HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Kohaku G.
Kohaku G.

Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp Empty
PostSubject: Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp   Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp H6Q0F8zSun Aug 04, 2013 7:07 am

Training Round One

It was a warm enough Summer day, the cool breeze brushing against her cheek just as she stepped into a clearing she had made note of earlier on Route 1. She made sure she didn't go near the tall grass or any trees that may hide wild pokemon; she didn't want to take any risks, seeing as she wasn't here to battle innocent pokemon or disturb the peace. With Poochyena in her arms she looked up and watched the clouds go by for a while. Kohaku felt determined to become a trainer worthy of mention among her peers, and for that reason she knew she would have to train her Spheal, Norio, to be the best it could be. With the thought fresh in her mind she pulled a miniature pokeball from the pocket it was hidden in and expanded it within her palm. Kohaku let down Daisu, her Poochyena, gently and directed him to the corner of the clearing so that he wouldn't interfere before looking down at the pokeball in her hand. She smiled, tossing the pokeball in the air. In a stream of blue and white light her newly obtained Spheal appeared before her. She smiled at him, extending her hand to pet his head. "Hello there, fella."

Norio was reluctant but nuzzled into her hand. He was a rather tense and serious little seal and Kohaku knew that. The main point of this training was to get used to each other and hone their skills. Kohaku patted his side and stood back up. "So as you're probably already aware of, we'll definitely have tons of competition along the way, and we're never assured a smooth ride.." Kohaku paused to be sure Norio was listening. Norio was staring up at her with big eyes, full of learning intent. She grinned at him and continued, "So let's get down to business. First round of training: Hide and Seek." Her little pokemon tilted its head to the side, wondering exactly what Kohaku meant. Surely she wasn't referring to the game played by children. "In battle, strong offense, or even a strong defense don't mean a thing if you can't utilize your battle field to the furthest extent." Kohaku explained. "So then, shall we begin?" Kohaku slowly made her way over to some bushes and twigs she had piled up earlier. She took a few minutes to arrange them in the clearing so that they were spread out enough for a variety of hiding options. "Sphee.." Norio cooed as Kohaku made the arrangements. "I'm going to stand over there," Kohaku motioned towards a small area away from the field she set up, "And I'm going to count to seventy five. You use your surroundings to hide from me. When I'm open, attack; and please don't hold back." Kohaku instructed. Norio was surprised by this side of her, full of authority. He liked it though; if anyone was going to be his trainer it would be a strong willed woman like her. "Spheeee! Sheal !!" Norio waited for Kohaku to turn her back and walk over to the selected area she would count. She gave him a thumbs up to let him know she was counting. With that he ran over to the bushes. He searched around frantically for a spot to hide, but then got a better idea when he saw a pile of twigs laying around.

"Seventy five !!" Kohaku called out. She turned around and opened her eyes to find no Spheal. She giggled and walked over to the bushes. It was quiet, so much so that she could hear Poochyena itching his ears with his back paws from across the way. "You're good at this..." Kohaku complimented him. And although she wasn't aware, Norio was silently thanking her from his hiding spot. Then, Kohaku suddenly spotted a broken twig nearby one of the bushes. 'Sneaky little boy wasn't watching his step.' She thought to herself as she advanced on said bush. "Aha !!" Kohaku shouted as she pulled back the bush to reveal.... nothing. Her eyes widened as rustling from the bush behind her filled her ears. Before she could turn herself around she was ambushed and soaked by a Water Gun from above. Norio, who had jumped into the air from the bush landed gracefully and let out a satisfied "Pheal !" Kohaku was still shocked by the excellent execution of Norio's performance. She soon turned around and swooped Norio up into her arms. "I'd say you passed round one with flying colors. Of course, you won't have nearly as much time to perform in battle, but I think you understand the point of the lesson." Kohaku rewarded Spheal with a wet kiss to his cheek and a fruity PokéBar, which he willingly accepted.

"Well, we should get going. The breeze is really chilly now. Thanks for soaking me!!" Kohaku joked. "Really nice job, Norio. We should get you rested up for tomorrow’s round. Same goes for me." Kohaku had one last laugh with Norio before returning him to his pokeball and calling for Daisu. He barked as he ran over to Kohaku and jumped happily into her arms. He nuzzled into her neck as they headed back to the inn they were staying at.

Quote :
Word Count: 799
-P.S. I did not count the last paragraph.

Last edited by Kohaku G. on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Kohaku G.
Kohaku G.

