HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Dragon Kurai

Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jun 19, 2014 4:29 am

"Of course. Just remember that if you know any information regarding it to contact the number at the bottom," the nurse told Amber, giving her a light smile as she signed her and her companion up for a night's stay at the center. Within a few moments she was scrambling behind the desk, locating a key for the two. She set the little card on the top of the counter, holding the clipboard over to Amber and her hooded fellow. "Just sign here so we know you were here," she told Amber. "A few people have, well, been disappearing recently..."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jun 22, 2014 2:08 am

Nodding toward the nurse as she gave her first statement, Amber grabbed the paper and listened to the rest of her words. Taking a pen out of a small cup containing them, she signed the paper with interest. The nurse's last statement made her preoccupied, and she had just looked down to notice that she'd accidentally signed her real name. Crap, I was going to use a fake one, I should really stop doing things before stopping to thing. Ah well. She held the pen out for the Alpha to take and sign his own "name".

"Disappearances?" Amber questioned, though she tried not to sound too interested, they were, after all, a shady pair checking into the Pokemon Center at quite a late hour, "do they know what or who's behind them?"
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jun 22, 2014 7:56 am

"Nobody knows," the nurse running the desk told Amber. "People just disappear. A few have returned, but they seem brainwashed..." The alpha took the pen and signed a fake alias, looking to Amber before he gestured toward the rooms. "Let's not take up anymore of the nurse's time," he told her quietly, his canines nudging over to him when he moved.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jun 22, 2014 10:35 pm

"Thank you," Amber nodded and shot the nurse a quick and thankful smile. Then, she took the key and turned, heading in the direction of their room. Finding the right door, at least the door with a number that matched the one inscribed on the key, she pushed the key into the lock and turned it, hoping she had the right room.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jun 22, 2014 11:52 pm

The room's lock came undone as the key was pushed in, a familiar click echoing lightly as the door cracked open a small bit. "Looks like this is the right room," the alpha told Amber. "Now did the nurse lie to us or not?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Jun 27, 2014 12:41 am

"She seemed honest enough, but you can never be too careful around people. Seemingly honorable people seem to always carry a dark side," she sighed, thinking of the foster family she once had. "Should we be worried about these disappearances?"

As she talked with the Alpha, she allowed everyone to enter and closed the door behind them for privacy. Most of her exhausted Pack made their way to one of the beds and curled up together, falling almost immediately asleep.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Jun 27, 2014 3:05 am

"Worried," the alpha questioned. "No, of course not; I'm sure that local authorities are already into investigating such an anomaly." He walked over to the bed Amber's pack hadn't jumped to and passed out upon. He sat on the side, his two canines jumping onto the pile of mattresses and frame at the foot. "I'd say we should be more curious than anything, but I doubt we should meddle into such affairs..." He lowered his hood again, looking to Amber. "We shouldn't attract attention to ourselves, especially after what has recently transpired. If the issue persists into the next town, we could ask around, but not here."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Jun 30, 2014 10:31 pm

"You're probably right," Amber sighed, "I doubt we're connected with it in any way. Though knowing my luck, it's a possibility. She made her way to her canine filled bed, and gently wriggled herself under the covers and around the various curled balls of fur. Both Amethyst took her place on the pillow right beside Amber's head while Carnation got up and re-adjusted herself so that she was curled right onto her trainer's stomach. Amber looked to the darkened window and yawned, she didn't realize how tired she was. She also took a moment to make sure the oddly colored egg now resting on her nightstand was fine before releasing another deep yawn and closing her eyes. "I haven't had the best luck when it came to getting a full night's rest, either," she sighed, "maybe I'll be lucky tonight. Goodnight."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Jun 30, 2014 10:40 pm

[Darnit I forgot what he looked like .3.]

The alpha sighed after Amber seemed to lay down. He waited for her to fall asleep, his intentions of getting any snuffed out when he started thinking about what he had done to his old home. "All of my belongings were there," he thought to himself. The only thing that he really had left now were his canine friends, his clothing, and his robe to go with his odd appearance. He also seemed to hold a bit of cash in his pocket, but it wasn't much. He stared outside the window towards the sky, twitching his genuine ears a few times before he turned his attention to the door. All he had for the night was observation and grooming his two closest companions with his hand alongside his imagination. His thoughts soon shifted from burning down his old home to what his old friends had really been researching in regards to the collars.

[I'm not going into the next morning since it's your topic and you should transition the time. Also, does Amber have the old collar or was that lost to the policeman earlier?]
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 02, 2014 8:22 pm

(Same here x3 And I believe she kept the collar, though I'm not 100% certain)

Time passed... and for once, Amber slept until morning.

Amber had enjoyed her dark, dreamless sleep. It was nice to take a break and just let go, allowing the heat of the blankets around her and the mysterious sounds of night-dwelling Pokemon to lull her into a deep sleep. She was glad she hadn't dreamed, hers usually weren't of the happy variety. Carnation was sprawled out, still atop her stomach, and the rest of the pack seemed to be equally asleep. Rubbing her eyes, the trainer peered toward the bed beside her, wondering if the Alpha had awoken yet or not.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Jul 08, 2014 3:03 am

The alpha had, since staying awake, gotten up and moved over to the window. His two canines were asleep on the bed in his place, the man's eyes showing just how restless of a night he had undergone. "Are we awake," he questioned Amber, having heard her head tilt when she peered over at the bed.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 16, 2014 1:20 am

"Yeah," Amber replied with a tired yawn, "it's a miracle nothing attacked me while I was asleep. I've had a bad track record in that area," she chuckled as she gently lifted Carnation off of her belly and gently next to Amethyst. Though she was careful, the little Tenebris blinked awake and peered tiredly toward her trainer with a wistful glance. A slight smile crossed Amber's face, and she started to run her hand down the wolf Pokemon's neck while she regarded the Alpha. "So, uh, what's our next move? I still want a Pewter Badge, but I'm not sure if you'll be noticed if we stay in the open for as long as the battle lasts..."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed Jul 16, 2014 1:33 am

"Well, you could go and get your badge while I stay here," the alpha suggested to Amber. "I could use a bit of time to think... And after staying up, I may just be able to rest if my thoughts soothe down."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jul 19, 2014 4:13 am

"If that's what you think is best," Amber replied. She shifted and rolled out of bed, groaning as she realized she had fallen asleep in her travel clothes. Sleeping in pants always makes my legs hurt. It was a small complaint considering what she's been through lately, but she was glad she could think such a petty thought. It reminded her that she was still herself, and all of the turmoil around her still hasn't altered herself. She prodded Ash with her foot, and the Mightyena blinked awake with a wide yawn crossing his face. His shifting seemed to have woken the rest of the Pack, and they all slowly blinked away. "It may be a little early," the girl chuckled, "hopefully a battle will wake them up."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat Jul 19, 2014 4:19 am

The alpha didn't really respond further to Amber. He would wait for her to leave the room before he'd lock it, but she was still there. He figured it rude to not give her a kind farewell, and as such, he looked to her. "See you after your battle," he spoke, his voice showing how exhausted he was. He turned around after speaking to Amber, looking out the window as he had been.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Jul 21, 2014 2:49 am

"Sounds good," Amber said as she walked out the door. Her drowsy pack were quick at her heels, with Ash taking his usual place by her side. The rest trailed in their respective places, save for Carnation, who seemed to have hitched a ride on Azure's back, mewing happily. The group made their way out of the Pokemon Center as fast as they could, and Amber slightly waved toward the nurse at the desk before she left out of the automatic door, which opened with a satisfactory mechanical 'woosh'.

Looking around, the trainer realized that she didn't have any idea where the Gym actually was. "Uh..." she trailed off, looking first to the left then the right. Picking out a large, important looking building, she turned and headed toward it. With a sigh of relief, she read Pewter Gym off of a large stone sign nearby. "Well," she said, stopping in front of the doors, "here goes nothing. Let's do our best, guys!" She nodded toward her Pack, and entered the Gym.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Jul 21, 2014 3:11 am

Inside of the gym, there was a stranger that noticed Amber walking in. "Greetings," the stranger spoke enthusiastically, walking in the center of the hallway that would let Amber proceed. "Are you here to challenge the gym?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jul 27, 2014 3:58 am

"Yes," Amber replied with a glint of determination in her eyes. One hand balled into a fist, and she scoped out the gym. Still, there was a lingering doubt. She didn't have the greatest track record when it came to luck. She managed to get a full day's of sleep, was it wise to expect nothing to happen during the battle? She shook her head and pushed the thought aside. It's just nerves making me over-think things. This badge is mine! "Are you the Gym Leader?"
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jul 27, 2014 4:04 am

"Of course not," the stranger laughed, adjusting his glasses with his index finger. "I'm just the one watching out over the gym when the leader isn't feeling well or has to head out elsewhere... He's been a bit busy recently with some going-ons." The stranger turned and stepped forward a few times, gesturing Amber to follow. "He can't be challenged right now, so I'll be your substitute leader."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Jul 29, 2014 3:31 am

"Oh," Amber said, instinctively glancing around to determine the truthfulness of the man's statement. She wasn't trusting, and it was almost second-nature of her to doubt anything said. Of course, as of late, her fried nerves have made quite a dent on this habit. Still, it seemed to be slowly crawling back, and she bit her lip. There's no one around, he's probably telling the truth. This is a rock type gym, hopefully that holds true with whatever Pokemon this guy has. "Well I'll be challenging you, then."

