HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The first recruit (Solena)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat May 03, 2014 8:32 pm

"No, but thanks for the offer," Solena smiled, "and thanks for everything. I wouldn't know where I'd be without you today! I'll keep in touch. And-" she paused for one moment, as if in thought, "and I do hope you find what you've been looking for. In Lumiose and everywhere else. It's nice to have a goal, even if it's one that other people don't understand. Keep going at it and I'm sure it'll come true. I'll stay in touch and help any way I can, it's what friends are for." She timidly shuffled her feet, it had taken a lot to say what was on her mind. She had made her first friend in Kalos, and hopefully she and her Pokemon would meet many more to come. The way Galahad had phrased his question made it sound like a goodbye, though she was quite open to having him stick around if he so chose. She paused, waiting to see if he was going to follow or turn away, off to search for more supporters of his goals.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun May 04, 2014 1:52 am

"Wait..." Galahad said, taking a cautious step towards her. "I, I don't think I'll find anything else useful here. Besides, the bright lights of the city tend to be too much for me and gengar after a while anyway. It's just too much for me to try and live the life of someone in a place like this. Besides, I haven't had any sort of real adventure in months." He stopped, still a couple paces between him and Solena. "So, what I'm saying is, if it's no issue to you, would you allow me to travel with you for a time?" He said, nervously scratching the back of his head.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSat May 10, 2014 3:22 am

(Gonna introduce my adopted Salamence~)

"Sure!" Solena replied without hesitation. "The more the merrier, I always say. Besides, you're my first friend in this region, I wouldn't let you down!" The statement caused Vek to loudly sigh and roll his eyes, muttering in PokeSpeak under his breath. Scala and Iccus seemed more open to the statement, and both observed Galahad with open curiosity. The Dragon Tamer and her Pokemon were happily making there way toward the training area when a familiar sensation suddenly pricked in the back of the Tamer's mind. It feels like a powerful dragon presence... maybe someone from the village?

The ground around Solena's feet suddenly grew darker as a shadow appeared overhead, growing larger as the dragon she sensed grew nearer. In one swift wingbeat, the mighty Pokemon halted, hovering right above the girl, to her great astonishment. Not knowing what it was about, she started speaking through telepathy, giving Galahad an apologetic look as the silent transfer of thought began.

I'm not familiar with your energy, you're not a Dragon I recognize from my village. Are you lost?

In a way, the Salamence replied with a low bow of his head as he landed in the gap between Solena and Galahad. my trainer no longer has use for me. I've been wandering since then, but all foes and allies I've found have not been of interest. This land is unfamiliar to me, the winds have blown me here from Hoenn.

So why stop in front of me. You've traveled a long way, and I'm far from foe or ally! Arceus knows why someone would let a Dragon as powerful as you go...

I find your energy to be close to my old master's. You lack the same battle instinct he had, but there is something else within you. You can speak to me, for one. That's something I've never experienced before. I'd like to see what is so familiar and alien about you. His head bent lower, and a Pokeball became visible, grasped between mighty teeth. It is time that I serve under a Trainer once more.

"Hopefully I'll do you good, Thanatos," Solena smiled, still quite startled by the transfer that occurred. The name had come to her mind and lingered until the Salamence gave his acceptance of it. It was so sudden, and such a powerful Dragon recognized her of all people! She took the Pokeball from the beast's mighty jaws, and officially claimed ownership of the Salamence. Iccus and Scala were quick to greet their new companion, with the Swablu happily flitting around it and the Trapinch climbing her way onto his back. Vek seemed a little weary, and a tingle of jealousy raised in his mind toward the much more powerful dragon.

