HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Down by the bay(Open to all who want)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zMon Jun 17, 2013 3:30 am

"Huh..."  Jonathon said, sitting up.  He looked down and found his bag on the floor next to him. He opened it up and let Mist out of her pokeball.  "We made it Mist...I hope."  He said, looking down at Evangaline.  Carefully, he got up of bed trying to not disturb the absol.  He grabbed his bag and walked to the door, checking for the gun in his pocket.  He slowly opened the door and went into the other room.  "Summer?"  He asked as he went out of the bed room.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zWed Jun 19, 2013 7:04 pm

There was the noise of sizzling, cooking food in a kitchen down the hall. Whoever was cooking didn't seem to have noticed Jonathon's call over the noise of the kitchen. The delectable smell of bacon, eggs, toast, and hash brown wafted through the air, whoever was cooking wasn't cooking for just one. They were whistling a happy tune as they did, and there seemed to be no sort of threat in the house.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zWed Jun 19, 2013 7:43 pm

Jonathon was going to call again, but the smell was too much.  He couldn't resist.  The scent of fresh cooked breakfast was too much.  He began to follow it through the house.  He eventually got to the kitchen, or at least, what he thought was the kitchen.  The smell was strongest in this area.  "Hello?"  He asked again, opening another door to look for the chef.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Jul 09, 2013 12:45 am

A pair of light and cheery eyes glanced at Jonathon from below an over-sized chef's hat. Smiling, Summer covered the pan's sizzling content and stepped back from the stove. Evangeline pushed her way past Jonathon quite suddenly and silently, and pounced on Summer, enthusiastically licking her face as she pinned the poor girl to the ground.

"Hey sleepyheads," she laughed, pushing Evangeline off of her gently.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Jul 09, 2013 1:19 am

Jonathon was surprised to see Evangaline acting like that. "I've never seen her be that friendly." He said, shock in his voice, then he remembered his task. "Wait. You must be summer. Magnus told me about you. He said...He told me to say...Uh...I think it was..." Jonathon closed his eyes trying to remember. Some shred of aura came to him. He heard Magnus's voice and spoke the words at the same time. The message he was supposed to bring. "Frosten fortsetter å vokse"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 10, 2013 2:43 am

"Og bare Sommeren kan roe det," Summer replied slyly, her cheery facade calmed and melted into the true thing. "So you've seen Magnus," she said thoughtfully, "I haven't heard from him in a while, I'd have thought he got himself into some sort of trouble. If it's not too much to ask, why did he send you here?" She patted Evangeline's coarse fur and stirred the cooking breakfast. "Food will be ready soon, I'd assume you're hungry."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 10, 2013 3:21 am

Jonathon mentally groaned at the fact that there was more foreign phrases he didn't understand being thrown around. "Well. I haven't really seen Magnus. I'm an aura trainer, I managed to contact him with something...Actually, I should start at the beginning. It all started when this dragonite gave me a note from him. That led me to the lab which led me to Evangaline which led me to a computer. Then this man with a shiny charizard found me and forced me to work with him. The man gave me a..." Jonathon closed his eye. Although it was not to long ago, so much had happened that it was hard to just remember. "...He gave me a picture. Said it was precious. There was enough aura on it that I managed to contact Magnus. He told me that phrase I just told you. He said you could maybe find him. Then I lost contact." Jonathon looked into Summer's eyes. "There's a lot of stuff going on I don't know and I think I'm too far involved to turn back. On the way here...someone was killed, left on the beach to die. There was a note and this." Jonathon pulled the gun from his pocket. "The dead man was over taken by some dark aura, according the note. Please, I want to know what I've gotten myself into here. What can you tell me Summer?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 11, 2013 1:58 am

Summer's smile turned into...something less. It pulled down into a flat, unreadable expression, but not far enough down to become a frown. "So he has a part to play in this too," she muttered to himself, "Arceus knows why he decided to show his face, though he must have known you wouldn't know him." She shook her head, the thoughts continuing silently within the privacy of her mind. She sighed.

"To be honest with you, there isn't much for me to tell," she chuckled, but without any humor within it, "I was almost always left in the dark of things myself, oh the bane of being the younger sibling." She turned the cook top off and dished up Jonathon and herself, throwing leftover scraps to Evangeline. "The thought of dark aura reminds me of, er, the man with the Charizard...though something like that isn't his handiwork. Allowing you to reach me, however, is. I'm taking it under good reasoning that he's the one that killed the man and left the gun." She rubbed her hand across her forehead in worry, "and he'll obviously come showing up at my door any time. He knows I'm here. Don't feel bad for leading him, he can be useful for now, and we can plan easier with him, he does make the sliest plans at times, like a serpent."

Suddenly, she grabbed a Pokeball from her belt and tossed it into the air. Out from it burst a lazy looking Venusaur with an intricate, golden flower perched atop its back. "Go welcome our shadowy guest," she commanded, "bring him in, no need to be gentle." The great Pokemon nodded, and lumbered out the door, opening it with a flick of a vine.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 11, 2013 2:13 am

Mist floated into the room and looked concernedly over Jonathon's shoulder. The trainer was trying to eat the food, but couldn't. So much was going on, both in his mind and around him. He felt something rub against his leg and looked down to see that Dawn had gotten out of her pokeball. Darwin was there too, standing by, staring out at the ocean. "Summer. You said you were the youngest. Are you saying that you, and Magnus, and the man with the shiny charizard are all related?" He asked her, starting to put pieces together in his mind.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 17, 2013 3:34 am

Summer smiled a bit sadly as she gazed into the distance, bringing up memories of her past. "You could say that," she breathed, "we aren't related but we grew up together. Each of us were taken from our homes at a young age and sent to a 'home' because we were different. It was mostly for scientists to study our attributes, and it wasn't an entirely dreadful place."

"That's your opinion," a voice muttered from the front room. The man Jonathon had encountered before stepped into the room and eyed both occupants with interest. He cocked his head to the side, seemingly recalling the same memories Summer had. "If you behaved like their little brainwashed subjects, I'm sure life would have been easier," he scoffed, "I on the other hand found it a dreadful little hell. Now our story is heartwarming and will sure make a good campfire chat, but we have more important things, do we not?"

Summer gave an exasperated sigh, but nodded. "Yes. Magnus. Whatever trouble he's found himself into, it's big this time." She turned to Jonathon. "You say he visited his lab? Did he leave any clues as to who took him or why? We need to know what we're up against." The man nodded, his face was expressionless but he turned toward Jonathon as well, waiting for him to say something.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 17, 2013 3:44 am

"Wait, I think I might have something." Jonathon said as he began to search his person. "I do still have it!" He said, pulling a scrap of paper out of his shirt. "This is a note I found a while back, when I first went to Magnus's lab. There's not much there but he does talk about a group called Black Shadow." He said, putting the note on the table. "So much has happened since I got it, I sort of forgot I had it. Sorry..."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 17, 2013 4:06 am

"That's fine," Summer encouraged, "what matters is that you remembered it now," she took the note gingerly from Jonathon's hand and read it once over. Then again. After that, she grudgingly placed it into the man's outstretched palm, and he read it. He raised an eyebrow toward Summer, and she shook her head slightly.

"I don't think either of us has heard of them," she sighed in frustration, "Magnus must have purposefully not mentioned them, I knew he was up to something!"

"When is he not?" the man said with a sly smirk, but worry crept across his face and he began pacing. "Do you still have the means of tracking his location?" he asked Summer, and she nodded.

"But he told me that yo-" she started before he interrupted her.

"Now isn't the time to listen to childish grudges. We have a similar goal at the moment, and it would be wise to pool our resources." Summer paused then finally nodded in agreement.

"I'll go get it," she said, walking deeper into the house to retrieve something. Evangeline growled at the man, but followed close behind Summer.

"So," the man said to Jonathon once Summer was out of the room, "it's been far too long, boy, did you miss me?" Amusement flooded his features as he awaited Jonathon's reply.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 17, 2013 4:11 am

Jonathon gulped. He was alone with the man again. "You killed him. Didn't you. Whether or not he was tailing me or not, you shot a man and left me the weapon." Jonathon put his hand on the weapon in his pocket. "What do you want from me. You obviously have your own agenda." The trainer could feel his aura becoming an angry red. "What do you want from me? I don't even know your name and you know all about me. I want at least a few answers."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zSat Jul 20, 2013 7:34 pm

"I needed to find Summer, and I couldn't very well do that with you dead. Trust me, if it weren't for me, you wouldn't be here. It may have been something you wouldn't have done, but I would. As for wanting something from you," the man grinned, but as if he were baring his teeth, "what makes you think I want anything to do with you now?" He glanced over to the food, now cold on the pan, and he sighed. "How sad, not even invited to breakfast."

It seemed he wasn't going to offer much more up, and Summer still hadn't returned.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zSat Jul 20, 2013 8:32 pm

"You weren't around and we weren't suspecting more company." Jonathon said, not taking his eyes off the man. "Plus, I doubt summer would feed you. She's not too fond of you it seems. Let me guess, you were the mean one out of the trio. Magnus and Summer got along fine and you were just the third wheel, am I right?" Jonathon said, all of it spurred on by a mix of adrenaline and bravado. His aura showed his fear towards the man though.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Jul 23, 2013 4:29 am

If the man sensed the fear radiating from Jonathon, he didn't comment on it. He seemed to have taken his words not with anger, but with amusement. "I guess you can say that," he said, "in actuality, they're just very good at holding grudges and never offering an ear to the other side of the tale. Every coin has a flip side, boy, but most people tend to pay attention to the side they called, and not the other." He didn't offer up anything more, for Summer reappeared, clutching a chip similar to the one Jonathon used to track Evangeline.

