HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cloudy Sky

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zWed Jun 18, 2014 11:25 pm

The boat tooted its first warning, and Alice nuzzled her guilty Zubat. There was nothing to be done, they had no more time to search. "I hope he'll be alright." She said, withdrawing her ferry pass and boarding the ship to Trovita Island. It was obvious that the events of the night before had taken their toll, because after finding her cabin, the young woman released all of her Pokemon and fell asleep on the bed for the majority of the trip. She awoke only to have a drink of iced water now and then, her team gathered close. Even Deino behaved herself, alert and awake, the other green Pokemon having told her team mates everything that she knew. Deino couldn't have her pet human being hurt by someone else.

When the trip was over, Alice was sluggish, taking the time to drench herself in cold water to refresh and reawaken before leaving the vessel, uncaring for what kind of state it left her in. The sky was overcast for once, the sun struggling behind rolling clouds, thunder and lightning rumbling from way behind. Alice wasn't too keen on the idea of being caught in torrential rain, although the reprieve from blazing heat was most welcome to the foreigner.

Deino insisted on tottering along at her feet, Pachirisu in arms so that Zubat could rest (not that she wanted to). From her spot on the sands, Alice could already see Rudy's gym: a stylised white building swirling above the trees, beyond a modern looking gate. She was tired, still, but also eager. They had trained for two days ready for this, and Luana's gym had definitely given Clefairy and Slowpoke the boosts they needed.

"Okay. So, maybe food first, and then a gym battle? Or should we do it the other way round in case anyone feels sick...?" She questioned. Pachirisu would definitely be partaking in the entry challenge. His move swift would be a perfect spam against those targets. Her three battlers would consist of Slowpoke and Clefairy, but who for the third? Deino was strong, but Zubat was, too... "First world problems, huh?"
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zThu Jun 19, 2014 3:17 am

The caw of Wingull overhead was clear as a bell. The screeching of the feathered fiends as they swooped down onto the beach and fought with Krabby over scraps tossed aside by humans. The waves crashed inland, tide rising. The sea seemed angry from the storm in the distance, the winds around Trovita reflecting it. It seemed to be upsetting the local Pokémon as well.

However, as Alice pondered and glanced around, a aight to be held was off in the distance. A trainer with a Lucario and several Riolu, training. The trainer was a young woman, probably in her late teens or early twenties. She had relatively short cropped hair, a brownish auburn in color. She was dressed comfortably in exercise clothes, sweat shorts and a sports bra. Her body was tiny, yet toned as she clearly exercised often, which left her a bit flat in the chest.

She was practicing punches and kicks, sparring with her Lucario while the Riolu partnered off with each other. It was impressive to watch, even though it was obvious the Lucario was holding back. Humans just didn't have the same potential power that Pokémon did, no matter how much physical conditioning. One Riolu seemed to be having a harder time than the others, and kept becoming easily subdued by its partner.

The training kept getting halted, the Lucario standing there stoically while the trainer tried fruitlessly to correct the child. The other Riolu tended to roll their eyes, and cross their paws whenever this would happen. Their training was being interrupted and slowed because of him, and they weren't very happy with it.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zThu Jun 19, 2014 3:30 am

Alice couldn't help but watch the training going on nearby, admiring not only the beauty of the girl, but of her Pokemon, too. Lucario was so tall, especially in comparison to herself, and the Riolu were all both cool and adorable. She thought this even in relation to the one being scolded, which she felt sympathy for. Before Alice knew it, though, Deino had left her side, sniffing out potential battle fodder.

"Deino, no!" The trainer scolded, struggling to run, but attempting to do so as her shiny charged forth to start a scrap. Pachirisu knew that Alice wouldn't catch up, leaping from her arms to lunge at the alpha female and subdue her instead. The level difference was great, but Alice was close enough now to put Deino back in her ball. "I'm sorry-- I'm so sorry about that. She's really aggressive, and if she smells targets, she just goes for it. I've been injured recently, and Deino knows she'll be impossible to keep up with, too." The young woman explained grimly.

"Anyway, sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you. All your Pokemon look amazing, by the way. And I'm sure your Riolu will be just fine." The blonde beamed optimistically, trying to be encouraging. "I couldn't help but watch. I come from a place where people didn't keep Pokemon, and you and them looked so amazing. I've only dreamed of seeing a Riolu and Lucario for myself in real life. But yeah, again, sorry."
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zThu Jun 19, 2014 6:34 am

As Deino charged, Lucario swiftly moved between the trainees and himself. In a moment's notice, a blue swirling sphere appeared between his paws, ready to fire. Luckily for Deino, Alice managed to recall the beast before she got her arse handed to her by the fighting type. The aura sphere dissipated, and Lucario resigned its fight stance as the trainer stepped forward.

