HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sayonara Crawl

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zTue Apr 29, 2014 7:34 am

It felt like such a long time since Alice Hope had been on her own in the Pokemon world, although in reality, she wasn't at all. Her stomach knotted with anticipation, one hand clutching onto a bar in Officer Jenny's sidecar, the other keeping Pachirisu and her bag of luggage secure. The squirrel looked terrified, and Alice certainly felt it. The blue-haired woman was one reckless driver, and it wasn't as if they had fans, reporters or even paparazzi to avoid. It was like they were on the run or something!

"Thanks a lot, Officer. Take care." Pachirisu looked lethargic in her arms, and Alice regretted not walking down or calling a taxi. She just hoped neither of them would throw up their early dinner/late lunch from the hotel. Absently, the trainer wondered when her friends would get back to their room following the fiasco that had occurred. Silently saying goodbye to the ones that had changed her life, and waving off Jenny in the distance, the petite blonde continued up the pier to the Valencia Island ship.

"Have you ever seen one of these in person?" The trainer asked of her static companion, who shook his head in response. "It'll take us over to Valencia Island, where Professor Ivy lives. She researches Pokemon, has a massive garden and everything. She's friends with Professor Oak, who lives in Kanto, a region across the sea." Alice dug out her ferry pass, expressing gratitude to the sailor who allowed her aboard and gave her a card for a cabin. "He's really famous and has a radio show all about Pokemon, he writes silly and bad haikus, too. Poems with three lines..."

Alice continued rambling off any trivia she could recall as they followed the directions towards her room. He could never soak up everything his new owner said, but her chattery nature was endearing at least, if not overboard. She spoke about wanting a Pokedex, wondering if Ivy offered starters to trainers who visited prior to their journey, and pondering on the next gym and home and the ones still on Navel Island. Topics bounced as they went, Pachirisu treated as if he could respond well in kind, petted absently. It was sweet, the Pokemon supposed, even if it still threw him off. So this was what it was to have an older trainer?
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zTue Apr 29, 2014 8:18 am

She was almost to her room when the pounding of feet on the deck could be heard. It was just one pair at first, which had apparently been a young boy, who knocked right into Alice as he thundered around the corner. The two were sent tumbling to the ground, Pachirisu and the bag tumbling to the deck with his trainer. 

The boy was shocked, but only for a moment as he jerked his head around. More footsteps could be heard, "He went this way!" A disgruntled sounding man called, as they rushed toward them. The boy scurried to his feet, and took off in the direction he'd been heading before, ducking around a corner before the group of men came around the prior corner. 

There was three of them, apparently a Sailor, Chef, and an old gentleman who was perhaps one of the passengers. He was a bit more than middle aged, but still quite spry. The sailor seemed to be leading them, his coarse voice recognizable as the one from moments earlier. They were brought to a halt with Alice in the walk. 

"Argh, the little brat got away!" The sailor grumbled, the chef spouting off in French - literal French. However, he was so enraged that his words were rather indistinguishable even to the French. He waved his wooden spoon around, before throwing his chef hat to the ground and stomping on it angrily. He was quite a porky fellow, probably from 'taste testing' the meals.

The gentleman approached Alice, offering his hand to help her to her feet. He sported an old-timey mustache with an old brown pinstripe suit. He had a hat and cane to match, his hair speckled salt and pepper gray. He seemed the warmest from pure appearances, at least. Much better than the rough looking sailor, with bulging muscles adorned with nautical tattoos. "I apologize, Miss. Allow me," the gentleman said, hand extended.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zTue Apr 29, 2014 8:28 am

"Hey, watch where the hell you're going!" Alice snapped back after being knocked to the floor, glaring angrily in the direction that the child had fled to. Gaze softening, she looked at her shocked Pachirisu to scoop him up, murmuring sweet nothings and checking that he was fine, which overall he was. "Stupid kids. I swear if I find him, he's so dead..."

Looking up at the gathering, Alice smiled to the old man, taking his hand. Her demeanour reduced back into its usual, more pleasant side, "Oh, thank you! Don't apologise, it's not like you knocked me over or anything." She pointed out, getting to her feet. "What did the boy do, anyway, that caused such a riot?" Her French was incredibly rusty, and so most of the chef's ranting was lost on her, aside from a word here and there. Alice couldn't even recall swearing slang anymore, which was a staple of any language class banter and dare. "I'm Alice, by the way."
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zThu May 01, 2014 1:16 am

"That little wretch is nothing but a thief and a hellion!" The sailor spouted, looking quite irate. He gritted his teeth, hands balled up tightly in fists. 

