HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

maylene's defeat [open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

maylene's defeat [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: maylene's defeat [open]   maylene's defeat [open] H6Q0F8zFri Jun 29, 2012 8:57 pm

Maylene had been training when she heard someone enter the gym. She took a towel off a nearby rack and started to walk over to him, a smirk on her face. "Hello. I'm pleased to meet you. I'm Maylene, and I'm the Gym Leader. I don't really know what it means to be strong, or how I got to be the Gym Leader. But I will do the best I can as the Gym Leader. I take battling very seriously. Whenever you're ready!" Maylene threw out her first pokemon, Meditite. She was ready to battle, just awaiting for the trainer to send out his first pokemon.

maylene's defeat [open] Maylene%28DPP%29Sprite
maylene's defeat [open] 307maylene's defeat [open] 067maylene's defeat [open] 448
Meditite (lvl 28), Machoke (lvl 29), Lucario (lvl 32)

Rewards: Cobble Badge, TM60 (Drain Punch)
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: maylene's defeat [open]   maylene's defeat [open] H6Q0F8zSun Jul 01, 2012 5:41 am

Maylene relies mainly on her sense of strategy rather than full out brute strength. She knew she would have to think a bit with this one, knowing anything is possible. Defense was probably the best tactic in this situation. "Alright, Meditite, use detect." Meditite nodded and seemed to focus closely on the Arbok's movements, waiting for any possible movement that would hint at an oncoming strike.
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: maylene's defeat [open]   maylene's defeat [open] H6Q0F8zThu Jul 05, 2012 9:42 pm

OOC: Don't worry about battle acronyms. Chances are I'll have heard of them. Like DOT, AOE, DPS, ect. I'm a very experienced RPG player.

Meditate was able to avoid the incoming yawns as it's managed to jump skillfully around the Arbok. Maylene was thankful detect was such a useful defense technique. The poison sting however was a little unexpected. Maylene had little time to tell Meditite to dodge and watched as her pokemon took the damage. It seemed to almost knock Meditite out in one go. "Meditite, you're doing fine. Come on, let's try a little Confusion!" Meditite nodded and focused on the target, before sending a telekinetic force flying at Arbok, in hopes of not only doing damage but also to confuse it.
LiaraKirkwall
LiaraKirkwall

PostSubject: Re: maylene's defeat [open]   maylene's defeat [open] H6Q0F8zFri Jul 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Maylene was quick to respond to the incoming attack. "Meditite, dodge it!" Though before the pokemon had a real chance to get away the beam blasted down on it with intense power. Maylene frowned as she returned her pokemon to it's pokeball. "Not what I expected, but that Arbok is pretty strong. No worries. Come on out Machoke!" Machoke came out of his pokeball, pumped and ready for battle. "Alright, let's get it going with a Seismic Toss!" Machoke would then run at the pokemon Arc had out, whether he stuck with Arbok or had swapped out, and attempt to grab them with his immense strength.

Arbok has gained 28xp
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: maylene's defeat [open]   maylene's defeat [open] H6Q0F8zSat Jul 14, 2012 10:55 pm

((I'll note to you once again to be careful about what you say you trained your pokemon in. If it's natural that they aren't fast, and you've trained them, that doesn't mean they are professionals in the matter... And please work on your posting, as you have alot of capitalization errors.))

Maylene, nonsuspectant of the incoming attack, was surprised, though she immediately told her pokemon to dodge, of which it did. Based on the time that she had told it to dodge, it recieved some of the damage, but not the full effect.

"It sounds like you've been working quite hard with your pokemon and training, though are you sure that will be enough," Maylene asked, seeing if she could provoke the trainer into attacking.

