HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Trainer and her Fox!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

The Trainer and her Fox! Empty
PostSubject: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zFri Apr 27, 2012 4:58 am

Nova walked out and looked around. She was nervous. Even though she grew up in Saffron, she didn't really know many people. Foxi nudged her elbow trying to push her completely out of the house and on her way.

"Foxi, I know you're ready to go, but I'm nervous," she said petting the ninetales head gently. Foxi shook her head and sighed, "Ninetales."
"Okay, okay, we'll go now, happy?" Foxi nodded with a slight smile on her foxy face.

She took another step out of the house. "How did I end up with such an extroverted pokemon?" she thought sighing slightly. She really just wanted to stay home for a few more days, but everyone was pushing her out of the house and telling her to get going.
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zMon Apr 30, 2012 6:07 am

Sophie was riding lazily through town on her ponyta, Azshara. The horse pokemon's light blue flames blazed back and forth lazily as she walked at a slow pace. The flames didn't burn her a bit, though they would be quite how if anyone that Azshara didn't like tried to touch her. Sopie held the reigns in both hands at her red and green eyes glanced around her surroundings. She was simply passing through the outskirts of Saffron city, sent her on some business for her parents, when she happened to notice a girl that appeared to be close to her age being pushed out of a house by a ninetales. Sophie smiled brightly and leaned down to whisper in Azshara's ear. "What do you say we go meet some new people, huh? Sound like a good plan to you?" The ponyta shook her head back and forth, shaking her mane and whinied. She was always careful when dealing with new people and pokemon. Slowly she walked over, her hooves clicking on the ground. She came to a stop near then while Sophie stroked her neck and smiled down at the other girl. "Excuse me, you looked like you were having some issues with your ninetales. You look like a new trainer, not that I'm from around here, but it's just a guess. Anything I can help with?"
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zMon Apr 30, 2012 6:22 am

Nova could hear hooves on the cobblestone and turned to see a girl riding- wait what? Yeah, the girl was riding a blue flamed ponyta. She couldn't help but blink rapidly once the girl got closer. The girl's hair was fine, she'd seen many colors and her own blue-green hair stood out like a sore thumb. The most interesting part was the girl's eyes. They were quite pretty, though Nova would be quiet about it, as she didn't know how the girl felt about them.

Foxi would come up next to her trainer, butting her head into Nova's hand. Novali automatically started petting the ninetales gently. "Well, I'm not really having any issues with her, she's just a lot more outgoing than I am and wants to get out and train. B-but I'm nervous to," Nova would say while looking away slightly and twirling one of her long bangs.

A few seconds of silence later, and Foxi had decided to get to know this new pokemon. She realized that those hooves would probably hurt if they struck her, so instead of bounding in like normal, she walked up calmly. Foxi would extend her muzzle, sniffing the ponyta softly before one of her fox grins crept onto her face.

Nova noticed the grin and immediately grabbed the ninetales around the waist and tried pulling her backwards, with only a little luck. "Foxi, you know better. If a new pokemon wants to play, they'll let you know. And no playing tricks on them either. It's no wonder the Professor had so many issues with you. Not only do you hate the ball, but you love playing tricks on people and pokemon alike. Can't you get rid of that extra energy any other way?" Nova would say with a sigh.
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zMon Apr 30, 2012 6:42 am

Sophie hopped off Azshara and landed rather gracefully on the ground. Azshara nuzzled her trainer's shoulder affectionately and stood by, carefully eyeing the Ninetales as it neared her. The other trainer had started to pet the ninetales, which made Sophie smile. It was nice to see trainer's that cared and bonded with their pokemon."Ah, ok. Kinda the oppostie here really. Azshara likes the slow quite pace while I like more of a fast pace and love talking with people, but I go her pace since she is my faithful companion. Aren't you girl?" Sophie reached up and rubbed Azshara's muzzle, to which the ponyta returned.

Sophie noticed the girl seemed really shy. That wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but a little confidence went a long way. Sometimes she believed herself to have too much. With a slight giggle she turned her attention back on the other trainer.
"It's ok to be nervous as long as you don't let it stop you from doing what you want to. Besides, your ninetales seems to like you so I don't think she would let you down."

