HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Area K!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon May 19, 2014 9:42 pm

She wasn't left alone long, before a familiar face came strolling from the elevator. Dirty blonde hair, and emerald green eyes, it was Hunter! He was still wearing knee length, sandy khakis, but had at least changed into a different shirt. It was still just a simple T-shirt, mostly white with a local logo printed on it. "Hey, you look great in that," he complimented, not in the least teasingly like Danny. "Well, let's get going!" He said, leading the way with his hands awkwardly dug deep into his pockets. He seemed rather nervous.

The two had made their way from the hotel, headed down to the pier. It was a glorious day, and now that the sun wasn't so high in the sky it was beginning to cool off a bit, which felt pretty nice paired with the breeze from the sea. The sky itself was filled to the brim with color. The sun slowly lowering casting vibrant hues of reds and purples through the clear sky. Hunter made small talk about random local lore and the like as they walked.

However, as the pier came into view, something untimely happened. A chiming Pokémon-like call began resonating from Alice's new PokéGear. Danny was calling! Oh what timing the Gym Leader had. Alice could ignore it, but that would be rude to Danny. However, answering it could be seen as equally rude to Hunter? Not to mention the awkwardness that might ensue after hearing the cooing.

"D'you need to get that?" Hunter asked, eyes glinting like fire in the cast lighting. "I can walk on ahead if you need some privacy. I'll wait over there," he pointed to a wooden railing. "Just come get me when you're done," he said with a smile, as he began to walk off to his new destination.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon May 19, 2014 9:52 pm

Alice loved hearing about all of the local lore and whatnot, Zubat holding onto her still as she flew alongside the girl, helping to take some of the weight off her feet. They had to go slowly, the dance having maybe not been the best idea for her physical health, but it couldn't be helped. She thought Hunter looked great, too, of course, and had told him so before they had left. Learning about the beast of the sea, the crystal Onix, the mysterious island of Meowth and all from her new friend was so cool. It was funny in a way, too. She knew all about them already, and told Hunter some of what she had experienced on Pinkan Island.

When the Pokegear rang, she guessed it would be Danny and laughed awkwardly. "Nono, it's okay. We're going to get food, he can wait." She said, selecting a message to block the call with (she'd set up a custom one about eating - Alice had already gone through her manner issues with the man she was dating when talking about this or that), "I hate people who use the phone when it can be avoided during occasions or if there's food involved. It feels so rude!" The trainer insisted. "It's Danny, from the Navel Gym. But yeah, we've been talking a lot recently while I was resting, so he probably thinks I'm still bored and lazing around in some tent."

She proceeded along with Hunter after that, "You must be here for the gym challenge, too, anyway. What Pokemon do you have? Zubat's the second one I caught, after Slowpoke, but she sorta caught herself. She was confused and kept hitting a window on a ship, so I went to let her out. Seems she thought I was fine, too." Alice beamed, Zubat making some bright noises of agreement.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon May 19, 2014 10:15 pm

Hunter stopped when Alice insisted that she would ignore the call. "You sure? I mean, Danny is a pretty well renown guy," Hunter started, but smiled as Alice continued on her mini rant about manners and the like. "Alright then, if you insist," he shrugged jokingly. "Come on, it's just up ahead."

He led her down the boardwalk, the tide could be heard faintly crashing against the beach. It was much quieter out, as most of the tourists had resigned to their rooms for the night. Down the way was a small area with Italian inspired outdoor furniture. Small metal and glass tables, painted white with matching chairs. He pulled her seat out for her, before taking his own.

It wasn't but a few moments later that a male server approached with menus. They featured many pastas and other Italian inspired dishes. He then took their drink orders before heading back into the building. "So what do you think?" Hunter asked, smiling even in his eyes.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon May 19, 2014 10:27 pm

"Oooh, I love this kind of thing!" Alice chimed, Zubat taking a spot on top of a lamp post where she could observe the two like a silent guardian. The sea air was lovely and fresh, Alice adoring the coastal winds. It filled her with a weird sense of deja vu sometimes, to the point that her skin would crawl, but she didn't know why. Thanking Hunter for his chivalrious gesture, she happily sat, ordering a jug of iced water and a large glass of lemonade before the server went away.

