HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Experience System

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

New System
L's Word System
New Experience System  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%New Experience System  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Q's System
New Experience System  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap47%New Experience System  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
Alekion's System
New Experience System  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%New Experience System  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 17

Back

Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

New Experience System  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 26, 2011 1:42 am

Nope. The votes been set already. We're using Quibbloboy's idea and I'm removing unnessacary ranks.

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 26, 2011 6:50 am

That's epic and epic.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 26, 2011 10:11 pm

Alright, fine. Be that way. But you know? Those ranks really were unnecessary, and you'll all see that this works.

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 26, 2011 10:14 pm

What about the people who wanted to RP but not as a trainer, Quib? The ranks weren't unnecessary to them...
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Mar 26, 2011 10:24 pm

They can be a trainer and something else- remember, no matter what they do in the anime (or the games, for that matter), somebody who owns and cares for Pokemon is called a trainer. And they all battle.

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 27, 2011 1:24 am

Hey i've got an idea! for breeders, the more they breed their pokemon the more they get exp, it can be a lot of ways, the style, how it is written, how long it is and others that admin will decide how much exp they will get

for trainers well, thats quib already

for coordinators, the same, how they do their styles and training.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 27, 2011 7:20 pm

Too bad Quibbloboy. There's people in the fucking games that own fucking shitty assed pokemon and yet what do they do? They instead tell you why they own a pokemon. Not everyone will challenge you to a battle, some people don't battle. Just because a game has sprites of all ages using pokemon to battle doesn't mean they all battle. That's sterotyping that every member has to be a pokemon trainer. Well, you want that now? Then fine. I'll remove EVERY OTHER FUCKING RANK! You want just pokemon trainers? Aura Trainers no longer have their own rank!
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Near, you know language and overreaction is unnecessary. And maybe those People who don't attack you simply aren't in the mood for a battle, or they aren't trainers.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Mar 27, 2011 11:35 pm

Your being a Hypocrite Quibbloboy. There's plenty of opportuneties in pokemon games you wat to base our system off that DO NOT use their pokemon for battling. And if people stop unhiding the ranks I'm deleting the ranks.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Mar 28, 2011 2:27 am

I wasn't the one who unhid the ranks... I actually believed you'd deleted them, since it seems like something you'd do in an angry state like you get into. Near, I just don't understand what you want us to do. Our options are:
System A, the system that got the fewest votes, but makes sense to the minor ranks, who have nothing stopping them from using System B.
System B, the system that makes perfect sense, is easy to use, and got the most votes.
Or System C, the system which would take about ten minutes to figure out how much EXP should be gained and has plenty of opportunity for screw-ups during the calculations.

:|

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Mar 28, 2011 3:17 am

Quib: I've used my system, it takes about 20 seconds to figure out -__-
Your system is inflexible and ruins the RP for people who don't want to just battle all the time.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Mar 28, 2011 3:20 am

Um, Well, using System A we don't lose Any ranks.

System B, we lose ANY need for extra ranks.

And System C, obviously didn't make the cut Quibbloboy.

I'm just trying to fit your system in. It has no room for any ranks besides trainers, so it's only reasonable it does so. If you unhide the ranks one more time Il'l delete them, or better yet I may just delete them. Remember Quibbloboy, the members have voted.

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Mar 28, 2011 5:53 am

-sigh-... am outta here... just tell us what the final result is. for now ill be using the DecideAdmin method... >> am confused, dunno what the heck is right...
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Mar 28, 2011 8:39 pm

Alright, why don't we simply have another system for those who don't want to level up through battling? Just not word-based; basing it on word count doesn't- You know what, never mind, I've pointed out my issues with this before, I'm not going over them again. Why don't they gain EXP based on post count? They level up the same way as mine (getting EXP equal to the Pokemon's own level) but they gain the EXP itself differently. What about through friendship? Of course, we don't actually have any sort of friendship counter/meter thing, so we'd have to do it through time together. And to figure out how much time they've spent together, we use posts. Each page that the character posts on gains each of their Pokemon 3 EXP. This seems like a reasonable amount; any less and it starts taking too long to level up; any more and it goes too fast. I'm declaring this as part of my system. Now, any vote for my system supports this, too.

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Mar 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Quib, would you like me to point out the flaws with that system as well?

1. Post count is a HORRIBLE thing to go by. Look at me, I have very few posts total, but have posted in those few more than some people who've posted double those posts.

2. "Every page" is horrible too. If you have 3 or 4 people in an RP, and two of them keep going back and forth, and the third person (say, a breeder) posts once every page one sentence, they're gaining exp for NOTHING. Tat's not even mentioning how they aren't training sessions.

3. If you do decide that 'only training sessions get exp but it goes by X amount of exp per training post' then you've run into yet another problem. The person could just be like "So-and-so trained PokemonA for X amount of time." as their post, then another person posts, then they go back and do it again, "So-and-so decided to train again." They're sTILL gaining EXP for NOTHING that way.

Look back at my method, I've tweaked it a bit. instead of 1/4, it's 1/2 which will help leveling up, just not at a ridiculous rate. Also, on my site, I made it so that if you lose to a trainer battle or something, you still gain exp, just only 1/4 of what you would normally gain [I added this thinking of the episode where Paras was losing to Pikachu, but still was gaining exp] and a couple of other things. This is just a suggestion you may want to keep in mind.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 29, 2011 3:01 am

Besides, people can level their pokemon up through spam.

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 29, 2011 9:04 am

Err, what he's talking about is posts related to the role play not outside it. Spamming won't help, in short.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 29, 2011 1:05 pm

No. Because not only would we need to entirely find a way to reset everyone's post count. Besides, you can't uncount a post in spam towards post count.

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 29, 2011 10:27 pm

Yeah, and then you're back to having to go back and count...AGAIN, if you don't count spam posts. No matter what way you look at it, it's gonna eat up a couple minutes to figure out EXP for a system that isn't just level=level=exp. Simple isn't always best, it usually leads to MANY flaws and exclusions.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Alright, that system sucks, scrap it. It was merely a suggestion, no need to jump down my throat.
The problem with words is that sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between spam and non-spam.
For example:
If you were to really boil it down, you could get all that into 'The Mud Bomb hit, and Ash said to respond with Volt Tackle, which Pikachu did.'
And even when you can tell, what if someone has a 900 word post and the spam and non-spam is mixed together evenly? You'd have to sort through it all, picking out what mattered and adding it to a word counter.

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 29, 2011 11:17 pm

Quibblo: Details AREN'T spam. Some are such as copy-pasting all the pokedex data for a Pokemon into your post, but other than stuff like that, the details are DETAILS. The whole point OF the word-count system is to ENCOURAGE people to make posts like what you just used as an example of 'spam'. IT IS NOT SPAM QUIBBLO. Details are what's MEANT to go into an RP!
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Mar 29, 2011 11:43 pm

Like I said Quibbloboy. I told you before. You can tell when someone is simply spamming. Why you may even ask that? WHO ON THIS SITE BESIDES ALEKION DECIDES TO POST A MINIMUM OF A PARAGRAPH OR TWO? OR EVEN THREE? No one. That's why I knew my idea was much simplier than yours. You just couldn't get it into your head for some reason that there is a difference between detail and spam when already most members don't do greatly detailed posts.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

New Experience System
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2