HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Contest Tm's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Contest Tm's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contest Tm's   Contest Tm's H6Q0F8zSun Apr 06, 2014 12:02 am

Not getting straight into anything because I know next to nothing about the rules on Custom TMs and such and whether they may get changed around in 5 years or so, but you mention Aura. This isn't me nitpicking or anything, but aura is an established thing, if you're going to mention it than Pokemon that are related to Aura should be considered for that move. Like Lucario and Medicham, the latter is less so of an aura using pokemon but nonetheless the Pokedex entries may be screwed up on occasion but are typically sources of information.

I also hope the list of Pokemon that can learn that move isn't so small like that because those are Pokemon you happen to own. It seems like it would be a move just about any Pokemon could learn that move, not to mention by default Mew can learn every possible move their is because DNA op.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Contest Tm's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contest Tm's   Contest Tm's H6Q0F8zSun Apr 06, 2014 12:23 am

I agree with Teddy on both accounts, although you're right, it is well within your rights. I just wanted to put my opinion in to know that he's backed up when it comes to aura, and that the 'Corsola only' thing did make me cringe, even if it sounded like a pretty move. I also feel that if the Aura move is going to be a widespread elemental one rather than just for aura Pokemon, then it should have a far bigger amount of Pokemon that can learn it than listed. As it is, I don't like custom Pokemon and moves in general, so I'm not going to approve. Sorry.

Last edited by Nishwishes on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Contest Tm's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contest Tm's   Contest Tm's H6Q0F8zSun Apr 06, 2014 12:24 am

1. I don't know a single Pokemon that your character has.

2. I never said you had to do anything with Aura Pokemon, I said they should be considered for it. Holy fuck. Well off a lot of other Pokemon are capable of learning Aura Sphere that aren't directly related to Aura.

3. Whatever it seems unfair to have such a limited movepool but unfortunately like I stated before, because Mew is Mew it can learn any move it damn well pleases, excluding things like Sacred Sword and Draco Meteor, which were exclusive to certain Pokemon within well reason.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Contest Tm's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contest Tm's   Contest Tm's H6Q0F8zSun Apr 06, 2014 12:35 am

You know what, I'm not even going to bother arguing about this. If you don't want Mew to learn a move that by all means its capable of learning than sure, we'll go on ahead and approve this. Okay so I never actually noticed that Nishwishes even posted here way to go topic. As much as it is your TM, it should be within reason of what can learn it. I was originally just going to approve it and not bother dealing with you in trying to get you to change it because I expected you to be like this about it. The things I would've liked to see, and I don't care if its just the way you want it to be, is you have essentially created a move that any Pokemon would be able to learn well within any reason, especially Pokemon with a high affinity for such things and limited the Pokemon capable of learning it for what I can only, assume is oh wait, I don't like to assume things to often so let me rephrase that, is your own reasons which you have not yet shared.

If you don't want to change it, don't even bother replying to the topic talking about my post get someone else to look them over.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Contest Tm's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contest Tm's   Contest Tm's H6Q0F8zSun Apr 06, 2014 1:33 am

It's stated in the rules and guidelines of the Pokemon creation section:

Just because your Application meets these minimum standards does NOT guarantee approval. Staff reserves the rights to deny any applications if they feel it is sketchy, or does not fit properly.

I think that fits here, too. If we want to decline this, then we can decline it. Maybe others might approve, but right now, that's the reality of things.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Contest Tm's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contest Tm's   Contest Tm's H6Q0F8zSun Apr 06, 2014 1:50 am

I don't mind the Corsola TM so much, but at the very least for the second one, hundreds more Pokemon should be able to learn it. As I said, I'm not a fan of custom TMs so I generally stay clear, but I agreed with Teddy on both of his points and felt the need to back him up.