"Hmph," the fighting girl huffed, giving Alice a once over and crossing her arms. Sweat glistened across her body where skin could be seen. Her eyes were an enchantingly deep forest green. "You should really work on keeping your Pokémon under control. It's seen as a serious weakness when the Pokémon controls its trainer," she said sternly. It was obvious she took Pokémon training very seriously.

"As for him, I doubt it. He was born at the same time as his siblings, but hasn't grown any. He's scrawny while his brothers and sister bulked up. I'm about ready to give up on him," she said flatly, glancing back to the tiny male who puffed out his chest to look bigger. From the closer view, he was clearly smaller than his siblings. By a long shot. They probably all had ten levels on him by now, at least.

"But people don't keep Pokémon where you're from? What kind of a freaky place is that? I heard there are even trainers in places that no longer have wild Pokémon like Orre. Either way, your Deino is way too strong to be let out if you aren't ready to subdue it right away." She looked to her team of blue aura Pokémon when alice mentioned them. "Yeah, Lucario are pretty special. These guys are all related, though."
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zThu Jun 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Alice glowered, feathers ruffled by the fighting girl's judgement. She had just explained that she was injured. "Like I said, I was injured. Taking a smog attack from a Team Rocket's Weezing to stop them poaching, and a concussion when they sent someone after me to break their neck." She straightened fully, the attitude of the other aggravating her. She wasn't going to be talked down like one of the younger, weaker rookies around. "Deino was given to me especially by Professor Ivy because she's more aggressive than normal for her already aggressive species. Not everyone's perfect."

She wanted to spitefully add 'like you', but just managed to refrain. Her attitude towards the Riolu was despicable, though. "You know that Riolu can sense emotions and the like, don't you? Of course he's going to struggle to get better and catch up when the rest of you are looking down on him like that. He's gonna lack confidence, and that affects anyone and anything." The trainer continued, "Pokemon and people all have weaknesses and strengths. Maybe what works for the others doesn't work for him?"
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zThu Jun 19, 2014 10:38 pm

"You're obviously dense," the girl replied sharply. "I said if you can't control it, then keep it in its ball. So your little excuse doesn't cut it. If I had an aggressive Pokémon and wasn't physically able to restrain it, I sure as hell wouldn't be letting it walk around like that," her words were sharp, but held some truth to it. Unfortunately, that probably just made them hurt worse, and could potentially make Alice less willing to accept them as such.

"I only look down on those who earn it," she then said, glaring at Alice as if to say 'like some blonde I just met'. "Riolu has had all the same opportunities that the others have had. Some Pokémon just don't have the same potential as others," she said, somewhat smugly as she crossed her arms again. Shockingly enough, the Riolu didn't seem much phased by these words. On the outside, at least, as he still stood tall as he could, chest puffed out.

"Maybe if you don't like my training regiment, you don't watch, yeah? It's not like I'm abusing my Pokémon, after all. And they are my Pokémon. So bud out," the girl was really abrasive, but the same could be said for Alice at times. It was hard to say whether they had rubbed each other the wrong way, perhaps she had a not too pleasant experience herself recently? Then again, she could just be calling things like she sees them. Or she could genuinely just be rude.

No matter the circumstance, she turned her back to Alice, and went right back to training. With a few simple commands, the Pokémon were back on track. The Riolu paired off, the trainer again sparring with her Lucario as a lead example. She could definitely take Alice on in a fight where Pokémon weren't involved. Heck, with Alice's damsel in distress syndrome going on, it might even be a good idea to try making friends! Maybe she could teach her a little self defense, after all.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zThu Jun 19, 2014 11:23 pm

Alice glared back, anger welling up inside her. No, she wasn't physically abusing them, but mentally and emotionally? She felt bad for the Riolu. She spared it an apologetic glance before leaving. Deino had insisted in staying out and playing watch dog, and while Alice could contain her, that was hardly going to help their bond. She felt their own training sessions might have made some progress, and she wasn't going to just lose all of that by putting her on lockdown.