"I think this is a really cool place! Everything on the menu looks really good." Alice beamed, blue eyes wandering over all of the options, "But I think I'll have one of the calzone. With the pesto, herbs and spinach. Three of my favourite things!" She grinned.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon May 19, 2014 11:11 pm

The server brought back their drinks, taking their orders. Hunter went with a shrimp scampi in a rich sauce. "Well I'm glad you like it. Oh, and about earlier, I really just kind of ended up here. I've just been wandering, and decided kind of last minute to take the Gym Challenge. After all, complimentary hotel rooms are hard to turn down," he went on, sipping at ice water with a wedge of lemon squeezed into it.

The waiter brought out a bread basket and silverware sets, setting them on the table as an appetizer while they waited. "My Pokémon are nothing too spectacular, though," Hunter admitted, once the waiter was out of sight again. "You must have something special about you for a rare specimen like her to just catch herself," he joked, although seemed to be steering the conversation slyly away from his own Pokémon. "So, you have Zubat, Slowpoke, and Deino. Any others?"

A short while later the food was brought out. The smell was amazing, which was to be expected from such a place. It wasn't large or overly fancy, but small family places like this were almost always the best. The food looked as spectacular as it smelled, though, and Hunter seemed to be eager to dig in.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon May 19, 2014 11:30 pm

Alice nodded along, "Yeah, I have a Clefairy, he evolved from Cleffa recently, and a Pachirisu. I left a Tyrunt that hatched with Professor Ivy, too, and I think he's been sent to Professor Elm." She added. She wasn't unaware of Hunter's tactics, though, "But you still haven't told me which Pokemon you have! You shouldn't talk them down like that. I bet they're brilliant."

She'd been enjoying the bread between sentences, careful not to eat with her mouth full or with elbows on the table, spreading the lovely butter onto each slice. When her calzone finally came, it arrived with a side of salad and some olives, much to her delight, and the woman started by slicing into the calzone to release some of the heat, smell and taste, then going on to the salad first. Alice had a bit of an OCD with meals, usually eating items on her plate one after the other rather than mixing, and going in order of preference. The salad would disappear first, then maybe the olives and calzone together, because she ranked them equally and they kinda worked as one. Olives went on pizzas, didn't they, and this was a folded one.

"Where have you been traveling, by the way? After home, I went to the Rind Islands," More like, she woke up there, "And then Navel, Valencia, Pinkan and here. I want to try and get to Trovita next."
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon May 19, 2014 11:44 pm

"Heh, well I started with an Eevee," Hunter said, taking a bit of the bread himself. It was homemade, and that came through in the flavor. "But you say you hatched a Tyrunt? That's pretty amazing. Why would you send it away like that, though?" The boy asked, excited as his meal taunted him.

He took his fork, twirling some Alfredo noodles and twirling them around the prongs. He then stabbed a piece of shrimp, making sure to get the flavors together in one bite. "Yeah I love this place. Haven't been here in a couple years though. Hm? Oh, I started over in Kanto. But I try to make sure and vacation regularly," he laughed.

He took a couple more bites, sipping water in between. "Sounds like you're been making your way around the Orange Islands pretty well. Pinkan Island, huh? I thought that was off limits," Hunter commented, taking another sip. "You must have been traveling for a while to build up enough of a reputation to get there. Not to mention Danny's phone number," the young man prodded.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon May 19, 2014 11:55 pm

"Oh, Eevees are cute! Has it evolved yet?" Alice asked excitedly, obviously curious, but just as happy to talk about herself. She wasn't one of those self-absorbed people who only did the latter, however. in fact, that was one of the fastest ways for her to feel awkward, if she wasn't given any information in return, "Kanto? That's cool. I wanna go there someday, especially to Celadon and Fuchsia!"

Alice hummed in acknowledgement as she ate, waving her fork a little to indicate that she would speak when sorted. Once her food was in her gullet, and she'd taken another sip of her refreshing soda, the trainer continued, "Professor Ivy invited me, remember," She verbally nudged back to their chat en route, "And actually, I've only been a trainer for less than two weeks. But I won a tournament on Navel Island, and I ended up fighting off Team Rocket on camera at a modelling event, then again on Pinkan, so word's been going around about that. As for Danny's number..." She laughed awkwardly, "I think he was just flirting, to be honest. I felt pretty cool about that, actually. Never been hit on before, then I accidentally get a gym leader, although we're not official. It's kinda hard when we're so far away from each other, and I don't feel like just settling in one place yet."
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 20, 2014 12:53 am

Hunter nodded, giving a little "Mhm," as he chewed, making sure to swallow before continuing. "Yeah, my Eevee evolved. He's an Umbreon now," he finally said after taking a sip of water to wash his food down. The clicking of silverware on plates could be heard as they ate. Other couples were sitting a ways away, enjoying their own meals in their own time.

