HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SUGGESTION: Username Modification

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

SUGGESTION: Username Modification Empty
PostSubject: SUGGESTION: Username Modification   SUGGESTION: Username Modification H6Q0F8zWed May 30, 2012 6:06 pm

This suggestion is about username modification. No, you're not gonna change my name. But I suggest that the username modification settings be modified so that normal members (including me) can change our username anytime we want and won't have to ask an admin to do it for us. If the "who's who" answer is going to come up again well it's just fair that the admins sometimes change their names and we don't know who's who. Not a big deal, we ask who they are and they tell it you can probably recognize someone here by a lot of obvious ways.

Why won't the same go for us normal members? I think it's unfair. What can you say? Does anyone back me up with this? Any pros and cons?
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Username Modification   SUGGESTION: Username Modification H6Q0F8zFri Jun 01, 2012 8:15 pm

I've already expressed to Shadow that I personally am against this. As for you, waohc...there's a list on the left hand side of the screen with the list of administrators and moderators, so if you can't seem to find one then it's your own fault, especially when there are ways of contact other than the Chat Box.
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Username Modification   SUGGESTION: Username Modification H6Q0F8zSat Jun 02, 2012 12:44 am

I would have to say no to this suggestion... >> Members would abuse it crazy. That's all needed to be said.

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Username Modification   SUGGESTION: Username Modification H6Q0F8zSat Jun 02, 2012 7:51 am

Counter proposal: Then have a rule about how many name changes can a member have for a month. Like you are only allowed three name changes or two for a month. EXCEPT if an admin changes someone's name when it's "kidding time" or when admins and members are kidding around each other and stuff like that. :P Who's gonna know who did who and how many name changes has happened? We can watch each other out and if someone goes for "don't worry, I won't tell..." thingy, then I can volunteer to be the watcher.
Max Silver
Max Silver

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Username Modification   SUGGESTION: Username Modification H6Q0F8zSat Jun 02, 2012 8:05 am

Dufus wrote:
Counter proposal: Then have a rule about how many name changes can a member have for a month. Like you are only allowed three name changes or two for a month. EXCEPT if an admin changes someone's name when it's "kidding time" or when admins and members are kidding around each other and stuff like that. :P Who's gonna know who did who and how many name changes has happened? We can watch each other out and if someone goes for "don't worry, I won't tell..." thingy, then I can volunteer to be the watcher.

You honestly change your name so much I don't know why anyone would trust you with the job. And why does everyone feel the need to change their name so much? Just pick a name and stick with it so people won't get confused and this site won't get so confusing.

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Username Modification   SUGGESTION: Username Modification H6Q0F8zSat Jun 02, 2012 8:08 am

Max, thanks for your opinion. I don't think it will be really confusing. That's what the profile avatar is for and the other stuff they're likely to be known such as am known for the way I talk and chat, the words I use and my grammar and stuff. My profile information, avatar, my Pokemon Characters and others. By the way, being the watcher is just a suggestion for a responsibility or something, no mod powers and stuff because that is unneeded. Anyway, it's up to them if they'll trust me or not. Whatever, we can still watch each other but thank you for opinion. Thanks for your opinion as well, Atlas.

EDIT: Plus that's why the username change rule is for. So people won't be changing names that much and it won't get so confusing.

EDIT 2: Mind changing my name to Shadow? It be my last name change. Thanks.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Username Modification   SUGGESTION: Username Modification H6Q0F8zSun Jun 03, 2012 4:04 am

To my grand annoyance of once again sporting such a discussion, I'll step in. Both arguements can clearly have great and refined, and possibly acceptable reasons to alter or maintain this. Instead, I propose my own counter-arguement. In this very section of the forum, a topic should be created labeled, "Name Change Request". There, a user can apply for a name change, as long as they follow the following template;

Code:

[b]Current Username[/b]:
[b]Desired Username[/b]:

Staff members would still have the power to decide if you've requested the name change too soon because there is a record being kept. Therefore, it's beneficial to both sides and I conclude on this topic.

Atlas, As Lucretia already stated there is a list on the left hand side of the forum, 4th widget down. If you cannot have noticed that and will blatantly complain about how there is only one administrator why don't you just quit? The staff aren't exactly here to serve you every waking second of their precious time when they are online. The least you can do is stop complaining and wait.

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Username Modification   SUGGESTION: Username Modification H6Q0F8zSun Jun 03, 2012 8:23 am

I like Ellis' addition. :D Anyway, thanks for saying that thing Ellis. Not telling you what am talking about but if you want I'll PM you. XD
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Username Modification   SUGGESTION: Username Modification H6Q0F8zSun Jun 03, 2012 9:34 pm

Ellis' idea is okay but I don't generally like changing usernames on a whim without reason. so I'd add a "Reason for Change" section to the app personally.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Username Modification   SUGGESTION: Username Modification H6Q0F8zSun Jun 03, 2012 9:56 pm

Well, considerin' you can check how long it's been since the name was changed and all, I figured that people with enough sense would understand when it's reasonable to change it or not.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Username Modification   SUGGESTION: Username Modification H6Q0F8zSun Jun 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Reason by time, and an actual reason are two different things...I don't mean "Reason: it's been x time before my last username change" I mean reason as in "I want my name changed from Kita to Lucretia because I didn't really put much thought into the name, and Lucretia would fit better."

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Username Modification   SUGGESTION: Username Modification H6Q0F8zMon Jun 04, 2012 5:48 am

Yay. First suggestion of mine that has been considered! :D
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Username Modification   SUGGESTION: Username Modification H6Q0F8zFri Jun 08, 2012 7:49 am

Shadow, nobody is really considering your idea, we're considering Ellis's XD
Anyway, I agree with 'Current/New/Reason' topic idea. Unless someone objects, I'm going to go make that topic.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Username Modification   SUGGESTION: Username Modification H6Q0F8z

SUGGESTION: Username Modification
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1