Solena rolled her eyes up at Vek, and turned back at Galahad with a quick grin. "That surly doesn't happen every day! Should we go find a training spot now?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun May 11, 2014 8:40 pm

Galahad was surprised to see the large dragon type fly in out of no where. He knew his gengar was powerful, but he wasn't sure whether or not his pokemon could fight the salamance should it become aggressive. It didn't though, instead, it seemed to...converse with Solena. When the beast gave her the pokeball, Galahad began to breathe normally, knowing a battle wouldn't erupt in the streets. "Whoa...that was awesome Solena." Galahad said, truly impressed at her calm demeanor in the face of such a creature. "Oh, yeah...let's go." Galahad said, walking towards the gate. "Let's get training."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zWed May 14, 2014 4:08 am

"Sounds good to me!" Solena said with enthusiasm. She noticed the strange way Galahad had glanced at her: with admiration, and a faint flush of heat built in her cheeks. "And what happened just now was nothing. I've been raised with dragons all my life, I'm used to big scary things like that. Now, if it were a Volcalrona, I'd be curled up in a ball waiting for it to leave, bugs weren't meant to get that big," she chuckled, trying to change the subject from her own accomplishments. She returned Thanatos to his ball for now, as the big dragon would have a hard time fitting through the gate, and she didn't want to cause any damage. Trekking behind Galahad, she allowed him to lead the way to the route beyond Lumiose.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu May 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Galahad chuckled a little at Solena's comment. "Don't worry, I'd keep you safe from any big bug." He said, not really thinking as he did so. It was only after he realized he couldn't take it back that what he said dawned on him. He flushed a little but kept walking. "So, how would you like to start training? Against me or against some of the wild pokemon around here?" He said, trying to change the subject himself.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu May 22, 2014 12:56 am

Solena mused the question herself, not quite sure what she wanted to do. "I'm not sure if any of my Pokemon are quite ready to take on your Gengar yet," she laughed, forgetful of her newest Salamence teammate resting within his Pokeball, "so how about we find some wild Pokemon or a trainer to battle? It may be fun to have a double battle as teammates together if we can find someone to fight. I'd like to see how people do it in Kalos, it must be so different than Sinnoh!" She was too excited to realize how quickly Galahad seemed to change topics, and her bubbly personality didn't open her up to scrutinizing him.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri May 23, 2014 2:11 am

Galahad couldn't help but laugh a little at Solena's eagerness. "Alright then. Let's find you something to battle then. Shouldn't be too hard to find something around here." He said, looking around at the grass. We'll split up, if you need help, just shout." He said, smiling at her. He then wandered off into the grass. He wasn't aiming to battle himself, his gengar was strong enough for things here, but he just wanted to see how Solena would battle.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Jun 02, 2014 10:33 pm

Solena did intend to set out and do some serious training, but her face burned red as she set out away from Galahad. She could feel his eyes on her, and though she knew he wasn't judging her, a crippling shyness washed over her as she simply stood in the middle of the grassy clearing. Her arms were slightly shaking, and she couldn't bring herself to do anything at the moment. I don't want him to see me mess things up. I'll train when he's not around, I don't want to fail in front of him!

You've got to be kidding me, Vek sighed, I wanted to train, not watch you choke. Who cares what he thinks. The Noibat knew it was pointless to argue, though. Solena was adamant, and arguing would just make her want to train even less.

Glancing back toward Galahad, she shot him an apologetic smile before jogging back toward him. "I-It didn't seem like the right conditions for training just yet," she lied. Terribly. "S-So what now?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Jun 02, 2014 11:56 pm

Galahad was surprised. He had actually expected her to train, he tried to make his presence something that would go unnoticed. Clearly it didn't work. "Well, I'm not sure. I guess there is more to do in the city...maybe get coffee..." He said, awkwardly drawing an arc in the dirt. Then he heard a noise and looked up, something was charging for them. "Get behind me!" He said, standing in front of Solena. He quickly saw the purple creature running towards them, and it's aura. It was afraid. "Whoa, stop. You're safe." He said, putting his hands out and pushing his aura. The nidorino slowed down and stopped, looking up at Galahad. "I don't know yet what you were running from, but I can promise that I will give you a safe place to call home. Will you come with me?" He said, holding out an empty pokeball. The poison type pondered the offer for a moment, then poked it's horn into the device, being captured. Turning back to Solena Galahad chuckled. "So...how about that coffee?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jun 05, 2014 8:16 pm

"Sounds good to me!" Solena replied enthusiastically. She was more of a green tea and natural herb person, but she wasn't going to complain or burst Galahad's bubble.