As Alice explained what all had happened to her, and with Danny, he looked a bit nervous. "Hmm...I see..." He said, a slight frown on his face. He continued eating, somewhat more quiet than before. "So, that must be nice then, landing a Gym Leader," he finally said after several awkward moments. He motioned for the waiter as their dinner drew to a close. "Check, please," he said, looking to Alice to check if she needed a doggy-bag or anything of the sort.

"So when are you going to challenge Luana?" He asked, turning back to Alice as the waiter procured the check and any needed containers. As he set down the black leather fold, Hunter motioned to take it, placing a few bills in its pocket. "Keep the change," he noted, the man nodding and walking off.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 20, 2014 1:04 am

"Landing makes it sound like something very inappropriate happened. We just talk on the phone." Alice mused wryly. She could feel the awkwardness, but didn't particularly get why. It didn't occur to her that this could have been a date, but then, she wasn't used to being flirted with. The idea of being pretty enough to be a model or get Danny's attention still felt overwhelming enough for her, and her mind was littered with so many other things/

Alice insisted on paying her part, withdrawing the money earned from battles and placing the bit for her amount onto the plate. She could get dessert later at the hotel when settling down, "My fight with Luana's at 2pm tomorrow, what about you?" She asked, Zubat flying around the area they were walking in, enjoying the cool night, "I think I'm gonna use Clefairy for sure, but I don't know who else yet. I'm not sure I can afford to take any risks, because if one Pokemon goes down, so does the other, you know? Luana has a lot of amazing Pokemon, so I might end up using Slowpoke to play it safe..."
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 20, 2014 1:43 am

Hunter shrugged when Alice insisting on splitting the bill. He had been willing to take care of it, but took his dues anyway. No sense in turning it down, when that could just cause a fight. He knew how some women could get, and didn't know Alice well enough to assume one thing or another.

They walked along chatting down the pier. The sun had more or less gone down, allowing the moon to shine in all its glory. It was almost a full moon, so there was still plenty of light as they made their way across the beach back to the hotel. "Tomorrow, huh? No wonder you got so far so fast. I like to take my time, my appointment isn't for another couple of days. I guess once you've been traveling as long as I have, you learn to stop and smell the roses..." He trailed off, looking to the sky.

There was something about him. He was so kind and polite, not to mention handsome. Yet, it seemed like he was reluctant to say much about his own life. Was he hiding something, or just shy when it came to talking about himself? Not that there was anything wrong with a little modesty, Danny could take a lesson.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 20, 2014 1:52 am

Alice liked that Hunter had offered to take care of the bill, but she didn't know him either. She didn't want him to get the wrong idea, or suddenly use the fact she owed him when she hadn't been expecting it. "Well, I did spend almost a full week each on Navel and Pinkan," She pointed out, even if she hadn't really smelled much other than Weezing's toxins for her second set of days in this magical land. "But I'm really excited to get my second one, and it'll be my first proper gym battle! For Danny's, there was no actual battle involved. Just a massive mountain," The bruises were still there. Glorious. "And a race back down! But I'm excited, yeah! I can always look around here when my challenge is done, anyway, if I win it that fast." She certainly hoped so.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 20, 2014 2:21 am

The two approached the Hotel once more. Basking in the glow of the florescent lights, Hunter paused for a moment. "Well, maybe I'll see you tomorrow, then. I'll see if I can't drop by and watch your match even, if that's alright with you," he opened the manual glass doors, the automatic rotating one having been disabled for the night shift. He motioned for Alice to go in first, holding the door for her. "I'll see you tomorrow, Alice," he said with a smirk, heading off to the elevator that led to his floor.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 20, 2014 2:37 am

"Oh, cool, yeah! I'd love it if you could come and watch, thanks!" Alice grinned, thanking Hunter for helping her with the door. However, slow as she was, she made another decision instead of going back to her room, and chose to head along the beach instead, finding a spot to release Pachirisu and Clefairy for a round of training. They were a good team, and actually, if they could get gunk shot down, Pachirisu might just be diverse enough attack-wise to help against the gym leader.

"Okay, Pachirisu. You know the drill, let's clean up this beach and try mastering gunk shot!" She said, and the squirrel nodded. She instructed the two to warm up first, running circles and stretching as Alice checked her pokedex, still fascinated by the object. It spoke out some attacks that her own Clefairy had yet to learn, and decided that would be the target of their session. She only wished she knew enough to teach him water pulse, or her little electric-type seed bomb. Then they would be really set. Zubat kept an eye out lest anybody teleport up behind her and clamp a hand over her mouth... Again.

"Clefairy, we're gonna try working together on bounce!" Alice declared. Pachirisu found a spot still in sight but out of their danger zone, cheeks crackling as he began to attract all of the litter and the toxins in the air, trying to form one sticky, nasty mass to project into the nearest skip. "This is how we're going to do it. Let's get bouncing first, okay? Bounce, bounce, bounce." She would have joined in, but was already having to sit, using her arms to gesture to the fairy, who moved with the rhythm, "Keep going higher and higher! I want you to push yourself as high into the air as you can, and then land hard! Just be careful not to hit any of us, or anyone else for that matter!"

Unless they were a member of Team Rocket, she'd be fine with squashing them.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 20, 2014 3:49 am

While Alice began training, somebody was watching her from afar. Pachirisu began his warm ups, stretching and dashing about in circles for speed. Again, his static seemed to only be able to draw in cans and other metallic items. He looked a bit disappointed, especially as Clefairy began hopping, almost floating upward.

A chuckle came from a nearby bench, where an older man was sitting. He had on a trench coat over his day clothes, as well as a fedora like cap. He stood, the breeze blowing in off the waters, revealing his face. He was apparently in his mid to late forties, by guessing.

"You seem like a pretty smart trainer. Not many think to teach their Pokémon new moves on their own," he began, complimenting Alice as he approached. Though odd, he didn't seem to pose much of a threat. "Even so, sometimes a trainer's intuition just can't always get the job done on its own. Might I lend a hand?"
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 20, 2014 3:53 am

Zubat went tense as soon as the stranger approached, getting in position to take flight even as Alice looked up at the stranger. He didn't seem threatening, so she looked up at her Pokemon, shaking her head to let her know it was alright. "Well, thank you. I managed to teach Zubat Ominous Wind and my other Pokemon all sorts, but Pachirisu just can't get gunk shot down, and I wouldn't even know where to start with seed bomb." She admitted, adding, "And same with Clefairy and water pulse. So I thought, bounce might be something easy to start out with..."
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 20, 2014 9:01 am

The old man chuckled a bit to himself, nodding. "Yes, i understand perfectly. Some moves are just easier to teach. On top of that, some moves are easier for certain people to teach. I happen to be a pretty good tutor, myself," the man bragged, only a bit though.

He walked over to Pachirisu, whispering something in his hear. The rodent nodded, seeming to understand whatever was said. "Just call me the Pokémon Whisperer," he teased with a wink. Pachirisu began sparking attracting all sorts of discard from the beach. With a nauseating belch, the Pokémon hurled sticky goo onto the trash, then threw the goop into a nearby waste bin.

The Pokémon jumped up and down, having done a much better job in this try. "Just keep trying, and you'll have that move down in no time!" The tutor said, turning back to Alice. "As for Bounce, it's an easy enough move to teach. Especially since your fairy can more or less float and land hard. For water pulse, I suggest starting with a faux water gun. Maybe have him start with mouthfuls of water."
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 20, 2014 9:20 am

Alice was amazed at the sight of Pachirisu's success, swooping over to take him in her arms and swing him around, "Look at what a good member of society you are! You'll be a threat to grass and bugs everywhere, and have the beach cleaned in no time!" She grinned, throwing him upwards so he spun and landed on his feet, continuing to practice this new technique. Clefairy was doing the same, albeit also distracted by the pair, bouncing about as he eavesdropped. "I probably can't do that here, though, with that sea water... Oh, I know! Slowpoke!"