Last edited by SuicuneFang on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: maylene's defeat [open]   maylene's defeat [open] H6Q0F8zFri Jul 20, 2012 10:50 am

((Doing an assessment of the fainted pokemon for the leader...))
Leader Pokemon | Gym Rewards:
Cobble Badge, TM60 (Drain Punch)
Meditite | Lvl 28 | Fainted
Machoke | Lvl 29 | Alive | 5 Hits Left
Lucario | Lvl 32 | Alive | ? Hits

"It's always pleasant to see a trainer that has a strong bond with his pokemon. However, even though you have highly trained pokemon, that does not mean that they are professionals at battling." Maylene watched as her machoke took some damage because of the sandstorm, though she wasn't about to let him|her be hit by those flying rocks. "Machoke, use karate chop at any rocks that head toward you, then when you get the chance, use low sweep on that tyranitar!" She watched as her machoke did at told, chopping up the rocks that flew at it whilst heading for the tyranitar. Since it was still in the air, machoke jumped to reach it's height, then used low sweep against the pokemon.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: maylene's defeat [open]   maylene's defeat [open] H6Q0F8zSat Jul 21, 2012 11:40 am

Machoke | Lvl 29 | Alive | 5 Hits Left

((You didn't state whether your tyranitar dodged, and you are once again about to overpower your pokemon by saying they are fighting experts, when techniquely, you really haven't trained them that much [and I will continue to think this unless you have evidence where you have trained much]...))
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: maylene's defeat [open]   maylene's defeat [open] H6Q0F8zSat Jul 21, 2012 1:29 pm

Machoke | Lvl 29 | Alive | 4 Hits Left

((Alright, so that's settled, but watch the "fighting expert" thing unless you have evidence to show to back that up, alright?))

Machoke saw the incoming hyper beam, and it canceled it's low sweep attempt, and instead tried moving to the side, though it was in midair. It successfully managed to move away and take partial damage, though it still took damage. It landed on the groudn, then jumped up again. "Alright Machoke, since the low sweep attempt didn't work, use karate chop," Maylene said, watching as machoke had it's hand ready to chop the tyranitar.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: maylene's defeat [open]   maylene's defeat [open] H6Q0F8zSun Jul 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Machoke | Lvl 29 | Alive | 3 Hits Left

Machoke had no choice but to take the attack. It wasn't as able to move away in mid air as it would on the ground, and it had just finished an attack. It was bitten, and it wasn't very happy about it either. It still waited for Maylene to tell it what it had to do, and he was glad when she told him what to do. "Use leer, then attack with revenge," Maylene commanded, and the machoke instantly began using leer to lower the tyranitar's defence. After it had seen whether it had worked or not, It proceeded to attacking with revenge, which would do double the damage it normally would have considering the machoke had just taken damage a few moments ago.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: maylene's defeat [open]   maylene's defeat [open] H6Q0F8zThu Jul 26, 2012 4:14 pm

Machoke | Lvl 29 | Alive | 3 Hits Left

[[I can see how the hyper beam would become slightly bigger if it were angry and packing a little more punch into it, but the largeness of which I think when I read that doesn't say slightly Atlas, nor does the speed.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: maylene's defeat [open]   maylene's defeat [open] H6Q0F8zSat Jul 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Machoke | Lvl 29 | Alive | 2 Hits Left

Machoke didn't stand a chance against dodging an attack that was of that size. He just waited and took the damage, and since it was preparing to take the damage, the attack did not do as much that it probably would have had the pokemon attempted to dodge. The machoke flew away and landed aroudn it's trainer, a little dizzy from the impact of the attack. Maylene told the machoke to get up, that the battle wasn't over and it did as it was told. "Well, now you have to wait a litlte while so your pokemon can recharge from the hyper beam." Maylene looked at machoke, then to the opposing pokemon. "Use revenge again Machoke," she said, and watched as the machoke started heading for the tyranitar. The attack was guarenteed to hit this time, as the opposing pokemon was forced to rest after using the attack it had just used.
Markj1998
Administrator
Markj1998
Administrator
Location : Definitely not in the cupboard... what i said not in the cupboard go away!

PostSubject: Re: maylene's defeat [open]   maylene's defeat [open] H6Q0F8zMon Aug 06, 2012 9:35 pm

Maylene gasped calling out "No!" as the weary Machoke looked up being struck by the move and falling to the ground it attempted to then use a final move if Tyranitar had it's way. Maylene calling "Now Brick Break" Machoke lunging forwards his glowing fist moving towards Tyranitar with the last bit of strength it had.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: maylene's defeat [open]   maylene's defeat [open] H6Q0F8z

maylene's defeat [open]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next