Regardless, Alice said nothing else, nose turned up as she walked away. The girl could act superior all that she wanted, but in the end, she was just some girl with a batch of Pokemon. Chances were, the trainer's experiences could barely touch on her own. Alice had a gym battle to complete with her team, and so she made her way up the hill, aiming for the grand gates and fortress ahead.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zFri Jun 20, 2014 3:12 am

The entire island was very small in comparison to some of the others. To add to it, there wasn't much beach front. Aside from the docks, the entire island was surrounded by large rocks protruding from the water. It could be dangerous for ships to approach in rough weather.

A river ran through the island, off to one side while the station-like gym sat propped on the hill. It was reminiscent of a Police Station, though much larger. Inside the main doors is a large waiting room with a front desk, a telephone, snack vendors and soda machines, and a table and bench booth. Registration was being taken at the front desk, where Alice could register her Pokémon. They would ask her what type of Pokémon she would be using for the challenge, that way Rudy could prepare his Pokémon of matching types. She was allowed to sign up three Pokémon for the match.

Meanwhile, music could be heard from other rooms. On one floor, Rudy used a dance studio to help train his Pokémon. In fact, all Rudy's Pokémon were trained in various dance styles to give them an edge in battle. Other trainers seemed to be scattered about the room. A female and male trainer loitered about the drink machine, chatting away. Another male slept hard on the bench seat, apparently beat after some training or other. Others came and went, the traffic steady though hardly bustling. It was more likely that people were fearing the storm coming their way.

Thunder rolled, loudly rattling even where they were now. A few trainers stopped and looked upward, though they could hardly see the sky from inside. It was especially treacherous considering Trovita's quirk of often times having whirlpools around the island. Paired with the rocks and a storm, it was a recipe for disaster.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zFri Jun 20, 2014 3:35 am

Alice made her way in, apparently just in time, given the thunderstorm. She got a drink from the vending machine and then headed for the desk, filling in a form and listing her three Pokemon of choice: Slowpoke, Clefairy and Deino. She was worried about the last one given that battles were held on a high and round cliff with no barriers, but her dragon had great senses and was quite the powerhouse.

The music intrigued her, but it also gave her a bit of a headache, since she wasn't really in top shape. Dancing had already hurt her once, so it was best to lay off that for a while. Journeying through the world of Pokemon was tougher than the franchise made it look, although rose-tinted lenses were likely the problem. She sat and waited, Deino part on her lap, expecting fuss along with Pachirisu, who Deino did not want to share the love with. It wasn't too busy, and some would be put off the challenges in this weather, so hopefully the wait wouldn't be too long.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zFri Jun 20, 2014 10:59 pm

Given that the pending storm drew more people into the building than usual, it had a rather detrimental effect on Alice's hopes. More trainers who had lackluster interest in collecting Gym Badges than ever signed up for the hell of it. An announcement came on over the loudspeaker.

"Due to dangerous weather conditions and the nature of this Gym's challenges, all matches will be postponed until further notice. Thank you for understanding," the voice clicked off. An audible groan was heard through the room, as several of those who had been waiting for their challenge were now forced to wait longer.

"Attention, attention everybody!" An Officer Jenny stood on a nearby table to gather the crowd. "The oncoming storm is really severe. This building isn't made to act as a shelter for this many. If I could ask for everyone to please make their way to the Pokémon Center as soon as possible-" several rushed around, rocking the table and throwing her off balance. She knelt down, placing her hands on the table to catch her balance.

The door to the Gym opened, a familiar face walking in. Thunder crashed, though still no rain fell. The sky was darkening quickly, though. The girl laughed audaciously, "Dude, have you guys been out there? It's intense," she claimed. She was seemingly brushing off the storm as though it were nothing. Her Lucario stood beside her impressively.

"Vivi~" one trainer cooed, as a small gathering surrounded the Lucario trainer. A few guys and one girl to be specific, who appeared to be some sort of fan club. They walked into the room, the scrawny fighter easily taking the drink machine spot from the couple. There was no confrontation, she just had a reputation around there, apparently.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zFri Jun 20, 2014 11:57 pm

Alice groaned, too, frustrated that her gym battle had been delayed like that. It was too annoying for words. There wasn't much to be done on Trovita Island, especially on a day like that. She supposed that she could go and get some rest, which was probably the smart choice, or otherwise train. That was getting tedious, though.

She saw the Lucario trainer appear, brows raising at the small crowd she gathered. No wonder she was so arrogant, she had a little fan club going for her. Alice knew it was petty, but she was jealous and annoyed. The nasty side of her wanted that trainer to suffer a lot, just out of spite. There was no reason to cause a scene, though, and Alice merely went to leave. There was a big crowd probably all heading for that Pokemon Centre, and she wanted to be able to snag herself a spot.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zSun Jun 22, 2014 12:54 am

Alice followed the group outside, where the wind tore at people's clothes. Those with light jackets on to protect from the rain fought to keep them on, clutching tightly to them. The sky was darkening more as the storm encroached on them. Viviette followed the group out, though tailing behind with her lackeys.

