HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rping as a pokemon...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Cyrus Blaze
Cyrus Blaze

Rping as a pokemon... Empty
PostSubject: Rping as a pokemon...   Rping as a pokemon... H6Q0F8zSun Aug 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Lately I have been reading a lot of trainer applications and I noticed that you cannot rp as a pokemon outside of the role play section. I do not agree with this and so I suggest letting people post characters that are pokemon and can be caught by other trainers. It would add a new aspect of rp to this constantly growing    forum. Also it would something to something called character development. They could develop both physically and mentally. Plus it may attract more members therefore furthering progress on making this website the no 1 on the internet popularity wise. I hope you will consider my suggestion and it will be announced that you can now rp as a pokemon. Thank you for reading.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Cyrus Blaze
Cyrus Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Rping as a pokemon...   Rping as a pokemon... H6Q0F8zSun Aug 18, 2013 3:53 pm

You would have to be a base evolution as a base evolution with the normal levels stated on the trainer template but the experienced trainers will get to be a second evolution max lvl 40. It would be better. Also pokemon communicate in English via brackets after making the pokemon cry.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Rping as a pokemon...   Rping as a pokemon... H6Q0F8zSun Aug 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Why am I always the first one from the staff to respond to these. Anyway, I'll respond later when I'm actually awake.
Cyrus Blaze
Cyrus Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Rping as a pokemon...   Rping as a pokemon... H6Q0F8zSun Aug 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Ok thanks. Hope it gets approved.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Cyrus Blaze
Cyrus Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Rping as a pokemon...   Rping as a pokemon... H6Q0F8zSun Aug 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Yay two people agree.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: Rping as a pokemon...   Rping as a pokemon... H6Q0F8zSun Aug 18, 2013 5:47 pm

Hate to be the bummer that's not on staff, but being a pokemon ain't the point of this site. The point is to make a trainer and get badges...or dragged into a plot by grad. There are sites out there that let you RP as a pokemon though, and if you really want to do it, just Google what you want with 'RP' tacked onto the end.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Rping as a pokemon...   Rping as a pokemon... H6Q0F8zSun Aug 18, 2013 5:49 pm

I actually think this is a good idea.

On the character development, some people do it already. Some characters start fully developed characters, some don't, but some people do already do character development with their trainers.
Cyrus Blaze
Cyrus Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Rping as a pokemon...   Rping as a pokemon... H6Q0F8zSun Aug 18, 2013 5:56 pm

I mean a new type of character development but with pokemon. If the pokemon stays with the trainer for let's say 6 pages of proper rp and not just a sentence every post ten if it evolves at max happiness then it evolves. Is that ok?
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Rping as a pokemon...   Rping as a pokemon... H6Q0F8zSun Aug 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Hate to be a downer like Mist, but I highly disagree with this idea because of several things:

1. As Mist said, this site was never meant to allow people to RP as Pokemon. It's always been about being trainers and catching Pokemon, and it seems like we're too far in now to add something as highly differing as this. Please don't take this as not being open to change, I love sites that grow, change, and develop, I just don't think that this is a change for this site. Oh, and this site is about throwing Mist into all kinds of insane situations, because, well, Wynaut~
2. If we did allow it, there would be several problems I can see happening with it:
•It's all fun and games until someone goes inactive. Let's just say that people go inactive, it's a fact. Usually, you can just move your character along without the person you were with and everything is fine. But, if that person were the main Pokemon on your team, then you're out of luck. Say goodbye to your Pokemon, since you can't very well take over someone else's character. And no, you can't just take over a character while they're away. It's their character that you decided to catch, you have no say in what they do.
•In my own opinion, I believes this opens things up to Godmodding, though I won't rant about the fact.
•The character limit would have to take Pokemon into effect too, this isn't necessarily a downside I see, but something that should be kept in mind.

3. Being a Pokemon really won't change anything about character development. Character development is the growing and changing of a character's ideals and life, and I think it's best done with people, and being a Pokemon won't suddenly make most members spontaneously start developing their characters. No, most will probably stay static, just like most trainers that member creates. If I'm wrong, please explain how a change of species would suddenly allow them to develop more so than they can as a person...

4. If you truely wanted to RP as a Pokemon, you can save a lot of trouble just by doing it as a Pokemon your trainer already possesses and you controlling both minds. Take this thread as an example. I'm writing fro both the perspective of the traine and the perspectives of her Pokemon. If it's done in that sort of fashion, it can easily be done without the bother of all the problems I see with it.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rping as a pokemon...   Rping as a pokemon... H6Q0F8z

Rping as a pokemon...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1