HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Buffing EXP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Ayakashi
Ayakashi

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 4:15 am

Simple Idea really, as it stands there is almost no point battling an opponent for the simple sake of experience gain, especially compared to things like training threads, which give you EXP based solely on a word count.

Like, myself as a role-player, depending on the post which precedes me i can happily pump out 1200 word posts and not have to stress too much about it, which, will get me to level 50 in no time.

Perhaps introduce something on weaknesses, or just buff the exp from battles in general, or take numbers of posts in the battle into account with bonus EXP, cos yeah, ATM i feel that battles give you sooo much less.
EpicBoss99
EpicBoss99

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 4:19 am

I totally agree with this. I think that Training really gives a lot of exp, which i'm thankful for. However, I feel that battles give too little exp.
Ayakashi
Ayakashi

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 4:45 am

Thanks for the backup Epic, I'm doing something here to illustrate this as well~ So There is going to be an example posted up in this thread, once mist and I finish our fight, and once i finish the post i'm currently working on~

By something on weaknesses, i think a pokemon should get like 1.5 times EXP from a pokemon which has 2x advantage against it, and 2.0x exp when you fight a pokemon which has 4x advantage.

Eg, if and Ice/ Grass pokemon beats a fire type, it would get 2.0x EXP or something.

But that's just an add-on, i think the battle values somehow need a buff.
Ayakashi
Ayakashi

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 5:37 am

here's my example,

http://www.pokemonworldrpg.com/t5646-training-shar#96779

200 exp in an hour...

VS

http://www.pokemonworldrpg.com/t5636-grand-illusions-trainers

10 Exp ish in multiple 'days'
Trilby

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 5:43 am

To be fair this site was aimed at people far less experienced/active than us, so that takes you and I an hour takes them several days.
Ayakashi
Ayakashi

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 6:21 am

This may be true, but, that being said, several days just to get a level or two, with a 100 levels per pokemon, is still a loooooooooooong time.

I'm not suggesting we make it 'easy' But it could be made to make battling more appealing and more desirable.
Jikumo
Jikumo

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 6:29 am

Would you rather be done with it in a couple months? I like taking a little while to train. Gives time for my character to develop
Ayakashi
Ayakashi

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 6:41 am

this is true, but there are just a lot of factors you could sink time into anyways. Within a couple of months if i worked my butt off i would like to be able to have a capable team of pokemon some where in their 30's-40's.

But with things like randomly generated encounters, it would be very hard for you to theme your team the way you want it, so, you could gun for a mix matched team and level fast, or, you could try to gun for your own envisioned team and take 5EVER
Trilby

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 7:26 am

Well, it's not all RNG. That thread of mine you read which was RNGed, he gave me what I told him I was after, a growlithe, after a few random encounters. They don't just go "one in 500 chance" but your point is fair.
Jikumo
Jikumo

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 10:50 am

It's all about the adventure. Why do you even care about experience or levels?
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Jikumo
Jikumo

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 11:10 am

Yes but leveling isn't that hard. If you need some extra levels just make a training thread, its not hard. I just made one that's 1416 words, and I cut it off short. I planned to make it a three-part story with Alexander training his speed, accuracy, and strength. But since its my first training thread, I didn't want to make it TOO long.
Ayakashi
Ayakashi

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 11:19 am

As i said, but "you can do it on your own" doesn't inspire people to RP together and battle and interact, which is more or less the foundation of Poke'mon, and RPing put together.
Trilby

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 11:33 am

That is a very fair point. The way this system is built, leveling up is a solitary activity or a year long slog fest. the nature of non-solo being so mod micro managed means that there's no way it won't be without some fundamental changes.
Jikumo
Jikumo

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 11:38 am

In the anime, the best way to train was by hard work by yourself, I think, and there's also training threads you can do with your friends which makes your point kind of obsolete. Also the micro-modding is really only good for catching pokemon, otherwise trying to train with them is pointless.
Trilby

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 11:58 am

So you're telling me I can make a thread, control the NPC myself and get xp + money? That wasn't what I was told...
Jikumo
Jikumo

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 11:59 am

I never said that...
Ayakashi
Ayakashi

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Can we please be nice in my thread please~ this is why this is called "suggestions and Ideas." Im not single handedly making the rules, this is just a suggestion and an idea. Mmmkay?

