HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Maximum Boothe

A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! Empty
PostSubject: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zThu Mar 13, 2014 3:06 am

Max took a last look around his house. He'd only been there a year, but it was his home, and he wasn't going to see it for a long time. When he was ready to leave, he walked up to his little brother's room. "Goodbye, Sebastian." Max said.

"Goodbye, Max! When I'm old enough I'm gonna go on a journey and meet up with you!" Sebastian ran over and gave Max a hug.

"That'd be great. Until then, I'll be sure to visit home. See you later." Max untangled himself from his brother and stepped out of his room, only to poke his head back in a few seconds later. "Have you seen Mads anywhere?"

"I think she's outside. Bye Max!" Sebastian called out as Max left for their backyard.

"Bye Seb!" Max stepped into the sunlight, shading his eyes, looking for his younger sister. He saw her drawing with a stick in the dirt, supervised by Kate, Max's stepmom. "Hey, I just came by to say goodbye." Max said to Kate.

"Goodbye Max! I hope you have a lot of fun on your journey. I know I did!" Kate said. Max swooped down and picked up his 2 year old sister.

"Goodbye Madeline! Don't let Seb make you too angry, alright?" Mads giggled. Max set her down. "Kate, any idea where my dad is?"

"He should be in the kitchen." Max spun around and walked back inside. He found his dad as expected, sitting in his chair drinking coffee and reading the paper.

"You know, Max, I have honestly no idea how you stand the heat in that thing." announced Max's Dad.

"It's not really that hot, honestly. I just wanted to say goodbye." Max's dad stood up and gave Max a hug.

"Remember to practice your training during your journey." Max's dad whispered in his ear. When they broke apart, Max's Dad said, " Ah, you and Rio are going to have so much fun! Just remember to write home once in a while." Max's Dad sat back down and picked up the paper, although his eyes weren't focused on it. Max turned and headed to the front door. He picked up his backpack and  slung it over one shoulder. This was the moment. He was leaving home and setting out on his own. It's going to be a Long time till he sees this place again. With a deep breath, Max opened the door and stepped outside. It was a bright sunny day, perfect for the beginning of a journey. Max pushed down the hood of his parka and drew a Pokeball from his inside pocket. He tossed it into the air, releasing his first adventuring partner, Rio the riolu.

"You ready to start our adventure ?" Max asked Rio.

"Ri Rio!" Rio responded, clearly excited. With that quick exchange, the duo set out down the road and out of Littleroot town, into the brand new world that they had yet to explore.

"I wonder what kinds of Pokemon live out here?" Max wondered aloud.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zThu Mar 13, 2014 3:47 am

It was a cloudy day to start one's journey, but the two were in high spirits regardless. Where the sun didn't reach, it was still a little chilly, especially with the breeze that rustled the trees. Tailow fluttered above and around them, Wurmple attached to the trunks of the trees. However, what stood out the most was a Totodile, a male baby at level two at the most. It was obviously far from its original habitat, or so one would think, and it was munching on berries and nuts from the nearby foliage, trying to keep out of view from passers by.
Maximum Boothe

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zThu Mar 13, 2014 3:57 am

"Wow! Rio, look at that! A wild Totodile!" Max exclaimed in a hushed voice, hoping that the Totodile hadn't seen them yet. I don't want to frighten it. I think I'll just approach it slowly and see how things turn out from there. Max thought. Max and Rio inched towards the Totodile. "Hey there," Max said in a calm, gentle voice once the Totodile noticed them.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zThu Mar 13, 2014 4:07 am

The Totodile looked over when the two moved close enough, blinking his brown eyes, jaw slack. The Riolu wasn't his species, obviously, but it was small and blue and similar enough, and that was nice. "Toto?" It questioned the two, wondering exactly what they wanted. Honestly, even more of interest to the wild thing, was if they had any food or drink, and it relayed that question to the fighting-type in Pokemon tongue.
Maximum Boothe

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zThu Mar 13, 2014 1:02 pm

The Totodile didn't seem to be running away in fear, which was good. Rio and the Totodile seemed to be having some sort of conversation. It was beyond Max what they could possibly be saying to each other, so he was surprised when Rio turned and tugged on his sleeve.

"Ri Rio Ri!" Rio exclaimed, pointing to Max's backpack.