"Ze little brat, he ruined my soufflé!" The chef shouted with a thick accent, enraged. "And ze soup, he spilled too much spice in it!" He grumbled, red faced as he strangled his spoon.

"Indeed, he has been quite the thorn so far. In fact..." The Gentleman glanced to Alice's pack. "You may want to make sure all your belongings are still there...he's quite sly," he said with a worried face. "We aren't sure where he came from. He may have stowed away before we departed the island," he rubbed his brow, clearly concerned over the whole matter.

Within Alice's bag, something was amiss. The heal balls rolled around, clacking against each other lightly. All but one, anyway. The translucent caps were an easy way to determine. Slowpoke! His pokeball was missing!
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zThu May 01, 2014 1:25 am

"Oh, really?" Alice thought the whole thing was quite funny, although she hid this well and could see how the chef might find it all so irritating. Souffles, especially, were difficult to make. Not being fond of soup, Alice couldn't care too much for that. As they spoke, she checked her bag since they seemed to be prompting her.

All of her money was there, along with the TMs, ferry pass and looking into the Heal Balls, she saw all but one of her Pokemon, "Oh my god, oh shit! Holy shit! Slowpoke, he stole Slowpoke!" The trainer's heart sank, thudding hard in its cage, "The little bastard! He went that way, he was hiding over there when I last saw him!" Frantically, Alice pointed in the direction she saw the stowaway flee. Desperate and terrified, and definitely panicking, Alice looked desperately to her electric-type.

"Pachirisu, do you remember the smell of his Heal Ball? Or his scent? We might be able to find him!" Alice looked to the two staff hopelessly, "Slowpoke's in a Heal Ball, and there are seals on it! Including foamy ones! He's a male, in his level thirties! Please, I'll help you if you all help me!"
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zThu May 01, 2014 7:10 am

Pachirisu seemed to panic, breathing heavily as he looked around. He was afraid of disappointing Alice, perhaps? He sniffed for the ball, even used his cheek pouches to try feeling electrical currents. However, he had never been on a ship before and was clearly disoriented. "Pachiii..." He groaned in a sobbing manner. Adorable though he was, he was no Houndour.

The old man clicked his tongue, "I was worried about that. He tried to get ahold of my Growlithe as well. Fortunately he only got an empty pokeball of mine in his rush. Still, losing a partner is hard," He offered his condolences. 

"Awright, that's it! Let's get that brat and give him a pounding!" The sailor growled, punching one hand into the palm of his other. The connection make a slap sound, his muscles around his neck and arms rippling. 

"Wee, send ze vermin overboard! Au revoir, wee man!" The chef tooted, waving his crumpled hat around in one hand. 

"Now, now gentleman. He is just a boy after all. The local enforcements can take care of him when we arrive. Until then we'll keep him confined so he doesn't cause any more trouble," the gentleman placed his hat back on his head, folding his hands over his cane behind his back. "Now, he's had a good head start, so running will hardly solve anything at this point, let's split into teams, shall we?"
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zThu May 01, 2014 7:28 am

Alice was disappointed, but she didn't let it show too much. Instead, she nuzzled Pachirisu lovingly, the static making her hair frizz and crackle a bit, goosebumps appearing on her arms despite the warmth, "It's okay, Pachirisu. We'll still find him." She assured the squirrel, adding to those around her, "A ship like this must have CCTV, right? Why doesn't someone check it and radio in while we search. Maybe we could split up into teams to try to cover more ground, and then make an announcement to meet somewhere once he's caught, or send off some sort of signal?"

She rolled off the suggestions because they needed to keep in contact, and it just felt more efficient to part rather than stick as one aggressive group. At least the old man's Growlithe was safe, but what of Slowpoke? The child obviously knew he was doing wrong. Someone that young hopefully wasn't a pawn for the likes of Team Rocket, but that didn't make him harmless. Hopefully her beloved Slowpoke would disobey and even fight back if ordered to do something. Alice couldn't deal with the thought of him being manipulated.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zThu May 01, 2014 7:59 am

"So it's agreed then. We'll split up into teams. Chef, how about you and I pair up? The good sailor can go with Alice here," The Gentleman announced. He looked at Alice and smiled. He had to split up in such a way that would cause the least damage, and though Alice might have preferred sticking with the Gentleman, putting the Chef and Sailor together would end only in disaster.

