HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Trilby

Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz??? Empty
PostSubject: Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz???   Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz??? H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 10:17 pm

As anyone who has read this topic knows, the Prize point shop is... messed up. It says you earn them through bounty hunts, which as far as I can conclude even mods don't know what that is, and The Quiz. Well, on the topic of the quiz:

The below conversation clearly demonstrates that I'm not the only person who can't even see the Quiz. Being that this is a rather core way of gaining rare things like Master balls and legendary pokemon this needs work, badly.
Chatbox conversation logs:

The solution seems simple to me: do the quiz in a topic to fix this bug issue with people still PMing in to answer and add details on bounty hunts.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz???   Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz??? H6Q0F8zSat Oct 12, 2013 3:13 am

Umbra makes the quiz, and it seems as though the widget isn't there when there's no quiz. As for the bounty hunting, it has a sub-forum in the Pokévents forum. Try looking around, dude. There is no bug, and the bounty hunts already have information.
Trilby

PostSubject: Re: Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz???   Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz??? H6Q0F8zSat Oct 12, 2013 4:48 pm

There is a bug, as some people can see the widget -right now- where as others can't. I did look around, I also asked staff and users, and nobody had a clue hwat a bounty hunt was.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz???   Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz??? H6Q0F8zSat Oct 12, 2013 4:50 pm

I know of a bounty hunting. It just didn't make that much popularity and people didn't notice. I never saw a widget though.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz???   Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz??? H6Q0F8zSat Oct 12, 2013 5:06 pm

Read what I said. Look in the Pokévents forum. There's a sub-forum for bounty hunts.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz???   Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz??? H6Q0F8zSun Oct 13, 2013 2:02 pm

If you can't see a widget, it's been deactivated. From what I remember Umbra doesn't seem to leave the quiz up when he doesn't have a question for it.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz???   Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz??? H6Q0F8zSun Oct 13, 2013 2:24 pm

You do realize that's pretty much what I said, right?
Trilby

PostSubject: Re: Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz???   Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz??? H6Q0F8zSun Oct 13, 2013 10:14 pm

Leighton wrote:
If you can't see a widget, it's been deactivated. From what I remember Umbra doesn't seem to leave the quiz up when he doesn't have a question for it.
If some people can see it while some people can't at exactly the same time, it's not deactivated, it's bugged...
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz???   Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz??? H6Q0F8zSun Oct 13, 2013 11:00 pm

It's possible it's set up so the widget can only be seen by certain people and/or groups. I do that with widgets on my places sometimes.

And Atlas, please try to post something like your own reasoning, because "hes right" isn't very descriptive, helpful, or non-annoying.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz???   Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz??? H6Q0F8zTue Oct 15, 2013 12:51 pm

Bounty hunts were originally something that I requested to add. I was the one that was supposed to run them, though a few mods did begin to pitch in on adding hunts and moderating them. However, a few of the current ones got stuck, and as such, I suppose it wasn't very appealing in the first place, because new bounties didn't really get added as time went on. I suppose that someone could take it and change that little detail and open all the other bounties, though if not, then it could be hidden or else-wise deleted. Most of the staff should be aware of it, as I know there is still a few on the staff who were there when it got started [not naming people here]. Originally it was intended to make prize points, etc a bit easier to get, whilst making you work and role-play to get them. You could also earn experience and money from battles [if I remember right], and as such, it made getting money a bit easier... However, as stated before, it didn't exactly work out.

As per the widget, there have been a couple of times that the widget hasn't had a question in it. It does take a bit of time to think of new questions as far as I can guess, so there won't always be a question available. However, hearing that the widget can't be seen is a bit strange... Perhaps it's the browser, or even the device your using. Other than that, if there's issues with it, I'd suggest telling an administrator and/ or Umbra.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz???   Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz??? H6Q0F8zTue Oct 15, 2013 1:25 pm

It's possible that it's set to only be seen by certain people/groups, as stated before. It wouldn't be a surprise if it's set like that right now.
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz???   Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz??? H6Q0F8zTue Oct 15, 2013 4:38 pm

I don't see the widget on my android, but I remember just noticing it while I scroll around when using the computer.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz???   Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz??? H6Q0F8z

Prize Points, Bounty Hunting and The Quiz???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1