HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More active characters or no retired

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
break994
break994

More active characters or no retired Empty
PostSubject: More active characters or no retired   More active characters or no retired H6Q0F8zTue Jun 25, 2013 8:45 am

There's got to be one thing that really annoys me and that is having a limit in the amount of characters were allowed to post with at once and I know this creates more work for miss but we have enough staff for this to work if you don't think that then hire more staff.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: More active characters or no retired   More active characters or no retired H6Q0F8zTue Jun 25, 2013 11:00 am

"Enough staff"... How 'bout no?
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: More active characters or no retired   More active characters or no retired H6Q0F8zTue Jun 25, 2013 12:58 pm

I'm glad that you liked the idea of having infinite characters, but ultimately, having an infinite amount of characters that can be posted with is a bit off a nuisance, as most of the staff agreed. With an infinite number of characters, sure, it made more posting occur, but it also made a lot of staff members work really hard. I remember modding two or three characters of the same person, and there were other occurrences of this in the staff. What made it worse was that if all those characters didn't get modded, if I remember right, there was a complaint. Not only this, but if there is an infinite amount allowed, then the staff may not even do their jobs as effectively, as they may have more characters that they post for that belong to them than for their actual duties.

Not only that, but not everyone is fit for the job of being a staff member. There are times where you could hire someone, and then they would immediately disappear for days, or possibly even weeks. Not only this, but some people would throw a fit and get into plenty of arguments with other members, and possibly wouldn't even know what they're doing as a staff member. So to the extent of hiring more staff members, suggestions are open for that, but it's not guaranteed to occur [in my opinion, at least. I'm not the entire staff, who do have suggestions for other staffy members that I would like to know about o3o]

To Shadow and Atlas, if you have a beef with the modding that is going on right now, you can take it up with the Mod Me forum, which I have not seen a post in for either of you in a bit. Shadow, your last one was a few days ago, and that got answered. As for you Atlas, your last one was in April... And it got answered. Please don't say anything about the staff when there are other options you haven't taken...
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: More active characters or no retired   More active characters or no retired H6Q0F8zTue Jun 25, 2013 1:14 pm

Yes, mine got modded just a few days ago. Even so, I don't speak for myself (only) now, not anymore. I can still see an inactivity, Matt. I don't have beef or any hatred whatsoever towards the staff members. Know that suggesting and complaining can sometimes look like twins. And you know me. If I have beef, I settle it right away - my way.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: More active characters or no retired   More active characters or no retired H6Q0F8zTue Jun 25, 2013 1:17 pm

I didn't assume anywhere in my post that you were complaining, now did I? Also, because you're topic was modded just recently, and there is no other evidence to support your claim, then I consider your statement invalid. As for your post, that is a bit debatable if it's complaining or suggestion, or just another post with your view on things [cause I don't classify things when it gets that difficult ~o2o~]
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: More active characters or no retired   More active characters or no retired H6Q0F8zTue Jun 25, 2013 1:30 pm

It doesn't happen everyday. I know I'm hard to understand but what I mean is there shouldn't be inactivity or delays. I know mods have lives; I know that. I'm not saying they're slaves.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: More active characters or no retired   More active characters or no retired H6Q0F8zTue Jun 25, 2013 2:12 pm

Vordred wrote:
mods never post with me, i got 3 posts from flamelunar, she left. i got three posts from markj, he stopped posting. with one topic. if i cant progress with one character, i wouldnt be able to if every body had 7 chars.

As I said Atlas, you have options of going to the Mod Me section and posting there. You even have the option to personally message them and request your topic be modded. If you have further things you want to state that do not pertain to this topic, please drop me a message or start a new topic [if appropriate for this subject, though Mod Me is a good place to post in my opinion].
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: More active characters or no retired   More active characters or no retired H6Q0F8zTue Jun 25, 2013 3:25 pm

This was solved on Matt's first post, there shouldn't have been anything else to say. The staff volunteer their time to come on here. If things get busy for them irl or something come up, they have a reasonable excuse to drop whatever they're doing and attend to it. I don't know what staff are allowed to moderate or not, but when I first came back I got into a conversation with EmpoleonZach over the creations area and some of the things there not being modded. I can't remember what he said and I'm not going to put words into his mouth. If you feel there is an issue with moderation I'm' sure you can ask the staff to discuss it amongst themselves.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More active characters or no retired   More active characters or no retired H6Q0F8z

More active characters or no retired
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1