As the other two grumbled in agreement, the Gentleman continued. "Furthermore, should we apprehend the suspect, no harm is to come to him. Whomever catches him should take him to the Captain immediately. If no word is given in two hours, we shall reconvene here, agreed?" Again, the grumble of mutual dissatisfaction ruled. "Right then, let's be off. Good luck on the hunt!" The Gentleman parted ways, taking the stout chef with him. This left Alice with the burly Sailor, who was hardly refined.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zThu May 01, 2014 9:59 pm

Agreeing in a determined voice, Alice started in the opposite direction with the brash sailor. His presence was a little intimidating, but because they were both on the same side and upset about the same thing, she didn't actually mind his temper too much. Hell, they could be furious together. Whoever she was paired with, aside from the Gentleman, had as much potential of explosion as the two staff together.

"I know he's a kid, but I still want to rough him up. This is why I don't want children, little shits." She complained as they went, still shaking from anger and the scare. Pachirisu was a little unnerved by her rage, surprised by the complete turn his trainer's personality had taken. If he went missing, would she feel just as passionately? It was both amazing and frightening what love could do to a human being. "My Pokemon babies are okay, though. I have a Cleffa. I'll just raise them forever instead. Ah-" She paused her rant, "You know the way better than I do. D'you want to lead in front? I'm not sure where to start."
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zFri May 02, 2014 2:17 am

"Look, girlie, you just leave the muscle to me, and keep your eyes out fer that brat!" The sailor said, scoffing at the puny bodied female. She hardly had any meat on her, let alone muscle! It was obvious this man had a stereotypical outlook on life, not too hard considering his lifestyle though.

"The way? Hah! That doesn't matter much, if we don't know where the vermin went, now does it?!" The sailor growled, punching his palm again. The two walked on, searching around every nook and cranny, leaving no unlocked door unsearched. 

It was somewhat beneficial, in that Alice managed to find a few random items scattered about. They had probably been dropped by other passengers, but with no way of knowing who they belonged to, they were Alice's. An odd shaped stone, almost like an evolutionary stone shaped like an egg, but painted oddly. Not to mention the delicious looking chocolate. 

Still, there was no consolation prize great enough to take her mind off her precious Slowpoke. It wasn't much longer before they heard a loud commotion. A great thud shook the deck, rocking the ship violently. Shrieks from the passengers being tousled could be heard clear as day. Alice was thrown into the railing, and nearly overboard. The sailor grabbed hold of her, saving her as her body tipped with the ship, ocean spray washing over the both of them. He tossed back on deck, pulling himself back as well.

"Alright, now that doesn't sound good!" Finding a balance with the ship's rocking motions, the sailor motioned forward. "Up there!" He pointed toward the front of the ship, where there was a large open area of deck. Apparently there was a Pokémon battle going on, and the boy was there!

"Hah kid, back for more? Thought we taught you a lesson last time!" One of two older kids sneered. They were two boys, probably in their mid teens. The one looked mildly grungy, as many teenage boys tended to. The other was trying a bit too hard to look cool, chewing a toothpick in place of cigarettes. 

"Apparently he needs another ass whoopin' to get it through his head!" The one kid punched his partially gloved hands together in a macho fashion. "Now bring us the goods, or pay the price!" He growled. An Emboar and Combusken were beside the boys, apparently their Pokémon. They must have been bullies!
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zFri May 02, 2014 3:03 am

The feminist that was Alice was raging at the sailor's attitude. She wasn't a violent person, usually, but she wanted to floor someone just to show that size wasn't everything, and that having a literal pair of balls did not qualify him for anything more than her own body parts did. What an arse. However, she just continued to search, petting and cuddling Pachirisu as an attempt to calm herself down. The squirrel was becoming increasingly edgy, more than aware of the tension, but completely unprepared as to how to deal with it.