"What is it, Rio?" Max looked at Rio first, then at the Totodile. Maybe Rio offered Totodile something of ours. But what is it? Max wondered. Well, my dad did tell me to practice my power, and I guess now is as good as anytime. Max knelt downing the grass and concentrated on the world around him, like his dad had taught him. It took a long time, but eventually he felt Rio's general emotions. Of course, I'm used to Rio. It'd take a lot more time to sense the Totodile. Max took a breath, then said aloud, "What is it, Rio?" Rio repeated its previous statement, but this time, Max saw an image of the Totodile, and then some food and water. "Ah!" Max exclaimed, losing his concentration,"You're hungry! That's it!" Max began to rifle through his backpack, looking for their supplies. Eventually he pulled out a canteen of water and a bag of Pokemon food. Max unscrewed the lid and offered the canteen and some of the food to the Totodile.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zThu Mar 13, 2014 4:29 pm

Totodile waited patiently, looking between the Pokemon and his human. The boy seemed easily confused, but did eventually get the understanding required. At the sight of the water and food, he let out a hoarse cheer, waving his arms as he went forward to accept the gift. Being dehydrated was one of the worst possible states a creature of his typeset could be in, and after chugging some of the water down, Totodile began munching on the food for the bag. It didn't take words to see that the baby was grateful.
Maximum Boothe

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zThu Mar 13, 2014 4:55 pm

"Man, you're really cute." Ma said, seeing how happy the Totodile was. "Whoa those are some big teeth." Max had heard about how Totodiles were renowned for their jaw strength but he never really believed that until now, watching the Totodile munching away. Max stretched out a hand to pat the Totodile on the head.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zThu Mar 13, 2014 7:06 pm

The Totodile smiled, though it was hard to see when he was wolfing food down at the rate he was. At the mention of his teeth in particular, he grinned, making a point to chomp down melodramatically as if displaying his power. Nuzzling into Max's hand, he set the bag back and washed the food down with a bit more water. "Dile~" He was satisfied.
Maximum Boothe

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zThu Mar 13, 2014 8:24 pm

Max patted the Totodile, happy that it appeared to like him. "Hey Totodile, Rio and myself are on a journey across this region, and I was wondering," Max rifled around in his pockets, until he pulled out a Pokeball and offered it to the Pokemon, "if you'd like to join us." Rio nodded to indicate his agreement.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zThu Mar 13, 2014 8:28 pm

Totodile looked at the Poke Ball and Max with apprehension, eyes shifting briefly to the Riolu as well. He seemed happy, healthy and smart enough. Weighing up the pros and cons, there would be free food and drink and some affection, clearly. Hopefully the journey part would be nice. "Toto, totodile, dile." The creature agreed finally, nodding.
Maximum Boothe

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zThu Mar 13, 2014 9:33 pm

"Awesome!" Max said, and tossed the Pokeball gently at Totodile. The ball shook gently, then stopped. Max picked it up and threw it into the air, releasing Totodile. "It's nice to have a new partner! Now, you need a name. Hmmmmmm." Max remembered Totodile's powerfull teeth. "How about Jaws? Do you like that?" Jaws nodded, smiling, showing exactly why he liked it. "Now, let's go look for some Pokemon to battle! Ok guys?" Max asked. Totodile and Riolu cheered in unison, and they set off down the path to Odale town. While walking Max pulled out his Pokedex. "I wonder what moves you know." Max muttured to himself.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zFri Mar 14, 2014 12:25 am

Given that Totodile was only level two, it didn't know many moves at all. He didn't even have a water move in his small arsenal. The group continuing on, the familiar Tailow of the region occupied the trees and skies, a small pack of Zigzagoon running around in the long grass.
Maximum Boothe

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zFri Mar 14, 2014 12:58 am

Max looked over at the Zigzagoon and considered them. We probably wouldn't be able to take all of them by ourselves, but if we could isolate one then maybe. Ehh, maybe not. Max thought, his eyes wandering throughout the path they were traveling, until they stopped on a single Tailow nearby. That looks like an easier battle. Max stopped suddenly and knelt down to talk with Rio and Jaws. "You see that Tailow over there?" Max whispered, hoping not to scare it off, "When I say go, Jaws, you walk up to it and use Leer. Then, before it can hit you, Rio, you dash up and use quick attack. Sound like a plan?" The Pokemon nodded in agreement. "Then Go!" Max whispered and straightened up, excited to see what would happen.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zFri Mar 14, 2014 1:44 am

