HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Idea for trainer classes!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Darkrai
Darkrai

An Idea for trainer classes! Empty
PostSubject: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zTue May 21, 2013 9:42 pm

I suggest we re-install the Trainer Classes and actually have a purpose for them. I suggest each class gets a unique ability, thus giving a reason to choose from them in the first place. Let me give you some examples:

Pokémon Breeder: Has a very, very high chance of obtaining a shiny through egg hatching, maybe 1 in 10.

Pokémon Ranger: An almost guaranteed chance to find any specific non-legendary, non-novelty pokemon in the wild. Like, easier to find the pokemon they are looking for.

Dragon Tamer: Their dragon-type pokemon gain x1.5 exp in battles, but all other type pokemon get a 50% reduction in their exp gain.

Bug Catcher: Their bug type pokemon gain x2 exp in battles, but all other type pokemon get a 50% reduction in their exp gain.

Preschooler/Schoolboy/Youngster: Their pokemon that are yet to be evolved gain three times the normal exp gain until it reaches level 30 or evolves.

etc.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zTue May 21, 2013 9:46 pm

I love this idea. Also, I'd like to add some additional ones:

Aura Trainers - Can create stuff out of aura and Psychic Pokemon gains a X1.5 exp in battles.

Pokemon Trainer - Has a better chance of landing critical hits.
youarereta98
youarereta98

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zTue May 21, 2013 9:47 pm

I like the idea, would these all be subclasses of trainer though?
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zTue May 21, 2013 9:49 pm

Not necessarily, Reta. We could have coordinator classes too. And Shadow these examples are not the only ones to be implemented if this suggestion works out. You guys, this is just the concept :)
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zTue May 21, 2013 9:49 pm

I don't think there should be a subclass really. Just a single class and that's it.

Also here:

Coordinator - +20% chance to find items
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zTue May 21, 2013 10:23 pm

I was wondering if the trainer classes were being used beyond background information. My next character plans on being a Pokemon researcher wannabe. She will be a journalist for a newspaper but her assignment will be to write down her observations of Pokemon and trainers. She will be sort of a psychologist\sociologist in training. There is also the photographer\artist but not sure what bonuses the class would have. Then there is the character Cian in current B&W cartoon but again bonuses would be unknown to me.
legolosarrow

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zTue May 21, 2013 11:22 pm

Idea for another bonus-

Elementalists-
1.5% bonus in EXP to pokemon that match their elemental type. EX. a dark elementalist's Dark types get 1.5% exp boost.
youarereta98
youarereta98

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zTue May 21, 2013 11:23 pm

I approve of that Lego ;D, go ahead, make me a stamp of approval and just edit it into your post.
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zWed May 22, 2013 12:59 am

I would add one to the elemental category, electric.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zWed May 22, 2013 1:37 pm

This is just the concept, guys. Im glad you ike the concept, we can suggest trainer classes after the concept has been approved, if it is going to be approved, that is/
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zWed May 22, 2013 5:37 pm

That can be decided if and only this idea gets approved and only after this idea has been approved and implemented lol! And I personalyy dont think that should be allowed, cuz zomeone could take advantage of one class and then suddenly switch when they dont need that class anymore, kinda unfair advantage... abuse of system? Maybe allowed to change once if and only their pokemon are all below some level... 30?
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zWed May 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Nightmare wrote:
That can be decided if and only this idea gets approved and only after this idea has been approved and implemented lol! And I personalyy dont think that should be allowed, cuz zomeone could take advantage of one class and then suddenly switch when they dont need that class anymore, kinda unfair advantage... abuse of system? Maybe allowed to change once if and only their pokemon are all below some level... 30?

This addition to the idea would make some sense. Sometimes you have someone who really didn't know what they wanted to do and then meets up with others who are in a different field then them. After they meet up, the main character gets interested in what the new person knows and might want to take in some training or teaching from the companion. I can also see a "school\academy" being set up to teach these different areas. As for the "inherited" ones like aura masters or elementalist, they would still need some sort of training in how to control their abilities unless they are self taught and only then after years of practice.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zWed May 22, 2013 6:11 pm

Yeah a school/academy process would make things fair as long as its challenging enough.
Saber
Saber

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zWed May 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Classes should be cosmetic. You can have them affect starting pokemon and roleplaying flavor, but solid percentage-based bonuses invite abuse.
Starrunner
Arceus +
Starrunner
Arceus +

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zWed May 22, 2013 9:42 pm

In general i like the idea. If you finish it Nightmare, and other staff member agree, the idea will be approved.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zThu May 23, 2013 4:30 am

Eh, these all sound good.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zThu May 23, 2013 4:41 am

Quiz Master ain't a Trainer Class.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zThu May 23, 2013 4:46 am

They ain't Trainer Classes either.
Card
Card

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zThu May 23, 2013 4:52 am

I'd say I approve of this idea. :D
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zThu May 23, 2013 4:53 am

Heard that, Myst. We can haz dis systumz?
Starrunner
Arceus +
Starrunner
Arceus +

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8zThu May 23, 2013 10:35 am

Ok now sum all the classes on the main[first] post and I'll approve.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Idea for trainer classes!   An Idea for trainer classes! H6Q0F8z

An Idea for trainer classes!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next