HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Gondohar
Gondohar

Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!*   Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!* - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 26, 2015 2:31 am

I'm with the same viewpoint as Reta. I would love it if PWRPG stayed alive but everything has an end so I think making a new site would be a good idea too but as I said I would love this site too stay around. But since I'm a terrible choice maker I will leave the choice to the rest of you while I will help however way I can.
Pooch
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!*   Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!* - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 26, 2015 9:14 am

I feel like another topic should be made (by staff to be more specific) to show updates on which steps we are taking to bring PWRPG back to life, while keeping this topic for discussing options on what to take, obviously not make one now as we aren't completely sure of what is the best idea, new site or remake this one entirely (my vote goes to new site since then I can always come back here and view the good ol' past of this place and plus it's a lot easier), which staff members to have, etc.
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!*   Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!* - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 26, 2015 9:56 pm

... There's times in my life when I feel a strong surge of "inferiority", and seeing everyone else's posts about this site has brought one on. After all, how do you follow up on that? I spent a lot of time my senior year of high school here, and that was about three years ago now, maybe 4? I forget. I have fond memories of this place, and of the people I met. Character creation was always my favorite part of RP forums, having been a part of a couple previously, and I loved how much the staff at the time made me work to really flesh out concepts. I did my best to help others do the same during my short stint as moderator. Even now, I'm more than willing to do whatever I can to help this place. For the past year, I had a lot of things going on irl, and it's a shame I never made the time to help PW. This place has always been a good way for me to let off some steam in a constructive form, and I always feel better after a series of posts. At the end of the day, though, I really think it would be wise to consider working this site to fit the end goals of restoration, than to make one complete from scratch. Creating a new forum takes so much time and energy (ask reta some time, we really had no idea what we were getting into with our project), that unless we had an entire team to put it together, we'd end up spending more time than it'd be worth. After all, the entire time a new site is in development, it's difficult to attract new members, AND this site already has a lot of advertisement done for it over the course of time, which we'd have to start all over again on a new site. Seems like a shame to waste all that time, but if you all decide you want to start over on a new site, I'm on board.
Pooch
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!*   Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!* - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 27, 2015 4:37 pm

Oh my gawd it's SaxAppeal! It's been so long! How have you been! :D

*Clears throat* Sorry about that, more on the point, making a new site would be time consuming and we would need a team, but so would trying to clean this place up if you think about it, pretty much fixing this place up is the same as making a new site while having to delete this one in a way. I'm not saying that this is 100% true, it's just my opinion.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!*   Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!* - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 28, 2015 1:29 am

Honestly, building a new one would actually be easier than trying to drag this from the death, imo. We can start anew instead of carrying the ugly baggage from its past that the staff have been trying to face (sometimes against the wishes of rather aggressive past members). It also has a really conflicted image against the site's intended, better direction, which wouldn't be an issue starting afresh.
lilverde
lilverde

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!*   Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!* - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 28, 2015 3:47 am

Pardon me for butting in, but wouldn't it be easier to keep this site? Like, create a new site and still keep this one?
Pooch
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!*   Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!* - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 28, 2015 4:57 am

Don't worry lilverde, we'd keep the site either way, but which way we take would affect all the old topics, which, as I am sure I stated before somewhere, I would prefer to keep so I can view all the good ol' times on this site
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!*   Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!* - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 28, 2015 3:08 pm

...What?

So noted that as I got back, I didn't make a topic in the appropriate forum part, nor am I stating how long I'd be online, but just what. Also admitted that this was the first topic I jumped to, seeing it in the recent post column, but...just...

What?

Where do I even begin? Part of me wants to yell at everyone out there, "How could you?" With no definite end, or, heck, reason for that question, I guess I can't very well take that route. At this point I stopped trying to break my laptop by typing furiously then mashing the back button, and words were starting to blur into indistinct blocks of white, that hurt. Could be the lighting, could be the colour. my eyes stopped hurting after I reduced the brightness and Nish's post was easier to read, but I'm rambling here

'If you like a flower, you pluck it. If you love a flower, you let it grow'. Why? Why would you contemplate leaving the wonderful, marvellous, stupendous, amazing, awesome, and just...overall...ethereal place that has been home to people all over the world, joined by a single love, always ready with open arms and warm smiles. People make the place, and if everybody left, then you're taking PWRPG's essence with you. You cannot replicate something that holds such a special place in your heart. Yes, the pestilence called life gets in the way. People 'grow up'. Move on. But is the site a stage in your life, in both ways, a stage in which you play your part and move on, and a stage in which you live awhile, and pass on, just as one is shoved unwillingly through childhood to teens to adolescence to adulthood.

Arguably, it's nothing more than 1 file among millions on the Internet, but it holds memories, and that's what keeps it apart from others. I don't know what to say here that doesn't sound stupid. I don't even have the right words. I never did. This site has helped countless, innumerable people, and for that it requires the proper respect. Don't let something like this die away. It's spirit glows dim as an ember, and it can be rekindled. You won't find another like this. It's a future. An opportunity. A valuable(?). Don't destroy it. Protect it. Embrace it.

Now I'm getting delirious, as evident from the gibberish typed above, which I can hardly read, and I think my keyboard's beginning to malfunction from the tears I'm splattering all over it. Is that my Z key sparking?

Please. Let it live. Live with it.

(In hindsight, this is a terrible post. I'll save others the trouble and say it myself. It's cheesy, dull, dumb, and silly as I have obviously overlooked others' posts. I haven't, actually.
'The faint memories come and go, and she can feel them fading away, like an ember fading away after a fire. At one point the fire burns strong, as you reach the climax of the song, and then it begins to weaken and it's only a memory of what it once was.' -Someone)
Pooch
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!*   Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!* - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 28, 2015 5:28 pm

Mega...

I'm sure some of us also don't want to leave the site either, and frankly, even if a new site was made, I'd still come to this one every now and again. But trying to trim a rose garden of it's thorns can lead to damage to the flowers if your not careful, not to mention that eventually, it could potentially wilt even faster if we try curing it with the wrong fertilizer... but that doesn't mean a seed can't drop to make a new garden to grow next to it, it may not have the same beauty as the first, but it can be used to make it's own and new beauties. If you want, if the site idea comes true, then I can spend my time equally on both sites, and I will try to get others to come back here as well, as long as you come visit the new garden sometimes as well

Don't be sad Mega, be happy, I know it's hard and after realizing that the site was dying myself, I actually yelled at some of my friends I know IRL for arguing about some little thing, cause I knew I was going to miss it, but I think I was actually more worried about not seeing the friends I met on here than anything else

Ah... it seems I have rambled on a tiny bit there myself, doesn't matter, I actually feel a little bit better myself now, and I also hope you enjoyed the little flowery metaphor I decided to throw in as well

-Pooch ^.^
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!*   Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!* - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

Resurrection of Pokémon World RPG !! *Please read~!*
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2