The Tailow was oblivious to the trio sneaking up on it, but only because they were a distance enough away. It was pecking at the ground, feeding on whatever scraps it could find, or bugs if it was lucky enough to find one. The level nine male looked over as Totodile approached, taken aback by the small thing's leer, its defence falling. In retaliation, the Pokemon cawed and flapped its wings to try and chase it off, only to be knocked aside by the Riolu's sudden quick attack. Cawing even louder, ticked off, the bird pumped itself up with focus energy, and then shot back at Riolu with a quick attack of its own.

This was war!
Maximum Boothe

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zFri Mar 14, 2014 2:16 am

The Tailow collided with Rio, sending him toppling backwards. Max fervently hoped it didn't know any flying type moves. "Jaws! Use Scratch! While it's distracted, Rio, use Bullet Punch! We have to keep it confused!" Max felt a rush of adrenaline flow through him. His very first battle! This was so cool! Max realized that this was why everyone wanted to be a Pokemon trainer. Having battles wih your Pokemon was just so much fun!
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zFri Mar 14, 2014 2:35 am

Tailow took both hits, the bullet punch striking him first while the scratch got him from behind. He growled, lowering the attack stats of both opposing Pokemon before starting a series of pecks on the Riolu. They were super effective, and if he turned on Totodile, Jaws' lower level would surely knock him out quickly. However, Tailow's health was already fairly depleted. Max still had a shot here!
Maximum Boothe

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zFri Mar 14, 2014 2:56 am

"Rio!" Max shouted as Tailow battered Rio with a succession of Pecks. Max was worried, Rio wasn't faring very well. Another hit like that and Rio might be down for the count. Nax decided that the only chance for victory was Rio's strongest move. "Jaws! Use Leer! Rio, use Shadow Claw!" Totodile bared its teeth at the Tailow, while Rio's paw was enveloped with a dark, pulsing energy. Rio launched itself at the enemy, leaving a trail if darkness behind him.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zFri Mar 14, 2014 3:00 am

Tailow didn't even see Totodile's leer, focused as he was on trying to take out the Riolu. In close quarters with it, the shadow claw struck him hard, and he flew back across the ground, struggling with another growl to pick himself back up onto his claws. He growled again, unstable, not quite able to take flight as he wanted to. The battle had turned around quickly indeed. It was one thing Max would see repeatedly on his journey: even the smallest thing could tip the balance one way or another.
Maximum Boothe

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zFri Mar 14, 2014 3:18 am

"Yes! It worked!" Max exclaimed. Max felt a shiver run up his spine. His first victory was at hand! But even though things were going well, it could be turned around really quickly, seeing what just happened. A good thing for Max to keep in mind during his journey. Even now, close to victory, he had to be careful. Teamwork was important. "Jaws! Metal Claw! Rio! Quick Attack! You're doing awesome guys, keep up the effort!" Max cheered on his Pokemon as they advanced upon the Tailow.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zFri Mar 14, 2014 3:53 am

Jaws was of course slower than Rio, even without quick attack, which hit first and left Tailow teetering on the edge. Metal claw came before Tailow had any hope of trying to evade, the shining, hard claws scratching down his middle. He fell in a lump, each Pokemon earning four experience points each, with Totodile leveling up by one.
Maximum Boothe

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8zFri Mar 14, 2014 4:01 am

"Awesome! We won! You guys were fantastic! How are you feeling?" Max asked. Rio looked exhausted but happy, and Jaws was smiling. "We'll, looks like we should hurry up and get you guys to Odale Town so we can take a rest. Do you guys wanna ride in your Pokeballs or in my backpack?" Max knelt down and unzipped two of the larger pockets on his backpack.

"Ri! Lu!" Riolu exclaimed happily, claiming into one of the pockets, sticking his head out of the comfy pouch.

"Dile!" Jaws followed suite, and Max picked up the pack and started down the trail. The journey had only just begun, but the trio couldn't wait for more!
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!   A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere! H6Q0F8z

A Journey of a Thousand Steps has to begin somewhere!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1