HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
pikachu464
pikachu464

New Idea Empty
PostSubject: New Idea   New Idea H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 6:10 am

Allow our characters to interact with a cannon from the games, anime, manga and build a relationship with him/her. What I'm meaning is a Mod plays that cannon and my OC can build a relationship with the cannon. It can even be a boyfriendxgirlfriend relationship. To me that would make the roleplay real exciting.

I've always wanted to be paired with Paul from the anime but all Pokemon sites I ever came across before said,'No cannons' in the rules. But this would make this Pokemon RPG site different than any others out there by allowing pairings where the Mods post for the character that will be paired with the OC. And the relationship builds over time.

I know there can't be any high rating stuff, but just having the pairing and Paul kissing my OC every now and then would be awesome. Think about it. NPC and player interactions like this I think would be a very fun idea.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

New Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Idea   New Idea H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 6:41 am

You, good sir or madam, have left me completely speechless and unable to formulate a reply. Good day to you and the best of luck.
Bryan
Bryan

New Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Idea   New Idea H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 8:12 am

...Me too.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Pit
Pit

New Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Idea   New Idea H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 1:18 pm

HOLY ****! I never thought thiswould come up. I didn't suggest it because peopledon't read my suggestions. So yeah, I agree.

Note: Xero vs Red FTW!
Jikumo
Jikumo

New Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Idea   New Idea H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Maybe having special battles would be acceptable, but what you suggested with the romance between canon and players, I doubt it'll ever happen.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Jikumo
Jikumo

New Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Idea   New Idea H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 3:10 pm

Kronos wrote:
This will never happen, but id love to meet Silver.
Never say neve- *shot*
SlipperyFish
SlipperyFish

New Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Idea   New Idea H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 7:06 pm

I really like the idea but I see a problem with it. Its not uncommon for 2 different people to begin RPing with each other, so what if your person did meet a cannon, some time goes by and , lets say Brock joins you on the adventure. Now you and a friend decide to RP together, however you were both traveling with Brock. What now? Are there two brocks? If not then how would the mods RP the char development?
pikachu464
pikachu464

New Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Idea   New Idea H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 9:10 pm

Then those two couldn't rp together.
EmpoleonZach
EmpoleonZach

New Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Idea   New Idea H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 9:20 pm

I think the idea of a romance with Characters is great. Even with a cannon. A Mod or another player could play it, but it does depend on who the character is.
Bryan
Bryan

New Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Idea   New Idea H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 11:11 pm

No romance or anything about relationships. Just special battles, say, they meet and oh, "HEY, You are Red! Legendary trainer! Please have a fight with me!"
Tsu
Tsu

New Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Idea   New Idea H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 11:12 pm

but but, I wanted to fall in love with Professor Juniper.

Last edited by Goddski on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryan
Bryan

New Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Idea   New Idea H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 11:13 pm

...*facepalm*
Tsu
Tsu

New Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Idea   New Idea H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 11:14 pm

What, she's sexy.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

New Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Idea   New Idea H6Q0F8zFri Oct 25, 2013 11:52 pm

Okay so someone needs to really grind against this and get people talking other than what, the three sentence maximum I've seen in this topic.

Okay, so first things first; Canon is hard to define. This has never been solidly defined but it was assumed by everyone on the staff formerly before Lucretia was elected, that we were based off of the video game series loosely. Some characters from the canon manga do not exist in either the Anime or Video Game worlds, but have counterparts. Because of the way the site operates, we typically safely assume the only canon existing characters are; typical NPCs like Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny, Pokemon Professors/Researchers, Gym Leaders, Elite Four and typically villainous teams.

Secondly, this world mean that certain characters become incapable of interaction with each other. For example lets say that Misty and Brock are traveling with Trainer A. However, Trainer A would like to role-play with Trainer B, however both characters are romantically linked to Misty. It becomes impossible for these two characters to have intertwined stories unless they want to sacrifice a love interest and have a plot in which they fight over Misty(and Brock still can't get a female friend).

Thirdly, we're on here to not just role-play by ourselves. If we were, why bother having a site with public access for new members to register and join. I mean seriously lets be realistic. You have an NPC, who is limited to exactly who they are defined as in the canon. But over here, we have several 3 Dimensional characters who can experience growth alongside you and possibly over time develop romantic feelings for one another. It's all fine and dandy if you have no interest in getting better at role-playing by throwing a character you have into a dynamic relationship that can change as each person matures both in role-play and outside role-play. This has nothing to do with you sexual preferences or gender, you could have a male character who into whatever as long as its not Pokemon and it stays away from the M Rated stuff. (Usually the good stuff though). The problem is usually people aren't so open to doing this kind of thing.

Fourthly, why the **** do you want to limit yourself? Role-playing is, in its nature supposed to be dynamic and to the imagination. You won't imagine more if your shipping your OC with the new pokemon professor ( I ******* hate tumblr they made him look so hot). It's not dynamic because unless it becomes a fanfiction, which if you want, go to fanfiction.net and publish your OC and Misty's three sisters traveling together as you come down to a choice of which one you want. By all means go ahead. But it isn't the same as role-playing. Go out, plot with other people on the site. Seriously, people don't bite unless they're some type of radioactive mutant werewolf creature or a grumpy 18-year old who has to give an answer on this when he wants to play LoL after a day of animating classes.

Finally, I don't ******* care what happens from this topic. If you want shit to get worse, go ahead and date your favorite NPC. I sure as hell am not gonna fix whatever shit it leads to. I'll watch and laugh because in the end all that matters is whether you had your fun or not. Because I know I will.
Sponsored content

New Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Idea   New Idea H6Q0F8z

New Idea
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1