Though on for canon examples, Ash levelled up through battling opponents, fighting gyms, and travelling. Ash didn't often sit around with weights training his Poke'mon up. There were a few moments, but most of it was battling.

Anywho, I'm not gunning for like 10000x experience for battles, I'm just saying that the amount of Exp in battles needs to be upped somehow. So that if two people wanna RP together they get more out of it. Its not so that solo training becomes completely unviable, its to make them closer to equally viable.
Jikumo
Jikumo

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 12:59 pm

I don't really get it though, how you think its bad to have the exp like this. I don't care though, if this were to happen. I just think that the reasons for you guys doing this are sub-par. Its a good suggestion, the reasons are a bit weird. That's it. I don't know if its in this thread yet, but maybe give the modded threads a sub-type of thread that allows for a pokemon to gain experience just like the solo threads, except with NPC battles and battling with friends too. Thing is this'd take a lot for the mod to weed out fluff. Or do what you said with +25% exp. But its probably not too hard to get exp in modded threads, only difference between modded and solos is that you have people that you're waiting on, which makes it feel like you're getting less exp than soloists, and the fact that you can gain an infinite amount of exp from the solo threads. So if you up the exp on modded, then depending on the speed of the thread, you still might get less exp than normal b/c of slowness, while sometimes you can get a lot MORE exp with the boost b/c of how fast its going. Also, you could say that a limit could be put on training threads. Maybe 10 or 5 levels each time.

ALL OF THESE ARE SUGGESTIONS AND **** YOU IF YOU TWIST MY WORDS LATER

EDIT: ^^ That's to all idiots

Last edited by Jikumo on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ayakashi
Ayakashi

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 1:08 pm

limiting is always a bad idea, then you're punishing people for putting the hard work in. I think you're mentally paraphrased my reasoning for this, its not just because I have friends here and wanna fight them for lots of EXP... not at all

The reason I've put this forward is that 'I believe' we should be actively inciting players together to role play with each other to build up their pokemon. And at the moment, the system blatantly caters to the solo writer. I feel that both systems, both solo and co-operative role playing should, if not give equal results, give you results at least far closer to each other.

Cos, take the games for example, it wasn't hard to level a Poke'mon against someone who had a full team of 6. Cos you beat six pokemon in a row, it was good exp. Could you IMAGINE how long that thread would be here? It would take FOREVER, and as much as it could be fun as hell, but what you get out of it would not be anywhere near as worth it objectively speaking. And the fact it gives you so comparitively little for the work you put in, is a downer, and it would draw people away from it, when, we should be really encouraging people to actively RP together at every turn.

Also, it would take pressure off the mods~
Jikumo
Jikumo

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Maybe they could revamp the whole exp system to be just like the game's. I dunno.
Ayakashi
Ayakashi

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 1:10 pm

that wouldn't work on a free form RP setting so much~
Jikumo
Jikumo

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 1:25 pm

Would it really affect the freeform rp in any way? It's just a way of measuring when you get a level. AGAINJUSTMYOPINIONPLSDUNKILLME
Ayakashi
Ayakashi

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 1:29 pm

it would, because in Free Form roleplaying you want people to be able to have the freedom they want, while making any system you have as simple as possible, but also effective. The system they have here already is exactly that, i just feel the the numbers are a little too low on one side, while the other side is literally "perfect."

Ayakashi
Ayakashi

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8zFri Oct 11, 2013 1:29 pm

So yeah, rather simple~
Sponsored content

Buffing EXP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffing EXP   Buffing EXP H6Q0F8z

Buffing EXP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokémon World Forum :: General Information :: Support Hub :: Resolved Suggestions-
Jump to: