HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Double Posting Rule Change Suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Alixandria
Alixandria

Double Posting Rule Change Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Double Posting Rule Change Suggestion   Double Posting Rule Change Suggestion H6Q0F8zTue Sep 23, 2014 4:35 am

So I have been told obviously about my double posting is not allowed in anyway, however I want to pose an argument toward this rule. Now I realize I am new to this site but not new to rping as I have been rping on and off for 15 years. I have gotten to experience a lot of different sites and a lot of rules over my time.

Now I'm not suggestion first and foremost that the rule should not exist, there would be a lot of problems in doing so. Such as people abusing battling, gym battles, and training above all else. However I do see making rules on when double posting should be allowed. So what are these restrictions exactly, well basically it would be disallowing people from double posting when they are training, battling, or once another person joins their thread. That way they are only allowed to double post when doing character development between them, their pokemon, or other family connected npc's that they would rather rp themselves.

What are the benefits of allowing double posting on the site with these set rules. Well it shows activity, allowing people to continue pushing forward their own threads until someone wants to tag along will help prove to people that people on here really want to post and keep posting. Proving activity helps a site grow more than anything else, if you have no activity you have no site.

As well it gives people a reason to continue forth instead of just giving up cause lack of someone posting in their thread. Though there is mods that can jump into threads temporarily to help solve this issue. Though it will not solve long term issues of someone not posting in their thread. Also if the mods are the only ones posting in the threads, people will only think activity comes from the mods anyway. Though I actually do think that this is a good thing that mods help push threads along.

Well what if someone literally just wants to make a non combat thread within this pokemon universe....well let them. If they are not hurting anyone then a good story is a good story, whether one person is writing it or multiple. One of the worse things you can do is restrict writers from writing.

Yes as stated in the beginning, rules still need to be put forth to stop people from taking advantage of the sites main goal of pokemon leveling and gaining gym badges. But, we should no punish those who wish to desire to push forward on their interactions they want to have with their own selves whether it be because no one will join their thread or because they wish it to be that way.

Let me know how you all feel about this topic as I think it is a very important discussion to have. Remember, the main goal of what I am trying to accomplish is allowing writers to do what they do best but above all else help with activity.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Double Posting Rule Change Suggestion   Double Posting Rule Change Suggestion H6Q0F8zSat Oct 18, 2014 4:32 am

I am heavily confused as a returning administrator to these boards. I am not aware that we punish people who have the intent of performing solo topics. Double-posting, to my express knowledge is punished when it occurs outside of solo topics and areas it is not considered appropriate, since there is a function to edit your own posts.

Then again I only loosely enforce rules, and really it should be worded in a better way now that I look at it. Thank you for bringing this up and I will look into having it altered. I will promptly ask that other staff members contribute their opinion to this discussion since I have been absent for some time.

EDIT ONE: I looked through any topics involving you and I cannot see anyone having comment on your double-posting. If possible, could you provide me any solid evidence that anyone was talking about it. Names aren't necessary.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Double Posting Rule Change Suggestion   Double Posting Rule Change Suggestion H6Q0F8zSat Oct 18, 2014 6:09 am

I think we talked about it in the chatbox and on skype quite a lot. To my knowledge, double-posting was actively discouraged and I've never seen anything about solo topics because they're practically fanfiction. Why role play with yourself when you can just write a story in the fanfic section or another site? Although Alix had other reasons for wanting (or needing?) to do that, so those points aren't as relevant.

Just pitching in since you were curious. Off I go again.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double Posting Rule Change Suggestion   Double Posting Rule Change Suggestion H6Q0F8z

Double Posting Rule Change Suggestion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1