarrassed to tell them what they did is not what I wanted it to be, I'm shy to ask again so I just leave it like that. But maybe a copy-paste version of sorts would make things simpler and easier.

I prefer your "request section" idea. What about that, Noize?

Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Editing Approved Characters   Editing Approved Characters H6Q0F8zThu Aug 08, 2013 5:10 am

I'd comment on the fact that right now I'm not even unvolved in this, but knowing people here, I'd get banned for 3 months again. Leave me out of what I'm in, and I won't say anything.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Editing Approved Characters   Editing Approved Characters H6Q0F8zThu Aug 08, 2013 5:17 am

Come now, don't assume things negatively, man.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Editing Approved Characters   Editing Approved Characters H6Q0F8zThu Aug 08, 2013 5:23 am

The last time I was banned it was 3 months for, and I quote, "Things built up", and no more specifics. I'd still like to know EXACTLY what, but this isn't the place for that. And when staff get problems with me on forums, they look for the smallest things I do that break the rules. I don't know who on the staff does and doesn't have something against me, so I won't be taking chances right now.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Editing Approved Characters   Editing Approved Characters H6Q0F8zFri Aug 09, 2013 1:05 pm

Eh, so what you want me to do?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Editing Approved Characters   Editing Approved Characters H6Q0F8z

Editing Approved Characters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1