HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Buffing EXP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Jikumo
Jikumo

Buffing EXP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Mhm. I understand how some people might feel like that. To me though it wouldn't break my sense of immersion to have a better exp system that could be tweaked easier when needed.
Ayakashi
Ayakashi

PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 2:04 pm

No, to some it wouldn't, but, if you were to get more EXP from training with a person than you did now, and I offered to RP with you, would you be more inclined to say yes?
Jikumo
Jikumo

PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 2:19 pm

Of course, but I don't see what that has to do with what I was saying. I already agreed that making the exp gain higher wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 3:49 pm

I just want to throw something out there about the 'unbalanced' systems ;3

Training topics are excellent early on. You can get a level 1 to level 20 in one go, while it would take many battles to do the same. However, did you think of when you get your Pokemon into the level 60 range? Because wild Pokemon levels are usually adjusted to the team at hand, so how would you level up then? Things begin to level out the higher the levels become. Because most training topics are in the 1000 word range, your Pokemon would only gain one level. Similarly, you can defeat a level 60 with about the same effort and grow a level as well. You gain less Exp from training, in proportion to the level, and more opportunity with wild Pokemon.

Just some food for thought, I'm not denying the idea, but I am waiting on other opinions ^^
Jikumo
Jikumo

PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 4:01 pm

That was kind of my argument, but you conveyed it way better.
Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli

PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Geez look at how things go by. Look I'm just gonna try and keep it short and sweet, mostly because the experience systems weren't something I worked on or cared too much about where I was mostly an Administrator. Originally we had nothing in place and handed out experience as we pleased. Yeah, that changed and we had three suggestions for an experience system, one based solely on words, one on the level of the opposing Pokemon, and a third one that had math. All things aside it's quite obvious which one the staff decided to go with, because let's be real who likes math. It's like saying you actually like Trubbish and it's evolution. (If you do like math and/or Trubbish and it's evolutions, I guess we don't share the same opinion.)

Kare does raise an excellent point despite me having no sweet clue what she explained. Yeah, I'm still calling you Kare because its shorter, I haven't actually read your new name, and because I kare. Though, on another hoof, Ayakashi raises an excellent point that people who can pump out those extra 1200(000000) words will have an advantage. But on the third hoof which I have no idea where it came from, we are also a site that is set-up for new role-players in a way, or those who simply want to go at it slowly without large word minimums.

There is clearly a solution to this mixture. But, revisions to the Experience Systems would have to be decided on and actually be finished, much like the new region, Kalos, which has yet to be "added", despite the fact that I'm pretty sure its a hidden forum. With the release of X and Y the staff will have to perform revisions to rules and systems, the Experience System is not the singular topic that should be addressed like this.
Ayakashi
Ayakashi

PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 11:43 pm

Yay, Kare, presenting the logical argument~

Thing is though, is that even when you reach level 60-80 and are only bumping up one level at a time, with the current mod based system they're overburdened and just have to pump out posts for a bajillion people which means that beating one pokemon at a time though someone's entire team is a long, long process all of the time. Even if you sweeped a person's team with one pokemon it would still be about three posts per KO which could take about two days per level. It 'does' even out, to a point, but especially when it comes to new members i feel the beginning values need to be buffed, cos, lets face it, when you hit level 60-ish that's end of story stats.

i know im working a lot in hypothetical ideas here, but once you hit 60 you have your move pool and final evolution, in a free form setting that's all you need.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

Buffing EXP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokémon World Forum :: General Information :: Support Hub :: Resolved Suggestions-
Jump to: