HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Notes Widget

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Bryan
Bryan

Notes Widget Empty
PostSubject: Notes Widget   Notes Widget H6Q0F8zTue Feb 19, 2013 4:50 pm

I would like to suggest a "notes widget" that can be used by each member. It would allow them to save notes to remind them of something and stuff like that. It should still be there the next time they log-in. Each member's notes should only be viewable by himself. What do you think?
Ai
Ai

Notes Widget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Notes Widget   Notes Widget H6Q0F8zTue Feb 19, 2013 5:25 pm

I love the idea. I'd deffineltely agree, however there is a limit to how advanced our staff's coding can get. But I guess you'd be surpirised at what our coders could do. If it's possible for coders on the site then yes I support the idea.
Spark

Notes Widget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Notes Widget   Notes Widget H6Q0F8zTue Feb 19, 2013 6:25 pm

I doubt it would be impossible, even if it would be difficult. And I could see uses for such a widget. I support this idea, hopefully it is realized in the future.
Ai
Ai

Notes Widget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Notes Widget   Notes Widget H6Q0F8zTue Feb 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Not impossible but we don't have specific coders here, no one is really an expert, although some are very good. I'm just saying, unless someone has already invented a tutorial I don't know if our staff would be able to make a thing. I would be easy to create a box to type in, but saving it and then keeping it forever is the part I'm worried about. It could also get laggy, with all our members messages all saved at one time. But I think a regilar textbox would be handy, and if they are able to pull this off then ever better.
Bryan
Bryan

Notes Widget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Notes Widget   Notes Widget H6Q0F8zWed Feb 20, 2013 10:34 am

Google probably has whatever it is the admins need in order to create such a widget. I've seen a widget like that in another Pokémon RPF before. Though theirs can be seen by others but I would like it to be viewable only to ourselves for some privacy. I'm glad you liked my suggestion.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Ai
Ai

Notes Widget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Notes Widget   Notes Widget H6Q0F8zThu Feb 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Well if you've seen it before then there probably is a tutorial. I deffinetely think this a fantastic idea though.
Bryan
Bryan

Notes Widget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Notes Widget   Notes Widget H6Q0F8zFri Feb 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Good. We all just have to wait for an admin to hear this out.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Notes Widget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Notes Widget   Notes Widget H6Q0F8zWed Aug 07, 2013 6:41 pm

If any of you use Google Chrome, I would ask that you use Google Drive. It's a notepad thing on Google Chrome pretty much that saves what you're working on and some work can be shared between people. If you don't use Google Chrome, it's you're loss. I'm not talking the staff into using something from Google, when not all of the site browse the web with Google.
Bryan
Bryan

Notes Widget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Notes Widget   Notes Widget H6Q0F8zThu Aug 08, 2013 5:11 am

Exactly, what you said, Noize. However the things is that's unfair for those who don't. It's like "Okay, what now" for those who don't use Google Chrome.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Notes Widget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Notes Widget   Notes Widget H6Q0F8zThu Aug 08, 2013 5:56 am

I didn't use it and I don't. I use the Notepad that came on my laptop.
Bryan
Bryan

Notes Widget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Notes Widget   Notes Widget H6Q0F8zFri Aug 09, 2013 1:20 pm

The point is to have it upon accessing your account here. I do know we can use Notepad but again, the uses of it is to remind us of stuff. Like a "to-do list" of sorts, etc. Sure, you can save a Notepad on your desktop and name it "READ ME" but there are people who don't have their own gadget to access this site and save stuff like that.
Sponsored content

Notes Widget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Notes Widget   Notes Widget H6Q0F8z

Notes Widget
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1