HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Piled Characters Suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Piled Characters Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Piled Characters Suggestion   Piled Characters Suggestion H6Q0F8zThu Jun 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Hey I'd like to suggest something about Trainer Creation. I've seen those piled up "left in the dust" applications out there. I'd like to suggest that once someone makes a character and puts it on "WIP", staff gives them at least one week to finish it and ask them whether they will finish it or not. If they don't respond, it be deleted to avoid piled ups. If they say they're finishing it, another week is given but if they fail to finish it, then delete it. If a Trainer Application is done and either nobody notices it or the creator don't do the required things a mod says in order to get approved like, "More personality". A week will be given as well and the same thing happens. So that there will be no piled ups in there and as a secondary suggestion, maybe you guys can delete the piled Trainer Apps out there. Thanks for hearing it out.
Syco
Syco

PostSubject: Re: Piled Characters Suggestion   Piled Characters Suggestion H6Q0F8zThu Jun 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Yeah, something like that should be done, but in my opinion not delete the applications. It can be really frustrating if someone writes up a huge amount of text, then suddenly something happens without warning and can't come into comp for a long time and char will be lost.

I personally would suggest an Archive of some sort where all such applications would be put.

Btw since I was too lazy to create another topic gonna add just something little related.
I would suggest an activity check of some sort, where over a week or 2 weeks of time people would post all their characters who they role play with, so completely inactive characters could be removed from the approved characters section into Archive. Then the approved characters section would look neater and not so piled up.

PostSubject: Re: Piled Characters Suggestion   Piled Characters Suggestion H6Q0F8zThu Jun 07, 2012 6:06 pm

This "archive" thing has just been suggested by Ellis and yeah, I like your addition Syco.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Piled Characters Suggestion   Piled Characters Suggestion H6Q0F8zThu Jun 07, 2012 8:20 pm

Well, I don't often go into great detail smong things, but a suggestion doesn't need to be detailed. If the staff wish to have seperate sections within the Archive, than that is their descision.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Piled Characters Suggestion   Piled Characters Suggestion H6Q0F8zThu Jun 07, 2012 9:52 pm

I already do that, it's just I don't commonly get around to doing it... so yeah. Also, I've been grounded to phone only. Not that I got in trouble, I mean that I lost internet so I have to stick to using my phone for now. It's a killer when trying to post, especially when it crashes, so I may not get around to it anyway. I'll try to start getting to those applications once the computer is back. :3
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Piled Characters Suggestion   Piled Characters Suggestion H6Q0F8zFri Jun 08, 2012 7:43 am

Something like this already came up among the staff, though I don't know what happened to it...

PostSubject: Re: Piled Characters Suggestion   Piled Characters Suggestion H6Q0F8zFri Jun 08, 2012 8:07 am

Guess it's time to bring it back. :)
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piled Characters Suggestion   Piled Characters Suggestion H6Q0F8z

Piled Characters Suggestion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1