PostSubject: Re: Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp   Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp H6Q0F8zSun Aug 04, 2013 7:08 am

Training Round Two

Kohaku stepped into the clearing she was at the day before. She felt refreshed from a good night's sleep. It was a blistering heat today, contrary to the day before. Norio was already out of his pokeball and running around trying to avoid Daisu. The uppity Spheal still wasn't getting along well with others. Kohaku frowned, wondering why Norio was so uptight about everything. "Alrighty Norio. We are going to begin Round Two now." Kohaku called. Norio ran over and sat at Kohaku's feet. "We studied yesterday just how useful using your surroundings can be. Today we perform Round Two: Agility." Kohaku explained matter-of-factly. She headed over to the wooden obstacles she had prepared earlier. Norio was very content with her ability to adapt and use her surroundings to come up with these amazing ideas for training. And then it hit Norio; Kohaku was the only one who could teach him these lessons. She's mastered them all already. "Pheeeeal.." Norio murmured as he watched several obstacles go up. It was an interesting course to say the least.

"Okiie. You need to complete this course. I know it isn't much but I work with what I've got. The point is to get through as quick as possible. And this is only part one of Round Two, so don't get ahead of yourself." Kohaku warned him. Norio went to the beginning of the course and prepared himself, his eyes narrowing. "You ready Spheal?" Kohaku yelled from where she was now standing at the end of the course. She used her finger to draw a line at the end where she was standing. "Spheal !!!" Norio confirmed. "Oi ! Norio!! Begin!!" Kohaku started her timer and blew her whistle, signaling the beginning. Spheal took off down the course, eyeing the first obstacle. It was a couple wooden panels that were swinging back and forth so that it would be hard to get past without exiting the course and disqualifying himself. It was a nice makeshift trap but Spheal smirked as he easily jumped through them, timing his jump so that the wooden slabs didn't even come close to grazing him. As soon as he landed he continued on, running directly at the puddle of mud that was obviously too big to get passed without an alternative boost. Norio took a giant leap as his mouth filled with an icy wind. 'Quick thinking Norio. Using the move Powdered Snow to push him across.' Kohaku noted in her head. The cold winds blew him the rest of the way over the mud lake. He hit the ground with a roll, barely escaping said mud.

"Good, good. But can you pass the last trial?" Kohaku questioned as Spheal stared at her. He was confused. All he saw was the line she drew and an open area. He was home free. He chuckled as he gingerly made his way to the end. Suddenly all at once the floor collapsed below him and he sunk into a pit a few feet deep. He smashed into the ground with a thud and his nostrils were filled with a foul smell. "Well, well, not as smart as you thought." Kohaku's voice echoed from the top of the pit. Spheal looked up angrily, with a bit of shame as well. He thought he had it figured out. "C'mere bud, I'll give you a hand." She offered as she layed down to extend her arms. Norio turned his head and let out a displeased grunt, clearly refusing her help. Kohaku frowned again. She wished he would just let people help him. By the same token, she knew it was a pride thing with Norio. He just failed. He most likely wants to show that he is capable of more than it seems. "If it makes you feel better, you did really well on the other obstacles. It only took you 9.7 seconds to get trapped.." Norio ignored her words, still facing the wall away from her. "Sigh Okay fine. Then let part one and a half of Round Two commence!!" Kohaku began the timer, finally gaining a glance over the shoulder from her Spheal. "We'll see how long it takes you to get out of there. Good luck dear." And with those words Kohaku found shade under a tree to rest with Daisu. Her little Poohcyena cuddled into her side and instantly dozed off.

"Sphee!!" Norio croaked. Kohaku's eyes slowly rose as she woke up. It seems she fell asleep waiting for Norio to escape the hole. She tilted her head so that she could look at the timer around her neck, which had already been stopped by Norio. "Three hours, forty eight minutes." Kohaku whispered. Norio was covered in dirt and mud, along with a couple bent leaves. "You look awful.. We should head ba-" "Pheal !!" Norio cut Kohaku off. Kohaku, completely shocked, looked down at Norio. Her breath hitched when she caught the glimmer of determination in his eyes. She realized Norio isn't weak and he wasn't going to give up. "Norio. Okay. Round Two, Part Two." Norio smiled and nodded. They both walked over to the clearing again, making sure to avoid the pit and the mud. "Fill these up with some water please." Kohaku directed Spheal to several balloons that were soon to be water balloons. Kohaku giggled as she picked up the balloons that she could. She pointed over about ten feet away and Norio went, waiting for a command or directions on the what this part of the round would be. Then, without warning, Kohaku pulled back her arm and fired a water balloon at Spheal, which burst and soaked him. "SPHEAL?!!" Norio growled. "We're still working with Round Two: Agility. Part two consists of you being quick enough to dodge these balloons. How many you dodge depends on your pass or failure." Kohaku chuckled. Norio sighed as he somehow felt this was her payback from getting soaked the day before. Either way, another balloon was soaring through the air at him and he was forced to use a Water Gun to break it before it reached him, leaving sparkles of light reflecting of the droplets. "Pretty, but not the point. You're supposed to be dodging Norio." Kohaku instructed. Norio nodded and waited for the next balloon.

Splash! Splash! Splat! Splash!

Kohaku huffed, out of breath after relentlessly firing all of her ammunition at Norio. "Wow." Kohaku breathed as she looked up at him. "Ruff ruff!" Daisu added as the completely dry Norio smiled at them both. Norio had not only dried off since the first ambush, but was now clean of the dirt and grime he was covered in earlier. "Not a drop." Kohaku marveled at his abilities. "Well, Round Two has been completed!! Congratulations!" Kohaku exclaimed, picking up Norio and throwing him in the air repeatedly. Norio laughed and laughed as the sun began to go down. Kohaku finally just caught him in her arms and returned him to his pokeball.

"Another excellent day of training." Kohaku mumbled to herself. Even as she walked back down the road she was still smiling.

Quote :
Word Count: 1190
Kohaku G.
Kohaku G.

PostSubject: Re: Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp   Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp H6Q0F8zSun Aug 04, 2013 7:08 am

Training Round Three

With another day in the Route 1 clearance came another round for Norio. For now he had mastered the first couple stages of training; Resourcefulness and Agility. Now Kohaku was setting up pieces of wood in the ground about her height. They were dug into ground and built up at the base so that it would be difficult for someone without moderate strength to knock down. About fifteen of these were set up in a row next to each other. Kohaku wiped the sweat off her forehead after finishing, as did Daisu who was helping her all the while. She pulled out her pokeball and got to business as she released her Spheal. "Okay Norio, Round 3, Offense." Norio smiled wildly at Kohaku's announcement. If there was anything in the world he loved about battling, it was attacking. "So as you can see here I have set up some opponents for you. There are fifteen. We will be moving through them in parts of three. First part will be physical attacks." "Pheal.." Norio spoke to let Kohaku know he was listening. Kohaku walked Norio over to the first five slabs. "Physical attacks. I want you to tackle down these five. We're focusing on harnessing your body's strength alone." Kohaku barely got the words out her mouth before Norio was lunging at the target's he tackled them down, 1, 2, 3, 4. As Norio went for the last wooden opponent he felt a sharp pain in his side and fell flat to the ground in front of it instead. Kohaku ran to his side and quickly as possible and kneeled down to turn him over. "Oh my, are you okay?" Kohaku asked, worry heavy on her voice. Norio turned over as quickly as he could, trying to ignore the pain aching in his side. He went for his last knockout, toppling over his target and then collapsing. Kohaku figured this training must be exhausting for Norio. "We don't have to continue if you don't think you can."

Norio jumped to his feet, making sure to look extra confident as he ran over to the next five. "Well.." Kohaku was hesitant to continue. She was scared Norio was pushing himself too hard. "Well the next part is ranged attacks. This is an attack that doesn't require any bod to bod contact." Kohaku sighed. Norio nodded, staring at the wooden soldiers for a second. His breathing became heavy and very audible just before his cheeks expanded and he fired a water gun that from left to right that knocked down and broke apart his enemies. Kohaku clapped slowly as she walked over to the next five. "Good. You get the point. So we come to the final part of round three. This one is a bit more complicated. We combine the last two parts to create a technique I like to call antimiming." Norio tilted his head in confusion at the last word. Blabifying? Panty sizing? Slanted gliding? Norio got a headache from trying to figure out the word and Kohaku just giggled to herself. "Antimiming; a technique used to throw off your enemies by making them think you're going to do one thing," Kohaku pulled a water balloon from her bag and pulled back her arm as if to throw it at Norio. "And doing another." Kohaku tossed the balloon behind her back and hit an non expecting Daisu in the snout. Norio broke out laughing but was brought back by Kohaku's sharp snapping. "Okay, lemme see your best idea. I know these aren't very good opponents to go off of, but it works the same. Surprise me."

