HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Minimum Word Requirement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Pit
Pit

Minimum Word Requirement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minimum Word Requirement   Minimum Word Requirement - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 22, 2013 10:24 pm

I figured you'd know not to post openly out of the ads forum like that. Sorry, did someone not pay attention to the rules and where you're posting? If so, you should pay attention. If not, then really, I only noticed this AFTER your post.
Elin

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Word Requirement   Minimum Word Requirement - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 22, 2013 10:24 pm

@Patachu
Maybe you should try to tackle my argument instead of me?
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Word Requirement   Minimum Word Requirement - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 22, 2013 10:28 pm

Hey, I didn't post those links. I asked for them because I figured if you're smart enough to come up with 1000 words to post any time, you'd be smart enough to know not to post openly, and to pm.
Ryuji~
Ryuji~

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Word Requirement   Minimum Word Requirement - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 22, 2013 10:28 pm

Ok break it up you two.
Now, back to the topic. Again, if they wanted to type more words, they would. We are not going to force them, and I know why other sites have this rule, but honestly this site's one liner system works. We can easily moderate it, AND we can easily spot god modders. Its not about how much you post that gets you caught, and really its easier to catch one when they type little >.>
Elin

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Word Requirement   Minimum Word Requirement - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 22, 2013 10:29 pm

So, anymore rebuttals concerning my suggestion?
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Word Requirement   Minimum Word Requirement - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 22, 2013 10:44 pm

I already mentioned including an RP sample in character apps to the other staff, so we know where someone stands and whether or not they need someone who'll put out 500-1000 words or if they'd prefer quick one-liners. But a word restriction, as several of the staff have already pointed out to you, wouldn't be appropriate for the majority of the user-base. While the idea is fine for users such as yourself with more RP experience, many of these users are young and inexperienced with RP and simply do not want to put the time into creating massive posts every time. My goodness, look at my first active char's topic. The post lengths vary significantly, but even the shorter posts are just quick dialogue fillers. Having to bump each of those to 100 words would get annoying, quickly. http://www.pokemonworldrpg.com/t4133p30-the-journey-continued-stronger-than-stone - I'm not saying this is an example of perfect RP, by any means, but I know that it's pretty good, and that some of the posts are quite short. The shorter posts don't hold anything back, they allow for shorter time restraints or a quick-fire movement in dialogue when your mod happens to be on. I've yet to see a problem with shorter posts, and if someone is using them to godmod then I personally let the user know immediately. There's no reason a topic made up of short posts isn't as fun as one made up of longer posts; it depends on the user. If you'd prefer to only have people who can post a minimum of 100 words in your topics, than find out which users feel the same as you and post away. That's the brilliance of RP forums; there's no reason you can't have these restraints yourself while the people who can't (or won't) keep up don't have to go by them.
Elin

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Word Requirement   Minimum Word Requirement - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 22, 2013 10:45 pm

I'm actually thinking of starting an RP school, maybe it will be my own crusade.
Pit
Pit

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Word Requirement   Minimum Word Requirement - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Even experienced RPers can't meet posting limits like that every post, either. I've seen people on other Pokemon forums that have been RPing for 10+ years, and still run out of material, and barely get a single sentence out. Plus non-Pokemon forums have shown me this situation as well.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
break994
break994

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Word Requirement   Minimum Word Requirement - Page 2 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 22, 2013 11:27 pm

I have an idea for this perhaps no word limit on the forum but instead why not plot a challenge for your character find a active mod who likes the idea of your plot and come to a negotiable world limit that way the younger members can still post one liners and members who prefer longer posts do my idea.
Ryuji~
Ryuji~

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Word Requirement   Minimum Word Requirement - Page 2 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 23, 2013 11:10 am

Ok, so this is settled? I'll even bring it to a vote in the staff forum, but I truly believe this won't get implemented. Thus, I won't bring it to the staff area for approval, as most staff already explained that they are against it.
But, you can always find someone who likes longer posts. Do what Hana did with her battle arena topic, if someone joins then good for you :) But, if a mod is busy and can't constantly post so much, please don't blame them. I know there are 15 staff members, but there are a lot of members who have more than 2 characters. AND the staff also have characters, that adds up to a lot of topics to moderate.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minimum Word Requirement   Minimum Word Requirement - Page 2 H6Q0F8z

Minimum Word Requirement
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2