"Did you happen to use one of these to get here?" she asked him, "it's an old sort of GPS, and I don't have mine any more, so if you have one, it'll make things go faster." By the sound of it, she either didn't hear him and the man's conversation or didn't want to comment on it.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Jul 23, 2013 1:46 pm

Jonathon just sighed a little. The man was not going to give him anything. Something was strange about the situation though. He turned to face Summer when she came back in the room. "Oh, yeah. It tracked Evangaline here." Jonathon searched his pockets, finding nothing but the gun. "It's in my bag. I'll get it." Standing up he ran to the bed room and began to dig through his things. Grabbing the GPS he made his way back to the kitchen. "Found it." He said, handing it to Summer.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Jul 23, 2013 2:55 pm

"Thanks," Summer said, taking it from Jonathon. She took the chip Jonathon had used out of it and replaced it with another. Once the system had locked on to the new location, she raised an eyebrow. "Pack your bags everyone," she said, "it looks like we're heading to Sinnoh."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zTue Jul 23, 2013 9:27 pm

"Wait...What?" Jonathon said, shocked. "We're going all the way to Sinnoh. What's in Sinnoh?" He asked, still going to the room and gathering all that he had to him now. His pack and it's contents, the clothes on his back, a handful of pokemon, and a hand gun. That was all he had now. "How are we getting there anyway?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 24, 2013 1:45 am

"Magnus is in Sinnoh," Summer said curtly, placing the GPS on the table with all notions of a meal forgotten. She was about to go pack her own things when the man cleared his throat.

"I'd hate to be the voice of reason here, but shouldn't we come up with a plan? Going off to save him in a blaze of glory will only get us killed."

Summer glared at him. Her face told that she agreed, but it seemed she wasn't about to admit it. "And what's this us?" she hissed, "I want you out of this house and away from me and Jonathon.

He looked as if he were going to protest, but thought better of it. He held his hands out in a sign of peace, and reached into one of his large pockets, withdrawing a Pokeball and tossing it toward Jonathon. "I'll go, but don't say I didn't do anything to help," he nodded toward the Pokeball, "now you have transportation for the boy. I'll expect that Pokemon back once this ordeal is over."

With that, he turned and left the house, his figure disappearing into the horizon atop his Charizard.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 24, 2013 1:48 am

Jonathon caught the pokeball and watched the still nameless man leave. "What happened between the three of you. He made it sound like you and magnus always out ruled him. It seems more personal to you then that though." He said to summer. "So what really happened? And remember, I can read your aura...sort of..."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zFri Jul 26, 2013 4:47 am

Summer's eyes turned a bit sad. "Well, you know we grew up under adoptive scientists. Let's just say Magnus and I were happy there, but for some reason he... wasn't. They always caught him running away and messing with things. Frankly, it would have been better if they would have just thrown him to the curb," she paused and furrowed her brow, hesitant to finish the explanation. "One day... he took things too far. He set the entire lab ablaze in the dead of night and only warned Magnus and I. Who knows h-how many people d-died..." she looked down. "We parted ways after that, neither Magnus nor I could forgive something like that. It's why Magnus chose science as a profession, to honor the memory of those our 'brother' ruthlessly killed."

Her aura would tell that this was the entire truth as Summer had seen it. Still, the man's words silently echoed. Every tale has a flip side...
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zFri Jul 26, 2013 10:03 pm

"Oh..." Jonathon said, not quite sure though. "So, when do we head out. You said we were going to Sinnoh and he gave me...this." Jonathon held up the pokeball. "I have no idea what this is though. Does he even have a name by the way?" He was still very confused.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zMon Jul 29, 2013 5:07 pm

"Yes, everyone has a name. That doesn't mean I enjoy speaking it..." Summer replied, the illusive name just barely jumping from Jonathon's grasp. "And yes. Sinnoh. I'm as surprised as you are, but that's where his chip is, and I highly doubt they've removed it from Magnus." She didn't clarify the statement. "And I believe that Pokemon is most likely something that can fly, since I have one as well, but it's only comfortable with one person. I guess there's only one way to find out." She motioned for him to let the Pokemon out outside.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8zMon Jul 29, 2013 9:39 pm

Jonathon sighed a little as she didn't say the name. "Is he really that bad that you can't even say is name? Did you ever consider a bit of forgiveness?" He said, knowing it wouldn't work at all. Walking outside Jonathon tossed the pokeball into the air a couple times. "Well, let's see what's in this." Pushing the button and tossing out the pokeball.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down by the bay(Open to all who want)   Down by the bay(Open to all who want) - Page 11 H6Q0F8z

Down by the bay(Open to all who want)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next