While the two trainer's were talking, Azshara still continued to watch the ninetales as it near her. Her feet started to clack back and forth to show her apprehension to the nearing pokemon. She didn't know if it meant to harm her or if it was being friendly. The ponyta started to whiny loudly and backed up, getting ready to rise up when Sophie grabbed her reigns and stood in front of her, calmy stroking the pokemon's neck.
"Azshara, calm down girl. Easy, it's ok." Sophie heard the other girl scold her pokemon and smiled at her horse pokemon."See, it's all taken care of. Now I'm sure Foxi doesn't mean any harm so no more of that."

Something that the other trainer had said about the fox pokemon's behavior managed to catch her attention. So the pokemon was hard to manage, eh? Sounds like a certain pokemon she knew that was the same way.
"You know, I have a stubborn pokemon of my own. Blitzkrieg. He's a blitzle. It's sort of a new experiment that my family wants to try out and I took the job. Luckily he still stays in his pokeball unless called on. I would let him out, but I think one horse in town is enough and then I don't know what kind of trouble those two would get into. Azshara here likes to race though if Foxi would want to do that."
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zMon Apr 30, 2012 6:54 am

At the word 'race', Foxi's ears perked up and she turned back toward the ponyta in excitement. Yipping like an excited vulpix, Foxi pranced around, circling the whole group but mostly her trainer as if asking permission.

"Does running round help Blitzkrieg settle down? I've tried wrestling with Foxi and that only ends up with me tired and her hyper as ever. She'll even wrestle with the other ninetales and vulpix my grandparents own afterwards. They have at least four of each. They breed them, and they're seriously not sure why she's so hyper. They suggested that maybe she evolved too soon so now she's kind of stuck in her vulpix personality," Nova caught the ninetales once more and nuzzled her cheek against the fox's snout gently.

Foxi headbutt Nova gently and tickled her nose with her tails. Nova giggled and pet the tails gently, making sure not to pull. "You know, that whole curse thing if you pull one of their tails is more or less untrue. The biggest thing if you pull one is incur the trickster's wrath. That's why people think they get bad luck. It's just a bunch of foxes following you around making things happen around you," Nova chuckled and Foxi grinned once again.
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zMon Apr 30, 2012 7:17 am

Azshara stamped at the ninetales when it started yipping. Sophie cringed slightly. Hyper pokemon could easily scare any kind of ponyta. She'd grown up knowing that for years. Azshara seemed to be ok though as her flames flarred up a bit at the thought of racing.

When asked about her blitzle, Sophie just rolled her eyes.
"Actually, Blitzkrieg is a kind of hard to handle. He listens to me, he knows what happens if he doesn't. Nothing bad, but he doesn't get any apples for the week. Mainly I just let him and Azhara run the pastures at home a bit each day, but because I'm traveling he hasn't gotten as much exercise. That's interesting that your grandparents breed them. I come from a long line of ponyta and rapidash breeders. I'm training to become one as well, that's what Blitzkrieg is for actually. We're introducing another horse like pokemon to see what kind of traits we can add. I believe your grandparents theory may be right. My parents my know, but again they have more experience elsewhere May I recommend fetch? I know, more of a dog pokemon thing, but sometimes it works, if not try hiding random objects and make her find them, it's more of a mind game and helps with energy channels."
Sophie knew her mouth had to be going a mile a minute, but who could blame her? She loved to talk and when it came to things she knew she just couldn't stop. Still she would listen patiently and quietly as the girl spoke tellign her about the legendary 'ninetales curse' though most breeders understood this already. Still Sophie played along, not wanting to discourage the girl from talking."Wow, I'd have never guessed that. Maybe I should forward this information onto my cousin. She's having a rather unfortunate problem with bad luck recently. She does like to pick on one of the local ninetales." Sophie snickered as she remembered when her cousin really did incur that wrath of an upset ninetales. Who could blame her? Her cousin had totally tried to steal on of her babies."Oh, how rude of me, my names Sophie, Sophie Lockland. Perhaps you've heard of the Locklands? We own one of the largest ranches in Kanto, just outside Veridian City actually."

NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zMon Apr 30, 2012 7:28 am

"Hmm, I'll have to try your suggestions. And, Foxi, stop yipping please, you're starting to freak the ponyta out a bit," Nova said and hugged her ninetales gently. She let out one last small yip in apology and nuzzled her best friend. "So, where do you think they should race to? Maybe that sign and back?" she asked pointing to a sign about 100 meters away.

Nova laughed when Sophie mentioned that her cousin was having trouble after harassing a ninetales. Now that she'd been around the girl a little bit and been able to talk to her, Nova felt more confident and it showed in her posture.

"I'm Novali Ruso. I'm from here. This is my grandparent's home, thank goodness it's rather large and has a good yard because there's a lot of foxes in that house!" she answered Sophie with a giggle. "I'm not sure if I've heard the name for sure, but I do recall someone saying that there were poke-horse breeders over that way. Have you ever heard of my family? My mom and dad were fairly popular trainers and breeders before they disappeared shortly after I was born."

At the mention of her parents, Nova seemed to shrink back into herself a bit. "I don't remember them, but they were apparently good people. Max and Roxanne Ruso?"
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zMon Apr 30, 2012 8:00 am

Sophie smiled at the ninetales and held out a hand to pet her, but not quite touching her. The pokemon would decide whether it was pet or not. Just ask anyone that tried to pet a ponyta without it's permission. "Oh don't worry, Azshara's fine, ponyta are just a bit skittish. Thank you for at least not yipping anymore, Foxi." Sophie estimated the distance and shook her head in disapproval."Well it's not much of a challenge for her, but then again it's in her blood to be extremely fast so I guess not much would be. Alright, sounds find with me, you ok with it Azshara?" The ponyta whinied and shook her mane out again, stamping her hoof two times on the cobblestone. "I think that's a yes, anywho it's amazing you can fit a bunch of foxes in here. We need hundreds of acres for our ranch and still it never seems like enough."

Sophie was enjoying talking with Novali, she thought a minute when her family's name came up.
"Well, I don't think I've heard of them, but I'm sure my mother has. She has tons of experience in the pokemon world so she's bound to have heard of them if they were famous." Sophie felt bad for the other girl, she didn't know what it was like to not have parents around or not know what happened to them. It was horrible. Still, Sophie tried to cheer her up with her usual pep."Hey look, I think they're ready!" Sophie looked over and Azshara's flames where blazing wildly and her nostrils flared. She was definitely ready to race.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zMon Apr 30, 2012 6:29 pm

The ninetales would happily headbutt Sophie's hand, always one to be happy for a pet. Nova smiled at her friend while stroking down her back. After a few minutes of petting, Foxi maneuvered herself next to the ponyta muzzle in the direction Nova had pointed to.

With a giggle, Nova said, "It surely seems as if they're ready to go. Do you want to call or do you want me to?" She was sad that Sophie hadn't heard anything about her parents, but she wouldn't let that get to her. She was stronger than that.

Standing up from her previous position, Nova would walk over to line up with the pokemon who looked to be aching for the race to begin.

(OOC: ugh, short post)
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zMon Apr 30, 2012 10:38 pm

Sophie though back to how they trained their ponyta and rapidash at the ranch. They had come more advanced equipment and it was definitely not a random race, but she did know a thing or too about coordinating one. "I hope you don't mind if I do it. I just love doing this back home." Sophie went and stood in front of the two pokemon, one arm raised. Azshara twitched with immense anticipation from the suspense. Sophie's eyes moved between the ninetales and her ponyta before thrusting her hand down, signaling the beginning of the race.

Azshara took off at a fast gallop, gaining both speed and distance in seconds. She was completely unaware of anything the ninetales was doing, but statics and years of breeding would reflect her agility. Sophie watched with a smile from her position and cupped her moutch with her hands, creating a sort of funnel.
"Come on Azshara! I know you can do it!" Her attention turned back to Novali, a smile plastered on her face with several of her pearly white teeth showing. "This is fun right? Maybe after this we can go look for some pokemon? What do you say?"
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zMon Apr 30, 2012 10:54 pm

Nova motioned to Sophie to go right ahead and watched with anticipation. "Nothing dirty, Foxi. Be nice and let's have a fair race," Nova said to her ninetales and it yipped in understanding back. "Good," Nova nodded to Sophie just as she started the race and watched Foxi dash after the ponyta, obviously having to control it's urge to do something with it's tails to the ponyta.