Have you even had coffee before? Vek asked rhetorically, rolling his eyes. You're going to try a sip and spit it right out, mark my words. I'm always right.

Oh, be quiet, Solena replied telepathically, you're never right, and I'm sure it tastes great. You never judge anything right, and last I checked, you've never had any either.

Looking back toward Galahad, she shot him an apologetic look. "Sorry, internal dialog probably gets annoying," she chuckled, "I'm too used to Vek being my only company in Kalos. Bad company, but all I've got. So, uh, want to lead the way?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jun 05, 2014 10:34 pm

Galahad just smiled and chuckled a little as he watched the trainer and pokemon mentally bicker. He had no idea what it was about, but he figured it had something to do with his presence. It seemed that his being around caused a bit of trouble for Vek. "No big deal Solena. Sometimes you just have to work with what you have. Now, let's get going. I think I know a cafe that has a bit of everything. That way you won't have to worry about what's on the menu." He said, turning and walking back towards the city.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Jun 05, 2014 11:15 pm

Solena gave an enthusiastic nod and followed close behind Galahad. Vek, of course, remained on his nest made of his trainer's hair. Scala was happily glancing about the route, taking all of the new sights in while trailing closely behind Solena. Iccus, on the other hand, was flitting in the air and trying to avoid any bit of grass or pollen that blew its way toward her, not too keen on having to groom herself twice in a day. The merry group of four would follow Galahad, wherever he lead.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Jun 06, 2014 2:22 am

Galahad walked through the gate and returned to the hustle of the city. Adjusting his eyes to the brighter lights and increased movement, he kept walking. He traveled slowly so as to avoid losing Solena in the mob. This walk was rather silent on Galahad's end, mostly because he had nothing to say. After a bit of time he found the cafe in question, a quaint little place he'd been to a few times before. "Here we are Solena. We seat ourselves and they come ask us what we want. Sort of like a restaurant only without big meals. So pick our seat."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jun 22, 2014 11:43 pm

"Oh, awesome," Solena said excitedly. She scanned the cafe for a good table before making her way toward a table fit for two nestled right next to a window that gave quite a view of the bustling city and its skyline. Taking a seat, she allowed Iccus to float down and take a seat on the table beside her while watching Scala climb from a chair onto the table then the nearby windowsill so she could gaze out at the city. She shot Vek and Iccus an envious look. Her life would be much easier once she had wings.

"This place is really pretty, it has a nice interior, and the colors and patterns go together nicely." Solena commented after glancing back up from her companions.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jun 22, 2014 11:55 pm

"It is quite a nice view. The drinks here are also some of the best in Lumiose." Galahad said, smiling at Solena. At that point the waiter came over and asked the two for their orders. "We'll take two of the house specials, si vous ples." Galahad said to the waiter who nodded and walked off. "Sorry for ordering for you, however, once you have a taste if this places specialty drink, you'll thank me."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Jun 27, 2014 1:08 am

"That's fine," Solena smiled, "I'm sure if you like it, I will too!" This caused Vek to roll his eyes, but he seemed content enough not to give his word in edge-wise. Instead, he listed himself into the air and landed next to Scala, staring out the window with her and making idle chatter in PokeSpeak. "Looks like he finally gave up insulting you. It means he likes you," the Dragon Tamer chuckled.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Jun 27, 2014 4:02 am

"That or he's just decided to tolerate me. Perhaps he's just run out of creative insults for me." Galahad said, looking at the bat pokemon. The waiter came over and placed two cups on the table. "Thank you." He said to the man with a nod. The waiter said nothing, just left the bill and walked away. "Well, let's drink." Galahad picked up his cup and offered it as a toast to Solena.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zMon Jun 30, 2014 11:09 pm