She released her starter, who nuzzled at her ankles, "Use water gun, and then Clefairy, use copycat!" She ordered. Slowpoke blasted a jet of water out to sea, and then Clefairy did the same, and she called for them to keep going, "Get used to the feeling of water gun, Clefairy, and how it feels to call that power. When you feel confident enough, try using water pulse!"

Alice turned to the tutor, delighted, "Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it. My name's Alice, and I'm going to be challenging Luana tomorrow afternoon."
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue May 20, 2014 10:57 pm

After several more tries, a glimmer appeared with Pachirisu. Glancing over, it could be seen. As his static drew discard in, the trash combined, forming a large black trash bag. Pachirisu did it! He used Gunk Shot! The older man smiled, looking back to Alice. " Oh it's not a problem. The first one is on me," he said with a wink. Was he implying he would be back later, and expect payment? Hard to tell, really.

Clefairy got a hang on the feeling for water gun, using it several times. He tried a couple times to force out more power behind it. However, too often the water would just spray about. He looked pretty tired. "Just keep at trying to learn that move," the tutor said, turning back to Alice once more. "Not everything can be learned in one go. Good news is, he seems to have gotten the hang of Bounce at least!"
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed May 21, 2014 2:20 am

Alice wondered if the man indeed would be back, and she decided to keep an eye out for him. It would be worth paying for to boost the talents of some of her Pokemon, particularly Pachirisu, whose movepool was less diverse without these little perks. Still, what he lacked in that department he made up for in speed and courage, so she was hardly down about the whole thing.

"Cool, thanks very much! We'll definitely practice, but I think it's time to rest before the battle." She said. Thanking him from the bottom of her heart, she slowly returned back to her room with four of her team members, and after removing her make-up and cooling off under a brief, cold shower, Alice released the gang and settled down in bed. Slowpoke insisted on sleeping next to her, which was fine, Zubat finding a nice and shadowy perch to chill on. Deino was on her own, moody and anti-social on a chair while the two besties curled up together. Perfect.

She waited as long as possible to get up for breakfast, getting into a t-shirt textured with forest print and accessorised by a beaded necklace, the shorts that matched the colour of light mud. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail to help reduce sweat, and after eating food and relaxing, Alice made her final decision. Clefairy and Slowpoke were definitely the best team for this job.

Alice asked the lift assistant for the right way to the battle, and was directed to Luana's personal arena. She was shaking a little from anticipation, but overall quite excited. The next gym badge could be in her grasp, the halfway point of the Orange League. They were ready, they just had to do their best and hope for luck.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed May 21, 2014 3:05 am

Alice was escorted into the Gym, which was far larger than the majority of those in the Orange League. In fact, only Pummelo Stadium was bigger! Standing across the way, a middle aged woman with short red hair stood. She looked somewhat sweet, and had a very maternal vibe about her. She gazed at Alice with her blue eyes, wearing a semi fashionable black top and capri pants with her yellow leader jacket over top.

"Welcome! You're Alice Hope, I take it, then. My two-o-clock, right?" She started. She sounded confident, but not mean in the least. With the Alakazam and Marowak standing behind her, it was not hard to tell where her confidence came from. Both looked to be very well trained. "I'm Luana, Kumquat Island's Gym Leader. For my challenge, we'll have a double battle. You cannot switch out your Pokémon during the battle, and the first one to knock out a Pokémon is the winner!" She smiled, showing off something in her hand.

The badge glistened between her thumb and forefinger. It seemed to be an off-white, almost grey spiral conch shell. In it was embedded a jade gem surrounded by a spiked star design. "This is the Jade Star Badge, and it's what you're competing for today. Do you understand all the rules?" She motioned, and her two Pokémon stepped forward, ready for battle.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed May 21, 2014 3:53 am

Alice's blue eyes took in the sight of the large arena, observing every nook and cranny for the sake of advantage. Eyes falling behind the gym leader, Alice cringed at the sight of the Alakazam. It brought back bad memories, but also, it made her doubt her decision. Maybe she should swap Clefairy for Deino? She couldn't risk losing one of her Pokemon in this mess. Nodding at the gym leader's questions, the young woman continued:

"Yeah, I think so. Double battle, but if one Pokemon faints, the match goes." She replied, mind still racing. In the end, she came up with an alternate strategy and hoped for the best. After all, she had never battled with the dragon before, and the shiny didn't like her at all. This was the best way to go.