She made her way toward the arena centering the Gym, and her Pack followed closely behind. Once settled in the challenger's position, they all looked to their trainer questioningly. "Azure, you're up," Amber smiled, knowing the wolf's strange typing and enthusiasm would serve her well to the mysterious opponent.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Jul 29, 2014 3:44 am

"You have nothing to fear," the stranger told Amber, grabbing his pokemon from its ball in his pocket. "I'm speaking the honest truth... I'm in no position to lie... Who knows; maybe if you defeat me I can tell you what the gym leader has been doing." He gave Amber something to boost her desire to win the battle. "I only have one pokemon sadly; the gym leader was supposed to help me capture more to train and befriend, but with him being busy..." The stranger chuckled, an eerie feeling filling the gym as the lights dimmed a bit and focused on the arena.

"So, are you ready?" He tossed his sole pokeball into the air, a flash arising before an aerodactyl was revealed. "Because even though this is my only pokemon, I can tell you now it'll pack a punch."

Aerodactyl - Female - Lvl 22
Moves: Iron Head, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Wing Attack, Bite || Supersonic, Scary Face, Roar, Agility
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 31, 2014 8:15 pm

Amber held in a groan as she sensed superior strength radiate off of the Pokemon in front of her. In comparison, Azure stood on the field with a lopsided grin on his face and tongue lolling out the side of his mouth as he seemed more focused on the small pebbles the flying type's wing beats were causing to skid across the ground than the actual might of his opponent. The Kyansei, no matter how enthusiastic, wouldn't last long. Still, she wasn't about to give up or actually admit to that fact.

"It's on. Azure, let's start things with a Mist, we don't want anything hindering you more than..." she trailed off, about to say our current strengths. Barking happily, the ice wolf wagged his lava-like tail as a ball of hazy mist began to build within his mouth. Once built up, he raised his head and swung it downward, causing the ball to crash against the floor and expel the watery fog. If effective, it'd do two things: protect Azure as well as any teammates switched in from losing any stats as well as apply effective cover from attack. Of course, the latter could be used to both side's advantage.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jul 31, 2014 8:19 pm

Moves: Iron Head, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Wing Attack, Bite || Supersonic, Scary Face, Roar, Agility

The trainer facing off against Amber found her first move a useful one. "Scary face and then thunder fang," he commanded, his aerodactyl putting on the spookiest face it could think of (*insert magical face here*). If and when her opponent saw it, she would move in to strike with her fangs.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Aug 04, 2014 9:04 pm

(Is it this face?)

Amber smirked slightly as the Mist's effect prevented the Scary Face from having an impact. So far so good. That was her thought, anyway, until the electrically charged teeth of Aerodactyl lunged at Azure, who was having a hard time seeing the ancient bird. Despite the non-effect of the Scary Face in lowering the wolf's speed, it was still enough to distract him and allow the attack to hit. Azure yelped in pain, and he had taken quite a lot of damage. Still, he bared his teeth and growled toward the flying type. One more hit would be enough to bring him down, but he wasn't about to give up. Amber had no choice but to let him continue, knowing it would upset the puppy-like Pokemon more if she forced him back.

"Azure, Growl then Toxic." Nodding, the Kyansei jumped into action. At first, his bared teeth gained more menace as a feral growl erupted from his throat, meant to lower his foe's attack. Then, his eyes glowed with a temporary purple light as a ball of sludge-like energy formed in front of his mouth. As if tossing a frisbee, he reared his head to the side and swung it to the other, launching the ball toward Aerodactyl in an attempt to badly poison her.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Aug 04, 2014 9:08 pm

[You wish it were that face .3.]

5 Hits Remaining | Poisoned: 2 turns
----- Moves -----
Iron Head, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Wing Attack, Bite
Supersonic, Scary Face, Roar, Agility

The pokemon that was opposing Amber gave a light screech when the toxic made contact, the pokemon capable of dodging the move prior just before the steaming purple ball hit. "You're a strong trainer," the stranger told Amber, giving her a light smile before he looked to his pokemon. "Aerodactyl, bite," he called out, his pokemon having gone into a small spiral headed downwards. Quickly correcting its flight pattern, the pokemon rushed towards its opponent with teeth bared.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next