"I don't know," Solena giggled, "he's always spending his time coming up with them." She shot him a sideways glance, and lowered her voice. "Honestly, I think he has feelings for Scala. He's always quick to give Iccus a hard time, but I've never seen him use his usual antics on that Trapinch. I even caught him letting her ride on his back and fly for a little bit. She always dreams of being able to fly..." As the waiter came and went, she stopped her babbling and lifted her cup to clink it against Galahad's own. She was, however, hesitant to drink the hot coffee just yet. Instead, she gently blew into it, waiting to see Galahad's reaction when he drinks his own, in case Vek's warnings about the taste was true.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Jul 08, 2014 12:53 am

Galahad looked at the bat pokemon and the trapinch and shrugged. After he toasted Solena he took a cautious sip of the coffee. "Ah...I personally feel this is a drink to be savored all the time. If you start when it's hot you get a whole spectrum of temperature. Makes things much more interesting." He leaned back and took another sip. "Of course, it is still rather delicious when it has cooled down." He smiled at her. "This place is rather relaxed so we can stay as long as you'd like."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jul 20, 2014 4:55 am

"Sounds good," Solena said with a nervous smile. Like Vek had mentioned, she had never tasted coffee before. There were many natural teas that her village had made and consumed over generations, but never coffee. Gripping the mug lightly, she brought it to her lips, pausing for a second. Then, she gently drew in some of the steaming drink... and immediately gagged and coughed. "Eh," she said in surprise, "why i-is it so bitter?" She didn't catch herself in time to be more polite about it, the taste had startled her. A small, gruff laughter erupted from Vek, and even a kind chuckle joined in from Scala. The two were peering toward their trainer with amusement.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Jul 20, 2014 5:10 am

Galahad couldn't help but chuckle a little at Solena's reaction. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to laugh." He said to her, taking another sip of his drink. "Coffee just isn't for everyone I guess. If the flavor is too much for you and you'd like to still give the drink a chance, might I suggest some cream or sugar." He said, motioning to a small basket in the center of the table. "Some people are only able to drink it with an excessive amount of both to be added. I just find it enjoyable in it's purest, blackest form." He then looked at her and sighed a little. "While we are here, I would like to again make an offer to you to join me in my quest to make the world a more beautiful place. I know it may seem like a lot to ask, but just think, you'd be able to see all this great region has while trying to make it better. What do you say Solena, will you join me?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Aug 03, 2014 1:27 am

As Solena helped herself to perhaps too much cream and sugar, she considered Galahad's question, slightly taken aback by it. "I've never been asked something like that before," she said, sipping her coffee more readily now that it was riddled with sweeteners. "I don't see the harm in it," she decided, casting Vek a stern look before he could comment, "maybe making the world better would make myself better too." She smiled, finishing off her drink. "I'll help with your goal, for as long as I'm able."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zSun Aug 03, 2014 2:57 am

Galahad let out a small sigh of relief at her response. "Alright then. Welcome to the team." He said, smiling. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small metal emblem. Shaped like an ornamental flame he handed it to her. "This is the badge of Team Flair. It doesn't mean much now since you and I are currently the only members. Like wise, due to events that transpired before us, it is not wise to openly wear it at this time. Some people may not take kindly to it. We'll have to work and recruit in the shadows at first. Just know, we will be doing good work." He found himself looking into her eyes and smiling. "So...uh...now we have to go find some more help..."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8zTue Aug 05, 2014 12:16 am

"T-Thanks," Solena replied, gazing excitedly toward the emblem. Though it was tempting to wear it as some sort of badge or accessory, she stashed it in her bag. I need to make an outfit for this... red's an excellent color scheme. But how would I wear it, as a necklace, bracelet, badge? All the possibilities! What about a dress? It could flow like a fire whenever I move. Or something modest, a skirt and shirt? Realizing that she was beginning to trail off and get lost in her designer mind, she chuckled lightly and turned her focus back toward Galahad. "Where should we start?" Even as Galahad mentioned the hostilities and the shady method they'd need to go about recruiting others, she didn't suspect any malice in Team Flare, both past and present. She was naive and trusting, to say the least, but not stupid. If things did spiral out of control in the unforeseen future, she'd be there, her dragons at her side, to stop whatever wrongdoings that may happen.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first recruit (Solena)   The first recruit (Solena) - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

The first recruit (Solena)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next