HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Experience System

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

New System
L's Word System
New Experience System  I_vote_lcap18%New Experience System  I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Q's System
New Experience System  I_vote_lcap47%New Experience System  I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
Alekion's System
New Experience System  I_vote_lcap35%New Experience System  I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 17

Back

Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

New Experience System  Empty
PostSubject: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zWed Mar 16, 2011 5:00 pm

Quibbloboy's Idea:

Quote :

Your Pokémon's experience required to reach the next level is the same number as its own level.
i.e. If your Pokémon is level 10 it needs 10 exp to level up, if it's level 39 it needs 39 exp to level up, if it's level 87 it needs 87 exp to level up etc.

Then, each time you beat a Pokémon your Pokémon gets exp equal to your opponent's level.
i.e. If you beat a Pokémon level 6 your Pokémon gets 6 exp, if you beat a Pokémon level 42 your Pokémon gets 42 exp, if you beat a Pokémon level 100 your Pokémon gets 100 exp etc.

The exp is divided as evenly as possible between all the Pokémon that battled against the opponent unless you used a Pokémon that fainted- in that case the exp it would have gained is spread evenly among your other Pokémon that battled. Just like the games. However, if the exp can't evenly go into the battlers then all the leftover goes to the Pokémon that struck the final blow.

I think this is an extremely good system. It ensures that if you have a high level Pokémon and you beat a Pokémon with a low level you won't get too much experience, and if you beat a Pokémon with a higher level than yours you gain a significant amount of experience. Another thing is that it adds an extra, completely optional sense of mathematical strategy, what with the leftover exp going to the Pokémon that struck the winning blow. Also, it makes it so that training isn't ridiculously hard or easy- all you have to do to gain a level is beat a Pokémon of your own or greater level.

As for the people who don't battle: Their Pokemon level up the same way as through my other system (obtaining EXP equal to its own level) but they gain the EXP itself differently. What about through friendship? Of course, we don't actually have any sort of friendship counter/meter thing, so we'd have to do it through Pokemon/Trainer time together. And to figure out how much time they've spent together, we use posts. Each page that the character posts on gains each of their Pokemon 3 EXP.

L's Suggestion:

Quote :

Spoiler:

That's why mine is still much more simple at this stage. Training and raising Pokémon was never meant to be easy. Besides, A coordinater or breeder don't do many Pokémon battles, they'd have different methods. With my idea, a cordinater could simply practice their contest moves to level up their Pokémon. A Breeder could simply raise their Pokémon. A trainer could practice their moves alone, like fighting against a tree. But, since you put your idea into the context of the game, it is highly limited to creativity.

Your really gonna sit there and write all those words you'd need to level up silly? Our members don't post that much, so I'm not just trying to encourage more posting, but also a reasonable system. If they honestly tried to post plenty of words, it's not hard to tell because there wouldn't be much to go on with and it would be really dull to moderate. Don't you trust in me? I work out my ideas as I share them, meaning they can always be editted as they go along.

Alekion's System:
Quote :

Why not have a combination of both systems? I think Quibblo's is a bit too easy, but you should still gain more experience for winning a battle than just regular training. Maybe if you write a really descriptive battle, you get more experience? Then on top of that, it usually takes at least 2 battles with Pokémon at the same level to level up, and each Pokémon is different in its needs. Ex: dragon-type are harder to level up. It isn't unfair, dragon type are powerful and are meant to be harder to level.

I'm going to suggest a combination of my old system and L's. That is, to level up a Pokémon they need at least twice the exp equal to their level plus one. Dragon types and pseudo legendaries need plus three, and legendaries need plus five. When defeating an opponent, it works in a similar fashion.
Opponent's level halved=exp gained. If it was a trainer's Pokémon, +1 if it's a pseudo/dragon +1(+2 for second stage, +3 for fully evolved), if it's a legendary +4(obviously if it was a trainer's AND a pseudo it would be +4, etc)
On top of this, add in how many words were used to describe the battle(or training session) and this doesn't mean just saying the same thing over and over, means actually trying to be descriptive.
100 words(which isn't a lot at all) gets an extra point.
200 words gets 2 and so on? (since battles would take up many posts.