"Remember, a fair race, Foxi!" Nova shouted and silently urged her to go faster. Her ninetales was fast, but no fast enough to beat a horse, but maybe if she tried to beat the ponyta then she'd be less hyper?

"Hard as you can, girl!" Nova shouted adding her own little yip to the sounds of rushing paws and hooves. At the sound of her friend yipping in encouragement, Foxi ran faster until she was at the ponyta's tail, then rear flank, then to Azshara's stomach area. She stayed far enough away as to not be tempted to do anything, but close enough to let the ponyta know that she was there.

When Nova heard Sophie ask her a question, she turned and yipped in affirmative before blushing and repeating herself in English. "Yes, it's fun. I would like it if you'd come with me. That way I can have another human with me." Her word choice made something clear alright. She believed that pokemon were people too.
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zMon Apr 30, 2012 11:46 pm

Azshara sensed the ninetales closing in on her and her back legs kicked into gear, driving hard against the ground and pushing her forward more. Her flames flared up, nearly creating a blue outline surrounding her body with their intensity. She was super competitive and the finishing spot was only a few more meters away.

Sophie looked at Novali with a funny expression, did she just yip? Sophie mentally told herself to remember that for later, she'd never seen someone able to mimic a pokemon like that. The race was far more attention grabbing than that one though though.
"Come on Azshara! All the way girl!" She was kind of surprised that the ninetales could keep up like that.

She though of the word choice that the other girl had used, in some sense it made sense, though she was still a little confused. Instead she nodded her head, nearly to the point that she looked like a bobble head.
"Ok, sounds good. We'll just head south where I know we can find a lot of pokemon. I think the experience and enery consumption would be good for Foxi and I know Azhara and Blitzkrieg need some work."
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zTue May 01, 2012 12:06 am

Foxi saw the ponyta pulling forward and gave it all the more she could, but couldn't keep right beside her at all. The only thing she might have done if she hadn't already been told no dirty tricks was to grab a mouth full of tail and have it basically drag her to the finish. The fox pokemon wasn't surprised when the horse pokemon beat her, but she had given it a good run for its money!

At Sophie's odd expression, Nova would look away in embarrassment. Her ability to mimic a fox had gotten her into trouble before with other kids and she didn't want that to happen again. "S-sorry about the y-yipping. I-I just can't help it s-sometimes," Nova said with a huge blush and looked away form Sophie's eyes.

As if sensing their friend's nervousness, a few vulpixes bounded out the door and started yipping softly to the blue haired girl. She would crouch down to pet them yipping softly back. One vulpix in particular came closer than the others and licked the girl's face. Nova hugged the little pokemon to her torso, gaining strength from the pokemons' actions.

"You know, I've always wondered what a fox and a dog would act like together. Maybe we could find a growlithe or something?" she asked looking up hopefully at the other girl.
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zTue May 01, 2012 12:25 am

Azshara reared back on her hind quarters and neighed with glee. Still though she went to nudge Foxi in a friendly manner, showing how good a runner the pokemon is. She would then trot over to where Sophie was. Sophie happily pet the ponyta's muzzle. "That was a good race, girl."

Sophie looked over, noticing how embarassed Novali looked. She then rememered her last expression and facepalmed. That was such a dumb thing to do.
"Novali, I didn't mean anything by that. I think it's cool you can talk to your pokemon, I just haven't heard of it before. Don't be embarassed." The little vulpixes were cute. It was nice to see so many of them were friends with Novali. It showed that the other trainer really did care about pokemon.

Sophie then walked over to her ponyta and removed the bridle and reigns. It would allow Azshara to follow behind at her own pace as well as play with Foxi a bit more. While she busied herself with that she spoke to Novali.
"Well, I can't promise we'll find a growlithe, but we won't know unless we try so off we go!" Sophie laughed as she took of out of town with Azshara following close behind. Hopefully Novali would catch up.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zTue May 01, 2012 12:38 am

Foxi was breathing hard and only slightly tired. She didn't really like loosing, but this was a fair run, she had given it all she had. The fox allowed Azshara to nudge her with it's head and placed a gentle paw on it's muzzle before allowing it to walk back to it's trainer. Her proud tails were drooping slightly, especially once she saw that her trainer was being loved on by other pokemon. Nova saw this and set the vulpix down telling them all with some sharp yips to go back inside. They followed her command and she opened her arms up for Foxi. With a happy sigh, the fox literally flopped into Nova's lap.