"I don't know what all the fuss is about, honestly. It's perfect training weather," she beamed, speaking rather loudly to her cohorts that others might also hear her. She shrugged in an exaggerated manner, "My Lucario is already stronger than most people here, so I don't need to myself. Some of these weaklings should really be taking advantage of the situation though," she gloated, as they all walked on to the Pokémon Center.

Before anyone was assigned rooms or allowed to check in, the Nurses and Officer Jenny made an announcement. "Due to the requirement of sheltering so many from the storm, we have some rules which need to be followed. Pokémon other than those belonging to licensed officials are to be kept in their pokéballs to preserve space. Rooms will be shared by two to three people each, and there will be no co-ed rooms. We thank you for your understanding. Please sign in at the desk, and await your assigned boarding."
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zSun Jun 22, 2014 1:59 am

The sound of that Vivi's voice was really beginning to grate. She was an arrogant bitch, and Alice figured that the only reason anyone clung to her was for fame by association, or insecurity, or something similar. She'd dealt with enough girls like that through high school, and it disgusted her to have to continue to deal with it. She hoped the cocky bitch got struck by lightning or swept out to sea during a training session, and then they'd all get to see how strong Viviboo was.

Despairing quietly at having to return her Pokemon, she apologised to the two and did so, putting the spheres back into her bag before going to register. Her hair was drenched from the rain, and for the first time since arriving in the islands, Alice felt cold. Still, it was a nice change of pace to the constant heat, and she took a seat, getting out her Pokedex to flick through the pages gathered so far, and catch the descriptions of the Growlithe and Spinarak that the Officer Jennys used (Spinarak were, in her opinion, scary and a bit gross).
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zSun Jun 22, 2014 8:22 am

The gathering of trainers was moved to the cafeteria while lists were made. It was at least somewhat more spacious in there compared to the lobby. The fan club hovered around Viviette and her table, as if to add fuel to Alice's fire. Other groupings seemed to catch on, like cliques back in school would.

A young pair of adults approached Alice's table, setting their bags in chairs. "Mind if we sit here?" The first asked. She was a young woman, clearly in her early to mid twenties. Her hair was a dark brown, messily put up with bangs hanging down and framing her face. Her eyes were brown as well, hidden behind the glare from her rectangular glasses, with the thicker frames. Her body was lean, lacking too many curves, and she was dressed for adventure.
Spoiler:

Her partner seemed to be a tall, scrawny man. It was hard to tell if he was still in his teens or not, but he at least seemed to be an adult. His beady red eyes were shockingly entrancing, given the offset of his short, messily cropped white hair. However, based on his pigmentation it was unlikely that he was a true albino. He said nothing, standing off awkwardly as she did all the talking.
Spoiler:

"Oh I'm sorry," the woman said, laughing a bit. "I didn't introduce us. This is Jason," she began, the other seeming to mutter the word 'accelerator' under his breath. "I'm Zoe. And you are?" She asked, blinking and tilting her head at Alice. Her eyes were surprisingly bold and bright behind the thick glasses.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zMon Jun 23, 2014 5:19 am

"Oh, no, not at all. Go for it." Alice replied politely and with a smile as the two took their places. It was nice not to be swarmed by annoying kids for once, and they actually had manners! Her eyes lingered a little on the man, silently amazed by his hair and eye colour. This world was so fascinating, and it was like being at a giant, open cosplay convention sometimes.

"Oh, yeah, it's alright. No problem." She continued on, laughing faintly. Actual normal and social people. Her mind and heart needed this refreshment, this shot of ordinary among the rude, immature madness that plagued the Pokemon Centre. "My name's Alice Hope. It's nice to meet you. I'm here after my third badge, and after two days of waiting to get here, /this/ happens. It really sucks. What about you guys?" The young woman returned, her mood lifting a little at the flow of conversation. It was perfect.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zMon Jun 23, 2014 9:28 pm

"Oh, so you're another one after the badge?" Zoe asked, though it was said more as a statement than anything. She laughed a bit. "Yeah, it seems everyone got screwed out of that one," she then remarked, turning slightly to look at the room filled to the brim with trainers. She then turned back to Alice, "So what kind of Pokémon do you have? I'm always intrigued about other people's Pokémon..."