"I'll be using Slowpoke and Clefairy!" The trainer declared, her battlers released in a burst of beautiful seals. Foam, stars, confetti and the like erupted into the area, her Pokemon appearing before her, ready for their fight. When the referee declared the start of their fight, Alice launched into action, "Slowpoke, use trick room on Alakazam, and then thunder wave! Clefairy, use sing on Marowak, and then ice beam!"
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed May 21, 2014 5:24 am

Marowak, F - LV 43
Alakazam, M - LV 30

Alice's opponents seemed well trained, indeed. This gym challenge would test her skills as a trainer, as the leader had a clear advantage on the young woman. "Alright, sounds like you got it," Luana said, taking a battle stance. Alice was quick to start, giving her Pokémon orders immediately. However, Luana was no fresh trainer herself.

"Alakazam, use Kinesis, then Ally Switch! Marowak, Bonemerang, then Double Edge on Clefairy!" She called out the orders, hoping they could land something before the incapacitating moves struck. Alakazam managed to get off Kinesis before Slowpoke's trick room slowed him down, trying to lower the foes' accuracy. Likewise, Marowak hurled his bone club at Clefairy. If it struck, it would hit a second time on its return.

Alakazam felt the paralyzing waves roll through his body, partially incapacitating the Pokémon. Marowak managed to ignore the Sing attack this time, her thick outer skull distorting the music to less than a lullaby. She might not be as lucky a second time. However, he was quickly swapped across the field, Alakazam popping in to take the blow from Ice Beam with it being a prioritized move. Marowak then rushed in from the side with Double-Edge!
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed May 21, 2014 5:33 am

"Dodge with bounce!" Alice called hastily, and the fairy narrowly dodged. Marowak looked much stronger than her fairy was, and she couldn't afford for these hits to be too frequent. Why hadn't she purchased TM protect or something?! "Slowpoke, use disable on Marowak, then use surf! And Clefairy, take the hit and use attract, then copycat!"

It was a powerful water move, one that would be hard to dodge and affect both opponents, and hopefully that would deal some damage to the Marowak, who she was now more concerned about than Alakazam. Clefairy was struck, but the move would do recoil and allow for the creature to get in close, aiming to charm his enemy. Slowpoke began to gather water from any nook and cranny, and also from his own water power, summoning a great wave that lifted up all along the field. Clefairy, after attempting attract, did the same, both Pokemon riding their own grand tsunamis in an effort to devastate the enemies.

"Then use toxic on Marowak, Slowpoke, and Clefairy, you use sweet kiss!" She finished her barrage of commands, heart racing. This had to work, had to...
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed May 21, 2014 8:50 am

Luana frowned, the fairy narrowly dodging the thrown club. Slowpoke's swift movements disabled the Bonemerang almost instantly thereafter. Marowak had rushed in immediately after, the club returning and hitting her thick outer skull. It disoriented her just long enough for Clefairy to come crashing down from the bounce. She quickly got back to her feet, growling her name. What was going on? Usually trainers were so easy to beat when it came to team work!

She spun around, ready to attack Clefairy again, but...what was this? He was staring at her adoringly, Marowak's eyes softening at his sight. Marowak was in love! "Well played, Alice," Luana said, gritting her teeth nervously. She hated to see anything happen to her babies! "Alakazam, disable Slowpoke's Surf, and use your Hyper Beam!"

Alakazam nodded, glowing with psychic energy to disable Slowpoke's move. Naturally, that wouldn't stop him from using the move as was. "Brace yourselves, protect Marowak!" Luana ordered. Alakazam teleported in front of his partner as the giant wave was summoned. Opening his mouth, a white hot beam of energy shot forward and through it, most of the water rushing around them instead. They still took some damage, though not nearly as much. Marowak still looked a bit rough from the super effective hit, though.

"Marowak, use Endeavor on Slowpoke!" She knew Alakazam needed to rest for a moment before attacking again. Thanks to their lowered accuracy, the toxic sludge missed its target, and instead diluted in the standing water. Marowak went in for her attack, hoping to get it off before the confusing kiss could strike.
Sponsored content

Area K! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area K!   Area K! - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

Area K!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next