"I guess we both keep forgetting how big you are, eh Foxi?" Nova said and stroked the pokemon calmly.

Nova smiled softly as Sophie reassured her that her talent was a good thing. Foxi headbutt her chin lightly and a bigger smile was brought out. "Foxi, you silly ninetales. But your being silly makes me love you more," Nova smiled and hugged Foxi tight nuzzling into the fur near her head and neck.

She noticed Sophie taking the bridle off of her ponyta and took it as a cue to stand up. If only there weren't a forty pound pokemon currently taking up residence in her lap. Nova yipped at her to get up and she somewhat reluctantly did. "Well, I don't mind if we don't find a growlithe, I just think it would be cool to find one," she said and smiled gently.

Nova walked beside Sophie, waving good bye to her grandparents' home. Foxi stayed fairly close to Nova, though still close enough to tickle the ponyta with one of it's tails every now and again.
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zTue May 01, 2012 1:11 am

Sophie was glad to see that Novali had caught up. The other girl seemed to have opened up a bit since first speaking to her. Sophie started to hum happily while walking. It was a peaceful day out so far and now it seemed she had made a new friend. Now, if only she could get some training in for Azshara and the day would be perfect!"So, are you only interested in fire types or do you not have a preference?"

The further they went the more likely it was that they would come upon a pokemon. Sophie made sure to keep her eyes out for one if she could spot it soon enough. Novali was probably doing the same, but she wasn't really sure what was on the other girl's mind. Azshara was happily swishing her tail back and forth, another method to entertain Foxi as the fox pokemon tickled her playfully.
"Ok, so I'm not sure what type of pokemon we'll encounter if we come upon one, but we always have to be ready. That's essential to any encounter."

NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zTue May 01, 2012 1:28 am

Nova almost tripped once or twice over some root sticking up in their path, but she kept herself upright and walking. Foxi kept chuckling every time Nova tripped. When she would look back at Foxi, the fox would just look innocent and look over at Azshara. With a sigh, she caught back up with Sophie again.

"I like fire types, but I don't really have a preference. I love my ninetales and would really like to take over my family's business once I get older. But, I don't want it to just be ninetails and vulpix, you know? I want to do something like your family is trying. I want to see which pokemon naturally get along, and which don't. Grandma told me a story once about a charmander that liked taking bathes, as long as it's tail didn't get wet at least."

As she spoke, she was looking around trying to find any spot that she thought a pokemon would hide in. "Well, I know that in forests you're more prone to find insect pokemon, and ratatatas are likely to hang out in tall grass in plains, but that's about it. So, we'll see what we find, shall we?"
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zTue May 01, 2012 1:53 am

A small pink Pokémon with yellow tipped ears wasn't far off. It looked as if it were about to cry from the look on its face, but anyone who knew the species would know that it's just the way they look. Anyone who knew the species also might be smart enough to cover their ears, for the small Pokémon was a Whismur, which attacked with sound-based attacks mostly. Eating a few plants not far off from it was an odd looking brown spotted Pokémon. It appeared to be a Hippopotas, and was slowly inching its way toward the Whismur, making the Pokémon more likely to lash out with a loud attack.
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zTue May 01, 2012 2:18 am

Sophie had been nodding to everything that Novali had said, and felt bad when she saw the girl trip. She didn't seem all that experienced with the wild aspects of the pokemon world. Azshara didn't find it funny either, but didn't show any kind of reaction. Suddenly movement caught Sophie's eye, was that a Whismur? Sure enough there was the pink pokemon, but that wasn't what concerned her. Nearing the Whismur was another pokemon, brown in color. That was deffinitely a hippopotus. She knew that if that thing scared the Whismur it would let out a loud noise, surely managing to startle and scare off her ponyta. Sophie knew she had to do something. Pointing at the hippopotus, Sophie urged her ponyta on."Azshara, use Flamethrower on it to try and distract it away from Whismur!" The blue flamed ponyta flared up at her trainer's command and felt a burning sensation within herself. She opened her mouth and let loose a barrage of hot blue fire that was now barreling towards the hippopotus. "Come on Novali, you take on the Whismur!"
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zTue May 01, 2012 2:35 am

Nova noticed where Sophie was looking and saw two pokemon, one sneaking up on the other. Sophie reacted first and told her ponyta to use a flamethrower on the hippo pokemon. She yipped a yes before repeating it in English. "Yep! Will do!" she said with a small salute and turning to her ninetales.

