HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Giving This Place a Shot

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Supersquirrel
Supersquirrel

Giving This Place a Shot Empty
PostSubject: Giving This Place a Shot   Giving This Place a Shot H6Q0F8zSat May 11, 2013 2:04 am

Well, I didn't see an intro thread area sooooo...this will have to do! :3

I would like to start off by saying 'Haaaaaaaaaay' and just let people know what I think about this place. I'm really excited about it seeing as I'm a huge fan of Pokemon and have always wished I could actually be a trainer. Unfortunately almost all Pokemon RPGs I've found have been extremely linear with a set number of dodges, a set HP value with PP on moves and...it becomes a pain!

Another issue I tend to have with them is that all the Pokemon encounters are always randomized! And to make matters worse I always get crap like Rattatas and Sentrets nonstop. Not even kind of joking. Then the next person I see gets a freaking Bagon or a Gible.

My point is, I really hope this isn't one-sided as heck toward the people who have been here forever. Should they have certain boosts like evolved Pokemon? Items for battle? Of course! I'm not saying they shouldn't! But I want one like the show where I can use, say, my Pikachu's speed advantage in order to take down an Onix! I don't think it's unreasonable to just say that people shouldn't be jerks with their rps!

But that's beside the point. I get to rambling and for that I'm sorry. I've seen a lot of the rules here so far, and I like you're not SUPER restrictive on battling (although I do think that my pidgey can beat that Gyarados if she uses her natural speed for some help!) and I hope you guys don't just choose to offer constant crap toward the Pokemon we can get in the wild. :P

Anywhoooo...if you've stuck it out this long through my nonsensical ramble, then you have passed my test. And that means you can be my friend. :)
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Giving This Place a Shot   Giving This Place a Shot H6Q0F8zSat May 11, 2013 3:36 pm

Yay, another friend.

Alright girly, we have an Introductions forum (go find it yourself :twisted:). Welcome to the website and I hope you will not be disappointed. The wild Pokemon encounter here are randomized, we use the RNG which is the widget on the bottom left. Yeah, I think you would be able to defeat an Onix with Pikachu's speed but of course, there's always the level system in it. If it's not too far of a difference, your Pikachu can use speed but with Normal-type damages, gonna be hard. If only a Pikachu can use Harden and you use it with Quick Attack then you might have a chance.

I remember fighting three Level 26 with three of my Level 16s and being able to defeat the two and capture one. Also, my Level 12 Treecko took down a Level 18 Nidoqueen with the use of his specie's special ability (able to stick and crawl on walls like a freaking Spider-Man) as well as the area (rocks, corners, walls, etc.)

So yeah, it's all about how you convince the mod and your knowledge in battling and tactic. ;)

And yep, you can use non-Pokemon moves here. For example, I'm currently battling Brawly's Makuhita with my Monferno and the Fire-types pretty much messed up, so I attempted to do a Rear Naked Choke which turns out to be an MMA submission move (you wrap your arms around the opponent's neck blocking air and stuff like that).

And if you want tips in battling, I proclaim myself as this website's battle master. You can PM me if you want tips on how to get out of a situation. But try to accomplish stuff on your own. :P
Leo
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Giving This Place a Shot   Giving This Place a Shot H6Q0F8zSat May 11, 2013 3:40 pm

Hey, nice to meet you I am Yamask but you can call me Ian :) . I hope you will have lots of fun here at PWRPG.
Fox Demon Avaritia
Fox Demon Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: Giving This Place a Shot   Giving This Place a Shot H6Q0F8zSat May 11, 2013 4:04 pm

Moved to the Introduction section~

Well, first things first, welcome to PW! As we met in the CB, this post of mine will be a bit shorter than my usual one. Yes, this site focuses on a freer form of RP, focusing more on RP ability and problem solving than systems and luck. Some Mods, however, do have their own individual systems to keep track of HP and number of hits needed to faint a Pokemon. However, it only applies to the Pokemon you're battling, and because you determine if the attack is a hit or miss, the ball is still in your court. Also, it really depends on the Mod whe it comes to wild Pokemon. Most of us do use the generator (though I will admit that I sometimes just think of a Pokemon and make that appear when I'm feeling unrandom). I also use the generator to determine shininess and if it'll have an egg move.

Well, other than RP stuff, I guess I can say a bit about myself. I'm Fennekin, I like Oreos and SCIENCE, and am quite random at times. I've had a few usernames in the past, so if someone mentions Ava, Grad, or Avaritia, they're probably speaking of me. Oh, and Shadow, you're gonna have to share her, she's my friend too :3
youarereta98
youarereta98

PostSubject: Re: Giving This Place a Shot   Giving This Place a Shot H6Q0F8zSat May 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Hey, pleasure to meet you. I encourage people to call me Reta, but you can always choose something else if you like ^_^. I hope you join us in the chat log on the front page so everyone can get to know you more!
SaxAppeal
SaxAppeal

PostSubject: Re: Giving This Place a Shot   Giving This Place a Shot H6Q0F8zTue May 14, 2013 3:09 pm

I wish I could say I'd get to chat with you, but my interwebs are currently punishing me for unknown reasons; as is, I hope you enjoy your time on the forum! Most people just call me Sax, but a few know me as Derek, and I'm alright with that, too. Just remember, the unspoken rule of the forum is that you have to have fun! ^=^
Bryan
Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Giving This Place a Shot   Giving This Place a Shot H6Q0F8zThu May 16, 2013 11:23 am

Sax's interwebz, keep punishing the human creature. MWEEHEHEHEHEHEH.

Oh look she's inactive. ;-;
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giving This Place a Shot   Giving This Place a Shot H6Q0F8z

Giving This Place a Shot
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1