HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 3 H6Q0F8zMon Aug 04, 2014 11:08 pm

Azure, despite his best efforts, fell victim to the fearsome jaws of his foe. As the teeth made their impact, the sheer might of the attack was more than effective in taking the last of Azure's strength. Once the attack subsided, a small whine escaped from his mouth before he fell to the ground, fainted. In a beam of red light, Amber found herself returning him to his Pokeball, not an activity she often did.

Glancing toward her Pack, she pondered who to send out next. The Toxic would slowly take its effect while the Mist was still offering protection for three more turns. She'd have to act as fast as she could, even with such a strong opponent. Before she could open her mouth and call Ash into the fight, Carnation of all Pokemon skipped happily onto the field without prompt. "Skitty~!" she sung happily, bouncing on the ends of her feet and even chasing her tail by dashing in a quick circle.

"Er," Amber said, unsure of what her newest companion could do, but not willing to drag the Pokemon off of the field. The little Skitty was persistent, that much she knew. It was something that may be enough to win her this battle. Happily mewing, the cat bounced up and down, not remaining in the same place for long, and though she seemed more intent on her tail as an opponent than the Aerodactyl, the air suddenly began to drop in temperature. Quite suddenly, a gleam came across Carnation's eyes as snow began to suddenly build up among the mist that surrounded the battle field. It continued to grow before speeding straight toward Aerodactyl, a Blizzard attack.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 3 H6Q0F8zTue Aug 05, 2014 6:03 am

Aerodactyl - Female - Lvl 22
5 Hits Remaining
----- Moves -----
Iron Head, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Wing Attack, Bite
Supersonic, Scary Face, Roar, Agility

Before the toxic could do any damage to aerodactyl, the stranger facing Amber withdrew an item while his pokemon waved in attempts to dodge the incoming blizzard. Despite getting merely inches away from devastation, the pokemon pulled a miracle. "Here aerodactyl," its trainer called, curing his friend's poison with an item he held in his bag. "Counter with Fire Fang!" The large bird swooped down for a nosedive, speeding quickly towards the little kitten pokemon to chomp down with fangs engulfed in blazing fire.

Dodge History:
Dodge then hit | dodge | ...next...
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 3 H6Q0F8zThu Aug 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Skitty meowed excitedly as Aerodactyl rushed toward her, and her tail continued wagging with enthusiasm. She wasn't one to allow another Pokemon to steal the show, so there was no way she'd allow herself to get attacked. Instead, she used her much smaller size to her advantage, and dove out of the way once her foe was too far into her dive to correct and alter her course back toward her. "Skitty~!" she hummed happily, doing one more twirl after her successful dodge.

Looking toward Aerodactyl, she seemed to consider her next move. Besides Blizzard, there weren't many moves of hers that would be of use against the flying type. She did settle on one, though, and a sweet, lolling song filtered into the area. It was very soothing, and made you just want to... fall asleep. She was using Sing, and even Amber gave a tired yawn.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat Aug 09, 2014 4:15 am

4 Hits Remaining
----- Moves -----

Dodge History:
Dodge then hit | dodge | hit | ...next...

The stranger battling Amber watched as his aerodactyl swooped down, missing the attack it was in the middle of. Afterwards his opponent seemed to begin singing a lullaby to put anything around it to sleep. "Aerodactyl, try to stay awake," he called, hoping his pokemon would listen; however, it was too late. Whether he approved of it or not, his pokemon was already closing her eyes, and it wasn't much sooner afterwards that he watched her fall asleep, collapsing forward lightly to the floor.

"Aerodactyl, wake up," he called out, though it was of no use; his pokemon was sound asleep. There was a light knocking on the door to the gym, though it wouldn't be as though the battlers would hear at first.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed Aug 13, 2014 3:53 pm

Skitty hummed happily as her song had taken effect. The air began to grow cold once more, and slight frost built upon the ground. Another sudden barrage of ice and snow hurtled its way toward the Aerodactyl, another Blizzard attack, taking advantage of the flying type's unmoving form.

Amber was too focused on the battle and observing the strange might of her Pokemon to have noticed the knocking. In fact, she was rather enthralled. I had no idea that little stow-away could hit like this. Perhaps I shouldn't have judged her at first sight!
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 3 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 15, 2014 3:42 am

3 Hits Remaining
----- Moves -----

Dodge History:
Dodge then hit | dodge | hit | ...next...

The blizzard hit the strange substitute's pokemon hard, damaging the pokemon during its rest; however, it didn't seem as though the pokemon was going to wake up from the hit. "Come on aerodactyl, wake up," he called, lightly in a panic. It wasn't a good trait of a gym leader to show such emotion during battle, but after a hit like the pokemon had just taken, could he be blamed. The stranger cared dearly for his pokemon.

"Help..." The word came lightly from the doors of the gym as the doors swung open gently. Amber's companion from earlier stumbled in a few feet, tugging at his neck as his two canines whined and barked for Amber.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 3 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 22, 2014 3:18 am

"Wha-?" Amber began, hearing the door as it swung open and the Alpha came tumbling in. Well there goes my luck... She then noticed his hands clutching at his neck and a cold chill traveled down her spine. I'm not letting a lowly organization of two become just one person! No more people or Pokemon are going to die on my watch! Without hesitation, she ran toward him as fast as she could. "H-How can I help?"

Carnation, meanwhile, also noticed the commotion. Though she was the type to crave attention, she could sense something wrong enough not to draw away from the distraction. Instead, she dashed over to where the Pack had also leapt into action, trying to make sure the Alpha's canines were okay.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 3 H6Q0F8zFri Aug 22, 2014 4:33 am

The alpha's two canines were perfectly fine; it wasn't them that needed immediate attention. The alpha stepped forward a few more feet before he saw Amber near him, the guy falling onto his knees and getting on his side as he tugged at the collar stuck there roughly. "Help," he repeated, not really answering Amber's question, though it was with good reason. The collar began to shock him, the organization member writhing and immediately letting the collar go as his fingers bent, making his hands look like he had only five stubs for fingers. He cried out painfully, the voltage obviously as high as had been with the precious canine earlier.

[I believe that it was a canine earlier... An arcanine trapped that, er, kicked the bucket? Or was it her owner?]
[Also, you could use the [size] tag on your signature to make it smaller xD]
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 3 H6Q0F8zTue Sep 23, 2014 7:20 pm

('Twas a poor Houndoom. ;~; And if I had any more characters available for my signature, I would x3)

"N-No!" Amber said, determined to save the Alpha's life. She wasn't weak... not like last time. Her head swarmed with different courses of action, more ridiculous as she lingered on each in her current state of chilling panic. "Ash!" she called out to her Mightyena, causing the loyal wolf to bound toward his master and the Alpha, "try to break the shock mechanic on the collar by biting it, but be careful not to get caught in the electricity! Lavender," the Espeon glanced toward Amber, giving her trainer a calm, reassuring look, "try using your own psychic powers to disable or stop the mechanics. M-Maybe one of you will be able to succeed, hurry!"

Amber herself could do nothing. Humans were weak, after all, and she was watching another one slowly dying in front of her. And I was selfish enough to leave him alone, despite everything that's happened. I shouldn't have left that hotel room... it seems all my life is these days is regret. Regret and watching others die while I can't do anything to stop it. Resolve swelled in her mind at that instance, and a strange lightness seemed to seize her.  All I've done so far is let others toy with my life and the lives around me. And all I've done in return is pity my situation. Pity myself. I'm no better than the street rat I told myself I would never be again... not any more. From now on, I make my own choices, I'll be the leader my Pack deserves. She laid a gentle hand on the Alpha's chest, trying to calm him as her two Pokemon tried with their best efforts to save him. Amber had reached her emotional breaking point, it was better to become numb to the pain than to let it overwhelm her. If he makes it out of here alive, then we're going to part ways. There's a great light in the thought of building an organization off of the love for certain Pokemon and protecting them from evil... but all that surrounds him is evil at all turns. A blank slate and a new start, with that goal in mind... I won't let something like those collars slip through the cracks. But, if he dies... she didn't want to dwell on that thought.
Dragon Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 3 H6Q0F8zWed Sep 24, 2014 3:37 am

(I don't remember what I had planned for Amber D:)
(Well, time to kill said alpha~)

The alpha look at Amber as he continued to receive shocks and voltage from the accessory around his neck. He continued to writhe, despite Amber's pokemons' best efforts to somehow malfunction it. His two canines watched her as she seemed to touch their owner's torso to try calming him, the two getting a very dark feeling about what she was thinking. The alpha writhed for a few moments longer before the collar's shocking was over, out of juice to function, though the damage was done. The alpha's arms were quaking gently, his eyes a bit open while a few tears were shed from them. He seemed to have been muted by the shocks stopping, the male's eyes beginning to glaze as he looked to Amber with his eyes. Something in them was meant to relay a devastating and haunting revelation to her, perhaps to find the one responsible, or the group, and make them pay. Perhaps his gaze would even haunt her mind and heart for her thoughts, the male's eyes fogging and becoming dull as his last breath was drawn, leaving him on the cold floor of the gym. His two canines weren't sure how to react at first, the two processing the scene.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 3 H6Q0F8zSat Oct 25, 2014 10:00 pm

"N-No... not a-again," Amber said, gripping the Alpha's shirt with shaking hands. The look on his eyes... how lifeless and empty they now appeared... how she had left him alone and he was dead because of it. Dead because of her. I just had to meddle with things that weren't any of my business. I didn't have to get on that boat back in Castelia... I didn't have to dive down the rabbit hole so willingly. First Houndoom, abandoning Arcanine and Growlithe without a second glance for promise of adventure in Kanto, and now someone's dead. Because of me. Because I let others run my life. I can't let anything happen like this again! Resolve had never been stronger in Amber's mind. Despite the grief, disbelief, and even anger, she knew what she had to do. Her hands stopped shaking, and she stood. Ash took his place by her flank as he'd always done, pressing against her reassuringly. The Pack followed suit, even Carnation took a somber stance in the Pack.

"Call the authorities, and paramedics," she said flatly toward Brock's stand-in while she turned toward the door. "And make sure they," she gestured toward the canines that seemed to be too shocked to process that their master was now dead on the floor, "are well taken care of." After that statement, anything the man said would be lost on the orphan girl with new resolve. She exited the Gym and fumbled with the band around her sleeve containing the Alpha's symbol. It was a symbol of corruption now, of a movement long dead by the people who created it. A symbol of something she couldn't support any longer. She took it off of her arm, holding it by one corner and watching it flap idly in the breeze. With one long sigh, she let go, watching it get carried away by the winds. Amber placed her hands in the pockets of her long jacket and stepped forward, followed by her Pack. "Well," she said, "looks like we have a long road ahead of us, but with you guys, I'll be taking it one step at a time with a Pack like you. Anythings possible with you." Gravely smiling and still grieving in her own way, she took a step forward toward a new destiny. She had a new goal in mind, a world where people and Pokemon would both be better off...
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge   Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge - Page 3 H6Q0F8z

Getting Paws on a Pewter Gym Badge
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3