HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greetings, mortals.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

Greetings, mortals. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings, mortals.   Greetings, mortals. - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue May 24, 2011 1:58 am

Trust me, Game Maker is amazing. In fact, I'm making a Pokemon game right now, and it's already better than anything I've found on the website (other than this one game I found called Pokemon Twilight, but mine has the regular 649 Pokemon- PT has 150 original Pokemon, but there are very few of them actually in the game.)
Anyways, it's almost in the bug testing stage- I just need to program in the base special attack/defense and speed for each Pokemon. I've been working on it for a few weeks- I'm gonna go post about it in the Pokemon Discussion forum, actually.

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, mortals.   Greetings, mortals. - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue May 24, 2011 2:14 am

I'm learning[or attempting to] VB6 language, so I can build my own custom game. I'm not building it around Pokemon, as Nintendo and Game Freaks generally shuts down such things, and there's no way to legally make money off it. I wouldn't want my game to bite the dust just because I was stupid, using something that someone else owned the rights to.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, mortals.   Greetings, mortals. - Page 4 H6Q0F8zTue May 24, 2011 2:20 am

Yeah, but they only shut down things that get really, wildly popular. I can't really imagine mine getting too popular; I'd have to be EXTREMELY lucky for that to happen, so I assume I'll be safe :3.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, mortals.   Greetings, mortals. - Page 4 H6Q0F8zThu May 26, 2011 1:44 pm

think of pokemon vortex, they are darn famous but arent shut down as of yet.
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, mortals.   Greetings, mortals. - Page 4 H6Q0F8zThu May 26, 2011 1:57 pm

Yea and those ROM hackers who make Pokemon Chaos Black, Naranja, Omega and Crystal Shards. You know what I mean. They actually use the base system of an already licenced game and mod it. Yet theyre legal and not shut down, and theyre being illegally sold in many countries by random guys who arent the hackers themselves, people only get the guys who make money from it.
FlamingEmolga
FlamingEmolga

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, mortals.   Greetings, mortals. - Page 4 H6Q0F8zMon May 30, 2011 11:43 am

I would make so many new hack games if only I had the tools needed to hack on a Mac.
Darknesslord
Darknesslord

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, mortals.   Greetings, mortals. - Page 4 H6Q0F8zMon May 30, 2011 12:09 pm

Yea cheap, child made hacking tools never run on Macs. Only proffessional programs do. Thats why I use Windows cos I dont like paying.

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, mortals.   Greetings, mortals. - Page 4 H6Q0F8zMon May 30, 2011 8:39 pm

Vdex is popular too, but as all the money goes to running the site, not profit for the owner, it's legal. Non-profit=legal.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings, mortals.   Greetings, mortals. - Page 4 H6Q0F8z

Greetings, mortals.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokémon World Forum :: General Information :: Introductions and Leaving :: Old Intros/Leaving-
Jump to: