HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Poor Service

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Bryan
Bryan

Poor Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Service   Poor Service H6Q0F8zSun May 25, 2014 10:12 am

*pokes Matt*

Yo. Want proof/evidence? Look what this guy said.
Dragon Kurai

Poor Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Service   Poor Service H6Q0F8zSun May 25, 2014 11:53 am

Taking a look at this entire situation, I can conclude from existing evidence and discussion that you spoke to only Daemon and Nishwishes about approval of your character template of the entire staff, and then it seems that they wanted you to do such twice.

I will merit that your template seems to meet the standards (I have not looked it through 100% as of this moment). It is the staff's responsibility to ensure that you get the most out of your character and experience. Sometimes this means they ask for further details about your character, even if your template already meets "the standard." Others it means they make suggestions you could use to improve.

Having said this, it is not typical of a staff member to force you to change anything if it meets the current standard. Based on your chat snippet in your character application, I fail to see how Daemon forced you to do anything. I see words such as "suggestion," and "think" in his post(s) of response. When he wasn't sure, he openly admitted this and said he could ask Avaritia and get back to you, Ava being the head administrator of the forum this moment. Albeit he said this in addition to a "no one has ever done this before" sort of statement (since he may not have encountered this).

As for Nish, I can see a bit of error in regards to the chat snippet of "it must be important," since only two people of the staff wrote on it. I will also merit that any comments about being "rude" should have been taken into private message instead of publicly posted, and there will be necessary action taken.

As per the template modification of not including "Nickname..." I will merit that it is your choice, as the member, to include this field and others that may be optional or not (though I think Nickname is really the only one that could be unincluded without harm to an application upon quick analysis mentally). Referencing my past paragraph, I fail to see how Daemon "forced" you to include this field.

It is also your choice as a member to modify the template to your liking as long as it addresses all the basic and necessary information, ie the name, location of birth, etc. It is NOT only administrators or staff who had modified the template, and no one has said you are not allowed to do so; however, most new users don't modify the template in any fashion or present it to another member before posting.

In regards to your opinion about the "Battle Style" field, I would personally recommend you place that in the "Suggestions" forum. It holds no relation to your topic of poor service on the forum that I can tell, but would be a welcome idea for improvement on the character template.

- - - -

In regards to Bryan:
Please keep your posts out of the trainer creation forum when NOT posting in your own character applications. This has been pointed out to other members, and it is no different for you yourself. Based on my above paragraph about a staff member's responsibility to help improve character applications, Nishwishes suggesting / asking for further detail is allowed (though if the user wants the application submitted in approval, it must be approved IF all rules and standards are met and logic is present).

Also, in regards to both of these situations, I state the following again:
If one staff member disagrees, then if another disagrees, head to the next staff member that can handle the job. There is more than 1-2 for a reason, after all, and everyone views things differently.

- - - - -

So, in conclusion:
1. There is no exact evidence of a forced edit available. Daemon in no way forced an edit, nor did Nish. However, behavior on both sides could have been a bit better in regards to the situation, and necessary action will be delved into in regards to staff participation.
2. The character template may be modified by any member at any given point as long as it includes the basic information necessary for a character. It is simply recommended for first trainers you use the template without modification unless you contact a staff member about the modification first (for first trainer). Administrators, and other staff, therefore, have no superiority over members in regards to the template.
3. Staff asking for further details in character applications is merited due to their responsibility to help improve character applications based on logic or fairness to other members. This does NOT mean, however, that responsibility can be exaggerated beyond typical heights.
4. The "Battle Style" portion would be better as a suggestion than being placed in this topic.
Bryan
Bryan

Poor Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Service   Poor Service H6Q0F8zSun May 25, 2014 3:29 pm

Matthew, you handle situations perfectly and professionally. Among all the staff members, you're the one I respect most now.

[20:19:39 25/05/14] @ Aomine : It's strange that I was thinking the character template might need to be updated and here there is a topic about it.
[20:21:34 25/05/14] @ Aomine : Ian, you have no objections to the idea of Matt reworking the character template do you?
[20:23:54 25/05/14] @ Daemon Chase : uh depends what is being added or left out I didn't see the changed template yet
[20:24:00 25/05/14] The Alpha Centauri : Heyo
[20:25:13 25/05/14] Hana Ryder : Hi Alpha
[20:25:17 25/05/14] @ Aomine : I'm going to ask him if he's willing to do it, since he had quite a bit to say in response to that post.
[20:25:39 25/05/14] @ Aomine : It seems reasonable that he'd have some ideas after that.

Good. Do it.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

Poor Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Service   Poor Service H6Q0F8zSun May 25, 2014 4:49 pm

I'm not sure what to add that Fang hasn't already, but here are a couple of my thoughts:

I am slightly curious, what exactly are the moderators doing to be hypocritical? They are held to the same standards as everyone else, and they, too, have to edit their apps if the staff checking them requests them too. Nish does hold higher standards when it comes to trainer apps, and yours isn't the only one she's requested more information on. You got another opinion about it from Daemon, and if unhappy with both, you could always approach an Administrator about your case.

For battle style, they said to elaborate, though Nish did grant that it didn't have to be quite a paragraph, but to each their own. We can't force you to edit if you don't want to, and I will say that the field requirements aren't as specific as they should be, opening it up to interpretation. I guess the staff and you interpret it in different ways. Though you see it as a pointless field, it's still a requirement, and has been so since I've been here.

I'm fine with removing the Nickname field, so long as it's the only thing removed. As for altering templates, any member is allowed to do it so long as all information is present, as Fang said. It's not recommended for your first trainer, as information is sometimes neglected when things are rearranged and the modifier isn't yet familiar with the template.

As for learnset, though you may not use the moves, it's logical that your Pokemon would still know those naturally learned through level up. If your adamant about not having more than four moves, perhaps you could add in your history about visiting the Move Deletor, or else it would be illogical that your Pokemon wouldn't know moves that the rest of its kind naturally do. Just a suggestion, if you do choose to stay.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Poor Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Service   Poor Service H6Q0F8zSun May 25, 2014 4:53 pm

Bryan if you're going to contribute nothing to the discussion at hand please refrain from posting in topics. There's little relevance in your copying something I said in the chat box, especially when Matt will know I've asked him about this once he checks his Skype. If you have nothing to add other than one liner comments and copy/pasted information that holds no relevance I'm going to have to ask you to stop posting in topics like this one.
Miles
Miles

Poor Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Service   Poor Service H6Q0F8zSun May 25, 2014 5:22 pm

I know I'm not a admin, but can I tell you what I saw while he was there? He was very rude, disrespectful, and just plain mean to the mods and admins in the chat. The chat he has copy and pasted is taken out of context. When asked to modify his application, he became aggressive and defensive. Asking" Well it doesn't say that." Or " Maybe you should fix your template or stick behind it."

For me while I was in the chat, I felt he was just plain rude and I personally believe for him to be quite impatient.
Darkrai
Darkrai

Poor Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Service   Poor Service H6Q0F8zSun May 25, 2014 8:32 pm

While I haven't seen the full chat log and have not read the awfully long posts that seem intellectual, Blue's character met the standards and should have been approved, his disapproval was downright wrong as there was no such rule stating all level moves are necessary and such a rule is stupid. Stop making up pointless rules .-. And don't make Blue seem like the bad guy for wording his part and winning in an unnecessary argument that should of never took place over something so stupid and clearly in Blue's favor. :)

EDIT: Ava's post. Different people have different logistics on how Pokemon learn moves through level up and there is no clear statement in the show that states a Pokemon must always know all the level up moves up to its current level. There is no point in denying an application over MISSING moves. The member gains NO ADVANTAGE and has no reason to bother writing anything about visiting a move deleting person for which he would have NO REASON IN CHARACTER. What does the site lose from approving a trainer with MISSING MOVES. Just.. I don't see why you would lose a member over a MISSING move.

EDIT2: Now my post is becoming awfully long and somehow doesn't seem as intellectual. Anyway, the character template is way too simple and not specific at all about these things. It needs to be seriously revamped and possibly from scratch! Matt I want to help :v
Bryan
Bryan

Poor Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Service   Poor Service H6Q0F8zMon May 26, 2014 5:59 am

Originally, I typed up a long post here filled with quotes but oh fucking yes, Darkrai summarized everything. Darkrai, I truly hope that you help me with this. You and everyone has said that my methods are wrong. I admit it and I hate how, with my mind, it's the only way I see. If someone were to take over my job, I would seriously quit the site and leave it all up to that person, who is more capable.

Someone like you.

Darkrai is a FIRST GENERATION admin. Learn something from him. This only proves my point that the new generation (most), are a failure compared to the first. You're supposed to be better. I hope the support from Darkrai would make you, Avaritia, and your team, reconsider everything and look at a mirror.

Oh and, Blue is nothing but a demonstration. Nice research on the proxies. I give you that.

Quote :
I'm fine with removing the Nickname field, so long as it's the only thing removed.

"The staff have divided opinions. This is something you don't see in other forums. Get a staff member, boom, disagree with you. Get another, disagree again with you. Get yet another one, boom, agrees with you. It's more of a 'find the one who will agree with you' thing here." - Shadow (a few months ago).
Darkrai
Darkrai

Poor Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Service   Poor Service H6Q0F8zMon May 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Don't, get ahead of yourself. I'm saying you were not entirely right, and just pointed out one of your points which was true and has been taken action on with a new template. And are you not doing the same thing, finding people who agree with you? Except, I'm no staff and complimenting me is not going to help you win anything. You keep praising and expecting things from me as if I have authority here. Stop it, I'm not on your side, you just happened to have a point.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Poor Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Service   Poor Service H6Q0F8zMon May 26, 2014 11:24 pm

I'm a first generation Administrator. If you're going to try and do shit like that you'd better be sure you aren't playing such cards against one of the people who headed the first generation of staff here Shadow. I absolutely loath it when you throw that around, first generation staff saying it was better when it wasn't. I should know, I was there and behind the scenes and no one can say that they were any better than the current generation of staff except for the current generation of staff, or the old generation of staff. There's only two of us around to speak on the behalf of the older generation, and the past is the past anyway. You claim you want to move the site forward but all you do is talk about how the site used to be. We won't change anything going back to that, you should know that by know. Sometimes I wonder if you're just doing this because you miss everyone who left or you're just distraught about things.
Sponsored content

Poor Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Service   Poor Service H6Q0F8z

Poor Service
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokémon World Forum :: General Information :: Introductions and Leaving :: Old Intros/Leaving-
Jump to: