HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Antonius Selnar

Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity Empty
PostSubject: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zTue May 28, 2013 1:48 am

"Now, Chopper, it is time to test us. I know you don't do well against poison types and I think bellsprouts fall into grass\poison. However, a good test of any fighter isn't going against one who you are strong against but one who you are weak against. Those are the ones who provide the best opportunity. Big Eyes still needs rest so I won't use it until absolutely needed. It is time to see what Dad seen in this tower for my training."

Blake walks through the doors and up to an older gentleman.

"My father sent me here to learn some sort of lesson. I am ready to see what this tall tower can throw at me. My Chopper and I know it will be tough but up for a challenge."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zTue May 28, 2013 4:41 am

An elderly man appraised Blake thoughtfully, his hand ran through his thick White beard, which was tussled and unkempt. He smiled and beckoned the boy inside. "Anyone willing to train here is an honoured guest. I am the Elder of this tower, Elder Li. And my boy, there are many lessons to be learned in these walls, but it is up to you to figure out what they are. There are many Sages here eager for a battle, and they all get stronger and wiser as you travel up. If you manage to reach and defeat me, I'll give you something for your troubles." He turned and climbed up he steps leading higher in the tower, and, presumably, headed toward the top.

One Sage stood at the foot of the steps and glanced at Blake boredly. "I'm the first Sage," he said, "and I don't really see a point in all of this battling." With that attitude and demeanour, it could be fairly certain that he would be an easy victory and not put much of an effort into his battle.
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zTue May 28, 2013 4:54 am

Blake walks up to the first sage. Chopper walks along him and then stops in front between Blake and the sage.

"There is always a point to battling or sometimes not battling. One thing I was taught is always choose your battles wisely if given the option. Battling lets us learn of our Pokemon and each other. Oh no, now I'm sounding like my dad. I guess he was right in a lot of the things he been telling me including the warning where one day I would sound like him. Shall we get started and learn what we can from each other?"
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zWed May 29, 2013 2:16 pm

"Yeah, let's just get this over with," the Sage replied, leaning against the rail of the stairs and boredly tossing a Pokeball into the air. In a burst of White light, emerging from the bass was, surprise surprise, a Bellsprout. He looked excitedly toward his trainer, but then his face fell. His expression turned gloomy and he seemed now just as motivated as his trainer.

"Sprout," he said, giving the courtesy of the first move, but through more of a lack in motivation than manners.
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zWed May 29, 2013 9:45 pm

Blake stood there not quite knowing what to do since the so called sage looked like he preferred to be else where. He did throw out a Bellsprout as expected but after it looked at its trainer, it also seemed a little pacified.

"Alright, Chopper, looks like we may get in the first move. They don't seem too interested but this could be a possible mind game to let our guard down. Let us start this out with a low kick to see if we can knock some life into at least the Bellsprout."

Chopper nodded and ran up to close any gap and launched a strong low kick at Bellsprout.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zThu May 30, 2013 1:09 am

Bellsprout only put in half an effort to dodge the incoming attack, and fell easy prey to the quick and precise Karate Chop. He was forced to the ground and was already now almost fainted. Usually at this time, a Pokemon would put their all into a final and powerful attack, but Bellsprout just wasn't motivated.

"Sprout..." he said weakly from the ground. He used two of his vines to try and hit Chopper, but the attack lacked any sort of motivation.
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zThu May 30, 2013 2:18 am

What looked like a vine whip fell well short. The lack of effort, so far, broke Blake's heart. If this guy was putting out this little of effort in his dad's dojo, he would be doing push ups for two straight hours along with his Pokemon. Even though Blake felt sorry for the Bellsprout, he knew he had to win.

"Ok, Chopper, another low kick and let us end this fight. It bothers me when the trainer and pokemon in turn don't put up much of a fight."

Chopper looks at the Bellsprout with concern and pity but does as Blake said. He launched a strong low kick in the mid section of the Bellsprout.

(last move was also a low kick, don't have karate chop yet)
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zFri May 31, 2013 2:22 am

(Oh, oops, I must have read that wrong.)

Bellsprout was easily taken out, and almost seemed relieved as he fell to the ground. Sighing, his trainer returned him.

Chopper gained 3 Exp!

"Well, I have one more," the Sage sighed. "Maybe she'll be better." He sent out a second Bellsprout, who seemed slightly more motivated than the first. She still had sad and weary eyes, but didn't have the completely sullen look the first had. Again, the Sage made no sort of command.

Bellsprout, Female, Level 3

His Bellsprout, like the first had done, used two vines to try and hit Chopper, though unlike before, they had a sense of direction. They still lacked a determined power, however.
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zFri May 31, 2013 3:50 am

"Looks like another attempt but this one looks stronger. Dodge it Chopper and use bullet punch."

Chopper dodged it easily and launched his bullet punch at the new Bellsprout. The lack of effort still bothered Blake and would almost consider asking the elder if he could take one of the bellsprouts from this sage but it wouldn't be fair to the one who stayed behind.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zFri May 31, 2013 4:14 am

The Bullet Punch barraged into Bellsprout, and just like the first, she was almost taken out in one attack. Knowing she was on her final foot, so to say, she leashed out with her vines, this time determined to hit, just as a motivated Pokemon would do before they reached their last bit of strength.
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zFri May 31, 2013 4:41 am

The vine whip hit this time and it stung Chopper. He stepped back some rubbing his arms.

"You are alright, Chopper. Think of it as Mom's straightening stick maneuver. The pain went away in short time. Now use low kick and finish this."

Chopper looked over to Blake and nodded in his direction. He then launches another low kick into the middle of the bell sprout.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zFri May 31, 2013 5:03 am

Bellsprout was too undetermined and weak to dodge the Low Kick, and it was enough to finish her off and end the battle with the lazy Sage.

Chopper gained 3 Exp!

Surprisingly, he was grinning as he returned his Pokemon and handed Blake the prize of $400. "You did well, but don't get too confident. Confidence can be a downfall, especially after an easy victory. You can proceed to the next floor." He stepped out of the way of the stairs, allowing Blake to move forward. A glint in his eye told that maybe he wasn't the undetermined trainer he had made himself out to be...
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zFri May 31, 2013 5:23 am

"Thanks for the match. I've been taught enough of having confidence and not too much. I hope you will decide to put up a fight next time. It would be a shame to let some weak trainer get by you when you could easily knock them out. I am thankful though you didn't poison my Chopper."

Blake and Chopper both bow and head up the stairs after he pockets the money.

"How are you feeling, Chopper?"

"Machop!"

"Good, this will be as much of a fight of endurance as strength if I remember what Dad told us. I'm still letting our new friend Big Eyes rest as long as I can before we use him."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zSun Jun 02, 2013 6:14 am

Another Sage awaited Blake at the foot of the next flight of stairs. He had a keen but cautious look on his face, which was tan and worn, showing he had many years of life. He gave a fait smile toward Blake as the young trainer arrived, and stepped forward.

"I am the next Sage," he said, "my motivation is great but my strength is lacking, for I only have one Pokemon while my predecessor had two." He lightly held a Pokeball in his hand and tossed it up, revealing yet another Bellsprout.

Bellsprout, Male, Level 6
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zSun Jun 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Blake smiles at the next sage. This one is honest but he wonders if this is another mental test as was the first one.

"My dad says that as long as one has motivation and good work ethic, strength will come in time. I am hoping to see some strength in you and your pokemon as well as good motivation."

Chopper steps forward and gets in a fighting stance with both arms at a 90 degree angle and out to his side.

"I want to see your motivation so I shall let you go first."
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zMon Jun 03, 2013 3:24 am

"Very well," the Sage replied with a faint smile. "Bellsprout, show this trainer your true strength of willpower."

The Sage's Pomemon nodded, and gained an intent gleam in his eyes. Two of the vine-like appendages on his body grew and extended, showing great control and mastery of his own body. Quickly, the Bellsprout ran without fear at Chopper, but at the last moment jumped into the air before swiping his vines in a fast arc toward the fighting type. He would be quicker and smarter than the other Bellsprout he had faced.
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zWed Jun 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Expecting another vine whip, Blake waited for the right moment. When it came, he knew Chopper would be ready as well.

"Now Chopper, grab the vines and pull the bell sprout towards you. Once it is close enough, jump up and give it a low kick."

Chopper grabbed the vines but felt the strain from the weight and motion of them. He braced himself a little as he yanked the bell sprout towards him and jumped trying to land a low kick. This move isn't one of the more practiced moves so it is quite awkward for Chopper. His balance is a little off from the jump.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zThu Jun 06, 2013 2:43 am

Bellsprout cried out in surprise, not expecting this tactic. The Sage simply observed thoughtfully, wondering how the new situation will work out. Chopper's offbalance Low Kick managed to hit, but due to the awkward position, it didn't do as much damage as Blake would hope.

Adapting well to the situation, Bellsprout decided to use Chopper's own move against him. Instead of strutting from his grasp, she extended her vines and tried to wrap them around his wrists. She then moved as if to throw tem, but couldn't with her stick-like body. Instead, she tried to do the next best thing. With whatever much of the grip she had, she attempted to slam Chopper into the nearby wall.
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zThu Jun 06, 2013 6:11 am

It surprised Blake that the kick landed. He was even more surprised the Bell Sprout threw Chopper into the wall. If he didn't know any better, Blake would have bet Bell Sprout knew seismic toss or something similar. The air was knocked out of Chopper and was definitely surprised to find himself against the wall. Problem with a lighter Pokemon tossing a Pokemon who is almost five times its weight is momentum would be with Chopper especially with the vines wrapped around his wrists and arms.

"This is a fun and unexpected battle. I'm glad to see a sage who can think outside of the box or tower in this case. Time to see who can continue the unconventional method. Chopper, once you catch your breath, prepare a bullet punch if the bell sprout comes close enough."

Chopper had to shake his head as he regained his air since he was stunned for a little bit.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zFri Jun 07, 2013 3:46 am

"It's all a part of the learning process," the Sage replied wisely, "A Pokemon must have confidence and adapt to any situation to win a battle."

Bellsprout was on her last leg, or rather, vine. She unmatched herself from Chopper as he slammed into the wall, and had maintained a weary distance. She seemed to sense an attack waiting to be launched from Chopper, and she was hesitant to get closer. Instead, she kept her distance and made an unsettling and hostile noise, a Growl, aimed at lowering Chopper's attack.
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zFri Jun 07, 2013 4:20 am

Blake was surprised the bell sprout had the time to unwrap itself while Chopper was flying towards the wall. Maybe the bell sprout was smarter then the previous two. He was fully expecting the bell sprout to be flying towards Chopper. The growl did affect Chopper who lowered his arm and released the bullet punch.

"Hmm, this wasn't what I quite expected. I was hoping for an open shot with a flying bell sprout heading Chopper's way. Alright, Chopper, use focus energy now and slowly walk up to the bell sprout. We don't know what it has left. I now realize why dad said to catch other Pokemon instead of relying solely on fighting types. As far as I know, all fighting moves are close quarters. There could be one ranged fighting move but not sure what it could be. Since the bell sprout decided to growl at you, use leer as you walk towards it. Show no backing down."

Once Chopper shakes his head from the growl, he focuses his energy and then walks towards the bell sprout. As he walks, he looks straight into the eyes of the bell sprout with all of his might.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zFri Jun 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Bellsprout met Chopper with an even gaze, and remained locked in her place. She didn't move, but did grow weary as he focused his energy. She was too weak to take another hit, especially now, with Chopper's keen focus, but she hid that fact well. She bravely faced her foe as he got closer and closer, knowing she would be out soon. She readied her vines for the attack she knew was coming. If she would go down, she wasn't about to go down easily.

The Sage watched the fight with interest. He saw great potential in this boy and Pokemon, he knew that the trainer would learn a lot and become something great.
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zSat Jun 08, 2013 1:40 am

"Alright, Chopper, you have the leer going well. When you get within a couple of feet, make a lunging low kick. Hopefully it will end this match but if not, get ready to dodge after your low kick. We don't want to be caught flat footed. Both of us have reminders from Dad about letting our guard down. It will bring shame to the family if we fail now."

Chopper kept focused on the bell sprout ahead. He heard everything Blake said but refused to break eye contact until last minute when he did the low kick. Once he was within the couple of feet, he lunged with the low kick aimed at the lower portion of the bell sprout.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zSun Jun 09, 2013 6:10 pm

The low kick connected with Bellsprout, and the thin, frail Pokemon finally was taken out. She nodded weakly at Chopper, thanking him for the battle, and fell to the ground. She disappeared in a red light back to her Pokeball to recover.

Chopper gained 6 exp! Chopper grew to level 9!

"Good job," the Sage praised with a whimsical grin, "I take it to faith you've learned a bit from out battle. Do not rely on weak appearances to guide your strategy. With faith and confidence, a battle can be turned in your favor, no matter what Pokemon you choose to use." He also held out $700 to Blake, as a winning gift.
Antonius Selnar

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8zSat Jun 15, 2013 3:07 am

"Thank you for the battle.  Dad has taught me a lot of things about Pokemon and battling.   He also reminded me to try to keep an open mind.  There are many things which goes into a battle and raising Pokemon.  Thing of it is, there is so much that I tend to forget if I don't put things into practice.  I'm guessing this is why he sent me to this tower.  You train your Bell sprout well."

Blake pockets the money and bows to the sage.  Then he stands back up and heads towards the next challenge.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity   Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity H6Q0F8z

Bell Sprout Tower-the lesson of flexiblity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next