HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 30, 2014 4:45 am

Amber nodded, getting up from the bed to stand a bit away from the man, waiting for him to lead the way. The Pack, too, took to their feet. Azure giddily jumped from the bed, followed closely behind by Ash's more careful descent. Amethyst and Lavender made their way near their trainer's legs and waited as well, ready to follow the man to wherever he planned to lead. Both the Pack and Amber seemed at ease, all but Ash. The Mightyena's eyes still darted around the room as his fur bristled. He wasn't openly hostile, but his weary gaze was filled with mistrust. He could sense the same emotion masked by Amber, and that calmed him, if but by a little. At least his trainer was sensible enough not to fully trust the strangers and their even more perplexing canine features and scents.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 30, 2014 4:47 am

The man looked to Amber standing up. "The alpha has actually wished to see you. That is not common," he told her, gesturing. "Just through this door, to the left. You'll enter his personal quarters."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 30, 2014 4:51 am

"Ok," Amber said in reply, glancing at the door without regret. As I've said before, no turning back now. Making her way to the door, she placed her hand on the handle and slowly turned it, pushing against it as she did so to open it. Making her way into the room, her curious gaze swept its contents, looking for the Alpha. She truly didn't know what to expect, and her imagination was a terrible weaver of falsities and speculation, creating unreliable images of what he could truly look like. "Hello?" the trainer called out, "you requested to see me."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed Apr 30, 2014 4:54 am

"Yes, I did," the alpha spoke. "To your left is a light switch. It'll make the room brighter," he told Amber. He was sitting like a normal person would, but he seemed a bit taller, a very small amount taller. "Thank you for coming."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat May 03, 2014 12:45 am

Amber nodded, though she was a little doubtful that the Alpha could see her doing so in a room this dimly lit. Still, this place is fifty shades of crazy, who knows what is and isn't possible? the thought amused her, and a small smile crept along her face. Fumbling across the wall for a light switch, her hand finally came into contact with a small lever poking out from the otherwise smooth surface. Gripping it with two fingers, she pushed it up, allowing light to suddenly illuminate the room and chase away the darkness. "Thank you for inviting me," Amber finally said in response to the man, it sounded very genuine, as she had finally gotten her wits about her.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat May 03, 2014 1:37 am

"The pleasure is all mine," the alpha spoke to the girl. "Please, if you so wish, come closer. I don't bite." He then made a small joke, laughing a bit ending up revealing his teeth to her.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat May 03, 2014 4:15 am

Amber didn't hesitate, not wanting to come off rude. Her heart thudded quickly in her chest as she took her forward steps. He has fangs... and big ones. Remembering to keep her breathing slow, wouldn't want to start hyperventilating, she closed the distance between them. "So what is it that you wanted to talk with me about?" She wanted to burst several more questions into her statement, but that would make her lose her cool- something that was definitely off the table. So, she just kept to the one, and awaited an answer.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat May 03, 2014 4:19 am

"I hear from the rest of the members you've been brought her to learn about us," the alpha told Amber. When she was close enough, he looked up at her lightly. "If you'd give me a quick moment, my eyes are still adjusting to the room's lighting..." After a few moments, he looked back down. "I also have been made aware of your curiosity about me."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat May 03, 2014 8:45 pm

"Yeah, I am curious," Amber said truthfully. Something about the Alpha screamed 'dangerous', but at the same time, a sort of kinship rose inside her, perhaps growing from her pure sentiment for canines. She couldn't possibly distrust someone so... like them. "I was offered to join your organization, but I'm not the type to go about things blindly." Thinking back to her escapade in the Castelia building, she wasn't quite sure of the statement, but wasn't about to bring it up. "So, if you don't mind me asking, what is all of this about? And why me of all people?"
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat May 03, 2014 8:54 pm

[I forgot to mention [and it seems you've caught this] that he's wearing a jacket like the woman and the others]

"It's simply about being like our canine companions," the alpha told Amber. "Though some of the younger members misinterpret this cause... As for why you were picked, I can't be sure." He lifted his head lightly. The alpha was stilled cloaked in a jacket, keeping his appearance from Amber for the time. "I'll explain all you wish to know, but first, I'm sure you'd like to see a result of our goal."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed May 07, 2014 2:52 am

"Sure," Amber said, defaulting on a casual tone in order not to stutter any more than she already had. It's getting late, I'm sure the officer's waiting by now. I'm so close to putting this thing to rest, but I have to get out of here soon... She didn't want to barrage the Alpha with any questions until he revealed what he wanted to, lest she distract him.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed May 07, 2014 2:54 am

The alpha chuckled at Amber's tone, knowing she wasn't exactly the most confident. He lifted his coat, revealing a small snout and fur covering his head and face. His ears were also like the woman's. "See?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed May 07, 2014 3:07 am

Because of the woman, Amber was at least braced for the sight that awaited her. Still, seeing a man, er, canine-man was still a shocking sight. She was silent for several breaths before she could rub sense into her eyes and focus her thoughts once more. "S-So you were successful then?" she asked, unsure of how to respond. If joining these guys means I have to play science experiment, I'm out, she thought to herself, but that woman was able to communicate with Ash. I'd love to know what the Pack was saying. Their outfits are pretty cool too... She shook the last thought away, clothing wasn't supposed to be a factor in such a big decision. "There's one thing that has been bothering me, though," Amber finally said, "the collars. Why are you using things that have killed canines? I've seen it first hand, I know the damage they've caused. In fact, I've only seen damage and torment through them, not any good in the slightest.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed May 07, 2014 3:11 am

"I'm sure all the members would tell you something different," the alpha told Amber, standing up to show he was a bit taller than her. "The collars were supposed to be positive, but you know how things go... People spin it negatively, and I can't find out who has." He walked over to her gently, putting his hand out. The sleeve slipped past it and revealed his hand was like a paw. "If they want you to join the pack, I don't see why not. Perhaps you'll be better than them."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed May 07, 2014 3:21 am

"Before I decide," Amber said, hesitantly raising her own hand and extending it toward his, unsure of what to do next, "what does joining you truly entail? I believe that you truly do have good intentions, but I have my personal limits. It's clear to me that this place is quite... corrupted as it is, and maybe I can do good and fix it from the inside." She hoped he didn't take offense to the statement, but she was only speaking her mind, "I need to know that I can attempt doing it without too much harm or trouble coming to my Pack. I know there will be resistance and violence, but I'm afraid that at my and my Pack's current strengths, we're ill prepared. So I'm not going to be stupid and burst head-first into this. I'm going to take on the Kanto league and get stronger, and joining you may or may not help me." She sighed, now she was just narrating her inner thoughts, she mine as well get to the point. "I just need to know what I'll be required to do before I join you." She wasn't exactly a fan of turning herself into a canine. Sure she loved them to death and they were her family, but she wasn't attached to them enough to become one.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed May 07, 2014 3:24 am

"Absolutely nothing," the alpha told Amber. "Why would I deny you the chance to talk with your pack, to get to know them as well as I know my own canine companions?" He shook his head. "I wish your help in fixing this pack. Heck, you should battle some of these corrupted and make them leave."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed May 07, 2014 3:37 am

Amber nodded. "Then it's decided, I'll join you." I've made a choice, but was it the right one? I think everything's getting to my head. Was I too hasty? Too late to turn back now, anyway. "I look forward to doing what I can, and maybe one day understand my Pack's words with them understanding mine. I'll make sure the cruelty from this place is ended one way or another. Though, if you don't mind me asking, why haven't you gotten rid of the, er, renegades yourself?"
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed May 07, 2014 3:41 am

"I have no actual pokemon," the alpha told Amber. "Just a canine pet or two." He chuckled to her. "Strange, isn't it?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zThu May 08, 2014 12:28 am

"To each their own," Amber replied. Her wits seemed to finally be making there return, and she even pulled a wry smile before taking a few steps toward the door. "I've got to go," she said, "I'm probably late and there's someone waiting on me..." she wasn't quite used to the whole organization thing, and wasn't quite sure what to do after she accepted the invitation, so a retreat would have to do. "Is there any way for us to keep in contact or anything? I'd assume the organization has some means of communication between members, though I could be wrong."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zThu May 08, 2014 2:45 am

"I'll send someone to you," the alpha told Amber. "But if I may ask, is there a small possession you could leave behind momentarily?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat May 10, 2014 2:50 am

"Uh," Amber stopped to think. Her early years in foster care left her in a bad habit of not keeping any worldly possessions. Well, the clothes on her back and the Pokemon she kept were, for the most part, her only possessions, and she wasn't about to take her shirt off. Thinking for a moment, her thoughts rested on something that would be... better gifted. She unclasped the four Pokeballs from her belt and tossed them into her bag. Unlatching the belt, she held it out toward the Alpha. "It isn't much, but I don't really have much. It's a belt made to hold Pokeballs, for the small amounts of time I actually store my Pack inside of them."
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat May 10, 2014 3:05 am

The alpha took the belt and set it down. "I'll send someone to you tonight," he told her.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat May 10, 2014 3:52 am

"Ok," Amber said, not wanting to voice her concerns over the fact that even she didn't quite know where she'd be that night. Visiting this team was a big time-consumer, and she should have been on the road to Pewter already. It was too late to go searching for a ride, so she could either stay the night in Vermilion or trek out on foot. Both options didn't seem appealing at the moment. Looking down toward her Pack, she nodded for them to head for the door. Making their way toward the doorway, she turned toward the Alpha. "How do I get out of here?"
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat May 10, 2014 3:56 am

"It's literally a straight hallway," the alpha told Amber.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat May 10, 2014 8:50 pm

"Ok," Amber replied, stopping herself just in time from rolling her eyes toward him. She didn't quite like the tone he had taken, but didn't want to offend. It's not like I was passed out and dragged here or anything, she thought sarcastically. She exited, her Pack trailing closely behind. Glancing down the hallway, she hastily made her way through it and looked for a door that looked like it would be the exit. Glancing down at Ash, she sighed. "Can you smell any fresh air from in here, at least you guys could find the exit." Nodding toward his trainer, his nose took in the scents around him, and his focus turned back toward the door that Amber had guessed on. He barked softly, enough of an indication to show that this door was most likely the exit. Hopefully we guessed right. She took hold of the handle and pulled, opening the door.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!   Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter! - Page 3 H6Q0F8z

Arrival in Vermilion! Passing Through to Pewter!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next