"She's a PokéManiac..." Jason muttered, sitting at the table head facing down. His eyes darted up to meet Alice, though his head didn't even flinch. "She's obsessed with Pokémon, especially rare ones." His voice was somewhat monotonous, but in an eerie manner rather than boring. He fiddled with a piece of paper, folding it in origami style as they all sat and chatted. So much for 'normal' anyway.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zWed Jun 25, 2014 12:52 am

Alice nodded sheepishly. She was indeed another one after the badge, but figured that maybe it was a good thing to have the delay. She could continue to rest so long as her roommate was no trouble, and maybe even stop to dwell on the predicament as a whole. Alice had been avoiding the big questions up until now, headfirst into her fantasy and saving this magical world... While trying to ignore the fact that she did not belong in it.

"Oh. My first Pokemon was a Slowpoke, but I have Zubat, Clefairy, Pachirisu and Deino. I hatched a shiny Tyrunt while on Pinkan Island from an egg I found, but I left him with Professor Ivy so that they could study him." Alice explained. She neglected to mention how rare some of the more common species in fact were. If she mentioned their shiny natures, trouble could start. Someone had already attempted to kidnap Zubat with a massive mecha - two selfish people, in fact - and the young woman knew better than to let her guard down. Her team, overall, were a rare and strong bunch, and likely famous after the fashion walk display still. If word had got out about her defending Pinkan Island, too, and her gym victories? Well. She'd have part of her dream of being famous, but it wasn't convenient when one was anxious as hell all of the time...

"What about you two? What're your Pokemon? And do you have any badges, ribbons, signs or anything?" Alice returned with interest. Speaking of the creatures, it was weird to be in a room where only people could be seen. How quickly one could adjust. It hadn't even been three weeks since she woke up on a beach, confused and scared.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zWed Jun 25, 2014 1:36 am

"Absol is uneasy..." Jason muttered, looking to his pokéball as Zoe swooned over Alice's Pokémon list. He was a genuinely odd fellow, quiet, unnerving. He didn't seem to give off the same high strung energy that Zoe had, especially as she cooed and went on about wanting to meet Alice's Pokémon.

"Oh I love Deino, they're so majestic! And a real Tyrunt, wow!" The young adult went on fancifully. "Oh my Pokémon? Well, I started with a-" she was cut off by a loud beep as a loudspeaker came on. She halted her sentence, shifting to look back where an Officer Jenny was standing atop a chair holding the receiver.

"Attention trainers, all room assignments have been designated. Lists have been posted, please file into an orderly-" the poor officer was again cut off as trainers rushed by. She held onto the back of the chair, which wobbled as inconsiderate adolescents practically trampled her to find their rooms.

"Well, looks like we have boarding," Zoe smiled, standing up once most of the room had crowded back into the lobby. She slung her pack over her shoulder giving a nod and dragging Jason off as he muttered to himself. When Alice went to check her charting...no, this can't be... Viviette Adams, clear as day listed as her room mate!
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zWed Jun 25, 2014 2:25 am

Alice already had a bad feeling. She was used to this kind of horrible thing happening to her, and lo and behold, it had happened again. Viviette was her roommate, and she felt that horrible sinking feeling in her stomach, anxiety kicking in. She couldn't do it, she literally couldn't share a room with that bitch. Alice wasn't even going to bother.

Instead, the short trainer made her way upstairs, peering out of the windows and to the storm. She had no warm clothing to hide from the rain with, but there had to be somewhere that she could hide out, like a cave of some sort. Maybe she could just sleep on the sofa instead? Tears welled up in her eyes. It wasn't necessarily that problem, all of a sudden, the blonde felt the weight of everything. People wanted her dead, they threatened her into silence, she fought so hard but stupid fucking strangers had the nerve to judge her as weak... Alice was so far from home, and had no idea what was going on.

Maybe she was insane. Or dead. Alice was going to die insane whatever happened or was happening, she knew that much. She was on the verge of an absolute breakdown, but had no room to hide in. Vivi would be there. So instead, Alice just walked out into the rain to find somewhere else to take cover. She hated camping, but it'd be better than being stuck with that cow, or perhaps with any of those illusions, for that matter.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zWed Jun 25, 2014 3:13 am

Poor Alice, tossed into a world of untold danger and mystery as if on a whim. Childhood fantasies gone awry. Be careful what you wish for? It seemed to fit, at least, in this situation. Nobody would blame her for succumbing to the overwhelming emotions. The depression that would surely ensue, should she fail to pick herself out of this rut. Well, anybody who knew her past anyway.