When the ship suddenly shook, the blonde cried out in horror, reaching out her arms to hold onto the railing. She ended up winded, the electric-type unleashing a blast of electricity, which only served to hurt her more. "Pachi, pachi pachirisu!" He wailed apologetically. The small adult was dazed and trembling, her skin broken and bleeding in places. Alice shook it off as best she could. "It-- it's fine. We can deal with it later, hang on--"

Looking up, she spotted the boy and the bullies. Another reason why she hated kids, although the sailor proved that age didn't necessarily fix that attitude. "Okay, Pachirisu, it's time for your first battle with me. I'm a little hazy right now, but we'll get through it, okay?" He looked at her anxiously, but nodded regardless. They had to save Slowpoke, and he had to help her, too. The Pokemon owed it for his reaction. Alice looked a mess. "I want you to use quick attack to get up there, then hit both of the Combusken with thunder wave!" She reached for another ball, past the egg and chocolate packed within, "Cleffa, follow and use copycat to mimic Pachirisu, but target the attacks at the Emboar! Then get it with psyshock!"

Pachirisu hesitated, and then raced forward, picking up momentum on his tiny paws. In a flash of green light, Cleffa emerged behind him, the baby attempting to keep up with his sidekick. It was their first true, official Pokemon battle for them both, but hopefully their friendship would result in brilliant teamwork and syncronity: the keys to a successful double battle.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zSun May 04, 2014 4:42 am

The Combusken was definitely the weaker of the two foes, seeming to be in its early twenties. If an estimate had to be given, 22 seemed to be an appropriate level for the female fire chicken. Emboar was where their real challenge would lie, at a hefty level 36 the bulky male was quite intimidating. He roared, fire exploding from his snout.

"N-no! I have Pokémon now, t-too!" The young boy stuttered in reply to the bullies. However, in a flash Pachirisu and Cleffa appeared between them, surprising the fire Pokémon duo with a paralyzing shock! Combusken and Emboar winced, finding it difficult to move very easily. Their speed was cut drastically, as well as the potential that they wouldn't be able to attack.

"What the- what are you trying to pull?!" One of the bullies spouted, assuming the boy was responsible. He swung his arm outward, "How dare you try a sneak attack like that?!" He snapped, pointing to the Cleffa. She was just preparing her Psyshock attack.

"Emboar, cut that Cleffa down before she hurts you!" He wasn't really sure what to do, but figured trying to take it down to be his best chance. "Try to dodge, and use Flame Charge!" Emboar struggled to move, but narrowly dodged the fairy's Psychock. He roared, body flaming as he lowered his center of gravity. He fought his paralysis, charging forward like a crazed boar toward the little Cleffa! Unfortunately, he didn't get far before his entire body jolted and recoiled, 
Flames dispersing immediately. His paralysis was too great this time around.

"Combusken, it's up to you! Use your Sand Attack and lower their accuracy!" The other boy called out. The Combusken was still moderately quick though there had been a cut in its speed. It started kicking up any dirt it could manage from the deck at the foes in hopes of cutting their accuracy.

All the while, the young thief stared in horror at Alice. He didn't know how the other two hadn't noticed her yet, but it was obvious to Alice and the Sailor that he had. He was shaking in his boots, so to speak, utterly afraid now that he reencountered the woman he thieved from!
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zSun May 04, 2014 4:58 am

Running very much like a demented Piplup, Alice eventually made it in front of the boy, standing to take charge of her Pokemon. Cleffa was absolutely terrified of the Emboar, so it was a good thing that she had gotten there, really, the Pachirisu growling aggressively as the dirt was kicked around. Cleffa was safe, but only because he had resorted to covering his eyes and whimpering.

"Get it together, guys, we can do this! Cleffa, blow a sweet kiss at the Emboar, and then use psyshock again!" She ordered. Whether Cleffa realised it or not, his magic guard would keep him safe from the worst of the enemy's attacks. Unless the Emboar attacked directly, nothing would hit through his ability. "Pachirisu, take the Combusken down with thunder!"

As of yet, Alice barely acknowledged the thief's presence. Right now, she wanted to deal with these brats. Maybe the gentleman would take care of the boy, or maybe the boy would just stick around to watch her take these two down!
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zMon May 05, 2014 5:38 am

"What- what is this?!" One of the bullies shouted, as Alice stepped into the battle. "You hiding behind a girl? What a pathetic wimp!" He scoffed, usual teenage boy crap. This was likely why Alice was more likely to seek attention from men older than her, weed out some of the more immature ones. "Well it doesn't matter anyhow, Combusken, Scratch that Pachirisu!" 

Combusken's body jolted and jerked, as its partial paralysis slowed its general movements. Unfortunately it also made it rather sporadic and hard to time against. It hurried to Pachirisu fast as it could muster, attempting to scratch the squirrel with its sharp hind talons. It was then that Pachirisu emitted its powerful electric attack. Though a normally low accuracy move, the closeness of the two made it hard to miss.

The electricity flowed through the feathered fowl, who was rather lucky to have lost its flying type upon evolution. Still, that didn't mean the damage wasn't noticeable. The fighting bird squawked in pain, Growling at Pachirisu angrily.

"Wha-No!" The angelic figure danced around like a wisp of light as Cleffa blew a confusing kiss to the paralyzed Emboar. He reeled, unsure of what was going on. Now if he was lucky enough to get a move off, he might accidentally aim it in the wrong direction! If that wasn't bad enough, the psychic shock was rocking his system! He was lucky to have the edge level wise, because for a baby Pokémon, Cleffa could pack a punch!

"Emboar!" The boy in control of the fully evolved pig grit his teeth. "Try ember!" He hoped that without having to move the rest of his body, he might be able to set off an attack on the foe. Emboar inhaled, flames appearing around his snout and mouth as his gullet was set ablaze from the inside. The move seemed to fizzle out though, smoke arising from Emboar's orifices as he dizzily wavered. He was confused, and hurt himself in confusion! 

All the while, the thief stood behind Alice, knees wobbling shakily. The Sailor looked like he was about to join in, but on closer inspection- had no pokeballs with him! Whether the young boy had taken his, or the man simply hadn't trained any Pokémon was left yet unseen. Still, he couldn't make his way safely around the battle, especially with it rocking the ship like that! He took off back down the side isle, probably trying to make his way around to the other side that way.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zMon May 05, 2014 3:33 pm

Alice smirked, almost grinning evilly as the battle progressed. She wasn't going to tell Emboar's trainer how much he had just fucked up, and she was so engrossed that the sailor's movements and intentions were completely lost on her. Like the boy, Alice was shaking, but unlike him, it was the pure rush that had done it.

"Cleffa, use encore on the Emboar!" He would never land a hit on Cleffa now, not with magic guard in play. Ember would just deflect. "Then keep using psyshock! Pachirisu, use your quick attack to keep out of Combusken's way, and keep striking with thunder!"

The two were more confident now, the directions given by their trainer so far serving them well. Cleffa clapped his hands cutely, cheering the Emboar on to force it to carry on with the same move. Confused or not, it was a perfect strategy in Alice's opinion to pick it off and make its much higher level mean nothing. After that, it went in close, going for another psyshock move! Pachirisu, on the other hand, was zipping across the field as his fur crackled. White electricity surrounding the squirrel, he went in for another thunder attack!
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zTue May 06, 2014 7:01 am

Cleffa's encore meant Emboar would be stuck using Ember for a few turns. Still, it was better than having used something useless or self damaging. The boy growled, "Keep attacking, Emboar!" He shouted, the poor fire boar both paralyzed and confused. Still, he seemed to manage aiming this time, spouting flames from his mouth at Cleffa. Her Psyshock met in the middle, the two moves colliding and causing a miniature explosion, rocking the ship yet again. Combusken and Emboar both took a bit of damage from the resulting shockwave. It was possible Cleffa or Pachirisu had as well.

"Tsk," the other boy huffed, as the lightning squirrel darted about. "Try your ember attack, Combusken!" He figured if he couldn't get close, he would try a ranged attack. The paralyzed chicken was still having troubles, but managed to launch some hot flames, spouting them in bursts at Pachirisu as it sipped around. Unfortunately for Pachirisu, Thunder missed, striking instead somewhere in the distance. It could be a hard move to use, with such a low accuracy.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zTue May 06, 2014 7:11 am

Alice ducked aside, peeking from behind a bent arm through the smoke and flames, grabbing onto a beam as she stumbled. Again, she felt a bit winded, but was in a much better state than before. "Okay, guys, swap targets! Pachirisu, get Emboar with dig, and then use thunder!" She ordered, the speedy male darting for the other opponent, aiming to get beneath and then force him upwards, whilst summoning his thunder. in such close range, hopefully it would hit its mark. "Cleffa, use headbutt and then psyshock on Combusken!"