Go over all of the TMs if you like, but it makes no difference to me. I gave you my advice on how to improve the second one, but it's the other mods you need to convince. However, to quote you in the chatbox, 'pissing off lots of the staff members' isn't the way to go here. You'll just annoy them, they'll reject you or not bother dealing with you, and nothing will get done. It's like when people wind me up - I lose my inclination to do anything, log off and move on. Until you learn that tantrumming and winding people up doesn't work, nothing will change.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

Contest Tm's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contest Tm's   Contest Tm's H6Q0F8zSun Apr 06, 2014 3:09 am

I'd like to go on record and say a few things; by saying that I don't feel like arguing, referenced the posts that would come after my last post, which was more or less what I expected. I've never once stepped in to handle most custom creations, in fact, I heavily disdain them in most cases however I also understand how wonderful they can be. There's also little solid consistency is any and all things that go on here, much of which stems from a lack of staff discussion. I'm pretty sure there's still an entire, unfinished topic in the staff section regarding what to do with custom creations if I'm not mistaken. Or relatively unfinished. Either way there's supposed to be new custom rules that I know next to nothing about that Fenris/Matt/Ava's Wolfie would know far more about since he headed that discussion. Just because I don't know something doesn't mean I'm not going to start finding information on it while reviewing it. It would be stubborn of me not to be open to researching something and would become counter-productive to the situation.

Biology isn't the exact logical thing all Pokemon follow, because I doubt Mew can produce scalding hot water when it uses Scald, or breath fire when it uses Flamethrower , which is a bad example but an example nonetheless of Mew doing things it shouldn't do. Lets not forget moves like Poison Jab which imply that Mew steeped whatever body part it's using to attack in poison of all things. Shit like this is why I mentioned Mew in the first place. I'm not on some crusade, Mew is notable for it's unique ability to learn every TM, HM, and Move Tutor move excluding things like Draco Meteor and Sacred Sword. If it makes you feel any better I can go and forcefully edit just about every Custom TM that, well within reason and isn't some kind of Draco Meteor for a certain type of Pokemon, and add Mew to those TMs. Let's not delve too far into biology, which, for the record is the only science credit I actually cared for in High School.

Pokemon doesn't have to make sense. It's when people try to make it make sense by bringing in logic that they discern as being the ultimate truth of the matter becomes the problem. Pokemon isn't entirely a world defined by logic and this is why I prefer the games and their canon more often than the anime, also the manga is always the halfway point and probably the best place to draw anything from. Though Mew is ultimately a big middle finger to everything because apparently everyone who mods custom TMS and creates them is entirely unaware of what Mew is noted for. Other examples may follow of biology being highly unnatural. We can have species A mate with species B as long as they share a similar Egg Group, don't matter what they are. We also have Pokemon who are only found as one gender. An entire egg group isn't dedicated to a type of Pokemon, instead it just designates them as cute.

TL;DR

- The only TM I had issue with was the second one.
- There was only two issues. It's distribution shouldn't be that limited. There are other Quadruped(Which you spelled wrong.), AKA Four-Legged Pokemon existing. There's absolutely no reason Pokemon like Absol, Bulbasaur, or Sandile can't learn these moves by this logic and biology. I'm not demanding you change it, I never cared in the first place. I personally think it's a waste of a good move idea that could have a larger distribution and other people might feel the same that they can't use such a move without creating something identical in some manner.
- The other issue was that Mew should know the move. For crying out loud it's noted for being able to learn every TM, HM, and Move Tutor move excluding a select few such as Draco Meteor and Sacred Sword. Mew can use Poison Jab which implies that it's steeping it's arm, foot, or tail in poison. It can learn Frost Breath, which implies its coldly breathing on its target. I don't care if you start arguing Mew physical biology, Mew is already doing things it probably shouldn't do in the first place but everyone needs some sort of gimmick don't they?
- If you're just going to debate against it, once again I say just get someone else to look over it. I'll end up restating what I've already stated and I'll sound like a broken record. You're obviously not happy with what we've had to say about it and you're only prolonging it by responding to it instead of just letting it go like I suggested before. So get someone else to moderate this, because I've already accepted and acknowledged what you've said, but I myself also have a point to contest and that is Mew.
- Also you have the end of a Spoiler set up on the second one. Did you forget to include the beginning part?
Sponsored content

Contest Tm's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contest Tm's   Contest Tm's H6Q0F8z

Contest Tm's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1