HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NewsNews  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Personal Moderators

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Personal Moderators Empty
PostSubject: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zTue Apr 03, 2012 4:12 am

Another suggestion herez by a kitteh who likes laying pipebombs and is the best kitteh in the world :3.

We have moderators, yah. But why don't we have "personal moderators". I mean, anyone can choose a moderator who'll be their personal moderator. I mean, everytime the person posts and needs to be modded, the personal moderator always will mod him/her once he/she is online. He won't be awarded, though but it'd be his obligation. A moderator can only have one owner, he can only be a personal mod of one person. And a person can only have one mod.

Personal mods can be chosen from real moderators or mod in training, OR normal members. when it comes to normal members, they wont have powers to delete stuff and move it and etc. But those normal members can only mod for their owner and they can mod their owner anytime they're online.

---

What do you think? Do you agree? Rejected? Accepted? :3
Sora
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zTue Apr 03, 2012 7:55 am

I've got to ask, how many moderators do you think there are compared to the amount of members on the forum? Not nearly enough to supply everyone. >.<
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zTue Apr 03, 2012 7:59 am

There, problem solved. Unless a counter-suggestion is made within the next 24 hours, thread will be locked and moved to resolved section.
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zTue Apr 03, 2012 8:14 am

Tbf, if people didn't create so many characters, this suggestion would be far more realistic. I see members with loads of them, and it's a wonder if they can actually have everything modded or balance it correctly. A system similar to this might also sort the activity problem here - it becomes randomly dead, and then when it wakes up, some members like myself watch the same people getting modded whilst my thread is just left. One actual mod said his thread had been abandoned for months, I believe?

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zTue Apr 03, 2012 8:29 am

*wears a Phoenix Wright suit*

OBJECTION!

I hereby object this evide-... suggestion! I know the number of members and moderators here. The mods exceed them but, everyone doesn't need to really have their personal mod. It's their choice, it's optional so yah. What do you think?

Erhem...

That's all the Defence has to say, now will the Prosecu-... people give something for the Defence's suggestion?

lawl :3
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zTue Apr 03, 2012 10:36 am

I don't think anything's doing, Kit. Everyone will want one and eventually mods will be treated more like dogs. What do i say? You get my point, everyone will want one eventually. Besides, have some patience, Mods also have lives, they work for us and we don't pay them any money, they work for free and spend their valuable time for your needs. We can't have personal mods for people. Our mods will do their work, every mod will work together and moderate all threads. Now unless we have more suggestions, locked in 24 more hours.

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zTue Apr 03, 2012 10:53 am

:D Wasn't talking like treating them like dogs, though. But anyway, nah, okay. Just thought it'd be cool.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zTue Apr 03, 2012 11:21 am

Just saying you have 24 hours more to think of more ups for your idea, I liked it a bit too, if there were enough mods I would have said "Why not?"
Nishwishes
Nishwishes

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zTue Apr 03, 2012 11:30 am

I don't think the mods would be treat like dogs necessarily, and if they were, then surely restrictions and other things would be put in place to solve that? I'm aiming to become a mod myself, if that makes a difference number wise, but as of yet I've had little chance to prove myself. Also, having personal mods doesn't necessarily mean that there will be responses every five minutes, I have a life just as all the mods do.

I also don't think the same mod would need to be used all the time. It could be dependent on area, requirements and ofc personal issues. For example, if the mod couldn't respond for a time or something, would someone else temporarily take their place? It's a system that would require a bit of discussion, I think.

Anyways - I'm off to the gym! I'll jump back in later if it's still alive and kicking lolz.

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zTue Apr 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Nightmare, no more ideas. Guess this can be deleted or locked.
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zTue Apr 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Just letting you know, Kit, we did have a system, a couple of mods assigned to mod specific regions. But it was not successful, not that we didn't want to do it, we couldn't. I'll leave this till tomorrow, just so members can get a chance to share their thoughts on the matter.

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zTue Apr 03, 2012 2:56 pm

K. Tnx, man.
Lucretia
Lucretia

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zWed Apr 04, 2012 3:15 am

It would make more sense if the moderators opened up slots to how many threads each of them was personally willing to moderate, then fill the slots accordingly. Then, if new threads exceed number of moderators that would be the time to hire new staff, right? There could be a list of which staff are willing to take on how many threads, and which threads they currently have and how many spots are open for that mod as well. (Of course, this is only for the people who prefer one mod to continuously mod their thread, vs not caring and wanting whichever staff is online to post for them).
Darkrai
Darkrai

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zWed Apr 04, 2012 8:39 am

There we go, thread is not under locking risk now, discuss the new version ;)

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zWed Apr 04, 2012 8:44 am

i dont think the staff will hire new mods right now. specially theyre so not hiring me again xDD oh and hey, i like kita's idea. :3

EDIT:
PS: Nightmare, you've got to watch Wrestlemania 28 specially Triple H vs Undertaker and Cena Vs Rock. Undertaker vs Triple H is sweet, they're unbelievable and the way the match ended is uncommon. cena vs rock, thought cena was gonna go rock faint. :3
Quibbloboy
Quibbloboy

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zThu Apr 05, 2012 2:31 am

Ha. Haha. Us, hire you. Again. Ha.
You slay me.

Anyway, my wholly unbiased opinion is that this is not a good idea. Theoretically, it should work the way we have it. Some people, ah, slack. I'll bring it up with the staff and try to get it fixed.

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zThu Apr 05, 2012 3:52 am

Heh, was kidding thar. Anyway, don't go thinking am getting stuff among the mods huh. Wanted that idea, so clear things out = not angry on the mods or something.

Just to clean my name, sheesh.

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zThu Apr 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Rejected! First of all this is clearly a discimination of our moderators, and other reasons which you can read in previous posts.

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zThu Apr 05, 2012 1:28 pm

I don't like where this is going. >_> How's that a discrimination of moderators? Takashi, I know you don't trust me a bit and you have some sort of anger with me but don't pull cheap tricks like this from nowhere. >_>

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zThu Apr 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Its not in my style to pull cheap tricks on anybody. And yes its a discrimintation of moderators: We have 6 moderators, and lets say all members want just one? That is not fair to other moderators.

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zThu Apr 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Okay so why so serious? I mean, first of all, I never meant to slap them or something. Second, I expected this kind of reaction coming so I explained that I have nothing bad against the moderators. So what is your problem now? I don't want another fight again, specially not with you.

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zThu Apr 05, 2012 1:45 pm

This is serious job, and like i said this wont be approved. I mean you can ask someone to mod you personaly, but you have to have more than just one moderator.

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8zThu Apr 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Sure this won't be approved. >_> No prob with that, not a single bit. Guess we can stop this though I dunno where you got the "discimination of our moderators" thingy. Anyway, guess this'd be closed by tomorrow.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal Moderators   Personal Moderators H6Q0F8z

Personal Moderators
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1