"Foxi! Use ember on the whismur! Then come over here!" she told the fox pokemon and dashed over a few yards so they'd be out of Sophie and Azshara's way. Foxi would follow Nova's directions before landing just in front of her trainer with an excited yip.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zTue May 01, 2012 10:13 pm

[Whismur, Female. Level 11] [Hippopotas, Male. Level 9]

Both Whismur and Hippopotas saw the Flamethrower attack, which managed to miss them both by only inches as it blazed between them. Whismur stumbled back a bit, overly surprised, and right into the Ember attack! Hippopotas, however looked angrily over to the ponyta that had launched the attack. It snarled best a hippopotas can, before hurling a load of sand in Ponyta's direction with Sand Attack! Whismur, on the other hand, began to cry, creating a loud Uproar!
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zWed May 02, 2012 3:24 am

Sophie frowned upon seeing Azshara's attack miss, but the results weren't entirely in vain. The hippopotas's attention was now fully on them, though it looked thoroughly upset. At least Novali and Foxi were doing a good job dealing with the Whismur. Focusing back on the brooding pokemon in front of them, Sophie yelled out quickly upon seeing the kicked up sand. "Azshara, try to dodge it and run over to it and use Double Kick! Stay alert for any backlash though!" Azshara would attempt to do just that by attempting to leap over the flying sand, allowing herself to reverse upon landing near the hippopotas and kicking up her hind legs. The determination behind her trainer's words would give her the confidence to ignore the Whismur and follow through with the orders to the best of her ability."Novali, you and Foxi doing ok?" Sophie yelled over to her new friend, as she couldn't exactly watch the status herself.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zWed May 02, 2012 3:28 am

"At least for now, yes, yes we are!" Nova shouted back. "Foxi! Try to dodge that sound. Follow up with a Quick Attack and Confuse Ray!"

Foxi's only reply was a yip as she tried to dodge the sound as best she could and go in for the attack.
SilverStar
SilverStar

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zWed May 02, 2012 6:39 am

(OOC: Hello there! I hope you don't mind, but Lucretia has put me in charge of moderating this thread from here on out.)

Hippopotas was not at all pleased that its Sand Attack had missed, but it had more pressing issues to focus on. Unfortunately, it had underestimated its opponents speed... Azshara was amazingly quick, and the Hippopotas barely had time to react before it felt the Ponyta's hooves slamming into its side. It let out a type of roar, if such a sound could be called that, and whirled its head around to attack! Hippopotas used Bite!

The little Whismur was making quite a racket. It seemed a bit caught up in its own effort and hadn't anticipated the Ninetales' Quick Attack. It took the hit head-on, stumbling back before righting itself just in time to avoid Foxi's Confuse Ray. It quite disliked being snuck up on, especially when it enjoyed making such loud noise. Whismur continued making an Uproar!
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8zWed May 02, 2012 6:59 am

(OOC: Hiya! I don't mind at all! Random note here: Hippopotas is so horrible to type out)

Sophie pumped her fist into the air when she saw Azshara successfully follow through with her orders. "Way to go Azshara!" Though Sophie still felt bad for the poor Hippopatas. Still she didn't see the oncoming attack that came soon after, where Azshara's leg was bitten into hard by the hippo pokemon. Though there may have been an upside to that, perhaps the flames on her body would cause the hippopotas to attain a burn from such an act. The ponyta let out a whinny of pain and Azshara knew she had to get the Hippopotas off her pokemon somehow. "Azshara! Use Ember on it now that you're in close range!" Sophie bit her lower lip in anticipation.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Trainer and her Fox!   The Trainer and her Fox! H6Q0F8z

The Trainer and her Fox!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next