HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] Empty
PostSubject: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zSun Jun 17, 2012 3:01 am

Arriving at Hamlin Island from Kumquat Island of the Orange Archipelago, Randy "Arinem" Mathers decides to head for a Pokemon Center immediately. He has to rest his tired Lapras from ferrying him from Kumquat to Hamlin straight. No need to heal his Growlithe, he was sleeping all the way through. He feels sort of nervous in this one since he is not used to too much outdoors but he's a Trainer now, he has to get used to it.

He won't back down. "Finally reached Hamlin. You've done well, Lapras. Thank you very much. Don't worry, we'll take a quick snack after healing you." he said as he carry Growlithe like a baby who is sleeping in his father's arms only that he is sleeping in a Trainer's. "Lap~" the Lapras answered in a cheery tone happy to ferry and serve her Trainer.

Minutes later, Arinem has healed his tired Lapras and Growlithe is awake. He takes a quick sandwich which is inside his backpack and some Pokefood for the two of his Pokemon. They rest for 10 minutes until they're all ready, well, Growlithe only since Lapras cannot fight in the ground.

"Ya ready, man?" Arinem asked his cute little Pokemon. The Growlithe answered with a cheery bark. Together, they explore the island completely unknown to them.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zSun Jun 24, 2012 10:33 am

From the shadows a set of eyes peered at the trainer and growlithe. The eyes watched as the pair came closer. The small pokemon in the shadows suddenly popped out and made itself known. Something shny was tied to its tail, a bell? A purrloin made to tackle the growlithe playfully before dropping down on its back and exposing its belly to the canine. "Purr~loin." it purred happily and batted playfully at the fluffy fur hanging around the growlithe's neck.

Wild Purrloin appears! Male, level 11.

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zSun Jun 24, 2012 10:58 am

OOC: Thank you but are you sure you are allowed to mod? Anyway, I have a little something for you: Click here. :3

===

Growlithe gets tackled by a wild Purrloin but didn't take any damage since the attack wasn't meant to be an offense. He stood there as the Purrloin played with his fur on the neck. He smiles and lets out a cute bark showing appreciation. He likes it when his fur gets touched or played like that. "That's adorable but he better not let his guard down..." though Arinem as he smiled at the Purrloin and watched the two. Growlithe would raise his paw up in the air as if wanting to shake hands... well... paws with the other four-legged Pokemon.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zSun Jun 24, 2012 11:18 am

OOC: yes, new mod, just haven't had the stuff changed yet
--------------------------------------------------------------------

The purrloin was happy to have a playmate after a little while. He loved playing. When the dog pokemon extended a paw, the purrloin stood up on it's hind legs and shook it with one of its paws. Back on all four, the cat hopped back and forth to hopefully draw a playful pounce from the dog. After a little while longer of playing, the purrloin looked at the trainer curiously. He seemed to want Arinem to join in he playing, even going so far as to signal with a paw.

Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] 509

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zSun Jun 24, 2012 11:26 am

"Oh no... I suck at playing with Pokemon except if it's my Pokemon... It's like trying to make a baby laugh and entertaining a five year old kid..." he thought. He really does suck in these that's why he avoids babysitting and now a Pokemon asks him to play. Growlithe let out another cute bark as he tackled the Purrloin softly and pounced around like tiger cubs playing "fight". Arinem was unsure what to do so he decided to do what him and Growlithe usually does. The way him and Lapras plays won't apply here since there is no water. He kneels one leg on the ground as he remove his backpack and set it on the ground. He unzips it and takes a Frisbee and then he zips the bag again and puts it back. "Not really sure if this is fun but it's worth a try. I'm gonna throw this Frisbee and whoever catches it must go back to me. In order to win, either of you must get three catches and whoever gets three catches first, gets some gummy bears or some Pokefood. Your choice. Is that okay with you, Purrloin?" he asked smiling at the feline.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zSun Jun 24, 2012 10:25 pm

The Purrloin reacted to the tackle by twisting it's body and avoiding being pinned by the larger pokemon. When the boy pulled out something from s pack, the purrloin's attention. It hopped in the air and shouted excitedly. "Purrrrrr~loin!" He crouched and prepared to pounce on whatever was thrown his way.

