HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Real-life Contest Suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Bryan
Bryan

Real-life Contest Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Real-life Contest Suggestion   Real-life Contest Suggestion H6Q0F8zFri Jun 14, 2013 2:32 pm

So yeah, I suck at describing and being proper. >.>

I was thinking of a real-life contest thing. Say, the admins will think of something the members can do. Like, draw a mountain with a tree on top and whoever can draw the best will win (scanner required though). And those who didn't join will judge who did the best. Not just drawing, there can also be other contests. Say, hunt for a funny pic and people will vote who has the funniest funny pic or have a screenshot of their desktop and vote who has the coolest or something like that.

The winner will get different rewards.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Starrunner
Arceus +
Starrunner
Arceus +

PostSubject: Re: Real-life Contest Suggestion   Real-life Contest Suggestion H6Q0F8zFri Jun 21, 2013 9:38 pm

O I like the idea.

I approve
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Real-life Contest Suggestion   Real-life Contest Suggestion H6Q0F8zSat Jun 22, 2013 10:51 am

Buuut it has nothing to do with pokemanz
Starrunner
Arceus +
Starrunner
Arceus +

PostSubject: Re: Real-life Contest Suggestion   Real-life Contest Suggestion H6Q0F8zSat Jun 22, 2013 12:17 pm

It is off topic event Nightmare :P
MrJaffa
MrJaffa

PostSubject: Re: Real-life Contest Suggestion   Real-life Contest Suggestion H6Q0F8zSat Jun 22, 2013 1:44 pm

Jaffa gives the thumbs up. Sounds like great fun.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Real-life Contest Suggestion   Real-life Contest Suggestion H6Q0F8zSat Jun 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Hell ******* yeah! The first suggestion from me that has been accepted.

Nightmare, it is about Pokemon but not about Pokemon. I mean, you do things that are not Pokemon related. If you win, you get a prize that your chosen character can use. That's the Pokemon part.

Wait what off-topic did you mean? You mean, not in-game?
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Real-life Contest Suggestion   Real-life Contest Suggestion H6Q0F8zWed Aug 07, 2013 6:37 pm

Oh god I can't believe I've seen this agreed to so hastily. It's like people don't think something over sometimes. Anyway, I'd like to comment on this. I'm not entirely against this, but awarding a prize for simply one type of art is somewhat unfair. Not everyone's artistic talents lies in drawing or painting, some are better at writing, some can work with iron and steel to create magnificent artworks, and there are many other things. Like cosplaying for example.

You can't take one and assume everyone is going to want to do that. Categorizing the entry projects by what they are, like short stories, poetry, sketch, etc. It's much more fair, and gives people a broader term of what might place them as a winner.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Real-life Contest Suggestion   Real-life Contest Suggestion H6Q0F8zWed Aug 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Oh Atlas, it's clear you didn't read what I wrote, and if you did, you certainly didn't understand it.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Real-life Contest Suggestion   Real-life Contest Suggestion H6Q0F8zWed Aug 07, 2013 6:56 pm

You still haven't gotten my point Atlas.
break994
break994

PostSubject: Re: Real-life Contest Suggestion   Real-life Contest Suggestion H6Q0F8zWed Aug 07, 2013 8:58 pm

Atls please accept when you are in the wrong I like the idea but I agree with Noize.
Perhaps instead of a certain thing what about a theme or prompt that would mean people could do whatever they liked to enter the contest but had to stick to the theme.
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator
Location : Definitely not in the cupboard... what i said not in the cupboard go away!

PostSubject: Re: Real-life Contest Suggestion   Real-life Contest Suggestion H6Q0F8zWed Aug 07, 2013 10:00 pm

To suit what everyone says, I got an idea:

- Come up with a topic/idea in general for use in the contest
- Then, let people do something related to the topic/idea for example, some may draw, some may write, some may do something else.
- Following this you come up with a winner either from each category or overall and then, award them said prize/prizes.

Thoughts? (There's always something wrong with every idea but, if it can be realized then it can be fixed/integrated into the idea)
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Real-life Contest Suggestion   Real-life Contest Suggestion H6Q0F8zWed Aug 07, 2013 10:10 pm

Mark and Break get it.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Real-life Contest Suggestion   Real-life Contest Suggestion H6Q0F8zThu Aug 08, 2013 5:09 am

Noize, thanks for making me realize that. Mark, damn man, I'm impressed. I like your better idea, fella. Atlas, your argument is invalid. Break, all hail you. So, Noize, are you guys gonna start running this suggestion's wheels officially?
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Real-life Contest Suggestion   Real-life Contest Suggestion H6Q0F8zThu Aug 08, 2013 5:55 am

I hope not. I'm not the kind of personality for customer service.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Real-life Contest Suggestion   Real-life Contest Suggestion H6Q0F8zFri Aug 09, 2013 1:20 pm

Um, okay. So, what now? Suggestion accepted or not?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real-life Contest Suggestion   Real-life Contest Suggestion H6Q0F8z

Real-life Contest Suggestion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1