Not paying attention to Emboar meant that some of the embers struck Cleffa, thereby throwing him off his game a little, hard as he tried. However, Pachirisu's speed was too much even for Combusken to match. Maybe if it had tried predicting Pachirisu's path, the former bird would've had more luck, but as it was, Combusken's spitfires merely landed in his wake.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zWed May 07, 2014 1:58 am

All things considered, it was good the ship was rocking. It splashed water onto the deck, putting out fires before they could spread further. That didn't stop the squirrel from trying to burrow into the underbelly of the ship, though! He broke through the first layer of wood, only to find a steel hull underneath. He had to resort to scooting about on his belly rather than underneath ground to try the strike.

Still, it partially worked, as Emboar was paralyzed. Unfortunately, it was more of a tackle than Dig, and as such didn't do quite as much as Alice might have hoped. Still, the crackling static build summoned a lightning bolt, striking the pig who was beginning to tire somewhat. The duo seemed to be wearing the beast down, what with his current state and all.

Emboar, unable to do anything else tried another Ember. The strike to his gut from beneath caused him to launch it prematurely, so it wasn't near as strong or accurate as one might have hoped. Perfect for Alice, though.

Combusken struggled, barely able to move out of Cleffa's headbutt, only to be struck by his Psychock! The fighting fowl squawked in pain, attempting to immediately scratch at the pink star Pokémon. The boys were shocked, feeling helpless in the girl's wake. Somehow she was pulling this off, even though they should have had the advantage! Their faces said it all.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zWed May 07, 2014 2:08 am

Alice was enjoying the look on their faces, although she was cringing at the damage the ship was taking. "Hey, get Slowpoke out and make him use his water moves to stop any fires. And get him to use his psychic powers to try and steady the ship or repair it in places! Help him out." She prompted the thief. A bit of it was her fault, so she'd shell out money if asked, but really, the boys were all the ones most responsible. Hopefully they'd take the hardest hit. Emboar's ember went wayward, but Cleffa was struck by the scratch attack. At least the level gap between them wasn't huge enough to make it a problem.

"Keep using psyshock while Combusken's off balance! Pachirisu, use your quick attack and cling onto Emboar's back, then use thunder until it's down! Don't let them strike you, boys!" She called to her Pokemon, proud and excited for the way things were going. Zipping around the fire pig, the squirrel speedily leaped to dig his claws into the orange skin, already sparking wildly as he summoned another blast. Cleffa was feeling brave knowing that his smaller size and higher speed was giving him an edge over the tall bird, a blue aura surrounding him as he went in for psyshock after psyshock, just as Alice shouted for him to do.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zWed May 07, 2014 10:50 pm

The boy behind Alice suddenly snapped his head up to her as she yelled back to him. He hadn't been expecting it, let alone for her to encourage him to use her Pokémon! "Uh, right," he said shakily, taking Slowpoke's pokéball out. "Go!" He yelled tossing the ball out and releasing the pink hippo in a minty green light, foamy bubbles floating up and popping as it did so.

The foes began laughing hysterically upon seeing the Pokémon, slapping their knees and holding their sides. "What a useless Pokémon!" He shouted between laughs. However, it was short lived for they didn't know yet what Slowpoke was capable of.

"Slow..." Slowpoke said rather slowly, looking up at Alice with a grin plastered on his face. He looked to the battle ahead, opening his mouth with water gurgling in his belly. He shot short spurts out, putting out small flames that appeared as the fiery Pokémon fought. He then began to glow a fierce hue, using his psychic abilities to stabilize the boat best he could. It wasn't perfect, but would help Alice quit tumbling into the railing.

"Hey, what's the big idea?!" The other boy began, taking quick not of the change in environment. He growled, watching the Pachirisu jump onto Emboar. "Emboar-" he started, then remembered his unfortunate predicament. The Pokémon merely used another ember attack, which again backfired. This time Thunder missed, though just barely. It rocked the ship, making Slowpoke's job that much harder. Emboar snapped out of his confusion, turning his head slightly and reaching back to try prying Pachirisu off his back.