Daisu tried his best to dry off his face in the dirt as Norio thought of a way to catch his inanimate opponents off guard. Then a light bulb went off in his head, snickering at the thought of his brilliant plan. Norio fell flat on his face and began sobbing. Kohaku was shocked at the sudden surrender to his actual pain and rushed to his aid. Just as she got over he jumped up above her and fired a water gun at the five now obliterated wood men. Kohaku, after recovering from the initial shock smacked Norio on the back of his head. "Clever little boy, scared me half to death." Kohaku huffed. "Pass, yet again. Amazing work Norio." Kohaku complimented him when she could. It was good boost in moral. Kohaku was also happy that Norio was beginning to get along with Daisu. She watched as the two raced back down the road to their staying place. Kohaku couldn't wait to complete training and get going to Moonlight City and apparently her pokemon were just as eager to get this day done and move on to the next. "Last day of training tomorrow." She thought out loud. As she watched the sun set she let a smile slip onto her face. She was proud; really proud. Not just of herself but of her beautiful pokemon. A week ago she was a pacifist who never dreamt of battling. Now here she was training her very own pokemon to win against some of the strongest trainers in Minoru. "Wow."

Quote :
Word Count: 865
Kohaku G.
Kohaku G.

PostSubject: Re: Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp   Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp H6Q0F8zSun Aug 04, 2013 7:09 am

Training Round Four

The sun rose on the final day of training. Kohaku felt herself tearing up, recalling the past few days. She was so proud of everything her pokemon have done. They made her swell up inside and feel a joy that was unconditional and unable to be explained. She snapped out of her memories when she heard a barking from a distance. She turned away and rubbed her blurry eyes. Over the hill she could see her lovely Spheal and Poocheyna running towards their clearing they used for training every day. It was a nostalgic feel every time they walked there, now. Upon her arrival she found Daisu and Norio playing together. She instantly burst into tears, so happy to see that they were getting along now. They had grown so much, her included. "Alright you two." She sniffed, "Time for the fourth and final round of training: defense." Kohaku signaled for Daisu and Spheal to get on opposite sides of the training ground, only about fifteen feet apart. "Ruff ruff ruff!" Poochyena barked. "I want Daisu to launch several Shadow Balls at Norio. The point of this training is for Norio, so I don't want you to hold back Daisu. Norio, the point of this is not to dodge. It is to use your body strength and skills to defend properly against attacks."

Daisu loaded up three shadow balls and fired them at Norio. The Spheal used Defense Curl and let the three Shadow Balls hit him. It did up his defense but in terms of special attacks such as Shadow Ball, it won't do much. Kohaku flinched back herself, knowing that must have been quite a lot of damage. "Pheeee.." Norio groaned as he uncurled. "You're gonna have to be more clever than that Norio." Kohaku tried to coach. Norio took her advice but didn't make it visible. He focused in on the next shots Daisu was preparing. One by one Daisu continued to fire the shadow balls. Norio used his own moves to counter and sometimes even shield himself. First he used water gun and then used Ice Beam to freeze the water and use a solid enough shield to keep the Shadow Balls from connecting. Kohaku smiled and stepped in front of Daisu to keep him from attacking again. "You can stop now. I think Norio has passed the defense stage as well. Amazing work Norio." Norio's eyes widened when Kohaku's words were followed by a kiss to the forehead. "I love you very much and I am so proud. Congrats."
Norio was returned to his pokeball. Later, Daisu and Kohaku returned to the hotel to gather their things and prepare themselves to leave for Moonlight City. In the morning of the next day, with Daisu in her arms she walked down Route 1 proudly, promising herself never to forget what her and her team accomplished here. This is just the beginning.

Quote :
Word Count: 424
Kohaku G.
Kohaku G.

PostSubject: Re: Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp   Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp H6Q0F8zSun Aug 04, 2013 7:12 am

I got so tired and lazy on Round Four lol. I trust that whatever mod that needs to add the experience to Spheal will read through the topic and do the following calculations themselves, but just to help and to keep myself sane I did the math myself below.

Calculation wrote:
Pokemon: Spheal (Norio)

Total Word Count: 3,278

3,278 / 10 = 327 (Rounded down)

Level 12 + 327exp. = Level 28

Moves Learned: Ice Ball, Body Slam, Aurora Beam
Deus El Machina
Deus El Machina

PostSubject: Re: Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp   Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp H6Q0F8zSun Aug 04, 2013 9:14 am

(Everything has been added and edited in, I hope you're being honest. >.>)
Kohaku G.
Kohaku G.

PostSubject: Re: Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp   Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp H6Q0F8zSun Aug 04, 2013 9:17 am

Sake wrote:
(Everything has been added and edited in, I hope you're being honest. >.>)

Of course I'm being honest. I have no reason to be dishonest.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp   Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp H6Q0F8z

Signature Kohaku Extensive Tsurai Training Boot Camp
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1