HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A few Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
break994
break994

A few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Suggestions   A few Suggestions H6Q0F8zThu Aug 15, 2013 8:53 pm

I suggested bad guys before and perhaps secret services these idea sound cool
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

A few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Suggestions   A few Suggestions H6Q0F8zThu Aug 15, 2013 9:16 pm

Firstly, the Minoru Event was designed in mind to promote role-playing in the Minoru Region. If the event was to go on all over the what, 9 regions this site doesn't need, it wouldn't exactly promote Minoru. Along with that, the Minoru Region is going to receive a Battle Frontier in the future and a place where you can exclusively find custom Pokemon. The point it, this event was designed to promote a region which was given several edits, updates and is still being worked on.

Secondly, I cannot speak on this one, I've never been concerned about it as there's never been any complaints about it.

Thirdly, no. No. Not just because you said 7 badges, when there's 8 badges. The custom gym leaders here do not apply as actual gym leaders, and are on an entirely different scale than that. Though I believe it was discussed why it was only permitted to staff, we never actually finished discussing this. It would not simply be a case of, "collecting all 8 badges in a region and completing a test."

Fourthly, no one here really does character development. We aren't a serious role-play in the sense that character development and improvement isn't seen often in a sense that it impacts the characters. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I don't see it. If people want something like this to happen, then by all means they can go do it. But once people start complaining OOC about it, it becomes a problem that needs to be dealt with.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Pit
Pit

A few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Suggestions   A few Suggestions H6Q0F8zThu Aug 15, 2013 9:43 pm

The site seems like it's meant to be more like the show. It's not likd the gyms need to be beaten in order, or you HAVE to battle every trainer. And, if that's the case, the infinite moveset would fit better. On top of that, what would be done on people's Pokemon with already over 4 moves?

I may not be staff, but I have the right to state my opinion.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

A few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Suggestions   A few Suggestions H6Q0F8zThu Aug 15, 2013 10:03 pm

Quote :

Thirdly, no. No. Not just because you said 7 badges, when there's 8 badges. The custom gym leaders here do not apply as actual gym leaders, and are on an entirely different scale than that. Though I believe it was discussed why it was only permitted to staff, we never actually finished discussing this. It would not simply be a case of, "collecting all 8 badges in a region and completing a test."

It was said to me it was only staff only due to lack of members interest in the gym leaders when the sites activity dropped. Im sorry to say but there are members who are much better roleplayers some staff. Granting members the opportunity to become gym leaders is a huge way of showing the site grows and takes care of its members. If everything staff only then it shows more favourtism to staff than your average members.

Is that a good example to set?
There's a reason it was brought up to be discussed as to why it was a staff-only thing. I'm the one who brought it up Hana. I'm sorry to say that you shouldn't make assumptions about people sometimes, because I am for members having the opportunity for this. However, I cannot make the staff move any faster when it comes to discussing things. I know there are members that can role-play better than the staff, but I refuse to role-play seriously here.

Quote :

Fourthly, no one here really does character development. We aren't a serious role-play in the sense that character development and improvement isn't seen often in a sense that it impacts the characters. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I don't see it. If people want something like this to happen, then by all means they can go do it. But once people start complaining OOC about it, it becomes a problem that needs to be dealt with.

Also this is a load of BS. The whole idea on Roleplaying is creating a character that you help grow stronger and change. Thats why there is a history slot to show your characters transformation from infant to the person they are today. As your rp experience changes so does your character so saying no one here does CD is rubbish, CD is the main aspect of roleplaying.
Please do try to read what I post before you call bs on me. For the record, I said this site isn't dedicated towards that. At the most, the only change I ever see in someone's character might be that they get a new Pokemon. Maybe it changes when they request updates to their character, but once again that is a rarity. I never once said that character development does not happens here Hana. If you had read what I typed, specifically what I quoted, I bolded and underlined, you'd know that I said I never see it myself.
Sponsored content

A few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few Suggestions   A few Suggestions H6Q0F8z

A few Suggestions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1