"Combusken!" The other trainer cried, as his paralyzed Pokémon was temporarily unable to move. Cleffa, though not truly a fast Pokémon, was currently faster than the paralyzed bird and ran about, shooting the bird with psychic jolts! The fowl screeched. After two shots, he was able to move again, and tried retaliating with alternating shots of Ember and Scratch like an epic battle one might have seen on the TV. Combusken was looking very worn down though, and his trainer knew it wouldn't be much longer at this rate...
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zWed May 07, 2014 11:00 pm

Alice grinned back at Slowpoke lovingly, although the sounds of the boys laughing made her feel tearful. She didn't know why, because she should have expected such immaturity of them, but it struck her deep down and it was like she felt her Pokemon's pain. "Really? Because all of my Pokemon are amazing! It's a shame that yours are stuck with such pathetic excuses for trainers. I bet they're embarrassed for you at this point!" Alice sneered.

"Try and dodge, Cleffa!" She called, the little baby panicking at the quick-fire shots. He tried his best to run around them, but as the claws scraped down his body, one of the embers struck him and he wailed, "It's okay, Cleffa! Use sweet kiss on Combusken, then finish it off, just like before! Pachirisu," She was surprised that thunder had missed, given that he was literally attached to Emboar, "Hold on, and use your thunder! Bite at its fingers if he tries to get you!" Officially, Pachirisu didn't know bite, but she doubted it was difficult for her squirrel to clamp his teeth down and discourage the pig's swiping.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zThu May 08, 2014 4:50 am

Pachirisu didn't have much to worry about, aside from holding onto the bucking boar. His arms were bulky and stubby, making it nigh impossible to reach the electric squirrel nipping at his fingers. He roared in pain as the next Thunder struck its target, making the boar dizzied. He couldn't move this turn, as he was paralyzed!

Cleffa on the other hand, resorted to his cute phase. He blew an angelic kiss toward Combusken. The confusing act left the fighter befuddled, causing him to trip and hurt himself in the confusion! He was left weak and defenseless, especially to Cleffa's Psyshock attack. He cried out one last time, the Pokémon not moving afterward. Combusken fainted! 

Cleffa and Pachirisu both gained 11 experience for the first foe's defeat. The owner returned it, terrified look in his eyes. Cleffa even seemed a little stronger from the experience!
"What- what the hell are these Pokémon made out of?!" He shouted, turning tail to run. He was, unfortunately for him, cut off by the old man and Chef from before. The teen bounced off of the tubby man's gut, falling flat on his arse.

"What the hell man, you were just gonna leave me here?!" The other boy shouted, paying less attention to the battle at hand than ever. It was the perfect opportunity to tag team the boar. Alice just needed to be careful not to hit her own Pokémon with their attacks.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zThu May 08, 2014 5:03 am

Alice smirked as the boy failed to flee. Good, they'd all be in trouble the way this was going. Relieved to have finished a tougher Pokemon mostly from his own effort, Cleffa cheered, waving his little arms above his head. Tiny eyes resting on Alice for approval, she grinned at her baby and cheered the fairy on, "Good job, you two! Cleffa, you're stronger than you think, see?"

"Now, Pachirisu, go up to his head and charge the strongest thunder you've got! Cleffa, sweet kiss to confuse Emboar, then psyshock! Get out of the way before thunder hits, and then use your copycat attack!" She knew Emboar was going to be a much, much tougher job to handle than Combusken, but the trainer was distracted by his squabbling, and there were two Pokemon on one now. Cleffa nodded, blowing a confusing kiss while his best friend readied a final thunder - or what they hoped would be a final one. If it wasn't, Cleffa would hopefully finish the job, if they could make an accurate strike. "Do your best, we almost have this!"
Slowpoke
Slowpoke

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zThu May 08, 2014 11:21 pm

The attacks struck as a beautifully executed dance, the two friends flowing nearly flawlessly. It was quite a sight to behold, as the two low level Pokémon brought the Emboar to his knees. The Pokémon cried out, roaring in pain as it collapsed to the deck floor, knocked unconscious in the combined efforts. Cleffa was severely injured after the whole affair, and would need some tending to by a nurse. He would likely be quite alright though. Pachirisu had managed to avoid taking most, if not all damage during the battle thanks to having the foes paralyzed.