If it was a training session they might gain double for word points since there was no battle?

To spread that out some:

To find how much exp your Pokémon needs:
Take it's level, multiply by two, add one.
If it's a pseudo legendary, or dragon, add 3.
If it's a legendary, add 5.

To find how much exp you gain:
Take opponent's level and divide by 4.
Add in the following multipliers:
Was it a trainer's Pokémon? Add 1
Was it a basic pseudo legendary or dragon? Add 1
Was it a first stage Pseudo/dragon? Add 2
Was it a second stage pseudo/dragon? Add 3
Was it a Legendary? Add 4

They do stack, so a trainer with a legendary Pokémon gains you +5 points added on to the total.

On top of this, word count adds extra points.
In a battle:
100 words gets you an extra point.
200 words gets you 2 points
and so on.

In a training session[non-battle]:
100=2
200=4
and so on

For example, say you have a level 10 Pikachu. it would need 10x2+1 to level up. that's 21 points it needs.
Let's say your opponent was also level 10, say a Ratatta, and another trainer's Pokémon at that.
That's 10/2+1. Or in other words, 6 experience points. Say you did it in 140 words. That's still less than 200, and it was for a battle, so you gain an extra point for that. Congratulations, Pikachu just gained 7 experience points!
Mew
Mew

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zThu Mar 17, 2011 1:04 pm

Seems people favor Quib's idea
I'm not voting because I like both ideas and I don't think I can vote both in the poll thing
System

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zThu Mar 17, 2011 2:37 pm

I find quibbs better.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zThu Mar 17, 2011 2:52 pm

Again, I like how no one notices the flaws. I've removed myself from my position on the staff due to complications.

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zFri Mar 18, 2011 5:44 am

you dont really need to do that L. But me, I also like Quib's idea. Because sometimes, there are no ways or anything that can make a post contain a lot of words. Even if you describe it, extract it the many words as you can. again, dont you dare to that L. :)
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zFri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Well, L, it looks like the forum has decided. I mean, we can leave it up if you want, but it seems like we don't really need to...
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zFri Mar 18, 2011 5:46 pm

No, because unlike you I didn't try to force something onto people. But again, your systm only applies to one situation and one situation only. So at this point Im' going to think about removing certain ranks.

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zSat Mar 19, 2011 9:45 am

why don you joust approte this thing now then think of system for others. >>
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zSat Mar 19, 2011 2:23 pm

Um, okay, then what was the point of posting the poll in the first place?

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zSun Mar 20, 2011 10:32 am

GAWD to decide the trainer's exp system
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zSun Mar 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Uh........There's one post I couldn't read. And by remove certain ranks, I meant Coordinator, breeder, and etc.

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zSun Mar 20, 2011 3:16 pm

I say put up the third option...it lets people who are willing to post more gain exp through training sessions, and people who can't to gain exp through battles... I don't like quibs idea because it's too limited, and think that L's needs a battle option, which is what I did. I took both their ideas and squashed them together.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zSun Mar 20, 2011 3:26 pm

Yeah, but again, I can't do much without a staff opinion, I mean the Head Administrator voted Quibblo's idea Alekion.

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zSun Mar 20, 2011 3:57 pm

It should be the vote of the community, and people, such as Luna, want a choice that contains both aspects. Starrunner, will you allow the third option to be put up and the poll reset?
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zTue Mar 22, 2011 12:38 am

Alright, Alekion, post your idea (explained extensively) and we'll add it to the poll. Since people can cancel and change their vote, we wouldn't have to reset it unless you REALLY wanted to.

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zTue Mar 22, 2011 1:34 am

Why not have a combination of both systems? I think Quibblo's is a bit too easy, but you should still gain more experience for winning a battle than just regular training. Maybe if you write a really descriptive battle, you get more experience? Then on top of that, it usually takes at least 2 battles with Pokémon at the same level to level up, and each Pokémon is different in its needs. Ex: dragon-type are harder to level up. It isn't unfair, dragon type are powerful and are meant to be harder to level.

I'm going to suggest a combination of my old system and L's. That is, to level up a Pokémon they need at least twice the exp equal to their level plus one. Dragon types and pseudo legendaries need plus three, and legendaries need plus five. When defeating an opponent, it works in a similar fashion.
Opponent's level halved=exp gained. If it was a trainer's Pokémon, +1 if it's a pseudo/dragon +1(+2 for second stage, +3 for fully evolved), if it's a legendary +4(obviously if it was a trainer's AND a pseudo it would be +4, etc)
On top of this, add in how many words were used to describe the battle(or training session) and this doesn't mean just saying the same thing over and over, means actually trying to be descriptive.
100 words(which isn't a lot at all) gets an extra point.
200 words gets 2 and so on? (since battles would take up many posts.

If it was a training session they might gain double for word points since there was no battle?

To spread that out some:

To find how much exp your Pokémon needs:
Take it's level, multiply by two, add one.
If it's a pseudo legendary, or dragon, add 3.
If it's a legendary, add 5.

To find how much exp you gain:
Take opponent's level and divide by 2.
Add in the following multipliers:
Was it a trainer's Pokémon? Add 1
Was it a basic pseudo legendary or dragon? Add 1
Was it a first stage Pseudo/dragon? Add 2
Was it a second stage pseudo/dragon? Add 3
Was it a Legendary? Add 4

They do stack, so a trainer with a legendary Pokémon gains you +5 points added on to the total.

On top of this, word count adds extra points.
In a battle:
100 words gets you an extra point.
200 words gets you 2 points
and so on.

In a training session[non-battle]:
100=2
200=4
and so on

For example, say you have a level 10 Pikachu. it would need 10x2+1 to level up. that's 21 points it needs.
Let's say your opponent was also level 10, say a Ratatta, and another trainer's Pokémon at that.
That's 10/2+1. Or in other words, 6 experience points. Say you did it in 140 words. That's still less than 200, and it was for a battle, so you gain an extra point for that. Congratulations, Pikachu just gained 7 experience points!

^^^ There it is ^^^

Last edited by Alekion on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zTue Mar 22, 2011 2:09 am

Quibbloboy, maybe yours should be explained in detail better on how it can work for other training methods?

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zFri Mar 25, 2011 6:42 am

I like Quibbloboy's idea.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zFri Mar 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Alekion's is too complicated. We shouldn't have to run the whole thing through a word counter, then remember all these factors to consider, then work it out, etc etc etc. It should be short, sweet and simple- and my system is great for that (for those who battle anyway). And also, training sessions can (and should) be against other Pokemon! What's stopping coordinators and Breeders and such from walking around to find a wild Pokemon to train against? And for that matter, why would those types of trainers even need to gain levels? I mean, okay, maybe a coordinator would want to gain levels to learn different moves for contests or whatever, but ultimately levels are gained for the purpose of getting stronger in battle. If you're not battling, you could train your Pokemon to level 100 and it wouldn't matter.

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zFri Mar 25, 2011 3:51 pm

In the ANIME, Ash trains Pikachu by sticking him under a waterfall...Does that sound like battling against a wild Pokemon to you? Breeders and coordinators would want to level up their pokemon for evolution, and to learn new contest moves. It's not a hard concept, really...Not to mention, I believe that people who take the time to type more detail should be rewarded, so it ENCOURAGES longer and more detailed posts without forcing it. It's a good system. Maybe we should just take turns implementing the systems so that it actually shows how it would work. Take one week for each?

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zFri Mar 25, 2011 3:56 pm

I got an idea from Alekion. Aside from Quibbloboy's idea, why don't we add this: The admins decide how much EXP your Pokemon gets from a training a trainer gives their Pokemon. For example, I train my Totodile's evasiveness by throwing twigs to him and if he succesfully evades, he gets a cookie each twig he evades. Then an admin will decide the EXP that Pokemon will get by that training. Also, it depends how it is described and how the sentence is made.
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zFri Mar 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Actually, I kind of like that idea...

I was about to say this, then I saw Wade's suggestion
Spoiler:

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zFri Mar 25, 2011 4:26 pm

So what are you saying then, Quib?

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zFri Mar 25, 2011 4:49 pm

Yeah, :D
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8zFri Mar 25, 2011 4:54 pm

I still think we should try your way first, Alekion.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Experience System    New Experience System  H6Q0F8z

New Experience System
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next