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zMon Jun 25, 2012 10:55 am

Growlithe got ready to jump and run as well. "Guess you're ready...... CATCH!" he shouted throwing the frisbee away. Growlithe ran after the Frisbee hoping to catch it before Purrloin does.

OOC: I think it's unfair for me to decide for my Growlithe if he'd catch it or not so I guess you control Growlithe and Purrloin. :D Thanks.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zMon Jun 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Purrloin dashed after the frisbee and let the growlithe pull slightly ahead. He knew that the frisbee would probably end a little shorter. When it kept going, the purrloin caught up and leaped into the air. Its paw almost touched it, but he was short of grabbing it. Behind him, the trainer's growlithe could catch it easily, and that's what it did. Purrloin pouted slightly but walked back to the trainer with his growlithe. The purrloin pawed at the boy's pants and then got back into his ready pose, waiting for another throw.

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zTue Jun 26, 2012 11:47 am

"One point for Growlithe. Try to catch up right away, Purrloin." he said with a smile. "Not my type to use Purrloins but I didn't know they are so cute in person... Wonder how strong this one is..." he thought throwing the Frisbee again. "Hmm... Okay then. I'm gonna test his speed and reflexes. If he wins over Growlithe, I'll ask him if he'd like to join my team..." he thought as well.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zTue Jun 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Purrloin pouted slightly when the boy didn't throw the frisbee and made it known by standing on it's hind legs and tapping the ground with a back paw. "Purrloin," he said in a singsong manner. He was ready for the next throw, but when would it come? Then suddenlythe time came and he sprinted to catch it. He jumped once he was in front of it and easily caught the frisbee. He then happily trotted over to Arinem placing the thing at his feet.

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zWed Jun 27, 2012 3:17 pm

"Growlithe, what's wrong?" Arinem said picking up the Frisbee. The Growlithe just smiled, unsure of what to say. "Okay, GO!" he says throwing the Frisbee again. "Please catch this one, Purrloin..." he thought.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zWed Jun 27, 2012 11:16 pm

The purrloin was excited for this next throw and dashed off with the growlithe on his heels. Just like before, he got ahead of it only to jump and twist so that he could catch the frisbee. He was happy and started trotting back. Half way there, he turned and handed the frisbee to growlithe who took it and gladly dashed back with the purrloin to Arinem. He was so going to win this!

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zThu Jun 28, 2012 2:51 am

"Huh? I guess you want to make things fair." said Arinem picking the Frisbee up. "Okay... HEY LOOK IT'S A RAYQUAZA!" he said pointing up the sky distracting the two and then throwing the Frisbee again.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zThu Jun 28, 2012 7:55 pm

The purrloin excitedly dashed off and when Arinem called out that there was a rayquaza, he just shook his head and kept running, bell on his tail jingling. He knew that there weren't any of those in these parts. Growlithe however was distracted and looked around for the flying green dragon. When nothing was there it yipped at Arinem and turned to run even harder. However, it was too late, the purrloin had already caught its third catch and was trotting back to the trainer. Once there, he made a show of pointing to the sky and rolling his eyes, basically saying, "I'm from here, do you really think I would have believed that?"

(Score: Purrloin: 3 Growlithe: 1)

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zFri Jun 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Arinem didn't get the exact message but he knew the kitten or is it a cat? Was trying to say something the likes of that. "You're good at reflexes and speed, Purrloin. Hey, Growlithe, you usually beat all the neighbors at once so can't beat a feline?" joked Arinem. The Growlithe replied by sticking his tongue out and barking at the still stranger wild Pokemon to congratulate him. "I see you're good at reflexes and speed like I said... Do you want to be a part of my team?" Arinem asked taking a Pokeball out and putting it in front of Purrloin. Growlithe smiles and humbly accepts his loss.
NovaliRuso
NovaliRuso

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zSat Jun 30, 2012 8:39 pm

Purrloin looked at the pokeball and tilted his head slightly. If he did go with them, shiny things could be found, and more fun could be had. If he stayed, who knew how long he'd be alone again before someone found him? Free food and fun awaited, and he was going to take that shot. He walked calmly up to the ball on his hind legs and pressed the button in gently. With a flash of light, he was pulled in, and the shaking began. One, two, three, and complete stillness. The purrloin joined Arinem's team.