Both Pokémon gained a good deal of experience from the ordeal, though. They both looked to be a bit stronger after Emboar went down, having each leveled up. Slowpoke had been working hard to keep the ship steady and free of fires. He seemed to have gained some experience from the training it provided, as well. The other boy returned Emboar, shaking at the knees in his cowardice.
"Well boys, don't you think you should give this young lady what she rightfully earned?" The Gentleman spoke, mustache moving like a little broom with every word. His voice was warm and friendly like a grandfather, even now.

"Gotcha!" The Sailor said, grabbing the younger boy by the arms behind Alice. He had snuck up on him, now squirming in the burly man's hold. "Here's your pokeball back," he said, tossing Slowpoke's ball back to Alice. "I'll take the boy back to your cabin, Captain!" 

"Yes quite. Thank you, Jim. Make sure he stays there this time, eh?" The gentleman laughed heartily. "Sorry I didn't disclose everything before, Alice. You see, he's actually my grandson. He snuck on board when he heard I was setting sail again. I need to get him back to my Son, but he's stuck with me for at least this ferry ride. He seems to have fallen in with a bad crowd though..." He shot the teenagers a sharp look.

Their hair stood straight up, stepping back toward Alice. They turned around, pale in the face as they handed her some winning cash for her victory. "And don't worry, these boys will be paying for the damage they caused...with hard labor! Tohoho!"

The Chef escorted the teens out of Alice's presence, probably getting scrubbed up for some hard work to come. The gentleman approached Alice, smile on his face. "That was quite a show you put on there. Your Pokémon are very talented, which only shows your prowess as a trainer!" He complimented, holding out something in his hand. "Give this to Professor Ivy when you see her, will you? The ship will be docking soon, and I need to keep an eye on my Grandson." He handed over a small package with an envelope attached.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8zThu May 08, 2014 11:40 pm

"Come here, you two little munchkins!" Alice called, and the two Pokemon ran over to her. Pachirisu was fastest, like a bolt of lightning as he dashed along the slippery deck and up around her shoulders. He whipped his tail, the result like a cooling fan, and the trainer practically purred. "You were great, Pachirisu! And you," She crouched down after ruffling the squirrel's still static fur. Cleffa had made his way over, hurt and a bit sniffly, even if he was still pumped from the brawl, "You're my little star! Perfect, look at you!" The trainer gathered the fairy in her embrace, kissing him over and blowing a raspberry into his cheeks, exerting a giggle, "My powerful, superduper Pokemon boys!"

She looked up at the gentleman after the boy was taken away, surprised by the revelation. She felt a bit embarrassed, given that he might have seen some of her aggression towards the child before having parted ways in pairs, but maybe the sight of him helping alongside Slowpoke could have eased any awkwardness? She hoped so. The tyrants paid her the prize money and were dragged off. Alice hoped that she would get to see them paying their dues later on.

"Oh, thank you! They are a wonderful pair, aren't they? Yes, you are!" She cooed a second later, blowing another raspberry into the baby's curls, and he squealed delightedly. Pachirisu rested his paws in the woman's wayward blonde hair, peeking over her tiny head, "And yeah, sure I will. Sorry, Cleffa, I'm gonna stick you in your ball to carry this, okay? I do think you need the rest."

Cleffa was disappointed, but withdrew nonetheless so that his trainer could carry the item with ease. She went to her cabin to drop off the package in her PC storage before going on to dinner. They had set off in the late afternoon, after all, and Alice was starving by this point, as were her Pokemon. Getting some food and drink in their bellies would help towards fixing any injuries sustained in the day's battles, and she reminisced on the advert, the show and Team Rocket. To think she had an enemy there...

Eventually, the ship docked, and Alice personally thanked the chef, gentleman and captain before disembarking. The package was in her bag now, ready to be passed along. Aside from the airship and regular sea ports, the biggest attraction was of course Ivy's lab and the big ranch and greenhouse she owned. Alice advanced up the path towards the great white building, hoping that it would be easy to find the entrance, and not at all difficult to get speaking to anyone inside.
Sponsored content

Sayonara Crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayonara Crawl   Sayonara Crawl H6Q0F8z

Sayonara Crawl
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next