Still, as the young woman walked outside, it had begun to sprinkle. The wind was strong, and the sea was angry. From raised positions on the island, several whirlpools could be seen around in addition to the spike like protrusions surrounding the land. Though the rain was currently light, the wind whipped it around with such force that each drop stung just a bit.

Just ahead, a cove could be spotted. It wasn't very large, and was dangerously low grounded, but would suffice as a temporary shelter. It would keep out most of the rain, at least. It was disturbingly close to the edge of the island, so much so that just looking out the mouth would give Alice a clear view of the torrential waters and the approaching thunderhead.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zWed Jun 25, 2014 3:23 am

Alice continued to walk, and although she saw the cove, she was too scared to contemplate it for long. The darker part of her mind dwelled for a short time. If it flooded with her in it, that would be fine, right? If she was in a coma, the dream - or nightmare - would end. Maybe she'd wake up... Or maybe she wouldn't. Or this would turn out to be real, and at least it would be a selfish escape. Except for her Pokemon, at least. Her heart ached at the thought of leaving or losing them. In this world, they had life spans just as she did, and Alice was just as terrified of having to visit their graves.

Regardless, she went by it, going in the direction of the forest. Branches and brush whipped around in the storm, and Alice did consider that going into the trees in the middle of a storm was a stupid move. However, she hoped to find a cave or perhaps a good spot to make a secret base somewhere up ahead, perhaps in the ground. Either way, the coward in her just couldn't face the idea of the cove flooding with her in it.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zWed Jun 25, 2014 3:35 am

Alice hadn't quite gotten to the tree line when something would catch her eye. In the distance, a low hanging cliff. Something small and blue was atop it, seeming to practice fighting moves and agility. A closer look would reveal it to be a Riolu! Could this be Viviette's Riolu?!

Thunder crashed, lightning striking a tree inland. Even now, just standing out in the open could make the female quite a good conductor. And not the kind one would want to be, at that! Rather than be a lightning rod, she would need to get somewhere low or sheltered, and fast.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zWed Jun 25, 2014 3:56 am

Alice gasped and screamed, a few upset whimpers escaping the sobbing trainer. She hurried to run as far from the strike as possible, until she came across a training blur. It was a Riolu, and given its 'scrawny' frame, it was probably Viviette's! Had she abandoned it, or made it stay outside in the 'perfect training weather' (which she had supposedly not needed to use)? Alice was scared to go higher, but also knew better than to leave it there.

Going as fast as she could, and looking quite stupid while doing so, Alice eventually managed to reach where the Riolu was. The winds made it hard, especially given how small and light she was. Alice thought she might blow away. "Riolu! What're you doing up here?! Even if you weren't alone, it's dangerous!" The woman called, "Come and find shelter with me, and train there, okay?! You could get killed like this!"
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zWed Jun 25, 2014 4:10 am

The Riolu seemed really into its training. It kept performing a series of tasks over and over in the worsening weather, trying to perfect them. As if telling himself the steps in his head, he would reach forward, grabbing his invisible foe with both paws. He swiftly attempted to roll back onto his back, but would keep falling rather than have a fluid motion.

When Alice called out, the pup turned sharply, taking a defensive stance. It quickly realized Alice was not a threat, and instead barked his name at her. "Ri-Riolu!" He returned to his fighting stance, practicing a few punches before again trying his mystery move. Any time Alice tried to approach, he merely growled before returning to his training. Stubborn little thing.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8zThu Jun 26, 2014 12:29 am

"Riolu, please!" Alice begged again, curling up and crying out at another mighty roar and lash from the storm ahead of them. She dared to go closer, "Please, you're gonna get hurt! Just come with me and hide out from the storm with me, and we can train together somewhere safe until it's over! I know you can read my aura. I'm being honest, and I'm worried about you! Your trainer isn't here, I won't think you're weak for taking a break. I don't think you're weak at all, Riolu!" She pleaded further, holding out her arms invitingly, desperation shining in her deep blue eyes, "Please, Riolu. If it means that much, it's our secret!"
Sponsored content

Cloudy Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloudy Sky   Cloudy Sky H6Q0F8z

Cloudy Sky
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokémon World Forum :: Pokémon Role Play :: Pokémon World :: Kanto Region & Orange Archipelago :: Orange Archipelago :: Orange Archipelago :: Trovita Island-
Jump to: