HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gym Leaders Tournament

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Kyu622

Gym Leaders Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 1:58 am

So hey guys. I just had a random idea (and, as you get to k ow me, you'll find that this is a common occurrence). As the title suggests, what if we had a tournament where we put aside our own characters for a while and instead controlled the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Champions of the five current regions?if you guys like that idea, I could create a tournament chart and we could see which of these npcs is the strongest!
Acid_Silence

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 2:00 am

Nice idea! Have one of the mods give the guys numbers and we all give one out and thats who we control.
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 2:07 am

That's also a good idea. I'd give a mod who wouldn't be competing the tournament bracket, and they could match up the NPCs with the people that would like to participate, and they would make it work so that no one would have to face each other. I'd do that myself, but I plan on competing myself and wouldn't want people to think I'm giving myself an advantage.
Acid_Silence

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 2:09 am

Hmm thats a better idea. All of them have lvl 50 Pokemon and lets say 3v3 or 6v6?
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 2:15 am

Yeah, I'll use the PWT teams for the Gym Leaders and Champions, and the final teams for the Elite Four. First two rounds can be 3v3, last three can be 6v6.
Acid_Silence

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 2:17 am

32 leaders 5 champions and 20 Elites that is 57......How about thru poll of favorite person? That person gets a bye?
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 2:25 am

Don't forget that some changed in between games (Koga to Janine and Wallace to Juan) because of promotion, Blue took over after Giovanni went missing, Bruno is in both the Kanto and Johto Elite 4, Lance got promoted to Champion from Elite 4, I'll probably count Tate and Liza as separate like they did in Black 2, and Cheren, Roxie, and Marlon were added in Black 2, not to mention the triplets of Straiton and multiple champions (Steven/Wallace and Alder/Iris). My goal was to include as many as possible. so that makes...71. Hmm....according to the tournament bracket generator, the most logical way to deal with that are to have "pigtail" rounds (Where you have to battle to get into the tournament.)
Acid_Silence

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 2:28 am

71! Geez so how many will get into the tournament? Top 32 by most wins in 7 rounds?
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 2:30 am

I'm thinking it will go something like this. http://www.printyourbrackets.com/71-team-tournament-bracket.html
Acid_Silence

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 2:33 am

Alright so then lets do this! This oughta be good! No items so lets get this idea underway!
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 2:36 am

Agreed on the no items! And yeah, just comment below if you're interested! I'll need a mod who is willing to assign characters to people, or if worse comes to worse I'll do it myself (promise I'll do it randomly).
Acid_Silence

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 2:37 am

You should know by now that I'm in!
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 2:42 am

Yeah, I kind of guessed lol XD
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 5:53 am

Or you can just do it in the free "roleplay" section of the forum that is non-canonical. That way you can do it however you want, and we don't need to distract moderators with something that isn't really affecting any characters.
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 6:04 am

Um, not trying to be rude here, but this was just an idea, not meant to be a distraction. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to me it just seems like you're saying, "Its not a bad idea, but it might be considered a distraction for more important things, so how about you just move it to an area where it won't distract anyone?" I'm just saying this could be a fun, Pokemon related RP event, and sure, I can move it to the free roleplay area, no problem, its just that the way you said your post made it feel like it wasn't important enough to be part of the main forum. And if that's the case, I guess there's nothing I can really do about that :|
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 6:12 am

No, more that I'm encouraging your creativity, however the tournament in no way encourages the development of your own characters. In addition it puts you in canonical control of a character that only moderators are meant to use. Whereas in the free rp forum you wont need moderators breathing down your neck and wont need the staff to give consent on every little thing to do with said tournament.
Kyu622

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8zMon Feb 04, 2013 6:13 am

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. I wasn't so sure what you meant. Sorry if I was a little rude earlier :|
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders Tournament   Gym Leaders Tournament H6Q0F8z

Gym Leaders Tournament
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1