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zSun Jul 01, 2012 8:34 am

OOC: Meow. :3

===

"He is indeed fast but I don't think Purrloins are even useful..." he thought but he has seen a lot of weak-looking Pokemon whose moves are not even much of a threat but are still hard foes for some reason. He picks the Pokeball up and smiles at his Growlithe. "You let him win, right?" Arinem asked. Growlithe tilted his head and barked as if saying, "No." "Oh well. I'm glad you are still unharmed plus you've got a new friend. Gotta have Lapras meet him later." he said again walking onwards with his Growlithe. The puppy is supposed to be catching breaths now but he's used to it plus he gotta get used to it even more.
Dustfinger
Dustfinger

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zFri Jul 13, 2012 6:34 pm

After a bit of walking, one of the plants began to move slightly. Was there a Pokemon behind it? Wait, the plant itself was moving! "Bellsprout!" The plant finally revealed itself to be a wild Bellsprout! It began whipping its vine in a rather angry fashion. "Bell!" CRACK! "Sprout!" CRACK! Bellsprout's vines were hitting not too close to Arinem, but close enough to try to get its point across. Bellsprout wanted a fight!

A Wild Bellsprout (Female, Level 11) has appeared! Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] 069

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zSat Jul 14, 2012 3:42 am

"I'd appreciate you being a Bulbasaur or a Treecko." said Arinem. Growlithe immediately stepped forward still catching his breathe. "I don't like this. You should have taken a rest." said Arinem. "Anyway, what else can we do? Ember." said Arinem. Growlithe did as told.

===

OOC: Getting lazy at posting these past few days but don't worry, I'll try to energize myself.
Dustfinger
Dustfinger

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zSat Jul 14, 2012 4:46 am

Bellsprout had spotted the Fire-type Pokemon before she had shown herself. She had been expecting a Fire-type move to head her way, but she didn't know it was going to be this easy to dodge. The Ember was a straight shot right at her so, being the flexible Pokemon that she is, she curved her body in to a C shape and allowed the fire to pass right by her. The Trainer and Pokemon would have to do better than such a simple attack to take her down. She then retaliated by moving her body from the C formation and twisted it into a full force Vine Whip attack. Her limbs began to whistle as they flew through the air towards the enemy Growlithe.

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zSat Jul 14, 2012 6:56 am

Her attack is simple to dodge as well. Growlithe simply jumped to the right and threw flames from his mouth at the foe all by himself. "Hey..." said Arinem. "Nevermind. That's what I'd do anyway." he added.
Dustfinger
Dustfinger

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zSat Jul 14, 2012 7:12 am

Bellsprout was caught off guard by the lack of hesitation from her opponent. He glided away while her attacks seemingly stood still in comparison. As her limbs swung and missed the Growlithe, Bellsprout turned to see that her enemy was attacking again. She thought to herself, "I thought these tamed chumps had to listen to their masters?" She had assumed too much about her opponent. She had thought she would have time to recover from her attack before her enemy had received orders from his master. She was wrong and because she was, she took the Ember attack full on. She was hurled backwards in an unknown direction due to her twisting. Bellsprout lost all sense of direction as she rolled along the ground. She feebly got up and stood, not ready to give in quite yet. Though she was feeling rather weak, she didn't want to allow her opponent to know it. She finally attacked back by sending her limbs out again, this time only trying to grab the Growlithe with Wrap and squeeze him.

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zSat Jul 14, 2012 7:23 am

Growlithe is wrapped and cannot break free. "Epic fail. Burn it to the ground." said Arinem grinning. Growlithe uses Ember!
Dustfinger
Dustfinger

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8zSat Jul 14, 2012 8:40 am

Bellsprout's limbs released Growlithe as she fell to the ground. Bellsprout fainted with a thud.

Congrats! Growlithe gained 11 experience!
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]   Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY] H6Q0F8z

Won't Back Down! [SHADOW ONLY]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1